PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool Fc @ Anfield - Reds Supporters Gatherings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
23-04-2012, 12:54 AM
I rather we not make it to the fa cup and hide the problems. We cannot mask the problem and prolong KD stay. Rebuilding needs to start before start of the next season. We are just not clinical enough.

I said that before...as a true red fan..I do not want us to lose any games..but that mentality changed when we started going down in the league..unfortunately.....

Let's see what King going to say again in the per-match interview........but we all know the answers isn't it

rahl
23-04-2012, 12:55 AM
Typical....

Attack and attack and suddenly a goal down....

what to say>? How to explain????

Bury our heads. A smash and grab by Roy and WBA.

lfc78
23-04-2012, 01:02 AM
I said that before...as a true red fan..I do not want us to lose any games..but that mentality changed when we started going down in the league..unfortunately.....

Let's see what King going to say again in the per-match interview........but we all know the answers isn't it

Well the king will said its bad luck. Hit the woodward couple of times. If we think henderson, carrol are lfc calibre, I think we will just be known as a mid table team.

bochapsing
23-04-2012, 01:03 AM
thou disappointed on the result, but i'm more disappointed of not seeing any youngster being brought into the team... :mad:

can't believe that we could find the net against an awful WBA display... :mad:

i've started to look forward to next season.... :mad:

chochochang2
23-04-2012, 01:04 AM
First win for WBA @ Anfield in 45 years.

It feels like all the winless records of other teams are broken because Anfield is no longer a fortress. Away from home we've been erratic as well

This season minus our cup form will mean we've been playing like crap. Even mid table teams like Fulham have the same number of points as us now.

I'm not too disappointed because I already expected a draw at most for the rest of our league matches.

For now, we can only accept the fact that we are a mid table team and no longer part of the "Big 4".

lfc78
23-04-2012, 01:08 AM
Sell AC and SD. Loan out henderson. Bring in 2 proven quality striker. LS is never a finisher. He does top up the odd goals but will create more. Don't mind if torres comes back. He and lfc is a match make in heaven. Need quality on the wings and no more british talents please. We lost to west brom at mighty Anfield! Is this acceptable?

lugi
23-04-2012, 01:09 AM
Nothing wrong with the performance, everything wrong with the finishing. How many crosses does AC needs before he converts with his 35m head? At least I saw a decent Hendo display today, I hope it is not a one off.

Nothing to look forward to now, they can't score, how to win the FA cup? Monday Blues :(

SamFaced
23-04-2012, 01:12 AM
Such a sad end to e week...:0(.. Our league standing goin from worse to worst n more... Thought e last time i endured such a time was when we finish 7th under Souness or Evans if im not wrong.... This is unimaginable by a long ways... Haizzz.. Cant wait for e season to be over... Dun think i wanna even watch the full review for this season...
But mybe we gotty gv KD a chance tonight.. Luck is totally against us...E ball just dun wanno go into e net...Perhaps, a new set of goalpost at Anfield would improve our luck...

lfc78
23-04-2012, 01:15 AM
I thought uncle yankees very much into KPI? If not out you go? The only consolation this season will be city winning the league. Got a feeling that if we lost to rental boys in the fa cup then King will be out of job.

S.B.Y.1
23-04-2012, 01:22 AM
Past Pool teams would have beaten teams like WBA and others even with the reserve's selection :(

The fear isn't there anymore :o

Gosh chance after chance and yet the ball doesn't seems to want to go in = Why Oh Why

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
23-04-2012, 01:23 AM
Americans are shrewd businessman ...but not really ours...

NFL are still the biggest sport in America and soccer prolly ranked 4th..
Hence I still believe they are more willing to invest in their nfl and ice-hockey..

A wholesale makeshift including mgr is necessary but it won't bring immediate results unless you got multi-billionaires like city..

I would only probably keep Steve Clarke And take out Kenny and keen ....

But ....we are only fans...it's really beyond us on club decision :eek:

see see only
23-04-2012, 01:27 AM
Where is their discipline :mad: … for seasons already liao … why are they always so complacent especially playing with weaker teams ??? Attack and attack and attack … then did not take their chance with their might ....... then the game turn too easy for them and one moment of mistake …. they let in goal ... lost their confident and play like headless fly …… where is their motivation and urge to perform like our arch rival …. Star players are losing faith and playing selfishly ............ sob :o

I finally accept that Rafael Benitez is the best manager in this recent years … he delivered his management skill and generated great players with his little budget at that time … normal players played well and he transform them into star players, star player improved to world class players … ;)

Names that i saw great improvement with RB :- Alonso, Torres, Gerrard, Arbeloa, kuyt …

Just too bad RB did not have much budget during his time ... sob :o

lfc78
23-04-2012, 01:28 AM
Comments section in lfc.tv close as usual. :mad:

HonkyTonkyMan
23-04-2012, 10:43 AM
I thought it was fantastic news that the scums drew in their match with everton and felt good that if liverpool won their match they could leapfrogged over everton. but alas again they let themselves down. What ever happened to those awe inspiring words "THIS IS ANFIELD", as the players comes marching down the tunnel. This current crop of players really put those words to shame.:mad:

Nowadays its seems to inspire the smaller teams that "this is an field" and the opponent they are playing is just a ordinary team nothing to fear.:(

Btw is there anything wrong with the forum settings, mine is missing the colors and columns line...:confused:

Hurricane88
23-04-2012, 10:55 AM
We are always quick to blame and try to fix.

I dun think bringing new players is the right call. We need players who can perform and blend in. Of course there is never any quick fix to liverpool problem.

If we lift the FA cup then I consider this a successful season.

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
23-04-2012, 10:58 AM
I thought it was fantastic news that the scums drew in their match with everton and felt good that if liverpool won their match they could leapfrogged over everton. but alas again they let themselves down. What ever happened to those awe inspiring words "THIS IS ANFIELD", as the players comes marching down the tunnel. This current crop of players really put those words to shame

Nowadays its seems to inspire the smaller teams that "this is an field" and the opponent they are playing is just a ordinary team nothing to fear.:(

Btw is there anything wrong with the forum settings, mine is missing the colors and columns line...:confused:

3 losses at home this season compared to toffees 6 losses at home yet we are still below them...

Ah well..doesnt make a difference on 7th or 8th anymore...
Liverpool fans are just too nice sometimes, that's is why we are not as successful as Barca or Real or City and ...M...in tis generation whose fans really voice their anger out on things that are amiss...this will put pressure on the board....but...we are just too nice (not me tough)

Give the team chances...chances...chances....sure...let's wait another 20 years a a league title...
Can you wait?

Anyway, you are not alone on the website error, my desktop, notebook, iphone and ipad all got the same error, so it concludes its the website error :D

I dun think bringing new players is the right call. We need players who can perform and blend in. Of course there is never any quick fix to liverpool problem.

If the current batch is not performing....it is not performing, there is no magic that a sub-standard player can become a good player in 1 season (less Lucas)

Getting players who can blend in is = getting new players...no?
Sometime getting what is considered a good /suitable player when playing for liverpool suddenly become a terrible player...expectation is just that high here as we are still living in history which is 2-3-4 decades ago...

I really wish we get the FA cup seriously...but on the other hand, will this keep KD for another season :(

This season is too trumatising for lao ah pek like me ...

chochochang2
23-04-2012, 05:21 PM
I feel that it is a must to get new players in to give the current batch of players competition, if not they will be taking their place for granted. Many of our current players are getting old - namely Gerrard, Maxi, Bellamy and Kuyt.

Ironically, we have the 3rd best defence in the league (we've conceded 37 goals this season so far with 4 more games to go, only the 2 Manchester clubs have conceded lesser). Last season we conceded 44 goals, this shows that there's improvement in our defending.

We might need to get a new left-back to back Enrique up, as Fabio Aurelio is often injured and is unlikely to remain at Liverpool for next season. Jack Robinson would be a great understudy for both Enrique and the new left-back, if we get one.

In midfield, we are overloaded. We have Gerrard, Spearing, Adam and Lucas (when they both return from injury), Shelvey and Henderson to choose from.

It will be of priority to bring in at least 2 more out and out wingers (the likes of Adam Johnson and Jermaine Pennant comes to mind) as we currently only have Maxi and Downing.

Up front, we need to bring in 1 more top quality striker. Currently we only have Kuyt, Carroll and Suarez to choose from.

Carroll has been disappointing so far, Kuyt is getting old and Suarez is often inconsistent.

Not to forget, we also need to look at the younger players that we have.

Sterling, Eccleston, Robinson, Flanagan, Pacheco.

Hopefully, Aquilani and Joe Cole can come back from their loan spells to help out Liverpool in their midfield.

rahl
23-04-2012, 05:26 PM

There are not many fans who can say what you just said ;)

If they played like crap, fine. But when you created as many chances as we did against WBA, when the manager picked attacking players and tried to win, the club deserves some support at the very least.

Critics say it's easy to win cups cf. the league. I beg to differ. It's harder. Knock out competitions are a lottery, even over 2 legs which favours the bigger clubs. Someone said you only have to win x number of matches to win a cup competition; it's never so easy. Look at Chelsea still trying to win the CL after all the money, look at City who are still struggling in Europe, look at Arse in the recent years.

Let's not devalue what we have achieved, while not forgetting our struggles and failings. It's been a mixed season.

rahl
23-04-2012, 05:33 PM
I feel that it is a must to get new players in to give the current batch of players competition, if not they will be taking their place for granted. Many of our current players are getting old - namely Gerrard, Maxi, Bellamy and Kuyt.

In midfield, we are overloaded. We have Gerrard, Spearing, Adam and Lucas (when they both return from injury), Shelvey and Henderson to choose from.

Up front, we need to bring in 1 more top quality striker. Currently we only have Kuyt, Carroll and Suarez to choose from.

Carroll has been disappointing so far, Kuyt is getting old and Suarez is often inconsistent.

Our squad is actually very young, other than those you mentioned. The new players have been brought in last season to play for the next 6-7 years.

I agree we need another striker; actually we have many strikers, but Bellars and Kuyt have been played almost exclusively on the wings.

In midfield we are actually short of a holding mid. Besides Lucas, there is only the wee man who is still a WIP. I rate Jonjo very highly and would love to see him play more.

chochochang2
23-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Our squad is actually very young, other than those you mentioned. The new players have been brought in last season to play for the next 6-7 years.

I agree we need another striker; actually we have many strikers, but Bellars and Kuyt have been played almost exclusively on the wings.

In midfield we are actually short of a holding mid. Besides Lucas, there is only the wee man who is still a WIP. I rate Jonjo very highly and would love to see him play more.

yes, we need 2 of Lucas! :D

If I were KD, I would be looking to buy a back up left-back, holding mid, 2 wingers and 1 striker.

bochapsing
23-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Sterling, Eccleston, Robinson, Flanagan, Pacheco.

Hopefully, Aquilani and Joe Cole can come back from their loan spells to help out Liverpool in their midfield.

i dun think aquaman, cole n pacheco will b back...

robinson n flanagan need to be loaned out to preferably newly promoted BPL sides where they can get some playing time and BPL experience as well... they r still very young for defenders and we still have another outstanding defender in kelly...

would like to see players like suso, sterling, eccleston (i fear he may not make the cut, like mellor and many others) in some action...
but our coaching team must have seen something we didn't, which make them think tat theses youngsters are not ready for 1st team yet...

chochochang2
23-04-2012, 06:20 PM

robinson n flanagan need to be loaned out to preferably newly promoted BPL sides where they can get some playing time and BPL experience as well... they r still very young for defenders and we still have another outstanding defender in kelly...

would like to see players like suso, sterling, eccleston (i fear he may not make the cut, like mellor and many others) in some action...
but our coaching team must have seen something we didn't, which make them think tat theses youngsters are not ready for 1st team yet...

it will be a waste if Aquilani and Joe Cole don't come back to Liverpool since we haven't seen the best of them yet. Both were playing their way back to the team after recovering from their injuries.

Hurricane88
23-04-2012, 07:42 PM
yes, we need 2 of Lucas! :D

If I were KD, I would be looking to buy a back up left-back, holding mid, 2 wingers and 1 striker.

Took Lucas about 2 to 3 seasons to become a good player at Liverpool...enough critics here when he started first and second year...many said should sell him...:)

I always believed takes time for new players to gel and blend in to play well...instant success are nice but no guarantees...:)

see see only
23-04-2012, 07:59 PM
....... What ever happened to those awe inspiring words "THIS IS ANFIELD", as the players comes marching down the tunnel. This current crop of players really put those words to shame.:mad: Nowadays .....

I suppose they should cover the "THIS IS ANFIELD" with the following notice :o

"Sorry we are under transformation, we apologize for any inconveniences caused and disappointment we’ve generated. Your patience is much appreciated ---- expected completion date :- unknown" :p

doppelherz
23-04-2012, 08:21 PM

yup. Aquilani is already a Milan player for 5 million after he made 20 or 25 appearances for them.

Aquilani would have been a star with us, what a waste!

Alkano
23-04-2012, 08:39 PM
As much as i like KD, it is time for a change at the helm.
KD is just not the right man to lead Pool to a revival and challenge for a champion league place.
I hope Rafa can lead the team again.

Regaine
23-04-2012, 08:54 PM
I really do share with all the Liverpool supportters here the pain and disappointment with the recent match result.

Sorry to rub it in but if you see my last few posts I have been quite critiacal of our current team and manager .

The question now is :

Why are we losing games at Anfield ? :eek: :confused: We use to be a fortress at Anfield . Any team that comes to Anfield will shiver with fright . Now it is not the case.

Why are we losing games to teams that are ranked lower than us ? On paper we should win them quite comfortably .

Why is our current manager still around ? I am surprised that he is not sacked by now.

I hate to admit this but we are in deed in a CRISIS . If we go on like this , how can we attract new players to the club next season ?

It is pretty obvious that the new players bought under KK especially the english players are NOT PERFORMING.

We definitely need to do something drastic. Please bring back RB.

Hurricane88
23-04-2012, 10:29 PM
Man U was in disarray for almost 40 yrs before they found their right mixed...a manager known as a Alex Ferguson...stayed for 20plus yrs...:)

We had Paisley, Fagan, Dalgish...etc...:)

doppelherz
23-04-2012, 11:02 PM
As much as i like KD, it is time for a change at the helm.
KD is just not the right man to lead Pool to a revival and challenge for a champion league place.
I hope Rafa can lead the team again.

The only problem I have with Kenny is that he has no Plan B when Plan A doesn't work.

I just think we need established players who will understand and cope with the pressures of wearing the red jersey.

sex crusader
23-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Blame it on luck, pole, pitch, referee, weather, crowd etc but why don't look at the mirror and reflect what went wrong and rectify it? The end result speak louder than words! You can create hundreds of chances but is the scoring of a goal that count in any football match! :rolleyes:

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
24-04-2012, 02:22 AM
Man U was in disarray for almost 40 yrs before they found their right mixed...a manager known as a Alex Ferguson...stayed for 20plus yrs..

We had Paisley, Fagan, Dalgish...etc...:)

The amount of money invested in football is like 100 folds from both fans and owners etc etc compare with last time...how to make comparison :eek:

Be it salary, bonus, sponsors, ticket prices who the f will give u so many years to produce the results..even if you are the conference league mgr or s-league mgr it's the same...

From no offside to no back pass rules, the game has changed 360 degrees hence the pressure to succeed and sacking increased 100 folds as well.
That's soccer or any sports for you.

Don't really blame some of you because they prolly nv invested in anything and can say what they feel and give chances, just wait till you put some good money into something and tell me about it again :)

Blame it on luck, pole, pitch, referee, weather, crowd etc but why don't look at the mirror and reflect what went wrong and rectify it? The end result speak louder than words! You can create hundreds of chances but is the scoring of a goal that count in any football match! :rolleyes:

I mentioned before - you can have 100 chances, 100 disallowed goals, 100 missed penalties - end of the day it's the Pts after 38 games ...no one will care or remember how many chances you missed or so called bad luck...

Table don't lie...table don't lie..stats don't lie as well..

So I agree with you but unfortunately it's us ...

May next season be better (but it needs a wholesale changes if not there won't be any difference from this season) as more senior players will get demoralized and which quality player will come to us anymore apart from the salary we offer with no pride ..

History can be taken as a review but it won't move you forward...nxt generation ppl will only know of manure and chelski I tell ya...

The Milk Man
24-04-2012, 03:53 AM
The only problem I have with Kenny is that he has no Plan B when Plan A doesn't work.

I just think we need established players who will understand and cope with the pressures of wearing the red jersey.

Sometimes I feel he is doing it on purpose....... so that he can have the funds to buy more players when the season ends. :D

rahl
24-04-2012, 05:49 PM

robinson n flanagan need to be loaned out to preferably newly promoted BPL sides

Pacheco should be back or will he have another loan?

Agree about Robinsion and Flanagan. Whether a young player breaks into the team depends on several factors, their ability is only one. It also depends on need - if a senior player is injured or under-performing, and the team overall - to promote 3-4 players from the reserves at one shot will be risky. Of cos Wenger will have his own ideas.

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
24-04-2012, 10:36 PM
http://news.asianbookie.com/news.cfm?id=37176&section=ENGLAND

Well, i reserve my comment about him...
Selling him - who's going to run around the pitch to chase for any balls :o

http://news.asianbookie.com/news.cfm?id=37168&section=ENGLAND

I always rated him highly although he kinda under performed in England, hope the nxt mgr (no KD hopefully) utilised him properly, beside Stevie i think the nxt good playmaker has to be him..

doppelherz
24-04-2012, 11:37 PM
http://news.asianbookie.com/news.cfm?id=37168&section=ENGLAND

I always rated him highly although he kinda under performed in England, hope the nxt mgr (no KD hopefully) utilised him properly, beside Stevie i think the nxt good playmaker has to be him..

I really hope he stays a Liverpool player, we can't rely on Gerrard anymore for a full season, Aquilani can do the job, he was superb this pre-season.

rahl
25-04-2012, 07:35 AM
Will be interesting next month at Wembley. Chelsea will be aiming to do a cup double just like us. Bring it on!

omnia
25-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Aiyo damn bloody nervous after watching chelsea play out barca over both legs of the CL...must say fm a neutral's perspective that i truly enjoyed watching last night's game at the camp nou...

but fm a reds perspective think kenny & clarkie really hv to put on their thinking caps to deal wif chelsea's recent revival of form...even nando now appears to hv found his goal scoring shoes, that goal of his shall probably give him loads of confidence...drogba, lampard, mata, ramires all look v strong n sharp...n chelsea's defence now appears to hv tightened up agn...AVB must be well n truly dumbfounded by this turn around but i guess that is life...

ironically it may now turn out that the coveted 4th epl slot may be worthless if chelsea go on n win in munich n that may well be their destiny...so i guess the reds sld just focus on the upcoming wembley final...need to motivate carroll, downing n henderson to play out of their skin n turn on the magic...i trust suarez, gerrard, bellamy, kuyt, maxi, agger n skrtel shall be up for it...also i really hope carra is not selected becuz i dont think he can cope wif the likes of drogba, nando et al...

Cant wait for the wembley final...come on u reds...

YNWA..

doppelherz
25-04-2012, 12:45 PM
Aiyo damn bloody nervous after watching chelsea play out barca over both legs of the CL...must say fm a neutral's perspective that i truly enjoyed watching last night's game at the camp nou...

I really enjoyed the first half, I though Chelski were gonna concede 7 goals at one stage...then Ramirez scored!

Credit to Di Matteo, he has made this team click somehow. He has got the players up for it for the big games and I think if Liverpool play like they did in the first half against Everton in the semis, Chelski might go into halftime leading 3-0.
And this time we don't have the desire from players to create another 3-3 classic.

The Milk Man
25-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Cant wait for the wembley final...come on u reds... YNWA..

Liverpool may be in with a good chance of lifting the FA Cup as Chelsea has to battle on 3 fronts....... the schedule and stress will definitely take their toll on the Chelsea 1st eleven. :D

Hurricane88
25-04-2012, 03:59 PM
If Chelsea wins the Champions League final for the first time then Chelsea qualifies as defending champion for next years CL...")

Then premier league champions and runner up qualifies for next year CL...3rd place will also qualify but unsure if automatic or need to playoff...but 4th place no more because England can only has 4 teams in next year CL...:)

see how the scenarios work up...:)

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
25-04-2012, 05:02 PM
It will be like in '05 were we won the CL and everton got 4th and missed out on the CL spot and we were out of the top 4.

Spurs or arse going to cry father cry mother if any one if them got 4th :eek:

doppelherz
25-04-2012, 05:57 PM
It will be like in '05 were we won the CL and everton got 4th and missed out on the CL spot and we were out of the top 4.

Spurs or arse going to cry father cry mother if any one if them got 4th :eek:

Everton did not miss out, they just sucked and got knocked out immediately :D

see see only
25-04-2012, 06:00 PM

Spurs or arse going to cry father cry mother if any one if them got 4th

My dear bro GeMiNiZzzzZzz ...

No offence ... but i guess you remember wrongly lei ... tat year EPL got 5 teams qualified lei ..... :o But only tat year got exception

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_F.C._Champions_League_qualification_2005 %E2%80%9306

However Everton got beaten by Villarreal in the 3rd qualifying round ;)

Tat's why finally only got four EPL teams .........

Hahahahaha i guess UEFA will never never expect a C L champion cannot even qualify into champion league :o but then UEFA amended the rule liao after that year .... (to keep the defending champion if such case occurred again)

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
25-04-2012, 06:07 PM
lol....
Actually that statement was made without doing proper researching...it was just what I think mah...paiseh hor :D
Jet-lag...just touch down homeland here after 19 hrs :(

Nevertheless, best team don't always win..barca is such a good example even can't defeat 10 men chelski...

Gotta stay awake tonight to see real match...

Would really be surprised to see chel vs bayern in final..
Who would have predicted that :o

Xgenre
25-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Would really be surprised to see chel vs bayern in final..
Who would have predicted that :o

Final is held in Munich right? I am sure Bayern is motivated. If Barca can be defeated, why not Real?

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
25-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Final is held in Munich right? I am sure Bayern is motivated. If Barca can be defeated, why not Real?

I'm sure the moaner of real will go all out..but it still depends whether it is enought to overcome the deficit...

And if course the motivation to meet his old club and show them he still got what it takes...

Home ground in CL and world cup usually don't favor the home team...
Barca likes to walk the ball into the net which is impossible against the English (your leg may anytime get chop by the English if u dribble too much in the epl :D)..real is more direct football....maybe...just maybe so..

That's all speculation anyway...Results Tmw don't lie :cool:

Hurricane88
25-04-2012, 06:52 PM
lol....
Nevertheless, best team don't always win..barca is such a good example even can't defeat 10 men chelski...

this statement fully agreed...Barcelona is without any silverware for this season...after Pep Guardiola had won 19 during his reins...:)

anyone can confirm if 3rd place is auto qualification or need to play-off if chelsea wins the CL finals..:)

I just confirm that 3rd place will play-off if chelsea wins...rules are set...:)

Lone_Wolf
25-04-2012, 06:53 PM

BM players are fresh as they were left out of their last game whereas RM fielded their entire 1st team vs Barca. If the game goes into extra time, RM gonna be torn to pieces.

My pick is - RM 1 BM 1. :D

chochochang2
25-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Kalou: Kuyt wants Feyenoord return

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1053838/salomon-kalou:-dirk-kuyt-wants-to-return-to-feyenoord?cc=4716

will be damn sad and disappointed to see Kuyt leave Liverpool :(

But at the same time damn happy if Aquilani returns to Liverpool! Hopefully Joe Cole will do the same too.

chochochang2
25-04-2012, 10:28 PM
this statement fully agreed...Barcelona is without any silverware for this season...after Pep Guardiola had won 19 during his reins...:)

they only have Copa Del Rey to fight for :D

chochochang2
26-04-2012, 04:25 PM
The worst signings of the season

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/1054403/hubbard:-the-premier-league%27s-worst-signings-of-the-season?cc=4716

Stewart Downing comes in at #3, Jordan Henderson comes in at #8 and Charlie Adam comes in at #10.

SH149
26-04-2012, 04:29 PM
The worst signings of the season

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/1054403/hubbard:-the-premier-league%27s-worst-signings-of-the-season?cc=4716

Stewart Downing comes in at #3, Jordan Henderson comes in at #8 and Charlie Adam comes in at #10.

And that explain the current standing we are in now :(

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
26-04-2012, 05:32 PM
They are really good individuals at their old clubs as the game is build around them.

But Liverpool is too big a club to build around any one player hence they failed.
I still think Adams is still the best among the 4 tough..still liked him ;)

Xgenre
26-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Wait wait, just because somebody is tasked to come up with a top ten list, it doesn't mean we have to agree with him that our players should be in that list right? Come on guys, it's soccernet. The articles aren't always credible. Our players in that list might have underperformed but are they necessarily the worst 10 players to be signed?

chochochang2
26-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Wait wait, just because somebody is tasked to come up with a top ten list, it doesn't mean we have to agree with him that our players should be in that list right? Come on guys, it's soccernet. The articles aren't always credible. Our players in that list might have underperformed but are they necessarily the worst 10 players to be signed?

yup, those 3 LFC players definitely underperformed this season and maybe don't warrant a "ranking" for being the worst signings of the season.

anyway, it was the author of the article (Norman Hubbard) who chose his 10 worst signings of the season so nothing is official.

Just thought that the article was interesting so I shared it here.

Xgenre
26-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Just thought that the article was interesting so I shared it here.

Sure, no problem as long as we read it with a huge dose of salt. I wonder how is David Bentley now. If we buy him, perhaps he can make it to the top ten worst signing list for next season too. :p

Fabio Cappello wants to manage in the BPL. Good luck to whichever team gets him. I think he is just looking for a final payout before he retires.

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
26-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Sure, no problem as long as we read it with a huge dose of salt. I wonder how is David Bentley now. If we buy him, perhaps he can make it to the top ten worst signing list for next season too. :p

Fabio Cappello wants to manage in the BPL. Good luck to whichever team gets him. I think he is just looking for a final payout before he retires.

I kinda rate Bentley highly tough...but rating is one thing ..performing up to expectation is another tough..

Cappello is going to command a high pay whichever club decides to employ him...his resume is nice indeed..

chochochang2
28-04-2012, 05:58 AM
Team news: Norwich v Liverpool

Steven Gerrard returned to training during the week but with the FA Cup final in just over a week and two league matches to play before then manager Kenny Dalglish may look to protect some of his players. Midfielder Charlie Adam's knee injury has ruled out a return before the end of the season.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature/_/id/280562/premier-league-team-news:-injuries-and-suspensions?cc=4716

Gerrard back, Adam out for season

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1054710/steven-gerrard-back,-charlie-adam-out-for-season?cc=4716

chochochang2
28-04-2012, 11:39 PM
Confirmed LFC team v Norwich: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique, Downing, Shelvey, Gerrard, Henderson, Bellamy, Suarez

Subs: Doni, Maxi, Coates, Kuyt, Spearing, Kelly, Skrtel

Interesting team selection by KD tonight. Carroll is not in the squad to face Norwich, while Carragher will play ahead of Skrtel who is on the bench.

lugi
28-04-2012, 11:49 PM
Confirmed LFC team v Norwich: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique, Downing, Shelvey, Gerrard, Henderson, Bellamy, Suarez

Subs: Doni, Maxi, Coates, Kuyt, Spearing, Kelly, Skrtel

Interesting team selection by KD tonight. Carroll is not in the squad to face Norwich, while Carragher will play ahead of Skrtel who is on the bench.

Skrtel is our best header of the ball, better than the pony tailed guy, and he is a sub. Who deals with Holt? :eek:

Maybe KD is already prpearing life without AC...

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
28-04-2012, 11:55 PM
Ahh...my fav pairing of bellars and Luis..;)

chochochang2
29-04-2012, 12:23 AM
Kenny Dalglish just said that he excluded Carroll as a "precaution" and refused to give anything away when asked about the injury..

francined69
29-04-2012, 12:29 AM
game is gonna start! let's see how the team performs tonight ;)

see see only
29-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Hey something telling me and i simply felt that liverpool gonna thrash Norwich ... :D

0 : 6 or more hahahaha .... :D (maybe i already bet this crazy score .... tat's why ... :p)

francined69
29-04-2012, 12:56 AM
Suarez scores!

rahl
29-04-2012, 12:57 AM
Stevie rolling back the years with that break... 1-0

francined69
29-04-2012, 01:00 AM
Suarez scores again! 2-0 up

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
29-04-2012, 01:01 AM
Suarez is beautifulllllll :D

see see only
29-04-2012, 01:01 AM
Suarez scores!

Suarez 2 : Norwich 0 ... maybe i bet got chance ... :D

chochochang2
29-04-2012, 01:29 AM
surprisingly Liverpool leading 2-0 at half time, Suarez with 2 wonderful goals.

But Liverpool cannot afford to be complacent, remember what happen at Loftus Road? We lost 3-2 to QPR after leading 2-0.. :mad:

francined69
29-04-2012, 01:38 AM
am hoping for Suarez to bag a hat trick

francined69
29-04-2012, 01:54 AM
Suarez so close to a hat trick...........chip over the goal post

rahl
29-04-2012, 02:03 AM
Twice Down had the chance to play in a dangerous ball, what did he do?

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
29-04-2012, 02:12 AM
Wat a wonderful hat-trick ...

rahl
wow hat trick!!!

see see only
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWWWW

What a GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL and the first hat-trick for Suarez wearing liverpool shirt :eek:

francined69
Suarez hat trick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful shot from middle of the field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S.B.Y.1
29-04-2012, 02:14 AM
Fabulous Hatrick - A goal Suarez will remember throughout his career

rahl
29-04-2012, 02:14 AM
down won't give him the ball so Suarez did it himself.

chochochang2
29-04-2012, 02:24 AM
wonderful hat trick by Suarez, absolutely poor defending from Norwich and Suarez punishes them.

Why can't Liverpool play like this in every match??

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
29-04-2012, 02:27 AM
wonderful hat trick by Suarez, absolutely poor defending from Norwich and Suarez punishes them.

Why can't Liverpool play like this in every match??

They did...
But the ball never seems to go into the net..

The performance against west brom is better than today but we still .......

lugi
29-04-2012, 02:39 AM
LS is just more clinical tonight, so we won. Jonjo missed 2 great chances. Norwich got punished for their defensive lapses. This performance will not win them the FA Cup, unless LS decides to take things into his own hands again.

SH149
29-04-2012, 08:22 AM
For those who missed the match

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A2YgWGlky40#/watch?v=A2YgWGlky40

Hurricane88
29-04-2012, 08:41 AM
LS first hat trick in BPL...we knew he can do it...matter of time...hope he does it more often...:)

rahl
29-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Kenny: I am garbage = priceless.

see see only
29-04-2012, 09:35 PM
For those who missed the match

Thks for the post .... watched the 3 goals again & again ...

All 3 goals - half chances ... :rolleyes: ...... Really almost look like Suarez 3 : Norwich 0 :D:p Hope his form continue for this coming weekend ...

Watching Chelsea now (4 : 0 up halftime)... they are in form as well ... Torres is on form as well .... FA Cup final is really gonna be exciting - 2 teams on form ............ ALL THE BEST FOR LIVERPOOL ;)

Regaine
29-04-2012, 09:56 PM
All I can say a BIG THANK YOU to LS for your 3 goals and finally 3 points in the bag.:)

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
29-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Thks for the post .... watched the 3 goals again & again ...

All 3 goals - half chances ...... Really almost look like Suarez 3 : Norwich 0 :D:p Hope his form continue for this coming weekend ...

Watching Chelsea now (4 : 0 up halftime)... they are in form as well ... Torres is on form as well .... FA Cup final is really gonna be exciting - 2 teams on form ............ ALL THE BEST FOR LIVERPOOL ;)

Ya..just as LS did a hattrick..FT just did it as well :eek:

hawksbay
29-04-2012, 11:03 PM
bring rafa back http://youtu.be/RgrEGE674G4

2centsworth
30-04-2012, 12:16 AM
We can rest players while Chelsea needs to face Newcastle on Wednesday night. Chelsea can't rest players as the result will greatly influence the fight for 4th spot. If there are red or yellow cards given for Chelsea's next match, will the cards result in a suspension for the FA cup final?

beck7777
30-04-2012, 01:34 AM
Ya..just as LS did a hattrick..FT just did it as well :eek:

Doesn't matter... FT can score 10times in a game but he will flop again against us.... :p

francined69
30-04-2012, 08:44 AM
like what the commentator said, "That is GENIUS!!!!!!!!" :D

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
01-05-2012, 03:49 AM
City scored in 1st H stoppage time...

Just updating nia :D

chochochang2
01-05-2012, 03:50 AM
City leads scum 1-0 @ the break thanks to Kompany's goal! :D

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
01-05-2012, 04:52 AM
What a fantastic display from city :D

chochochang2
01-05-2012, 04:58 AM
what a good victory for City over scums :D

looks like all the pre-match talk by SAF were rubbish afterall :rolleyes:

lugi
01-05-2012, 05:08 AM
The scums faces went BLUE.:D

Now the scums really might go w/o a trophy this season, at least we already won something..:p

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
01-05-2012, 05:18 AM
The scums faces went BLUE.:D

Now the scums really might go w/o a trophy this season, at least we already won something..:p

City gotta match manure result or win both tough ..only difficulty I see is away to Newcastle...

Huat ahh...

Gotta sleep now....:p

manega
01-05-2012, 11:42 AM
haha man u will not win anything

BikinisLover
01-05-2012, 01:27 PM
what a good victory for City over scums :D

looks like all the pre-match talk by SAF were rubbish afterall :rolleyes:

since when his talk are not rubbish? Just that some are more rubbish :D

chochochang2
01-05-2012, 04:13 PM
since when his talk are not rubbish? Just that some are more rubbish :D

you're right, HE is rubbish to begin with :D

Xgenre
01-05-2012, 04:21 PM
The title isn't won yet. There are 2 more matches. I think if Man City doesn't win the league, Mancini must relook the Tevez saga. Don't warm up only what, must he turn it into a 6 month absence? Punish by some fines and a few squad exclusions is more than ample punishment.

chochochang2
01-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Liverpool v Fulham tonight..

Dalglish wants players to fight for FA Cup spot

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/preview/_/id/318009?cc=4716

Jonjo out to prove Wembley worth

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/jonjo-out-to-prove-wembley-worth

Jonjo definitely deserve to play regularly..

rahl
01-05-2012, 05:10 PM
The old liar is losing it. Went after Mancini after a De Jong tackle. Guess he forgot about the Scholes tackles and the Cantona leaping tiger kick.

Heard Eva was crap which suits me just fine ;)

SH149
01-05-2012, 05:19 PM
The old liar is losing it. Went after Mancini after a De Jong tackle. Guess he forgot about the Scholes tackles and the Cantona leaping tiger kick.

He had a SMT - short term memory or selective memory

beck7777
01-05-2012, 05:50 PM
I love the peace and quiet in forums and facebook when Manure lose...
Somehow their fans dont say anything when results dont go their way... :D

Yet I have also seen some manure fans cant lose gracefully...

Anyway, tonight game vs Fulham, hopefully a win to give us good momentum into the FA Cup finals..

Perhaps to see AC score as well??? :D

BikinisLover
01-05-2012, 05:53 PM
I love the peace and quiet in forums and facebook when Manure lose...
Somehow their fans dont say anything when results dont go their way... :D

Yet I have also seen some manure fans cant lose gracefully...

Anyway, tonight game vs Fulham, hopefully a win to give us good momentum into the FA Cup finals..

Perhaps to see AC score as well??? :D

if can lose gracefully wont be manure fans in the first place

from yr nick i thot u manure fan - db7 supporter :)

lugi
01-05-2012, 05:54 PM
The title isn't won yet. There are 2 more matches.

You're right. And I think there is more drama to come.

The best scenario is this.

Next Game: The Citizens draw with Toons. Scums beat Swansea.
Last Game: The Citizens thrash QPR. Scums leading Sunderland by a goal into extra time and Evra score an own goal for the match to end in a draw.

The Citizens win the league having scored more goals. :D

Fuckerson retires to become a hairstylist, sorry, I mean does blow dry in the salon cos he did this well all his life.. and also becos he is all hot air..:p

beck7777
01-05-2012, 08:27 PM
You're right. And I think there is more drama to come.

The best scenario is this.

Next Game: The Citizens draw with Toons. Scums beat Swansea.
Last Game: The Citizens thrash QPR. Scums leading Sunderland by a goal into extra time and Evra score an own goal for the match to end in a draw.

The Citizens win the league having scored more goals. :D

Fuckerson retires to become a hairstylist, sorry, I mean does blow dry in the salon cos he did this well all his life.. and also becos he is all hot air..:p

Dramatic!

Luckily Sunderland is not under Steve Bruce anymore... Else he sure let manure trash him team to cover the goal difference... :D

Xgenre
01-05-2012, 10:49 PM
bring rafa back http://youtu.be/RgrEGE674G4

Thanks for your link. I googled for the ipad link and found this. http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/index.php?idioma=in. It's Rafa's official webpage and he writes updated articles which gives his views. If you look under the player testimony section, it's amazing what his former players reveal. I like Steven Gerrard's part a lot. Let me attach what Gerrard said. Do check back on this website to read the articles. I hope Rafa can come back one day. If he can't, then I hope we don't face his teams in Europe. He's really detailed in his planning.

What Gerrard said:

Comments:
In an interview in the latest edition of the official UEFA Champions League magazine, Gerrard insists the pair now have “the perfect relationship.”
He says: “Rafa is obsessed with football 24 hours a day, seven days a week. “You have to take your hat off to him. He’s one of the best managers there is. “Rafa is the type that when you finish a game as man of the match having scored three goals, he won’t even mention it. Instead, he’ll mention that you never used your left foot at a certain point! “But Rafa does it right. When I need a pat on the back I get it. “I have had lots of ‘well dones’ from him, but when I need a kick up the backside I get it too. “He can also make me laugh, but you don’t see that side of him — or me — from the outside. “We spend a lot of time together on the training ground, travelling to matches and he joins in. We’ve got a great team spirit here and my relationship with him is perfect at the moment.”

After Gerrard scored his 100th Liverpool goal in the 3-1 Champions League victory over PSV Eindhoven in October, Benitez described his captain as “the best midfielder in the world.”

Gerrard in his book: My Autobiography
Henry Winter

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has hailed Rafa Benitez as an "outstanding" manager, lauding the Spaniard's "clever" handling of Jose Mourinho's mind games and his "tactical masterstrokes" against Chelsea and Barcelona in Europe.

One of the performances of last season came at the Nou Camp on Feb 21, 2007, when Liverpool tore into the then European champions. "Rafa's game plan was to shock Barcelona," Gerrard writes in the paperback update of his autobiography out next week. "Barcelona felt Liverpool would be really negative. Rafa did the opposite."

Benitez's command to his players was simple: "Go for the jugular." The Liverpool manager ordered his team to attack Barcelona down the flanks, and use Bellamy's pace to embarrass the hosts' centre-backs, Carles Puyol and Rafael Marquez. Bellamy and Riise both scored in a famous victory.

Gerrard claims that the media fuss over Bellamy's spat with Riise "fuelled our motivation" to excel in the Nou Camp.
Barcelona were greeted with "another tactical masterstroke from Rafa" as Liverpool sat deep, stifling Ronaldinho and company. Eidur Gudjohnsen scored late on, but little was seen of Barcelona's vaunted attacking strength.

Liverpool's semi-final with Chelsea was preceded by a rare outburst from Benitez, attacking Mourinho's presumption that he was the 'Special One'. "Straight in. Bang. Take that, Jose. He went to town on Jose. By stating that Liverpool's fans were the real Special Ones, Rafa was being really clever."

The Kop was at its fervent best when Mourinho's men visited. "Chelsea walked into a wall of noise," Gerrard adds. "And a classic sting." Benitez had worked his players on a special free-kick routine, and when Gerrard cut a free-kick back to Daniel Agger, Chelsea were caught out.

"Rafa had really done his homework on Chelsea," Gerrard writes. "While watching tapes of them, we noticed that when defending set-pieces in wide areas, they backed off. If you piled a lot of bodies into the box, distracting John Terry, Ricardo Carvalho and Michael Essien, the pull-back was on. The manager drills us on dead-ball situations, day in, day out."

Agger's goal, and subsequent penalties, took Liverpool to the European Cup final against AC Milan. "Rafa came up with the right game-plan in Athens," recalls Gerrard, citing the manager's decision to swamp Milan's midfield with a 4-5-1 formation.

Xgenre
01-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Found this from the forum in Rafa's website.

Dear Mr. Rafael Benitez

I am your big fan from Singapore. I was so glad and excited to see you along the Singapore river when you were touring our country with your Liverpool team, and I was very proud to sing and cheer for you when your team played at our national stadium.

You are the GREATEST Liverpool manager over the last few decades, and we all know that you are the ONLY manager who can lead Liverpool to success. Fans who criticized you should be ashamed of themselves as they failed to see that we drew the most comments from Alex Ferguson when you were in charged (as he knew we are a massive threat to Man Utd) and we are able to challenge the biggest teams in the world (imagine Real Madrid, AC Milan, Barcelona vs QPR, Wigan, Newcastle) with your tactics and leadership.
I am really sad to hear that you may be joining Chelsea or any other team in the Premier League. But we need you so much right now. Will you please come back to Liverpool and lead us to glory again? Deep down in my heart, I have this feeling that you will be back on the hot seat and it is only a matter of time. When that day comes, I plan to fly across the globe to Anfield to see you in action again. Please come back to us where you belong.

I wish you good health and all the best for your family.

Best wishes,

Anthony (Singapore)

Response:
Thank you, Anthony. I remember the Liverpool fans in Singapore along the river - they were fantastic on the banks and bridges.

chochochang2
02-05-2012, 01:49 AM
Liverpool v Fulham team news

Official confirmation of LFC team: Doni, Kelly, Aurelio, Skrtel, Coates, Henderson, Shelvey, Spearing, Maxi, Kuyt, Carroll.

LFC subs: Sterling, Downing, Robinson, Enrique, Flanagan, Carragher, Jones.

Reina, Johnson, Gerrard, Suarez and Agger are not in the team at all, does this means that they are guaranteed a starting spot for the FA Cup Final?

Nice to see Aurelio in the team again. Sterling might also have a chance to impress from the bench.

doppelherz
02-05-2012, 02:27 AM
that line up worries me, but I guess the FA cup is the definite priority instead of finishing above the Bitters.

chochochang2
02-05-2012, 02:52 AM
Fulham leads 1-0 after only 5 minutes.

What's new, right? :rolleyes:

chochochang2
02-05-2012, 05:03 AM
yet another disappointing performance.

As expected Liverpool lost the game 1-0.

As usual, the whole team played like crap. No creativity from midfield, no sense of urgency in our play and no passion to win the game :mad:

What do you get out of Shelvey, Spearing and Henderson in midfield? :rolleyes:

They are not players such as VDV, Modric and Ben Arfa.

The whole team needs an overhaul.

Without Suarez, the team looks ordinary.

I can say that only Suarez is indispensable in the team now.

beck7777
02-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Very poor performance...

None came out the game with a credit...
And none surely deserved to be even closed to be mentioned for this weekend cup final... :mad:

Hurricane88
02-05-2012, 09:33 AM
the players just had Sat FA Cup Final in mind...Dalgish blasted the players for being poor...:)

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
02-05-2012, 10:44 AM
I really dunno what's with this squad under this mgr.

1 moment we are brilliant next moment down we go..
30 pts dropped at home with only 5 wins..
The 50s 60s70s 80s legendary players are now wondering why their fortress has become a land every opposition loved now ...:confused:

the players just had Sat FA Cup Final in mind...Dalgish blasted the players for being poor...:)

That's the most stupid excuse..
You have paid 80-100k pounds for not concentrating in a game but thinking of another game while beling selected..
Now I really dunno as a fan do I hope they win this cup.
It would justify their excuses is right if they win it but it would never justify they should purposely lose this game..what mentality is this..

see see only
02-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Bros .... we are liverpool supporters and we knew we have nothing to chase for in the league ... :o

We love to see ourselves winning every single match ... but like what most manager will do .... even in the world cup when they are confirmed with a place into the second round, they throw in a 2nd stream players .... to protect their first team players .... ;)

Without saying ... if those 2nd stream players knew that there is nothing much to fight for ... their mindset will be totally different also ... "Bo Chay"

Similar to our case last night .... even we ended up below top ten, we got nothing to lose except for some prize monies differences with the league positions

Though KD is not doing very well compare to his last time, and he do not have much clue to the new cutting edge tactics in this modern football nevertheless. I sincerely do not blame him to stand there looking at last night game, with his mind on the FA cup final ..... :)

Anyway let us CHEER for our Liverpool with our best vocal during the FA cup final :)

doppelherz
02-05-2012, 12:35 PM
What do you get out of Shelvey, Spearing and Henderson in midfield? :rolleyes:

they never kept possession and needed to hold on and pass the ball better, very wasteful as well.

I am all for Shelvey getting chances but he is sadly proving to be a Championship player.

Henderson's head wasnt even in the game. Only Carroll, Kuyt and Downing seemed to be fighting for a FA Cup place.

This game just made me hate Woy Hodgson more, only an idiot like him can pay 5 million and give Alex Kacaniklic for Konchesky.

Kacaniklic was better than 8 players in our starting line up last night, despite being subbed early.

Alkano
02-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Bring back Rafa....:D

rahl
02-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Come on la, do you honestly think the guys have the league in their mind now (if not a month ago)? If a relegation team plays us, we might be accused of kelong!

whatever it is, kenny did the right thing by blasting the team - best thing to do to motivate the players for the final.

lugi
02-05-2012, 10:37 PM
I can't believe it is my beloved Pool playing...

Its like 14 losses in the league? Are we talking about Liverpool?

I know I'm crazy, but if a defeat during the FA Cup final can cause heads to roll so that my beloved team can rise again, I'm all for it.

Sad to say, an FA Cup triumph does not paper over the absolutely pathetic league season and some of the clueless performances we had...

Pool teams under Shanks, Paisley and even Rafa will never play like this... if the players do not go out to play for the shirt, who is to blame?

doppelherz
02-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Come on la, do you honestly think the guys have the league in their mind now (if not a month ago)?

The Liverpool I am used to supporting for more than half my life gave 100% for every game, and nowadays we have bigger squads so yes I was expecting some fight.

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
02-05-2012, 10:52 PM
The Liverpool I am used to supporting for more than half my life gave 100% for every game, and nowadays we have bigger squads so yes I was expecting some fight.

Plus the wages, sponsorship, fan-base and all and all...wat rubbish is it that they are looking forward to the nxt game and be slack at this.

Even the great madrid played the full first 11 before they meet barca and beat them..because they wear the great Madrid shirt and responsible to their fans.

So we do have fans who can accept sub-standard performance on some so-called useless matches to win a cup which is going to prolong some sub standard players and managers tenure :eek:

lugi
02-05-2012, 11:16 PM
So we do have fans who can accept sub-standard performance on some so-called useless matches to win a cup which is going to prolong some sub standard players and managers tenure :eek:

100% agree...No rational fan with any sense of pride in his team will accept this...:mad:

joew2005
03-05-2012, 03:17 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1060892/liverpool-manager-kenny-dalglish-talks-up-value-of-cups?cc=4716

Dalglish talks up cups
May 2, 2012

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish believes an "obsession" with the Premier League is reducing the value of winning cup competitions.

The Reds head in2 Saturday's FA Cup final against Chelsea looking 4 their 2nd piece of silverware tis season having already lifted the Carling Cup.

However, Liverpool's league form has been wildly inconsistent in the current campaign & a home defeat 2 Fulham on Tuesday night means they hv now dropped 30 points @ Anfield.

Their 8th-place position is well below the standard required by principal owner John Henry, who @ the start of the season felt Dalglish's side shld hv been challenging 4 a top-4 place.

However, although the Reds boss accepts their league form has not been good enough, he does not believe it shld devalue their progress in knockout competitions, having ended a 6-year wait 4 silverware.

"Any competition u enter u 1 2 do the best u possibly can in," Dalglish said. "In the league it is 38 games & @ the end u finish in a position which tells u how successful it has been. In cup competitions there r obviously not as many games & if u get beaten u r out.

"There is an obsession with the Premier League simply becos of wat it holds 4 every club & the value financially 4 every club, the rewards u get 4 finishing in the top 4 & getting in the Champions League. But there is a satisfaction fr winning a cup competition which u don't get fr finishing 5th or 6th in the league.

"We hv already tasted a cup final tis year, albeit the Carling Cup, & getting 2 the FA Cup final shld never be underestimated in any way. It is a fantastic day out 4 every1 & is great reward 4 the efforts & commitment of the players & the respect we hv paid 2 the competition. We think we deserve 2 be there & we r happy 2 be there.

"We will see wat happens. We r in the cup final & there is no guarantee we will win but there is a guarantee we will give everything we hv got 2 try 2 win. The season will be assessed when it's finished."

Captain Steven Gerrard has spoken a number of times in the past of having 2 address their league form & he & veteran defender Jamie Carragher both reiterated tat stance.

However, both insisted winning 2 trophies in a season - the only 2 competitions they realistically had a chance of success in as they were well off the Premier League pace even b4 the campaign kicked off - shld be regarded as an achievement.

"It is a successful season. Tis club is all abt winning big trophies & the FA Cup certainly comes under tat," Gerrard said. "We will assess the season aft the weekend. If we can look back & say we hv won 2 cups we will be happy, but of course we still hv 2 address the problem of our league position."

Gerrard added: "Some of the biggest experiences myself & Jamie hv had over the years hv been winning cups. They r nights when u r successful u look back on with fond memories.

"The FA Cup is special altogether but we got a taste of success winning the Carling Cup & tat will help some of the younger players in the squad & every1 really becos winning breeds confidence."

Carragher insisted putting silverware back in the cabinet @ Anfield was important 4 the club's standing & 4 the players' confidence.

"We had gone 5 or 6 years b4 tis season without a trophy & in tat time we hv had some great nights - European Champions League nights - but @ the end of your career u 1 trophies 2 look back on as well," the 34-year-old said. "We hv 1 tis season & if we get 2, having been in 3 competitions, tat will be a great season."

While not dismissing the Carling Cup, Carragher said the FA Cup was another step up in prestige.

"Playing 4 Liverpool in a cup final is special but we realise playing in an FA Cup final is a bigger stage than the Carling Cup final," he added. "It is fantastic 4 the club, supporters, manager & players. It is something 2 look forward 2."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1060781/liverpool-among-suitors-of-twente-striker-luuk-de-jong---agent?cc=4716

Reds among De Jong suitors - agent
May 2, 2012

Liverpool r 1 of a host of clubs interested in signing prolific FC Twente striker Luuk De Jong, according 2 the player's agent.

De Jong, 21, has dazzled 4 Twente tis season, netting 23 goals in 23 Eredivisie games 4 Steve McClaren's side.

But with Twente struggling 2 qualify 4 next season's Champions League, De Jong is tipped 2 end his 3-year association with the club in search of a new challenge abroad.

The Netherlands international has previously stated a desire 2 play in the Premier League & his agent Luis Laros has now named Liverpool as 1 of the clubs interested in him, but also stressed tat he has no shortage of admirers.

"Liverpool r following Luuk closely. But so r 15 other clubs," Laros told Voetbal International. "3 big clubs tat hv qualified 4 the Champions League preliminaries hv told us tat they r ready 2 open talks with Twente.

"We will keep our eyes & ears open in the next few weeks. Luuk is feeling very well @ Twente, but if the club fails 2 qualify 4 Europe, staying put is a less attractive option."

Everton & Newcastle hv all been mooted as potential destinations 4 De Jong in the past, while Borussia Monchengladbach hv recently emerged as candidates 4 his signature.

rahl
03-05-2012, 09:28 AM

It was a poor performance by the team we put out, there is nothing more to play for, we have been struggling at Anfield, so the result's hardly a surprise?

I'd be a lot more concerned if this happened against Chelsea (fingers crossed we will play well in a final for once, against a big team).

too_hot
03-05-2012, 10:23 AM
However you slice and dice it, it was a total and utter disgrace.

hawksbay
03-05-2012, 10:26 AM
It was a poor performance by the team we put out, there is nothing more to play for, we have been struggling at Anfield, so the result's hardly a surprise?

I'd be a lot more concerned if this happened against Chelsea (fingers crossed we will play well in a final for once, against a big team).

just 2 words RAFA BENITEZ:D

Xgenre
03-05-2012, 10:42 AM
just 2 words RAFA BENITEZ

Your 2 words mean nothing. My 4 words mean more. RAFA, PLEASE COME BACK! ;)

With 13 wins, 10 draws and 13 losses, we shouldn't be looking at players if Kenny's position is in doubt. The worst thing we can do is to buy players that the new manager doesn't want. At 13 losses so far, we have more losses in this uncompleted season than some entire seasons combined!

doppelherz
03-05-2012, 12:32 PM

This is where I hope Kenny drops players like Henderson and Spearing who are very kan cheong on big games and just seem out of it. But with our central midfield crisis, one of them has to start.

My main dilemma is up front, Gerrard played very well just behind Suarez at Norwich,reminded me of Gerrard-Torres, but Carroll always causes Chelsea problems with his "ugly" style of play. So does Kenny go 4-4-2 or 4-5-1?

joew2005
03-05-2012, 09:47 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/1061089/richard-jolly:-judgement-day-for-liverpool?cc=4716

Judgement day for Liverpool
May 2, 2012

Tis is not just abt a victory on the day. Tis is abt a verdict on the entire year. 4 Liverpool, the FA Cup final against Chelsea determines hw their campaign will be remembered, whether the 1st question in their summer analysis is 'wat went right?' or 'wat went wrong?' It determines if the mood is 1 of celebration or of recrimination. Saturday is judgment day.

"People will judge us," Steven Gerrard said, presenting both sides of the argument. Victory gives him the final word in any discussion. "Ppl will say 'yeah, but u haven't done well in the league' & we will say, 'yeah, but we hv won 2 cups'." The Carling Cup was secured in February & Jamie Carragher insisted: "At the end of your career u 1 trophies 2 look back on. We've got 1 & if we win 2, I think it's a great season."

There is a consistency 2 Carragher's case; his fav season was the treble year of 2000-01, rather than 2004-05, which produced their improbable, incredible Champions League triumph, or 2008-09, when 86 points & some superlative football were not enough 2 make them champions.

Not 4 the 1st time, captain & vice-captain were singing fr the same hymn sheet. "Some of the biggest experiences myself & Jamie hv had over the years hv been winning cups: the European Cup, the FA Cup, the Carling Cup," Gerrard added. "Those r the days tat u look back on with fond memories."

He was sat in Anfield's Trophy Room, surrounded by gleaming reminders of his & Carragher's past deeds; of achievements in Kenny Dalglish's playing & managerial career; of major honours dating back 2 the 1901 1st Division title. It is an enviable accumulation of silverware &, @ a club where pre-eminence is prioritised, Dalglish said: "There is a satisfaction fr winning a trophy u don't get fr finishing in the top 4."

The top 4 will elude them, but Liverpool's top form has come in the knockout competitions. They r unbeaten in 12 games in cup competitions, including 2 apiece against ManC & Stoke City, & 1 each with Chelsea, Everton & ManU. Neither path 2 Wembley has been simple; both hv been navigated confidently. "Getting 2 the FA Cup final shld never be underestimated in any way," Dalglish added. "It is a great reward. We think we deserve 2 be there."

When Liverpool last won the FA Cup (2006's penalty shootout triumph over West Ham) it was the Gerrard final. These r the stages on which the Istanbul immortal tends 2 excel. The Liverpudlian is alone in scoring in the finals of the Champions League, UEFA Cup, FA Cup & Carling Cup, helping his hometown club win each. An illustrious place in history is guaranteed, but with 1 unwelcome distinction: he is the finest English footballer of the Premier League era never 2 win the title.

If the table is the ultimate arbiter, he has rarely been further away. Only in 2005, when Chelsea were champions & Champions League winners Liverpool finished 37 points behind them, has there been a bigger gulf than the 34 points separating the Merseysiders fr Manchester's twin representatives @ the division's summit.

"If we can look back & say we won 2 cups we will be happy but we still need 2 address the problem of our league position," Gerrard accepted. "We r all aware tat we hv underachieved in the league. The squad of players we hv got is better than where we r."

It was a typically honest remark. Rarely 1 2 sugar-coat failure or 2 needlessly hype colleagues, the 31-year-old midfielder believes Liverpool's pool of players is comparable with Chelsea's Champions League finalists.

"I don't think there's much betw the teams," he insisted. "I think u hv got 2 good sides. It's a 50-50 game. It will boil down 2 the small details on the day." Details, whether big or small, seem 2 be a speciality of Roberto Di Matteo in the Italian's brief reign @ Stamford Bridge. "At the moment he seems 2 get everything right," added Carragher.

Jose Mourinho's Chelsea ambition floundered on the Scouse rock in the Liverpool defence. Finals may be the occasions he treasures but Carragher arguably peaked @ the penultimate stage. In both 2005 & 2007, he was Liverpool's sweat-soaked saviour, his indomitability denying the Blues a place in the Champions League final.

As a connoisseur of the rearguard action, therefore, he looked on with admiration as Di Matteo's men held out against the odds in the Camp Nou. "We watched the performance in Barcelona & u can only take your hat off 2 them," he said. "It's something they will always remember."

Memories r made by such heroics. But, he argued, success is measured in silverware. Teams r analysed on the basis of wat they win, not wat they almost achieved. And so, 4 Liverpool, judgment day beckons.

joew2005
03-05-2012, 09:54 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1062302/liverpool-chairman-tom-werner-hints-at-clint-dempsey-interest?cc=4716

Reds planning to spend
May 3, 2012

Liverpool chairman Tom Werner says the club is working hard 2 identify transfer targets & expressed his admiration 4 Fulham forward Clint Dempsey.

Liverpool invested heavily in the squad last summer but, while they hv already won the Carling Cup & could add the FA Cup tis weekend, they hv fallen some distance short of their target of returning 2 the Champions League.

Further spending is expected tis summer 2 bolster their top-4 chances 4 next season, with Werner confident the club is taking strides 4ward.

"Tis season did not go as we had hoped in the Premier League, but we also hv visited Wembley 3 times, & we hv won the League Cup," Werner told Goal.com. "We r confident tat we will be making further progress in the future, & we r hard @ work identifying transfer targets 2 help us continue 2 improve the squad."

Asked abt reported interest in USA international Dempsey, Werner replied: "We never talk publicly abt our transfer targets. However, any team would be lucky 2 hv Clint Dempsey playing on their squad."

Director of football Damien Comolli has already paid the price 4 the team's struggles tis season, but Werner underlined that Kenny Dalglish's job is not under threat.

"We hv great confidence in Kenny," he said. "He enjoys our full support."

chochochang2
03-05-2012, 10:29 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1062302/liverpool-chairman-tom-werner-hints-at-clint-dempsey-interest?cc=4716

Reds planning to spend

hopefully they spend wisely :) :rolleyes:

Regaine
03-05-2012, 10:38 PM
hopefully they spend wisely :) :rolleyes:

First they should sell those overprice English players who are not performing.
You will have more cash to buy better players than them .

I am also in support of this man

RAFA BENITEZ

Do please bring him back to Anfield.

bochapsing
04-05-2012, 01:42 AM
I am also in support of this man

RAFA BENITEZ

Do please bring him back to Anfield.

he has to be our #1 target of this summer....!!!

rahl
04-05-2012, 02:06 AM
just 2 words RAFA BENITEZ:D

always same noise from you after all this time hehehe.

This is where I hope Kenny drops players like Henderson and Spearing who are very kan cheong on big games and just seem out of it. But with our central midfield crisis, one of them has to start.

My main dilemma is up front, Gerrard played very well just behind Suarez at Norwich,reminded me of Gerrard-Torres, but Carroll always causes Chelsea problems with his "ugly" style of play. So does Kenny go 4-4-2 or 4-5-1?

I'd go with Stevie-Suarez but they seldom get the chance together up front. Unlikely for Kenny to go with Carroll as Chelsea has a strong midfield (on paper) and we probably would want to counter that.

hawksbay
04-05-2012, 05:51 AM
[QUOTE=rahl;7175399]always same noise from you after all this time hehehe.

lol i m not the only one, arsenal got poldoski chelsea got marin, r we really looking at players chelsea got marin for only 8 or 11 mil,we pay high for pathetic english players,get rafa back and let him finish the job.

rahl
04-05-2012, 08:10 AM
lol i m not the only one, arsenal got poldoski chelsea got marin, r we really looking at players chelsea got marin for only 8 or 11 mil,we pay high for pathetic english players,get rafa back and let him finish the job.

on the subject of overpaying English: Scott Dann and Walcott ;)

With Comolli gone, we might be doing business differently. Hopefully.

beck7777
04-05-2012, 08:27 AM
in rafa we trust!

LinxiSteven
04-05-2012, 11:02 AM
I am very disappointed with Liverpool's performance this season. Guess I should stop driving my red car with those decals...

Hurricane88
04-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Liverpool will do better next season...after years in the rut...this is my prediction...:)

I predicted a non red team to win this years BPL and Champions League from the start of the season...:)

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
04-05-2012, 11:22 AM
I am very disappointed with Liverpool's performance this season. Guess I should stop driving my red car with those decals...

I'm disappointed as well but I'm not a glory hunter - who wins, who successful, who rich, who famous and I change team to support..

That's why I said before nowadays you suddenly see alot of city fans, chelski fans or psg fans suddenly appeared from no where :rolleyes:

I still love my crown paints to candy to carlsberg jersey :D

SH149
04-05-2012, 11:29 AM
I'm disappointed as well but I'm not a glory hunter - who wins, who successful, who rich, who famous and I change team to support..

That's why I said before nowadays you suddenly see alot of city fans, chelski fans or psg fans suddenly appeared from no where :rolleyes:

I still love my crown paints to candy to carlsberg jersey :D

Well there is always such a ppl around

The saying goes like this 那里凉,那里坐 :D

Hurricane88
04-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Well there is always such a ppl around

The saying goes like this 那里凉,那里坐 :D

I had supported the Reds since 1970s...so those were the glorious days...now still a supporter...we need to just grind it out...every team fail becuz lack of team effort and key players..."

Liverpool fantastic run - key playes - Keegan, Souness, Dalgish, Rush, Hansen, Whelan, Barnes, Fowler, Beardsley...:)

Man U fanstatic run - key players - Cantona, Cole, Solskjaer, Yorke, Giggs, Scholes, Keane, Bruce, Rooney, Ronaldo, Beckham....:)

bochapsing
04-05-2012, 12:01 PM
[QUOTE=hawksbay;7175592][QUOTE=rahl;7175399]lol i m not the only one, arsenal got poldoski chelsea got marin, r we really looking at players chelsea got marin for only 8 or 11 milQUOTE]

i never really rated marin very highly (and hope i was right :p)...
and poldoski is something like kyut, a striker being converted to a left midfielder / forward, but i think he has a awesome left foot and can really hit the target with power...

still hope that we can get someone better than these two... :D:D

Hurricane88
04-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Man U won 10 FA Cups...success in domestic cups are the key ingredients for winning the premier league and champions league...:)

beck7777
04-05-2012, 12:12 PM
[QUOTE=hawksbay;7175592][QUOTE=rahl;7175399]lol i m not the only one, arsenal got poldoski chelsea got marin, r we really looking at players chelsea got marin for only 8 or 11 milQUOTE]

i never really rated marin very highly (and hope i was right :p)...
and poldoski is something like kyut, a striker being converted to a left midfielder / forward, but i think he has a awesome left foot and can really hit the target with power...

still hope that we can get someone better than these two... :D:D

If I'm not wrong, Marin was kinda like one season wonder...

He actually was out most of this season injured.. Else Chelski wont get him cheap... Always a reason if you get a so-call "good" players cheap...

doppelherz
04-05-2012, 01:02 PM
[QUOTE=bochapsing;7176541][QUOTE=hawksbay;7175592]

If I'm not wrong, Marin was kinda like one season wonder...

He actually was out most of this season injured.. Else Chelski wont get him cheap... Always a reason if you get a so-call "good" players cheap...

yup agree!
But I think for that pricetag, he is worth the gamble especially if Di Matteo stays cos he seems to get the best out of players.
I expect Marin to be their next Kalou, always in and out of the team.

I would pick Sunderland's James McClean over Marin anyday though

I had supported the Reds since 1970s...so those were the glorious days...now still a supporter...we need to just grind it out...every team fail becuz lack of team effort and key players..."

Liverpool fantastic run - key playes - Keegan, Souness, Dalgish, Rush, Hansen, Whelan, Barnes, Fowler, Beardsley...:)

I would add Grobbelaar to that list as well, his football career might have ended badly with no form at Liverpool and later match fixing scandals, but he was a one of a kind keeper during the 80s.

Ray Clemence was solid too with Neal and Kennedy, best fullbacks!

SH149
04-05-2012, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=beck7777;7176598][QUOTE=bochapsing;7176541]

yup agree!
But I think for that pricetag, he is worth the gamble especially if Di Matteo stays cos he seems to get the best out of players.
I expect Marin to be their next Kalou, always in and out of the team.

I would pick Sunderland's James McClean over Marin anyday though

I would add Grobbelaar to that list as well, his football career might have ended badly with no form at Liverpool and later match fixing scandals, but he was a one of a kind keeper during the 80s.

Ray Clemence was solid too with Neal and Kennedy, best fullbacks!

I like Steve Mcmanaman as well

bochapsing
04-05-2012, 01:42 PM
[QUOTE=doppelherz;7176813][QUOTE=beck7777;7176598]

my fav player..... along with GOD... :D:D:D

doppelherz
04-05-2012, 01:43 PM
[QUOTE=doppelherz;7176813][QUOTE=beck7777;7176598]

He was our last good winger, fact!
shame the likes of him, Fowler never won the Premier League, they definitely deserved it!

I have always had a soft spot for defenders and one of my fave Liverpool player in history is Rob Jones, another who might not get as much credit cos he was never in a title winning side.

beck7777
04-05-2012, 05:00 PM
[QUOTE=SH149;7176887][QUOTE=doppelherz;7176813]

shame the likes of him, Fowler never won the Premier League, they definitely deserved it!

I have always had a soft spot for defenders and one of my fave Liverpool player in history is Rob Jones, another who might not get as much credit cos he was never in a title winning side.

Rob Jones was solid... Too bad he got too much injuries during his time here...
Another victim of injuries is Jamie Redknapp... His passing was one of the best!

Talk about MaManaman always link me to think of STIG INGE BJORNEBYE..
They terrorized opponent's right flank when on song...

SH149
04-05-2012, 05:20 PM

my fav player..... along with GOD... :D:D:D

How about if the pair back to Anfield n impart their skills to our players ( both senior n youth team ) since our current squad can't dribble n score :rolleyes:

2centsworth
04-05-2012, 05:51 PM
How about if the pair back to Anfield n impart their skills to our players ( both senior n youth team ) since our current squad can't dribble n score :rolleyes:

Aren't our strikers now coached by Ian Rush? Doesn't seem to help.

SH149
04-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Aren't our strikers now coached by Ian Rush? Doesn't seem to help.

But I like fowler instinct when he at his prime

francined69
04-05-2012, 06:33 PM
latest from espn,

chelsea are training without david luiz and gary cahill, so they may be doubtful for tomorrow's game.

doppelherz
04-05-2012, 06:41 PM
latest from espn,

chelsea are training without david luiz and gary cahill, so they may be doubtful for tomorrow's game.

what a shame, would have loved both to start, especially Luiz! One of the few players who can make Charlie Adam look like a good player :D

SH149
04-05-2012, 08:07 PM
McManaman critical of Reds' rotation

Former Liverpool midfielder Steve McManaman has accused the current side of letting down the fans after the 1-0 defeat to Fulham at Anfield on Tuesday.

The Cottagers traditionally fare poorly on Merseyside, but picked up a first win in the area in 49 attempts thanks to Martin Skrtel's fifth minute own goal.

Kenny Dalglish picked an under-strength side with Saturday's FA Cup final perhaps playing on his mind, but McManaman feels that is no excuse for the sorry display that the fans were forced to witness.

"Why not win tonight and on Saturday? Why do we think we can just forgive tonight and win on Saturday," McManaman said. "It's only rotation if you have the quality.

"But you have to do yourself justice in front of the fans, who pay very good money while the economy [continues to decline]. You have to give them something and they've given them nothing - and that's what disappoints me.

"If you are going to go down, go down with the fans thinking, 'At least they had a go'. But there was none of that. Fulham were deserved winners."

Liverpool's cup final opponents, Chelsea, face Newcastle in a potential Champions League qualification decider on Wednesday - and McManaman believes conditions were set up nicely for the Reds to pick up a confidence-boosting three points ahead of the trip to Wembley.

"I thought they were terrible. I am slightly more critical of Liverpool because of what that club means to me," he said. "I'll apologise if I am a bit more critical of Liverpool but they really did not offer a lot.

"I thought after the victory over Norwich that they would come here and steamroll Fulham, because Fulham are not good away from home. The fact that Liverpool lost to West Brom last time out here, I thought they needed to give the fans something.

"Remember, Chelsea are playing tomorrow - so why haven't Liverpool got a stronger side out to do the business? This is a far easier game than Chelsea's, who play Newcastle."

chochochang2
04-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Luiz and Cahill set to miss final

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1062893/chelsea%27s-david-luiz-and-gary-cahill-set-to-miss-fa-cup-final?cc=4716

Preview: Chelsea v Liverpool

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/preview/_/id/340950?cc=4716

francined69
04-05-2012, 08:33 PM
loosing to Fulham is hard to swallow, especially on home ground (Anfield fortress is not well defended this season). well i can understand where Kenny is coming from during his team selection against Fulham. preserving his 1st team players and preventing any yellow/red cards or injury which may rule out the key players for Saturday's final.

not doing well in the league is a let down for all the fans but i'm pretty sure all fans would want to see Liverpool lift the FA Cup on Saturday.

chochochang2
04-05-2012, 08:45 PM
It is obvious that we have been disappointing in the league this season. Anything less than 4th in the league is definitely unacceptable.

However, I have to agree with what Jamie Carragher said.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/jc-double-would-be-unbelievable

"If we win the FA Cup against Chelsea, it's a great season for us," Carragher told Liverpoolfc.tv. "We've only been in three competitions, so if we win two, then that's unbelievable. That's a fantastic season.

Yes, we all want Liverpool to do well in the league. But to be able to potentially win 2 domestic cups (with 1 already won) in a season would be unbelievable as well.

Hopefully, next season will be better league wise :)

joew2005
04-05-2012, 09:17 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1062827/downing:-liverpool-building-a-great-team?cc=4716

Downing defends Reds' new boys
May 4, 2012

Stewart Downing insists Liverpool's new recruits shld not be made scapegoats 4 the Reds' disappointing league form.

Liverpool take on Chelsea in Saturday's FA Cup final as they look 2 claim their 2nd trophy of the season.

But with Kenny Dalglish's side 8th in the Premier League, the likes of Downing, striker Andy Carroll, Charlie Adam & Jordan Henderson hv come in 4 criticism.

But Downing believes the team will start 2 gel & perform consistently as a team next season.

"Others might take it hard, but it doesn't bother me," Downing said. "It's easy 2 look @ the table & think just becos it's not gone well in the league tat it's the new players' fault.

"But tat happens @ every club. There r more than 4 or 5 players in a squad & we hv all not done it, not just the new 1s. It's as a team. Sometimes the new 1s haven't played & we hv lost games. It's a building process, it takes time, it's not overnight.

"There r 7 or 8 new players in the team & that's quite alot. You're expected 2 come in & set the world alight but sometimes it doesn't happen. But there r positives. We r building a good team. 2 win the Carling Cup in the 1st season & potentially the FA Cup as well would be a great start."

Downing admits tat Saturday's trip 2 Wembley has added meaning 4 him aft the former Middlesbrough star revealed he has never forgiven Roberto Di Matteo 4 his goal 4 Chelsea against Boro in the 1997 FA Cup final.

"We all still remember Di Matteo's goal so early, going in off the bar - I've hated him ever since!" Downing said.

"It was my 1st ever visit 2 Wembley. Boro were massive underdogs & I was a schoolboy @ Boro @ the time & we'd got tickets off the club, who took us & our families down on the coach. It was a good day out but with bad memories of the final. Wat did I call him @ the time? Nothing I could really repeat."

hawksbay
04-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Liverpool will do better next season...after years in the rut...this is my prediction...:)

I predicted a non red team to win this years BPL and Champions League from the start of the season...:)

lol bro u forgot bayern wear red :D

joew2005
04-05-2012, 10:04 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1062893/chelsea's-david-luiz-and-gary-cahill-set-to-miss-fa-cup-final?cc=4716

Luiz and Cahill set 2 miss final
May 4, 2012

Chelsea defenders David Luiz & Gary Cahill were absent fr the club's training session on Friday, casting doubts over their availability 4 Saturday's FA Cup final against Liverpool.

Luiz & Cahill hv both been struggling with hamstring injuries, but Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo had been hopeful they could recover in time 4 the showpiece @ Wembley.

It appears, however, the pair hv lost their battle 2 make the final, meaning they will likely now focus on being available 4 selection when the Blues take on Bayern Munich in the Champions League final on May 19.

John Terry, who is suspended 4 the game @ the Allianz Arena, is set 2 be partnered with Branislav Ivanovic in the heart of defence 4 Chelsea's clash against Liverpool.

A rivalry resumed

Back in the days of Jose Mourinho & Rafael Benitez, Chelsea versus Liverpool was as keenly-fought an engagement as any in English football. The 2 went head-2-head so often tat they became as sick of the sight of each other as the rest of the nation was of watching a series of attritional battles tat were won by a single goal @ best. A pair of 0-0 draws in the group stages of the 2005-06 Champions League was the nadir.

Those were halcyon days 4 both clubs. They were among Europe's best with 2 of the best coaches in the game. The last time the pair met in a major final was the Carling Cup final of 2005, where Mourinho won his 1st trophy @ Chelsea on a day where Steven Gerrard, heavily rumoured 2 be joining the Blues tat summer, scored an own-goal he later described as "1 of the lowest days I've had as a footballer".

At 31, Gerrard is now the veteran 1-club man whose experience of the big occasion is expected 2 carry his team-mates thru. His opposite number is John Terry, the same age & similarly loyal 2 the club where he made his bones. Both lead clubs whose 2011-12 has been soap operatic but now has a chance 2 end in glory.

Should Gerrard lift a 2nd cup 4 Kenny Dalglish, 2 follow February's skin-of-teeth triumph over Cardiff City in the Carling Cup, then tis can be remembered as a season of marked success 4 Liverpool. Despite pitiful home league form @ Anfield, the abandonment of hopes of returning 2 the Champions League & the Luis Suarez affair, there will be no asterisk next 2 the club's name in the record books' roll of honour.

With Chelsea's push 2 qualify 4 next season's Champions League via the Premier League all but denied by Papiss Cisse's rocket-guided shooting in midweek, tis is likely 2 be Terry's last chance 2 make a meaningful contribution tis season. Thanks 2 his own recklessness, he must sit out the continental showpiece in Munich in a fortnight.

Terry & co, & especially Didier Drogba, r old stagers @ Wembley while Liverpool r making only their 3rd visit 2 the 5-year-old stadium. Having been favourites in both their previous visits, including the Merseyside derby semi-final with Everton, Liverpool r slight underdogs tis time. Tat perhaps plays into the hands of Dalglish since his team hv noticeably performed better against bigger teams than supposed lesser lights. Tuesday's no-show against Fulham saw precisely nobody of his 2nd string play their way in2 contention 4 a final spot, & confirmed the squad's struggles against supposedly inferior opposition.

4 Chelsea, the reign of Andre Villas-Boas, barely 2 months ago, seems a world away. Roberto Di Matteo has brought unity, & some tactical nuances tat would probably appal "AVB" but hv been markedly more successful than the man he 1s assisted. In delivering Chelsea 2 Munich, & Wembley 1s more, he has given himself a more than fighting chance of being the next Chelsea boss.

Both he & Dalglish hv the chance 2 put previous ills behind them via the ever-reliable panacea of silverware.

Chelsea player 2 watch: Didier Drogba:
Chelsea's Wembley wizard confirmed his love of tis stage with a tremendous opening goal in the semi-final against Tottenham Hotspur. Liverpool hv been a particular speciality in the past 2, & Jamie Carragher specifically has often been on the wrong end of Drogba @ his unplayable best. Despite Fernando Torres' recent rush of form, Liverpool fans will hv 2 wait 2 boo him, since the 2 do not work as a pair & Drogba is almost always the man 4 the big occasion.

Liverpool player 2 watch: Luis Suarez:
4 those invested in the brave new world of social media, then the most-discussed player of the 2011-12 season has been Suarez & all will know the reasons why. Tat debate will probably continue 2 pointlessly bubble on 4 years 2 come but the Uruguayan can be remembered 4 far more positive reasons shld he put in a match-winning performance here. It was his instinct & coolness tat turned the semi-final with Everton when he seized on Sylvain Distin's error 2 pull his team level. More of the same will be required @ Wembley.

Key battle - Roberto Di Matteo v Kenny Dalglish:
The cynic may suggest tat both are battling 2 be in their current job next season. Di Matteo's remit would seem 2 be winning the Champions League or bust, though the small matter of an FA Cup may help his cause. In the light of Pep Guardiola & Jose Mourinho looking unavailable it may just be enough 2 get him the gig. Dalglish meanwhile, is still the untouchable legend among the majority of fans so any departure would still seem 2 be in his own hands. It would take a brave Fenway Sports Group 2 axe him if he wins tis trophy. In terms of on-field matters, Di Matteo seems 2 employ horses 4 courses, with the renaissance of Salomon Kalou being a notable result of tis, while Dalglish's pride would seem 2 dictate tat he will field as many of his big-name signings as possible. So, expect Stewart Downing, Jordan Henderson & Andy Carroll 2 play their part.

Trivia:
On all 3 occasions Liverpool had beaten Everton in an FA Cup semi-final b4 tis season, the Reds went on 2 lose the final.

Stats:
Excluding the Community Shield, Didier Drogba has scored in all 7 of his matches @ Wembley. Suarez has scored in all 3 of his FA Cup appearances 4 the Reds.

Odds:
Chelsea r fav @ bet365 @ odds of 2.40, with Liverpool @ 3.00. Fancy extra time? Then 3.25 is yr price.

Prediction:
Tis is a match tat will be won the Liverpool way - on penalties, as they hv won their last 3 major trophies. Tis time, however, Chelsea will be the victors. Will John Terry take 1?

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
05-05-2012, 12:58 AM
McManaman critical of Reds' rotation

Words of wisdom from the guy himself...

Such that fans look at the short term than the long one...

Where is the pride anymore from the reds fans :(

semreh
05-05-2012, 01:35 AM
Luis n Cahill not playing tomorrow's match, Terry n Ivanovic will be Chelsea CBs.
Hope the Reds can capitalize on this weakness n score more goals than Chelsea.
Torres n Drogba will definitely breach the Reds defense, just hope we score more than them. :)

owen10
05-05-2012, 01:46 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1062893/chelsea's-david-luiz-and-gary-cahill-set-to-miss-fa-cup-final?cc=4716

Luiz and Cahill set 2 miss final
May 4, 2012

Chelsea defenders David Luiz & Gary Cahill were absent fr the club's training session on Friday, casting doubts over their availability 4 Saturday's FA Cup final against Liverpool.

Luiz & Cahill hv both been struggling with hamstring injuries, but Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo had been hopeful they could recover in time 4 the showpiece @ Wembley.

It appears, however, the pair hv lost their battle 2 make the final, meaning they will likely now focus on being available 4 selection when the Blues take on Bayern Munich in the Champions League final on May 19.

John Terry, who is suspended 4 the game @ the Allianz Arena, is set 2 be partnered with Branislav Ivanovic in the heart of defence 4 Chelsea's clash against Liverpool.

I would rather trade the absence of Drogba & Torres with the above! :D

Xgenre
05-05-2012, 09:41 AM
The FA cup final is tonight right? Just to confirm. And we will be meeting Chelsea again in a league match on Tuesday?

HonkyTonkyMan
05-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Its a late match for us after midnight. Why couldn't they just stick to the old timing of 10pm our time and didn't the FA Cup used to held at the end of the season, sort of bringing down the curtains for the season itself?

doppelherz
05-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Its a late match for us after midnight. Why couldn't they just stick to the old timing of 10pm our time and didn't the FA Cup used to held at the end of the season, sort of bringing down the curtains for the season itself?

think it has to do with Euro 2012 to allow players more rest.

Regaine
05-05-2012, 11:23 AM
The FA cup final is tonight right? Just to confirm. And we will be meeting Chelsea again in a league match on Tuesday?

Yes it is for tonight . standing by with beer and potato chips and one mei mei tonite.

As a supportter I would love to see Liverpool win the FA Cup But as a punter I would buy Chelsea to win.

I know there are a lot of Liverpool fans here in sbf. But don't get your hopes up too high . As everyone is aware of our results in the last seven matches and compared to Chelsea. Chelsea is on mini revival here . On paper they have a stronger team than us Their midfield is better than us and their trikers are scoring goals at the right time. The crucial battle is in midfield. Whoever controls the midfield will win the match.

I am keeping my fingers cross that luck will be on our side . It is going to be a tight game and may go into extra time. Lets hope our lads will raise to the occassion .

Regaine
05-05-2012, 11:30 AM

They are trying to save electricity .:(

Hurricane88
05-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Tonight FA Cup final...win or lose I think Liverpool had a reasonable season...hope they do well tonight..:)

my prediction...

Liv 1 - 1 Che...Liverpool wins FA Cup in penalty shoot out...:)

owen10
05-05-2012, 02:02 PM
I'll be quite happy if Pool signs him cos I'm an admirer. He had single-handedly kept Fulham up in the top half of BPL for the past seasons. But age is the barrier as he's already 29. Unless he comes on the cheap but I suspect will be in the region of 8-15m???

Jol denies Dempsey reports

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1063123/martin-jol-denies-fulham%27s-clint-dempsey-to-liverpool-reports?cc=4716

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
05-05-2012, 02:22 PM
I'll be quite happy if Pool signs him cos I'm an admirer. He had single-handedly kept Fulham up in the top half of BPL for the past seasons. But age is the barrier as he's already 29. Unless he comes on the cheap but I suspect will be in the region of 8-15m???

Jol denies Dempsey reports

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1063123/martin-jol-denies-fulham%27s-clint-dempsey-to-liverpool-reports?cc=4716

But how many individual stars have performed fantastically in their own clubs and failed drastically when they arrived here.

Adams : Single handedly push blackpool to the EPL from Chanmpionship football tough they were relegated but he was still among the nominees for the PFA player awards - i still liked him tough but he really do underperformed here,

D(r)owning: was probably Villa's best players throughout the campaign along with Ashley Young before he joined us - look what happen, no assist no goals till now :(

Caroll : Carroll was playing almost every game, in a new strike partnership with Peter Løvenkrands. Carroll finished the season as Newcastle's top scorer, with 19 goals in all competitions, 17 in the league - but but but.....what a flop :eek: - We gave him enough chances and play-time but if you dont strike a goal as a striker, you cant expect chances after chances and play-time after play-time.

JH : Young player of the year in 2010 and came to us...but..after coming to us.......

These shows that individual talents at their own club will never succeed in our clubs, it has to be the management problems because Madrid was not winning anything for the past 4 years until JM took over and changed the concept of team-work and defence which made them winning the league this season over barca.

Hope we find some foreign talents or players from top half of the league rather than individual talents from bottom side of the league.:rolleyes:
But without CL football..................................let's see let's see..it's never our call anyway - it's the board's call

My useless cents of view :D

doppelherz
05-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Clint Dempsey is no doubt a good player but sorry not for Liverpool.

The club have yet to recover from the 90s where we bought the most ordinary players who did well for smaller English clubs eg. Leonhardsen etc.

Now that the club actually have investment from FSG, we should really aim high. It is gonna be tough to buy players with no Champions League football but this is where the management earn their money too, to convince big stars to come here.

If the club want to buy domestic based players, I would much rather help Man City get rid of their substitutes like Adam Johnson, Dzeko, De Jong, Adebayor or maybe even be cheeky and try to sign Lukaku who has done nothing for Chelski but we all know is a damn good prospect.

sex crusader
05-05-2012, 03:05 PM
fear for the worst...or can it get any worst! as usual..i predict chelsea will score first and pool will play catching up game! Chelsea are on the run now with dimatteo!Amen......

owen10
05-05-2012, 03:25 PM
But how many individual stars have performed fantastically in their own clubs and failed drastically when they arrived here.

Adams : Single handedly push blackpool to the EPL from Chanmpionship football tough they were relegated but he was still among the nominees for the PFA player awards - i still liked him tough but he really do underperformed here,

D(r)owning: was probably Villa's best players throughout the campaign along with Ashley Young before he joined us - look what happen, no assist no goals till now :(

Caroll : Carroll was playing almost every game, in a new strike partnership with Peter Løvenkrands. Carroll finished the season as Newcastle's top scorer, with 19 goals in all competitions, 17 in the league - but but but.....what a flop :eek: - We gave him enough chances and play-time but if you dont strike a goal as a striker, you cant expect chances after chances and play-time after play-time.

JH : Young player of the year in 2010 and came to us...but..after coming to us.......

These shows that individual talents at their own club will never succeed in our clubs, it has to be the management problems because Madrid was not winning anything for the past 4 years until JM took over and changed the concept of team-work and defence which made them winning the league this season over barca.

Hope we find some foreign talents or players from top half of the league rather than individual talents from bottom side of the league.:rolleyes:
But without CL football..................................let's see let's see..it's never our call anyway - it's the board's call

My useless cents of view :D

You have a point bro. I used to wonder why so many supposed 'star players' who came here had flopped in the past ... Guess many bros feel the same too, lest those who think we are talking nonsense.

At 1 go can think of a few liao ... Robbie Keane, Dean Saunders, 'world cup stars' El Hadji Diouf and Salif Diao, Aquilani, Djbril Cisse, highly rated french youngsters Pongolle & Le Tellac, Voronin, Jovanovic ... the list goes on.

Actually I quite like Ryan Babel. He has so much star qualities (check out some of the goals he scored for Holland and Ajax), he was able to shine in a few matches but he wasnt consistent enough.

The few players u mentioned above, I guess give them another season of playing time before we write them off. This is a very strange season for Pool which we were quite ok in 2011 but a complete disaster in 2012. Cant explain how we can incredibly hit the woodwork (31x last count???) so many times and how easy a place for opponents to grab points at Anfield this season!

Juz hoping we could win the Cup tonite and with some luck win our remaining 2 BPL games n finish above Everton. Hopefully we'll regroup for the next season and grab some quality signings!

doppelherz
05-05-2012, 04:04 PM
to be fair, Aquilani has never been given a proper chance. Whenever he played, he did well.

chochochang2
05-05-2012, 04:09 PM
I'm predicting Liverpool to win 1-0 in normal time :D

FA Cup preview

http://www.soccerway.com/videos/england/fa-cup/ypdf2xyi28ff1lgrj1d4icxpj/

lugi
05-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Beer - checked
Chips - checked
MM - checked

All ready.

Pool are you ready? :p

My heart hope so, but likely a Blue's win if fatigue don get to them.

It's 2-0 for the Blues...

Either way the MM will be the real winner..

Pool win, I happy, she happy
Blues win, my pocket happy, she lagi happy.. :D

IBCBen
05-05-2012, 04:53 PM
I think Chelsea win 3-1

joew2005
05-05-2012, 05:21 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1063282/liverpool-captain-steve-gerrard-underlines-need-to-strengthen?cc=4716

Gerrard: We'd still need to strengthen
May 5, 2012

Steven Gerrard says Liverpool will still need 2 sign new players tis summer, even if they complete a cup double by winning the FA Cup against Chelsea on Saturday.

Liverpool hv been magnificent in knockout competitions tis season, beating both Chelsea & ManC en route 2 the Carling Cup as well as overcoming ManU & Everton in order 2 reach the FA Cup final.

However, the club's league form has been dire. A tally of 5 home wins in 18 outings has seen the Reds drop to 8th in the table, & they r set 2 finish the campaign below Merseyside rivals Everton.

Gerrard & team-mate Jamie Carragher hv stated their belief tat victory in the FA Cup final would make 4 a "great" season, but the skipper does not 1 tat 2 be misunderstood as an acceptance of the club's current standards.

"Let's be realistic - @ the start of the season our chances of winning the Premier League were slim," Gerrard said. "We had ManC's power 2 contend with & Chelsea's power, ManU r always there, so we were probably 4th or 5th fav @ the time.

"But we had much better chances of going out & winning the Carling Cup & getting 2 the FA Cup final & tat's wat we've done. Wat it shows is tat, if we do win the FA Cup, tis squad still needs slight tweaking in the summer if we r 2 compete in the Premier League."

Gerrard is a realist when it comes 2 Liverpool's form. He refuses 2 try 2 find excuses 4 their poor league campaign, preferring instead 2 acknowledge tat they simply hv not been good enough.

"There's no point looking 4 excuses & complaining abt tat. We've under-delivered & underperformed in the league, simple, but we've been fantastic in the cups.

"We r hoping when we assess the season in a couple of weeks it will be with 2 trophies in the cabinet. Tat has got 2 breed confidence & belief in2 tis squad & we hv got 2 take tat in2 next season."

Gerrard has often delivered in the biggest games 4 his club, with inspirational displays in the 2005 Champions League final & 2006 FA Cup final evidence of his talismanic presence, but he insists Liverpool's hopes do not rest solely on his shoulders @ Wembley tis weekend.

"We beat Everton in a massive game @ Wembley not so long ago & I didn't get the goals, so we've certainly got players in & around the squad who can be match-winners," he said. "Not all the pressure's on me. It's up 2 every1 2 deliver trophies 4 tis club.

"Maybe the knockout nature of the cups has brought the best out of us tis season, but wat it also shows is tat when we r down, under the cosh & under pressure, tis team is never beaten."

joew2005
05-05-2012, 05:31 PM
http://sg.sports.yahoo.com/news/liverpool-chelsea-preview-giants-clash-31st-time-eight-071500616--spt.html

Liverpool - Chelsea Preview: Giants clash for 31st time in eight seasons in FA Cup final

The continued absences of Lucas Leiva (cruciate ligaments) & Charlie Adam (knee) mean tat Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish will hv 2 choose betw youngsters Jay Spearing & Jonjo Shelvey in central midfield, with the latter's better showing in Tuesday's 1-0 loss 2 Fulham perhaps enough 2 secure a starting role.

Luis Suarez was rested 4 tat game but he shld return, having hit a hat-trick in his last outing against Norwich City as the main striker, with captain Steven Gerrard set 2 support him & potential partner Andy Carroll dropping 2 the bench.

The worry 4 interim Chelsea boss Roberto Di Matteo will be @ centre-back, where David Luiz & Gary Cahill (both hamstring) r serious doubts 2 be able 2 partner John Terry @ the back. The likelihood is tat neither will be risked & Branislav Ivanovic will start alongside the Blues' captain.

Ashley Cole & Frank Lampard should return 2 the starting line-up aft starting the midweek defeat by Newcastle on the bench, while Fernando Torres' recent streak of form, including a hat-trick against QPR on Sunday, may not be enough 4 him 2 retain his place ahead of Didier Drogba.

DID YOU KNOW?

Tis will be the 31st occasion in the past 8 seasons which these 2 clubs hv met.

Liverpool hv conceded exactly 1 goal in each of their FA Cup matches tis season.

2 goals in tis final would see Steven Gerrard overtake Reds manager Kenny Dalglish as the club's joint-4th most successful FA Cup goalscorer. The Scot's record, held alongside Billy Liddell, stands at 13, though remains some way behind leader Ian Rush on 39.

Chelsea's Raul Meireles & Fernando Torres, as well as Liverpool's Glen Johnson, r set 2 face their former sides.

Chelsea hv not beaten Liverpool since May 2010, & hv been defeated in each of their last 4 bouts.

Since Roberto Di Matteo took over as interim manager, the Blues hv lost just 2 of their 17 games, winning 11 & drawing 4.

Chelsea's last 3 FA Cup final victories (in 2006-07, 2008-09, & 2009-10) hv all involved a goal fr Didier Drogba.

6 Blues players hv reached double figures in terms of goals scored in all competitions tis season, while only Luis Suarez has done so 4 the Reds.

The last time tat these 2 sides met, Johnson scored the winner in a 2-1 Premier League triumph 4 Dalglish's men @ Stamford Bridge on November 20.

These teams will face each other again only 3 days aft tis match, as their scheduled league clash was bumped 2 Tuesday 2 accommodate the final @ Wembley.

chochochang2
05-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Gerrard: We'd still need to strengthen

yup, I was just reading this article on soccernet and I agree with Gerrard totally!

francined69
05-05-2012, 09:55 PM
did i read somewhere that Pool was interested in Robben?

chochochang2
05-05-2012, 09:58 PM
did i read somewhere that Pool was interested in Robben?

haha too bad he signed a 2-year contract extension with Bayern already.

Personally I'm a big fan of him but it would seem unrealistic for him to come to Liverpool since Bayern has more to offer (in terms of Champions League, wages etc.)

chochochang2
05-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Preview for Chelsea v Liverpool on goal.com

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/match/79234/liverpool-vs-chelsea-fc/preview

francined69
05-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Lucas absence is definitely a set back for Pool this season. Hope he comes back even stronger for us next season.

I remember how everyone condemn Lucas when he first started playing first team football.

SH149
05-05-2012, 11:04 PM
I be going to Mac 24hrs outlet to watch the game

Win or lost will not reduced my passion for the Reds

chochochang2
05-05-2012, 11:10 PM
FA Cup final team v Chelsea. Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Spearing, Henderson, Downing, Bellamy, Suarez.

subs: Carroll, Maxi, Kuyt, Carragher, Doni, Shelvey, Kelly.

sex crusader
05-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Henderson = Daglish vs Lucas= Rafal. Just can't live without each other!:D

lugi
05-05-2012, 11:25 PM
The Reds team in full is: Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Spearing, Henderson, Downing, Bellamy, Suarez. Subs: Carroll, Maxi, Kuyt, Carragher, Doni, Shelvey, Kelly.

Go Pool!

francined69
05-05-2012, 11:25 PM
FA Cup final team v Chelsea. Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Spearing, Henderson, Downing, Bellamy, Suarez.

subs: Carroll, Maxi, Kuyt, Carragher, Doni, Shelvey, Kelly.

pretty good lineup for Pool!

chochochang2
05-05-2012, 11:31 PM
pretty good lineup for Pool!

I hope Liverpool play 5 in the middle, meaning Downing and Bellamy on the wings!

If Henderson play out right, we will lose for sure..

Hurricane88
05-05-2012, 11:51 PM
midfield is very crowded...whoever controls midfield is going to win...chelsea team looks ordinary team...:)

francined69
06-05-2012, 12:14 AM
let's get the ball kicking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sex crusader
06-05-2012, 12:27 AM
Way Lao...win money Liao! Just as I predicted!

francined69
06-05-2012, 12:39 AM
Reina should have dealt with the ball...........:(

rahl
06-05-2012, 12:40 AM
very uncertain so far. why do we start cup finals so poorly.

HonkyTonkyMan
06-05-2012, 12:48 AM
Hai going up front they seems to run out of ideas what to do

Regaine
06-05-2012, 12:54 AM
So far match dominated by Chelsea . Our midfield is non-existence. :mad: I have a bad feeling we are going to lose this match.:(

Regaine
06-05-2012, 12:58 AM
Way Lao...win money Liao! Just as I predicted!

Have to wait until fulltime first.

sex crusader
06-05-2012, 12:59 AM
Me surfing sbf rather then watching the game! Playing lone striker again with the defense of Chelsea....haiz.....:(

Regaine
06-05-2012, 01:03 AM
I am not going to watch the second half. :mad:

chochochang2
06-05-2012, 01:04 AM
Half time Chelsea lead 1-0.

our midfield is being over run by Chelsea's.

Drogba and Mata are winning balls between our midfield and our back four.

Most of the activity has been from our left hand side, Bellamy has been virtually a spectator in the match so far.

We need to change our midfield. I won't be surprised to see Henderson come off at half time (just like against Fulham), maybe for Shelvey. Gerrard could drop deeper to accomodate Shelvey.

rahl
06-05-2012, 01:07 AM
too slow too slow going forward. give the ball to bellars and glen on the right.

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
06-05-2012, 01:11 AM
I can sense the anger from the legend himself Steve McMahon ..I'm numb..I just want the mgr out...:( and those fucking lazy players out

lugi
06-05-2012, 01:13 AM
what's new?

Wee Jay made a hash of a clearance, and was immediately punished.

JE is struggling against the pace of Ramires, and what else can I say of Reina? RVP shot went in through the near post, now another one now.

Can Pool really score in open play with this team? Their best chance would be a set piece or a penalty to force extra time.

I'm already in the money, let's see whether Pool can come back or Chelsea make even more $$$ for me. :p

Back to the MM..:D

If Pool loses, can the mgr stay on with a 43% win average in the league after having spent 100m and only having the Carling Cup to show?

omnia
06-05-2012, 01:15 AM
At the mo chelsea is the better team wif r wifout the one goal adv...reds left side looks v vulnerable n Ramires looks lethal n not just becuz he scored...reds also look flat when attacking n Suarez pretty much on his own...wat is also worrying is tat
Gerrard does not look to be up for this big game...Bellamy also not so lethal as before...

Kenny really needs to freshen things up in the 2nd half...hope he does not wait until it is too late n the blues score another goal...time to take a gambke n maybe bring on both Maxi n Andy...

Reds can still save this game but they really need to go for it...come on u redman!

YNWA

Hurricane88
06-05-2012, 01:15 AM
Game will change...only down by 1 goal...we need a spark...hope they step up and play well in 2nd half...:)

SH149
06-05-2012, 01:16 AM
Kenny as usual will only change player at around 70 mins i believe :(

SamFaced
06-05-2012, 01:16 AM
We need to get the no 14 n Downing out... Need to attack n test the makeshift Chelsea CBs.. Just why is KD so negative playing no 20 and e no 14 together.. Downing has been a proven flop in big games...haiiiyyaahhh so frustrating but lets hope for e best in e 2nd half....Suarez so quiet cos got no good feeds so far...Pls KD... Do sumthin quick!!!!

francined69
06-05-2012, 01:24 AM
Drogba scores.................:(

Can Pool come back????:confused:

lugi
06-05-2012, 01:24 AM
Ok, stop the humiliation.

Enough!

Lights out!

HonkyTonkyMan
06-05-2012, 01:26 AM
That it I am going to bed now 2-0 no chance to come back this team is not the same as the past where they can make a come back:(

chochochang2
06-05-2012, 01:26 AM
2-0 down. I can't bear to watch anymore

lugi
06-05-2012, 01:34 AM
MM say: 红队的守门员很差,胖胖的,蓝队好有劲,你怎么那么笨,支持红队。。:(

Even someone who doesn't know football can see the obvious...

francined69
06-05-2012, 01:36 AM
yes AC scores with some neat footwork!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pool will gain some confidence now.

rahl
06-05-2012, 01:37 AM
Carroll!! hope!

SamFaced
06-05-2012, 01:44 AM
Yeah man.. N look at e owner's squeeze... She's HOT!!! Im surprised not too much gossips abt her so far...HaHa... Anybody knows her name and where's she from..,? Dun loook too American to me ;0)...hehe

rahl
06-05-2012, 01:46 AM
game turned on its head - its all us now!

lugi
06-05-2012, 01:46 AM
Yeah man.. N look at e owner's squeeze... She's HOT!!! Im surprised not too much gossips abt her so far...HaHa... Anybody knows her name and where's she from..,? Dun loook too American to me ;0)...hehe

I thought that's the daughter :confused:

SamFaced
06-05-2012, 01:48 AM
I thought that's the daughter :confused:

Haha... Cant b lah bro... E daughter cross e seas n follow daddy to watch football all e time?...hehe.. Thats why i say im surprised shes very unknown... Even e commentators hv not spoken toouch bout her ;0)...

rahl
06-05-2012, 01:49 AM
carroll having a stormer against ivanovic and terry.

SH149
06-05-2012, 01:50 AM
When Kyut turn to come out ?:(

SamFaced
06-05-2012, 01:51 AM
Yup... Myz try out the makeshift CBs more.. 10 mins left... Kuyt comin in now... Lets hope he got e luck with him today...

francined69
06-05-2012, 01:55 AM
damn linesman..................ball went past the goal line!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

rahl
06-05-2012, 01:55 AM
fuck i cant believe the goal was not given!

SamFaced
06-05-2012, 01:56 AM
Fuck e linesman... That was a clear goal...Shit ass...!!!

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
06-05-2012, 01:57 AM
Ya I know it's not a goal as not the whole ball has cross the line but I'm fucking sure if it manure..it would be considered a goal :rolleyes:

SamFaced
06-05-2012, 01:59 AM
Linesmannnnnnnn....Butohhhhhhh!!!!!....freekick now...

SH149
06-05-2012, 02:02 AM
A fail season for the Reds :mad:

SamFaced
06-05-2012, 02:07 AM
Why they like to play catch up?...so sad ;0(

S.B.Y.1
06-05-2012, 02:09 AM
Stevie G just didn't spur his men and that sums up the season :(\

As always a liitle to late to clinch the winner

Why Oh Why

Hope next season WOULD be better

SH1491
06-05-2012, 02:10 AM
Ya I know it's not a goal as not the whole ball has cross the line but I'm fucking sure if it manure..it would be considered a goal :rolleyes:

A sore losers thought, as always a narrow minded

bochapsing
06-05-2012, 02:11 AM
we lost the match in the 1st half.....

:mad::mad::mad:

as bro GeminiZ had said, the goal would b given if it's for manure... @#$%$

SamFaced
06-05-2012, 02:13 AM
Sad ending yet again... A season to forget... Just cant wait for e remainder 2 games to b over n hope all our super underachievements be washed away... KD gotto change his management ways... E players can improve but e team wont if he sticks to his style of play this year...Gd night bros...not stayin up to c e lads pick up e runners up medal...Deeply saddened ;0(....

doppelherz
06-05-2012, 02:14 AM
i am a very proud Andy Carroll fan today, overall this is what you get for starting a game with coward tactics.

YNWA

chochochang2
06-05-2012, 02:14 AM
For me, it was a great save by Cech and not a goal because the whole ball did not cross the line.

Probably our first half performance killed us and we recovered too late.

Andy Carroll is playing better game by game.

Henderson was crap throughout the game.

Can't cross when he is out right, can't pass nor defend when he is in the middle.

Jay Spearing has been disappointing too, I guess the cup final came too soon for him.

rahl
06-05-2012, 02:15 AM
It was a goal man. You can't judge it from the camera distance. Close up it's clearly gone in.

GeMiNiZzzzZzz
06-05-2012, 02:16 AM
LS has stomped down the tunnel after the final whistle and yet to come out.

God knows what he is thinking and where he will be nxt season :(

Ok he's out...very very disappointing

rahl
06-05-2012, 02:17 AM
For me, it was a great save by Cech and not a goal because the whole ball did not cross the line.

Probably our first half performance killed us and we recovered too late.

What killed us where the chances we missed after our first goal - we had so many chances and Carroll had that shot in extra time.

lugi
06-05-2012, 02:17 AM
So is AC the villian, or did Cech make a tremendous save?

A 35m striker should have finished that clinically.. by heading the ball downwards..

but give credit to him for galvanising the team .. if only he performs like this whenever he plays...

so KD, you spent 100m, have a 43% win average in the league, got a Carling Cup to show... do you consider the season successful now? Blame it on the linesman this time again???

Sigh... only Citeh can make me feel better now..:(

chochochang2
06-05-2012, 02:19 AM
What killed us where the chances we missed after our first goal - we had so many chances and Carroll had that shot in extra time.

yup. I have to agree with you too. It's not the first time that we've played well (nevermind dominate games) and created good chances but didn't take them.

this is something we have to address in pre-season..

beck7777
06-05-2012, 02:22 AM
So is AC the villian, or did Cech make a tremendous save?

A 35m striker should have finished that clinically.. by heading the ball downwards..

but give credit to him for galvanising the team .. if only he performs like this whenever he plays...

so KD, you spent 100m, have a 43% win average in the league, got a Carling Cup to show... do you consider the season successful now? Blame it on the linesman this time again???

Sigh... only Citeh can make me feel better now..:(

How can AC be the villain?? It was a good goal...

He changed the game when he came on... More options and dimensions to our plays...

I hate to say KD has to take the blame.. He got the tactics wrong from start.. He could have done something at half time.. But seems like nothing is done until AC came in....

Real disappointing seriously... Had we played well and lost then really LL but the first half was simply crap...

Still we only have next season to look forward....:(

doppelherz
06-05-2012, 02:23 AM

seriously its unfair bringing up the pricetag, he did not choose it.

Without Carroll today we would have zero optimism that we could at least get back to the game. Maybe even get beat 4-0.

For all those who keep saying Carroll sucks and wants Bellamy and Suarez to start, you got your wish and this is what you get.

I cannot wait to see what happens this summer, John Henry looks mighty pissed...

omnia
06-05-2012, 02:27 AM
Bitter sweet chaps...cant fault the redman for trying in the 2nd half...n hope big Andy has finally come of age...the big lad has done well regardless of the final result n to me tat was a goal, bloody Cech was pushing the ball out of his goal once it had cleared the line...tough luck but let us now look towards next season...management need to really hv a good long think n consider all the options available...oh yes btw i must say jw henry's mrs looked damn chio n pretty in the director's box!...

Chin up lads...

YNWA