PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool Fc @ Anfield - Reds Supporters Gatherings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155

rahl
30-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Ok, so my 6th sense was wrong ... :o :o

But it's such a crazy weekend.
End of first half at Goodison, score read Everton 1 Arsenal 0.
Yet, end of the game, score read Everton 1 Arsenal 4.

Yes a big win for Arse and I normally won't complain when Evershite are beaten (trounced) but the Gunners did not impress me one bit last night. Hardly played any football, and should rightly thank the Everton defence for the hesitant defending and the officials for not spotting the infringements leading to the goals. Is it just me or did the so called wonderkid Fabregas look like he was axed by an alien instead of Arteta?

justhorny
30-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Wah !! Long time never come in liao :D

Last time, kenna zap in this thread by a Arsenal supporter :p

Anyway. here is some facts with regards to tonight's game against Man City ..

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44317000/gif/_44317691_mnc_liv_0506.gif

The club with the joint best home record in the Premier League meets the one
with the strongest away form.

Manchester City have had two draws over Christmas and dropped points at Eastlands for the first time this season; Liverpool are looking to extend their 100% holiday programme with a third straight win.

Manchester City have not scored a single goal in four Premier League matches with the Merseysiders.

----

I like this statement. But then, 'pool must score lah .. else, 0-0 draw :(

coolfire69
30-12-2007, 01:28 PM
I like ur replied :):D

Hehehe... Thanks bro... ;)

coolfire69
30-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Yes a big win for Arse and I normally won't complain when Evershite are beaten (trounced) but the Gunners did not impress me one bit last night. Hardly played any football, and should rightly thank the Everton defence for the hesitant defending and the officials for not spotting the infringements leading to the goals. Is it just me or did the so called wonderkid Fabregas look like he was axed by an alien instead of Arteta?

Totally agree with you bro... Just that he acted like a piece of Fibreglass lor... :D

KingEros
30-12-2007, 11:37 PM
The team playing against Man City:

GK: Reina
DF: Finnan, Arbeloa, Carragher, Aurelio
MF: Benayoun, Mascherano, Gerrard, Kewell
FW: Kuyt, Torres

Yes, the gaffer's playing it safe ... no Agger & no Hobbs as Hyypia's replacement, although Arbeloa will be playing as centre-back for the first time in his LFC career.

No overflooding of the midfield too ... a straight 4-4-2 with 2 good wingers to exploit the bigger pitch at Man City. Rafa certainly means business. :D

beck7777
31-12-2007, 12:55 AM
Not too bad a 1st half, we can do better than that...

Carragher was impressive, though I have to say the defence looked kinda shaky at 1st...

Lets get a goal early in the 2nd half and see if we can kill off the game!

With Manure dropping points, and more importantly Chelski and Gunners winning, we need to keep up the pace!

Cummon
31-12-2007, 01:56 AM
Kuyt performed better than Torres & it's just not our day.
Why leave it so late to play Babel :(

KingEros
31-12-2007, 01:58 AM
With Manure dropping points, and more importantly Chelski and Gunners winning, we need to keep up the pace!
Thanks to brilliant (almost out-of-this-world) performances by both Hamann & Dunne, we managed to get only 1 point.
Results wise, rather frustrating ... but performance wise, I have no complaints.

beck7777
31-12-2007, 01:59 AM
0-0, fair result I guess... And credit to R Dunne whom I think had a great game for Man City in defense...

Think of it, this is one of our best xmas seasons we had for a long time...

At least we didnt lost, 7points out of 9points...

rahl
31-12-2007, 02:27 AM
Thanks to brilliant (almost out-of-this-world) performances by both Hamann & Dunne, we managed to get only 1 point.
Results wise, rather frustrating ... but performance wise, I have no complaints.

0-0, fair result I guess... And credit to R Dunne whom I think had a great game for Man City in defense...

Not trying to criticise the team for a very creditable away performance (without a centreback mind you). But if we are to win the title, we need winners with a strong mentality who will push forward in the last 10 mins in search of the winner. Unfortunately Stevie looked tired in the period while Torres was frustrated with the officiating. Yossi came closest in running till the end looking for victory and Kuyt was tireless as usual. Arbeloa very shaky first half but better in the second.

Why do the deflections and loose balls never fall into goal for us????

Cummon
31-12-2007, 07:23 AM

Mathematically we are still in the title chase,but can't afford to lose more than 10 points from now onwards if to have any chance . To be realistic we almost need a miracle to win the premiereship now.

Happy new year to all my fellow Reds,Cheers !

KingEros
31-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Mathematically we are still in the title chase ...
To be realistic, we almost need a miracle to win the premiership now.
Maybe we are just very different people ... 'coz I would only say the above statements when the season is left with 2 league games to be played & we are 4-5 points behind the leaders ...
BUT, for now ... the season's only 20 league matches gone, with another 18 to be played ... despite being 4th, we are a mere 10 points behind the leaders with a game in hand. What's more, 2 teams ahead of us will be losing key players to the African Nation's Cup ... so, we only need to concentrate on closing the gap with the scums, if we wanna win the league. ;)

Let's look at it this way, LFC hasn't started a calendar year in such a disposition for a long long time ... if you need to have LFC running away at this point in time before you can have enough faith to back them to their first win in 16 years, then let me say the following:
1) currently, this is arguably the most open (competitive) season in BPL history
2) historically, only a minority of teams have managed to win the league after leading the table at X'mas

In other words, the race has only JUST begun ... so, my money is still on LFC to win the league this season. :D

Why do the deflections and loose balls never fall into goal for us????
Hahaha ... still baiting me for more revelation of my thesis paper on "LFC are not League Champions becoz they are still very don on their luck"?? :rolleyes:

In any case, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all regulars of this thread ... YNWA always. :D

Cum_Luver
31-12-2007, 10:33 AM
the match was good to watch...
yeah, Dunne and his fellow defenders were solid.

hopefully, during the 2nd half of the EPL, we can go all the way, which is the case for many seasons..

Happy New Year To All Kop, Fellow Reds and Their Family !!! :D

SKILLFULL LICK
31-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Mathematically we are still in the title chase,but can't afford to lose more than 10 points from now onwards if to have any chance . To be realistic we almost need a miracle to win the premiereship now.

Happy new year to all my fellow Reds,Cheers !

emmm...i feel it will be close...
but getting closer enough to save rafa's job?

Regaine
31-12-2007, 06:13 PM

It is a fair result. Both teams are equally match. But Liverpool finally ran out of luck.:eek::(
At least we did not lose the game.

Have a Happy New Year everyone.

Cummon
31-12-2007, 07:29 PM
so, my money is still on LFC to win the league this season. :D

Believe me,I really love to see you collect the prize money come May & prove my prediction wrong. If we go all the way in the CL knockout stage,I think Rafa has to decide which is LFC's priority. We are getting closer & closer in BPL but IMO we are not there yet this season.

BTW,the future's not ours to see,Que Rafa Rafa,what will be will be ;)

coolfire69
01-01-2008, 12:09 AM
Here's wishing ALL LIVERPOOL bros a VERY, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! May Rafa & our team enjoy greater success in the BPL, CL & FA Cup in the second half of this season! :D:D:D

<<<SUCHINDA>>>
01-01-2008, 07:12 PM
New year new rumours.....pple say Thierry Henry is joining Liverpool? Or is this stale news liao?

SKILLFULL LICK
02-01-2008, 07:31 PM
New year new rumours.....pple say Thierry Henry is joining Liverpool? Or is this stale news liao?

After 24hrs still no 1 response to ur post,wat do u think??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Regaine
02-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Lets hope Liverpool will win tonight. :)

Dirk Kuyt
02-01-2008, 10:26 PM
After 24hrs still no 1 response to ur post,wat do u think??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

okie okie i reply lor..... rumours oso say Gilla & Hacks wanna sell liverpool coz they cannot tahan with boss benitez........ and the buyer is THAKSIN!

rahl
03-01-2008, 07:01 AM
WTH we played with one striker at home to Wigan!!! Rafa, I thought we were way over that!! :mad:

Cummon
03-01-2008, 07:26 AM
WTH we played with one striker at home to Wigan!!! Rafa, I thought we were way over that!! :mad:

Ya instead of sticking to 4-4-2 we paid too much respects to Fat Bruce knwoing that he would try to get away with a point with the same old trick.

Kewell & Alonso were clearly overcome by fatigue & Pennant wasn't fit enough.
We used to have streak of wins after Christmas,but look at the fixtures....
so many tough games ahead.

beck7777
03-01-2008, 08:02 AM
Playing at home.. Wigan fighting relegation..

We took the lead, fail to find the 2nd goal, conceded late goal..

Drew the game and throw away points..

Getting to sound too familiar? :mad:

Alkano
03-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Playing at home.. Wigan fighting relegation..

We took the lead, fail to find the 2nd goal, conceded late goal..

Drew the game and throw away points..

Getting to sound too familiar? :mad:

Totally, it is like history repeating itself.. :(
Didn't fancy them to drop such a game like this.....

sex crusader
03-01-2008, 08:53 AM
and now rafa is talking about 'Luck".Sounds familiar?:rolleyes:

yellowmilk
03-01-2008, 08:57 AM
I feel that Rafa Benitez has brought Liverpool to as good as he can. A new coach may be neccesary to scale new heights.

Perhaps Jose Mourinho can do a better job?

SKILLFULL LICK
03-01-2008, 09:52 AM
okie okie i reply lor..... rumours oso say Gilla & Hacks wanna sell liverpool coz they cannot tahan with boss benitez........ and the buyer is THAKSIN!

I heard is Mr Vince Mcmahon,the owner of WWE:p:pI feel that Rafa Benitez has brought Liverpool to as good as he can. A new coach may be neccesary to scale new heights.

Perhaps Jose Mourinho can do a better job?

emm...if the BPL post is open to grade ur reputation,sure u will get zap here and there...but...but,i WILL NOT zap u 4 this:rolleyes::rolleyes:

yellowmilk
03-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Bro Skillfull Lick,

I dont mean to offend anyone here. I am a long time suffering Liverpool fan since the good Alan hanson/Ian Rush days and like many of the bros here, am waiting agonisingly for the league to be won again after a long barren decade.

My feeling is that Rafa's technique is not suitable for the EPL. He is good at the champions league, but he falls short against the english teams. I suggested Mourinho cause he was linked to the liverpool job a while ago. Other than his connection with chelsea, he is in fact a very good coach.

I apologise to any bros if i have offended you.

hotsoup16
03-01-2008, 10:29 AM
When I saw the line-up, I said WTF playing at Home to lower team with 1 striker. Knowing Wigan would come to Anfield and depend with their lifes, why not kill them early but instead.....only bringing on crouch n Kurt in the last five mins. Same old story....Anyone notices Rafa throw his anger over the air?:D

Yawn...felling sleepy now after watching the game

Adidas020108
03-01-2008, 11:00 AM
ya, a very disappointed performance by the Reds.
2 pts drop...:mad:

KingEros
03-01-2008, 11:19 AM
WTH we played with one striker at home to Wigan!!! Rafa, I thought we were way over that!!

Ya instead of sticking to 4-4-2 we paid too much respects to Fat Bruce knwoing that he would try to get away with a point with the same old trick.

When I saw the line-up, I said WTF playing at Home to lower team with 1 striker. Knowing Wigan would come to Anfield and depend with their lifes, why not kill them early but instead ...
Ok, I am the odd one out here ... yet again. ;)

I swear this is not 马后炮 or any bootroom diplomacy ... but in my "Fantasy Rafa" line-up, I also played Gerrard as the supporting striker.
It was not 4-5-1 Rafa played ... it's a 4-4-1-1 with Gerrard in a free role, with supporting runs from deep.
After all, isn't it a fact that Gerrard is the next highest scorer after Torres??
Didn't the lot here moaned & groaned just days agao ... about how Kuyt has been firing blanks, despite being in good positions??

Wigan is having relegation woes becoz the team cannot win matches ... but nobody said they are a team that can be easily trodded over. In the reciprocal game at JJB, we also only won by a solitary goal via Benayoun's moment of brilliance.
So, why should it be any more of a steamroll over this same team ... when all already know they're prepared to park their team-bus in front of their goal (if the groundsman would allow them) ... especially when they've just been inspired by a managerial change ... plus an out-of-his-skin performance by Kirkland against the club who decided to let him go, despite he being an England regular.
But what pissed me most is ... I cannot recall Kirkland diving this good to save point-blank follow-up shots when he was under the LFC payroll!!! :mad:

Rafa was angry ... so was I!!
It was the players on the pitch who didn't step up to the plate & made a difference ... when playing against a team that's bent on defending, the team resorted to long balls instead of playing short passes ... & all becoz nobody was running into space** ... & probably becoz all of them were feeling the fatigue effect from the hectic festive program.

** Just try to recall how our goal was scored ... how 3 passes with some intelligent running created space from Wigan's tight defence. If that had happened more in last night's game, we would have won the game handsomely. The lack of THIS is the root of the problem last nite ... the very reason WHY Rafa was showing his frustrations on the touchline, while I was pulling my hair in front of the telly!! :D :D

Regaine
03-01-2008, 10:08 PM
[B]Ok, I am the odd one out here ... yet again.

But what pissed me most is ... I cannot recall Kirkland diving this good to save point-blank follow-up shots when he was under the LFC payroll!!! :

Rafa was angry ... so was I!!
It was the players on the pitch who didn't step up to the plate & made a difference ... when playing against a team that's bent on defending, the team resorted to long balls instead of playing short passes ... & all becoz nobody was running into space[COLOR="Blue"]** ... & probably becoz all of them were feeling the fatigue effect from the hectic festive program.

I was really pissed off when I saw the match this morning. I can understand the frustration of our fellow Liverpool supporters. It was indeed a very bad game for Liverpool standard. Can really see during the match that Gerrard and Torres are trying their very best to get that extra goal and they always misfire. Can see that they are very stressed out. So what has the rotation policy had done to our team? It even make the guys more tired. Like the others tI'm also surprised that they paly with 1 striker upfront. After this game looks like the title chase is beyond our reach.Again we may have to fight for that 4th spot again.

After the match this morning the new table standings look like this :

P Pts
Arsenal 21 50
Man Utd 21 48
Chelsea 21 44
Man City 21 39
Liverpool 20 38
Everton 21 38

A 12 pt gap with Arsenal.

Regaine
03-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Really hope that Liverpool can win this Sunday with Luton.If that they can't even win I don't know what will happen.:(

beck7777
04-01-2008, 12:16 AM
Wigan is having relegation woes becoz the team cannot win matches ... but nobody said they are a team that can be easily trodded over. In the reciprocal game at JJB, we also only won by a solitary goal via Benayoun's moment of brilliance.
So, why should it be any more of a steamroll over this same team ... when all already know they're prepared to park their team-bus in front of their goal (if the groundsman would allow them) ...

I can only half agree here..

True, no one say Wigan can be steamroll over just because they are in relegation shit BUT its against such teams that we should pick up 3 points..

AND all along we know lesser teams come and "park bus".. Nothing new...

What makes Arsenal, Manure and Chelski champions are they are able to pick up maximum points from these 'park bus' team but we cant.. (Wigan game is not the only example)..

We dont win the other big 4, we dont win the other teams, then why should we carry on talking about challenging title.. Might as we discuss how far we can get in the Uefa cup? :rolleyes:

rahl
04-01-2008, 01:20 AM
Ok, I am the odd one out here ... yet again. ;)

Come on King, you know me, I don't diss Rafa for nothing. The point is pure and simple - against Wigan at Anfield, Stevie can play higher up in midfield with two strikers ahead of him. We can afford to do that. There is no need to change the formation and play a lone striker in order to accommodate Stevie as a supporting striker. The only explanation is the 'Sven' syndrome - Rafa simply wants to play his best midfield players at the same time.

alphalaw
04-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Bro Skillfull Lick,

I dont mean to offend anyone here. I am a long time suffering Liverpool fan since the good Alan hanson/Ian Rush days a long barren decade.

My feeling is that Rafa's technique is not suitable for the EPL.

I suggested Mourinho cause he was linked to the liverpool job a while ago. Other than his connection with chelsea, he is in fact a very good coach.

Mourinho got class too. Have you started to see thta rafael is starting to murmur to himself like Gerrard Houlier? :eek:

But with the image Mourinho worked built and made in Chelski, hard to see him coming. I would love a vulgar-filled manager.

Do I need to bring my oldoldoldold post up stating to sack him(Bunny)? :p

Ahlac Fuckerson dun play for draw. Least to say lose.
Bunny plays for no lose.
Arsenal goes for attack and flair. Win/lose/draw. wateva.
Chelski plays anything. As long as it showed that money paved a way for victory.
\
And we can see, the one who heck care and only aims for victory pawns. Pressure is all due. Bunny is still there.

Go Go Liverpool.
Alp.

KingEros
04-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Don't write off Liverpool, warns Wenger
Updated: Jan. 4, 2008

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has not written off Liverpool's title challenge just yet.

Liverpool's 1-1 draw with Wigan last weekend left them 12 points behind Premier League leaders Arsenal and outside of the Champions League places.

To make matters worse for under-pressure Anfield boss Rafael Benitez, his side still have to travel to Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea.

But Wenger knows from personal experience that Liverpool cannot be discounted with half the season remaining. In 1997-98, Arsenal came from 13 points off the pace to win the title.

And Wenger said: 'I wouldn't say it is completely (a three horse race). I still feel Liverpool are in the race but they cannot have any blips anymore.

'They are still a dangerous team. The disadvantage for them is that there are three teams in front of them (Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea) who might not drop many points.

'I still don't dismiss them at this stage. It happened to us in 1997-98 and we made the ground up.'

coolfire69
04-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Sometimes, I prefer it when the whole world writes us off... If true Pool fans know what I mean... ;)

...And FFS, stop likening Rafa to Ged... There was, is & never will be any comparison between the 2 of them. Rafa's of a different class... Just like Torres is of a different class to "See-Saang"... :D

KingEros
04-01-2008, 11:25 PM
TRIPLE INJURY BLOW FOR REDS
Paul Eaton 04 January 2008

Steven Gerrard, Alvaro Arbeloa and Fabio Aurelio have all been ruled out of Sunday's FA Cup third round clash at Luton Town.

All three players picked up muscle injuries against Wigan in midweek and are sidelined for the trip to Kenilworth Road.

Manager Rafael Benitez confirmed: "Steven and Alvaro have a calf problem and Fabio has a hamstring injury.

"They are all out of this weekend's game and will work with the physios to be ready for Middlesbrough next Saturday."

liver_pool8
05-01-2008, 01:33 AM
Transfer window open liao & yet Rafa haven't buy any new player?

I am waiting Rafa..

Haven't confirm goin to liverpool:

Tomas Ujfalusi
David Silva
Kakha Kaladze
Wayne Bridge

yellowmilk
05-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Transfer window open liao & yet Rafa haven't buy any new player?

I am waiting Rafa..

Haven't confirm goin to liverpool:

Tomas Ujfalusi
David Silva
Kakha Kaladze
Wayne Bridge

I think Rafa should buy a good right attacking winger and an accomplished striker to partner Torres. Also another centre-back to complement Carragher as dunno when Agger will return and he is quite prone to injuries.

Regaine
05-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Come on King, you know me, I don't diss Rafa for nothing. The point is pure and simple - against Wigan at Anfield, Stevie can play higher up in midfield with two strikers ahead of him. We can afford to do that. There is no need to change the formation and play a lone striker in order to accommodate Stevie as a supporting striker. The only explanation is the 'Sven' syndrome - Rafa simply wants to play his best midfield players at the same time.

Totally Liverpool is good at playing 4-4-2 system. Again Rafa got the system wrong.

Sometimes, I prefer it when the whole world writes us off... If true Pool fans know what I mean...

I know what you mean. Then they won't be under so much pressure.

Manager Rafael Benitez confirmed: "Steven and Alvaro have a calf problem and Fabio has a hamstring injury.

"They are all out of this weekend's game and will work with the physios to be ready for Middlesbrough next Saturday."

With these players out I wonder who is capable to replace them.:(

Luckytime
05-01-2008, 09:09 PM
best of torres...

YouTube - Fernando Torres By Nani17Productions (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkJ9hEO_6oU)

Luckytime
05-01-2008, 09:13 PM
captain gerrard's top 10

YouTube - Steven Gerrard Top 10 Goals (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoxQm4oUhx0)

Luckytime
05-01-2008, 09:20 PM
more from gerrard

YouTube - NEW Steven Gerrard Top 10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1yLy1SVnfg&feature=related)

Luckytime
05-01-2008, 09:23 PM
liverpool's god...

YouTube - There's Only One Robbie Fowler (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM4LaXPYu3A)

Luckytime
05-01-2008, 09:26 PM
liverpool's former record signing

YouTube - Djibril Cisse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq2McCBnpKM&feature=related)

Luckytime
05-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Liverpool's best goal

YouTube - Liverpool FC 06/07 - Best Goals (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcWYOsf_ZUo)

Luckytime
05-01-2008, 09:37 PM
this is funny...

YouTube - Liverpool Simply The Best (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LRDjumEVlA&feature=related)

Luckytime
05-01-2008, 09:41 PM
road to 2005 champions league final...

YouTube - Liverpool FC Champions League 2005 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg4JH-igsA8&feature=related)

ANDYSIAO14
06-01-2008, 10:14 AM
the clip above gave me a good sensation feeling ~ :D misses those garcia's deft touches :)

C'MON MIGHTY REDS!!!

Frankiestine
06-01-2008, 10:20 AM
whenever gerrard scores, you can be assure it is nothing short of inspirational and spectacular....noticed how most of his goals are from long range outside of the box..

ANDYSIAO14
06-01-2008, 10:25 AM
whenever gerrard scores,noticed how most of his goals are from long range outside of the box..

One of the best in BPL... :D
i think even if im reborn, his name still lingers around ...:)

KingEros
07-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Today's line-up at Kenilworh Rd ...

GK: Itandje

DF: Finnan, Hyypia, Carragher, Riise

MF: Benayoun, Alonso, Leiva, Babel

FW: Crouch, Kuyt

joew2005
07-01-2008, 06:15 AM
i am a Reds supporter.
But aft the recent dismal performance by the team,it makes me wonder whether Mr Rafa has lose his magical touches???
irregardless of wat type of players he field,if they cannot get thru Luton I don't knw hw they k go to thetop 3 teams' home grd & conquer???

Soul_Reaper
07-01-2008, 10:34 AM
But aft the recent dismal performance by the team,it makes me wonder whether Mr Rafa has lose his magical touches???

More like Rafa bochap liao......

Rafa's Reds exit talk hotting up

Sun 06 Jan, 11:45 AM

Rafa Benitez has admitted there is a gap between Liverpool and the top three in the Premier League, amid growing speculation about his future.Widespread reports suggest that Benitez could be set to move on in the summer after four years with the club.

The Spaniard's relationship with Liverpool owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett has become strained this season and he is now understood to be preparing to leave England.

According to reports, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Internazionale and Milan are all tracking Benitez's situation with interest.

Benitez has been unable to lead Liverpool to Premier League glory and he concedes it has become increasingly difficult to compete with Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal on the domestic front.............

Soul_Reaper
07-01-2008, 10:37 AM
LATEST !!!

Jose Murinho agent confirms having talks with Liverpool's owners :(

On Teamsports Newsflash this morning....

yellowmilk
07-01-2008, 10:42 AM
LATEST !!!

Bro soul_reaper,

dont be upset. Jose Mourinho is a good fella, just a bit loud. But he's tactically very shrewd. If Rafa really goes, Jose is the best person to replace him.

rahl
07-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Bro soul_reaper,

dont be upset. Jose Mourinho is a good fella, just a bit loud. But he's tactically very shrewd. If Rafa really goes, Jose is the best person to replace him.

JM has some qualities but tactically shrewd is not one of them, unless you count buying millions' worth of players and playing dull and dour football.

Back to facts that we know, we were pissed poor against Luton. No Torres and Stevie but there were 3 players on show who cost at least 10m pounds each - Alonso, Kuyt and Babel. They were shockingly poor.

Time to buck up and show some character.

Cum_Luver
07-01-2008, 11:04 AM
maybe those rumours and news that he is going to Real Madrid is true.
anywhere, another disappointing performance by Reds...:mad:

JM or Martin O'Neill will be good...maybe it is time for a change as Rafa already being here for about 4 years plus.
correct me if i am wrong about the durations...

Dirk Kuyt
07-01-2008, 11:16 AM
maybe those rumours and news that he is going to Real Madrid is true.

Boss did something unusual on coach trip back to merseyside.... he gathered all the spanish players and spoke to them in spanish only. The rest couldn't understand what he said :confused:

yellowmilk
07-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Back to facts that we know, we were pissed poor against Luton. No Torres and Stevie but there were 3 players on show who cost at least 10m pounds each - Alonso, Kuyt and Babel. They were shockingly poor.

Time to buck up and show some character.

If a new manager comes, then kuyt gets my vote for the first one to leave.

Rafa buys him to be a striker, but he plays like a midfielder. Always dropping deep and his passing is wayward. Really a bobo shooter.

Bro dirk kuyt, sorry no offense to you.

sex crusader
07-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Kuyt is a hard working lad. Maybe he's under pressure to perform since the arrival of Torres.Any view on the replay at Anfield next?

qw2op
07-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Boss did something unusual on coach trip back to merseyside.... he gathered all the spanish players and spoke to them in spanish only. The rest couldn't understand what he said :confused:

he told dem ... ze rain in spain falls mainly on ze plains ... :p

SKILLFULL LICK
07-01-2008, 01:54 PM
LATEST !!!

Good...lets see wats the out come,beside at this down moment,no one from Anfield come out to give Rafa the vote of confident!!

See...ask to to play properly u dont listen,wait the new gaffer arrive he sure send u back to Holland ah!!:p

too_hot
07-01-2008, 02:12 PM
i tink the least rafa could ve done was to put torres on the bench for "contingency". i remember there was a game quite recently he did that and when things was stalemate, he brought torres on and he promptly scored. to totally exclude him was a major mistake.

he did comment before the game that a liverpool without torres should be able to put luton away which, to be fair to rafa, is a valid point. the fact that they couldn't only shows how bad kuyt, crouch and (leser extent) voronin is.

Our midfield was poor too notably alonso seems far from his best. against wigan at least they dominated much of the game but yesterday they were under constant threat from luton.

i dun tink JM is a good manager...his success was very much paid for by RA chequebook. how about guus hiddink?

snakehead
07-01-2008, 04:39 PM
LATEST !!!

Me tinks the Americanos r making another mistake by signing Mourinho..... he is a chequebook manager..... dun give him $$$ to buy players he will cow peh cow bu...... which is exactly the problem between Rafa & the Americanos.

If they cannot give the $$$ to Rafa to buy..... i dun tink they got the $$$ to give Mourinho as well.

I would be sad to see Rafa go....

snakehead
07-01-2008, 04:47 PM
See...ask to to play properly u dont listen,wait the new gaffer arrive he sure send u back to Holland ah!!:p

B4 the dutch boy gets sent back to holland...... i forsee an exodus of the spanish contingent if Rafa leaves the Reds....... Reina, Arbeloa, Aurelio, Sissoko, Alonso n my favourite Torres.......:(

joew2005
07-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Me tinks the Americanos r making another mistake by signing Mourinho..... he is a chequebook manager..... dun give him $$$ to buy players he will cow peh cow bu...... which is exactly the problem between Rafa & the Americanos.

If they cannot give the $$$ to Rafa to buy..... i dun tink they got the $$$ to give Mourinho as well.

I think Rafa might not be able 2 bring back the glory days of Liverpool in the English Soccer top flight. It has been so so long when Liverpool last sat on the summit of English soccer.

I like Mourinho,but if Mr Roman cannot live along with him,hw k the US owners live with Mr Mourinho.:mad:

Regaine
07-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Today's line-up at Kenilworh Rd ...

GK: Itandje

DF: Finnan, Hyypia, Carragher, Riise

MF: Benayoun, Alonso, Leiva, Babel

FW: Crouch, Kuyt

KingEros now we can't even beat Luton.:( How can we be EPL champions? :confused: Latest rumours very strong at Anfield that Rafa's job is not safe.Already some names have started to fly around as possible replacement for Rafa.

Regaine
07-01-2008, 08:31 PM
i tink the least rafa could ve done was to put torres on the bench for "contingency". i remember there was a game quite recently he did that and when things was stalemate, he brought torres on and he promptly scored. to totally exclude him was a major mistake.

he did comment before the game that a liverpool without torres should be able to put luton away which, to be fair to rafa, is a valid point. the fact that they couldn't only shows how bad kuyt, crouch and (leser extent) voronin is.

Our midfield was poor too notably alonso seems far from his best. against wigan at least they dominated much of the game but yesterday they were under constant threat from luton.

i dun tink JM is a good manager...his success was very much paid for by RA chequebook. how about guus hiddink?

The game was horrible for Liverpool standard. For Guss Hiddink if I'm not wrong he is the Russian coach and is seen to be very happy there.

yellowmilk
07-01-2008, 08:54 PM

I think Gillett and gang have lost faith in Rafa and dun wan to give him $ anymore. They are saving it for the new manager to spend.

Cummon
07-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Reds in £6.5m Martin Skrtel swoop
Jan 7 2008 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL are set to break their transfer record for a defender by paying £6.5m for Slovak international centre back Martin Skrtel.

The Zenit St Petersburg star arrived on Merseyside last night ahead of a medical today and the club are confident the deal will be finalised within the next 48 hours.

Chief executive Rick Parry thrashed out a deal with Zenit officials during talks in Russia at the weekend.

Skrtel is rated as one of the most promising defenders in European football and Liverpool have had to beat off competition from some of the continent's top clubs to set up the deal.

Should the transfer go through as expected it will mark the end of Rafa Benitez's search for a new centre-half that began with the ultimately unsuccessful pursuit of Gabriel Heinze and which became increasingly urgent in recent weeks following injuries to both Daniel Agger and Sami Hyypia.

Skrtel is a 23-year-old full Slovak international with 15 caps to his name.

He joined Zenit in 2004 and has gone on to make more than 100 appearances in the Russian league.

Standing 6 ft 4 ins tall, Skrtel has a reputation as a no-nonsense defender who does not shy away from the physical side of the game.

With Agger – who was named Denmark's player of the year at the weekend – still not ready to make his return to first team action after suffering a metatarsal injury last September, Benitez has been short of cover at centre back for several months.

That situation worsened recently when Hyypia picked up an ankle injury at Derby County on Boxing Day, leaving Benitez with only Alvaro Arbeloa, a full-back, and teenager Jack Hobbs as his options to partner Jamie Carragher in the centre of defence.

Benitez will be keen to see the deal for Skrtel tied up as quickly as possible so he can be added to the Liverpool squad, possibly even in time for the trip to Middlesbrough on Saturday.

Meanwhile, Rick Parry today dismissed suggestions he is flying to the USA for an urgent meeting with Tom Hicks and George Gillett regarding Benitez's future.

The appointment is a diary engagement to discuss new stadium plans and Parry insists no discussions about the manager's position are on the agenda.

He said: "It's been in the diary for a long time, to discuss the stadium."

wavelet
07-01-2008, 09:00 PM
It was a very horrible game that the REDS played on Wednesday. We have all the top play and we can even play beat luton and worse of all the REDS looks like the underdog.

One of liveerplool's player paycheck will probably cover for the entire luton team.
If I were the Americans I'll probably put my money with luton than in Liverpool.

rahl
07-01-2008, 09:22 PM

At least I'm heartened to see a couple of intelligent and positive Pool fans here. :D

Bro snakehead, I will be sad to see Rafa go too but rest assured, he won't be.

Change players? Change managers? What about changing some of the fans too while we are at it!

Cummon
07-01-2008, 09:31 PM
i forsee an exodus of the spanish contingent if Rafa leaves the Reds....... Reina, Arbeloa, Aurelio, Sissoko, Alonso n my favourite Torres.......:(

Rest assured,they have to honour their contracts signed with LFC :)

hawksbay
07-01-2008, 09:51 PM
i don t understand y would any1 want to change the manager at this time of the season.rafa is still the man for the job,he as alot of faith in the players he have but they let him dwn last nite.wats the point of having a sqd of 23 players when u can t use them.yes we played badly n the players have to take the blame for it.remember there were other premiership teams got ko by teams frm the lower divs.we live to fight another day.

KingEros
07-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Change players? Change managers? What about changing some of the fans too while we are at it!
At least I'm heartened to see a couple of intelligent and positive Pool fans here. :D
Same sentiments here ... just a rare handful amongst the dumb majority is still always a good thing, enough to make both our day.

Since I'm in a very good mood ... I'll just run through the whole situation here aloud:

1) Sure, a 1-1 draw against a team languishing at the bottom of League One is nothing to crow about ... but did anybody realise that this is the FA Cup?? It is exactly this romantic side of the cup that led to the following this weekend:
a) Blackburn got trashed 1-4 at home by Coventry (Championship)
b) Bolton got booted 0-1 at home by Sheffield United (Championship)
c) Everton got booted 0-1 at home by Oldham (League One)
d) Birmingham lost 1-2 away to Huddersfield (League One)
e) Derby only managed a 2-2 draw at home against Wednesday (Championship)
f) Fulham also managed a 2-2 draw at home against Bristol Rovers (League One)
g) Newcastle also only managed a 0-0 draw away to Stoke (Championship)

2) So what does anybody know about Luton??
That the players haven't been paid since Nov?? That they received half their Dec pay, thanks to this cup-tie against Liverpool being televised??
That despite languishing at the bottom of League One, their home record reads W8 D2 L1??
That I, a much lesser footballing brain than Kevin Blackwell, already thought of using "go out there & play out of your skin ... the whole world is watching the game live & this is your chance out of this hellhole which is already under administration" to pep up the players before the game.

3) BTW, if there's any of you who crave for conspiracy theory ... Luton actually approached LFC for their share of the ticket collection to be donated to them, but someone in LFC made a decision to decline politely. So, there was even suggestions in the British press that in the best interest of Luton's poor players, they should be playing for a draw ... so that the replay at Anfield could earn them their overdue pay for Nov & rest of Dec.
Hmmm ... who thinks that this conspiracy didn't cross Riise's mind when he dived in to "clear" a ball that was not heading goalwards?? :D :D

4) Enough of Luton ... we'll dismiss them when they come down to Anfield anyways. Let's go through the other crap being mentioned here ...
a) Sack Rafa ... at this stage?? Can anybody come in to make things any better?? IMHO, it's the players who are not performing ... so how many of them will be any better, following a change of coach?? How many of them would be happy to see Rafa go ... & thus pledge instant allegiance to the new guy??
b) Hire Mourinho?? ... I've said this before & I'm saying it again - he left Chelsea becoz the owner dabbled in what players should be in his team, despite letting him spend the club's wealth with no restraint initially ... so why would he be dumb enough to come to a club owned by a pair of miserly Yanks??
c) Hire O'Neill?? ... although he's doing rather well with Villa (just like Moyes & Sven is with Everton & Man City respectively), does nobody remember the limited summit he had when at the helms of a bigger club like Celtic?? If his credentials were convincing enough, shouldn't he have been the England manager by now??

BTW, assuming the acquisition of the Slovak centre-half is no rumour, would Rafa still be allowed to make signings now ... if his days as the Reds boss is truly numbered?? Should the new guy be coming in now & grab whatever players he want at the club during the Jan transfer window??
Come on ... dun just believe whatever is written, invest a wee bit of grey matter & the logic would help surface the truth.

In conclusion, let it be know that I dun bother too much with rumours ... but if the day come for Rafa to be dismissed (even if it's a mutual arrangement), I'd stop supporting "my religion" until the Yanks get booted out of its ownership. :rolleyes:

wolfclan
08-01-2008, 07:12 AM
[B]

BTW, assuming the acquisition of the Slovak centre-half is no rumour, would Rafa still be allowed to make signings now ... if his days as the Reds boss is truly numbered?? Should the new guy be coming in now & grab whatever players he want at the club during the Jan transfer window??
Come on ... dun just believe whatever is written, invest a wee bit of grey matter & the logic would help surface the truth.

[B]

agreed with your point here bro king, anyway we do need a good center half, with hyppia aging, and agger still to bve back from his injuries, we need cover, riise is not made to play center, nor abeloa.

saw the second half of luton game, i thought luton was in BPL and liverpool was in the league below, saw luton basically controlling the game, passing ard, sad to see that actually, just dunno wats the problem with the pool players, have not being playing well at all for the past 3-4 games.

as for JM, well i do respect him for the way he bring chelsea to the league title, though with the aid of the chq book, but he did get his team to play well consistently, but him as liverpool manager, guess he would like it initially, but if the owner/s hold on to the chq book and expect him to perform miracle, against the riches of scrums, and chelsea.....can he do it? maybe yes, but will he be happy after lets say 1-2 season?

hopefully can see the construction of the new liverpool stadium soon, we really need tat match income, especially now we know the owner are not someone who is so loaded, though they are in theory richer then majority of us here.....

Cum_Luver
08-01-2008, 07:30 AM
Bro KingEros and the rest of Kop,

glad that you are in a good mood else we will miss your so details write-up and analysis of the present situation.
good work, thanks :D

ANDYSIAO14
08-01-2008, 07:43 AM
Martin Skrtel.
http://i1.tinypic.com/8f46ps6.jpg
Birthday 15.12.1984
Age 23 years
Country Slovakia
Height 191 cm
Weight 81 kg
Position Defender
Number 3

•Martin Skrtel
http://www.fc-zenit.ru/images/gallery/20070520/08.jpg
http://www.fc-zenit.ru/images/gallery/20071022/21.jpg
http://www.fc-zenit.ru/images/gallery/20070331/09.jpg
http://www.fc-zenit.ru/images/gallery/20070331/17.jpg
http://www.fc-zenit.ru/images/gallery/20070404/08.jpg

Martin Skrtel was born in Handlova, Slovakia on 15 December 1984.

•Career

He is FC Previdza school graduate. Played for Slovakian teams FC Previdza and FC Trencin.

From 2004 Martin’ been playing for FC Zenit. He made his debut in the Russian Cup match on 31 July, 2004 against FC Irtysh.

Capped for the Slovak youth national team and then Slovak A-team. As well as Kamil Contofalsky, Martin faced his teammates from FC Zenit during the World Cup 2006 preliminary fixture Russia vs Slovakia , which ended with the victory of the latter.

Track record

2001 - youth champion of Slovakia

• Martin could have become a hockey player but he has chosen football, inspired by his father’s football career

• Martin claims that the presence of Slovak and Czech players was very important for him to accustom himself to the new team

• Martin has tried several positions on the pitch: midfielder, attacker and chose defense aged 16

Played in official matches for Zenit - 113, goals scored - 5. Played for Zenit in Russian Championship - 74, goals scored - 3. Played for second team - 4.

FC Zenit Martin Skrtel ranks second in the list of the best football players named by Slovak Football Union and newspaper “Pravda”, top ten also includes FC Zenit keeper Kamil Contofalsky.-www.fc-zenit.ru

rahl
08-01-2008, 10:56 AM
i don t understand y would any1 want to change the manager at this time of the season.rafa is still the man for the job,he as alot of faith in the players he have but they let him dwn last nite.wats the point of having a sqd of 23 players when u can t use them.yes we played badly n the players have to take the blame for it.remember there were other premiership teams got ko by teams frm the lower divs.we live to fight another day.

Another top post ;)

Same sentiments here ... just a rare handful amongst the dumb majority is still always a good thing, enough to make both our day.

I find it interesting King that we are breaking the club record for a defender (thankfully Babb will no longer be mentioned) when Rafa was talking about frees a month back. Whether he has managed to convince the Yanks or he wasn't honest to the press in the first place (why be? most of them are rumour mongers anyway), it indicates clearly the commitment of manager and owners to the club. ;)

KingEros
08-01-2008, 04:09 PM
I find it interesting King that we are breaking the club record for a defender (thankfully Babb will no longer be mentioned) when Rafa was talking about frees a month back. Whether he has managed to convince the Yanks or he wasn't honest to the press in the first place (why be? most of them are rumour mongers anyway), it indicates clearly the commitment of manager and owners to the club. ;)
Personally, I believe he was totally professional (to the club) by not being honest (to the press) ... Kaladze was merely a decoy.
Just see how he nicked a player of Leiva's stature from under every other big club's nose ... :D

As for the Mascherano deal, I also believe the Yanks are playng hard ball haggling around that 17m-pound price-tag ... by making it look like LFC is uninterested in paying for that price, a hungry-ghost-festival-style bidding war could just be avoided with the likes of Barcelona & Juventus.
I just hope this stunt doesn't back-fire ... despite Mascherano announcing his preference for staying on at LFC, his owners will treat & trade him like nothing more than just a piece of meat!! :mad:

Cummon
08-01-2008, 10:29 PM
MARTIN SKRTEL has moved a step closer to becoming the most expensive defender in Liverpool history after passing his medical.

A club record £6.5m fee has been agreed with Skrtel’s club, Zenit St Petersburg, and personal terms have been agreed with the player.

Skrtel is now waiting for the deal to be rubber stamped by Liverpool’s owners.

If it's done,another record breaking signing under the Americans,interesting.
But what happened to Agger ? He has been out for 4 months :(

Exciter101
09-01-2008, 08:45 AM
Let's hope they can start building up and kick start the form they have earlier on.
Sad to see this happened to a team like Liverpool.

KingEros
09-01-2008, 10:34 AM
But what happened to Agger? He has been out for 4 months :(
His metatarsal has not healed properly ... there is still pain in his foot, guess some of the broken bone bits are the culprits.
He's training now with specially padded boots ... but still comfy enough for Rafa to wanna risk him.

http://www.icbmedical.com/__data/page/104/Foot-Bone-Structure3.gif

KingEros
11-01-2008, 09:52 PM
SKRTEL SIGNS UNTIL 2012
Steve Hunter 11 January 2008

Liverpool have today confirmed the signing of Slovakian international defender Martin Skrtel from Zenit St Petersberg on a four and a half year contract.

The established centre half has 15 international caps for his country and Reds boss Rafael Benitez is predicting a bright Anfield future for the 23-year-old.

"I think he is a player maybe not many people know about but he played against Everton for Zenit St Petersberg, and he is a centre half that knows the English style," said Benitez.

"He is aggressive, quick, is good in the air and I think he's a very good player for the future and also for the present.

"He is very competitive, but his mentality for me is very good. Watching him in some games his mentality is similar to Carra so I think it's very positive for the team.

"Our scouts first knew of him when he was playing for Slovakia and we have been monitoring him since the start of the season.

"We saw him play against Everton in the UEFA Cup match at Goodison and during the last few months we have been checking him closely.

"I don't think he will be ready for Middlesbrough because the Russian league season ended more than a month ago and the last competitive game Martin played was in the UEFA Cup in December.

"He has been training but I don't think that will be enough. He needs to get to know his team-mates and the league but I will look at him in training because he has a very good physical condition."

The Reds boss also believes Skrtel is a player who will settle quickly into life at Anfield and put pressure on the likes of Jamie Carragher, Sami Hyypia and Daniel Agger for a starting role in the first team.

"He has quality and he can be a problem for them and a good problem for me if I need to decide who to play in the future," added Benitez.

"He has experience and enough quality for playing as soon as possible."

Skrtel will wear squad number 37 at Anfield.

KingEros
11-01-2008, 09:54 PM
10 THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT SKRTEL
Paul Hassall 11 January 2008

You've heard all the speculation, digested the paper talk and analysed the stats, but just how well do you know our latest signing?
Liverpoolfc.tv reveals 10 things you never knew about Martin Skrtel:

1. Skrtel was a competent hockey player and could have followed a career in the sport until his passion for football took over and - fortunately for us - he opted to ply his trade in the world of the beautiful game instead.

2. He has already had a taste of what it means to play football on Merseyside having featured for former club Zenit St Petersberg in a 1-0 UEFA cup defeat against Everton on December 5, 2007.

3. At the age of 23 Martin is already an established international with Slovakia. He has 15 caps to-date and scored his first and only goal for his country in a Euro 2008 Qualifier when he netted the opener in a 6-1 win at home to Cyprus.

4. A move to Liverpool has left him so excited he has had trouble sleeping. He said: "I have realised that in all likelihood a new era of my life is beginning. I struggled to get any sleep on Saturday night, and I normally have no problems sleeping."

5. The 6ft 4 defender came second in the list of the best football players named by Slovak Football Union and newspaper 'Pravda' in December 2006.

6. He was a key member of the Zenit side that clinched the 2007 Russian League title - their finest achievement since winning the USSR Championship in 1984.

7. If Liverpool qualify for next season's Champions League he could well come up against his former teammates as a result of their title success.

8. He becomes Liverpool's most expensive defender, with the fee surpassing the previous record for Daniel Agger in January 2006.

9. Martin was born on December 15, 1984, on the very same day as guitarist Joshua Third, of cult rock band The Horrors.

10. He rose through the ranks at Slovakian outfit FC Previdza and also played for FC Trencin before leaving his homeland for Zenit in 2004. He played 113 matches for the Russian side, scoring five goals in total.

KingEros
11-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Klinsmann to coach Bayern from next season
Updated: Jan. 11, 2008

Jurgen Klinsmann will take over as coach of Bayern Munich from next season.

The former Germany boss will take over from Ottmar Hitzfeld, who is set to step down from the post at the end of the current campaign.

A statement on Bayern's official website (http://www.fcbayern.t-com.de/en/news/news/2007/14731.php?fcb_sid=9195243f2bfb13ef4c76ff90f83ab55d ) read: 'Former Germany boss Jurgen Klinsmann will succeed Ottmar Hitzfeld as Bayern head coach on July 1, 2008.'

The appointment marks Klinsmann's first foray into club coaching after he guided host nation Germany to third place in the 2006 World Cup.

The 43-year-old won 108 caps for his country and was captain for the successful Euro 96 campaign.

Klinsmann enjoyed a successful stint with Bayern between 1995 and 1997, winning UEFA Cup and Bundesliga honours.

The club have announced a press conference for 4pm local time on Friday.

Regaine
13-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Another disappointing display by the reds. Rafa's future looks very bleak. Got one player totally cannot play and is always losing the ball. Making the defenders work extra time. Only when they substituted him in the last 20 mins Liverpool played better. But again a lit bit too late.:(

ANDYSIAO14
13-01-2008, 09:47 PM
http://i14.tinypic.com/6yf2009.jpgRafa Benitez plans to select his strongest possible side when Luton Town travel to Anfield for the FA Cup third round replay on Tuesday.
The Spaniard this week denied he selected a weakened side at Kenilworth Road, pointing to the fact he had 10 internationals in the side.

"I was surprised when a journalist questioned me about not using my strongest team," said Benitez, who was without Steven Gerrard for the initial tie due to injury.

"We had 10 international players in the side but the journalist was just talking about Fernando Torres, so I think he didn't know exactly about our squad.

"We will approach the replay with the same idea. I will use a strong team again because we want to progress in the FA Cup.

"It is a fantastic competition and we want to win it again."

Benitez, whose side have seen in the New Year with three consecutive draws, admits the performance at Luton was not good enough.

However, the Liverpool boss is confident his players can shake off their indifferent form to record a first win of 2008.

"It wasn't good enough, that is clear. We were really disappointed after the game but a lot of Premier League teams didn't even get a replay," he said.

"We watched some videos and we knew it could be a tough game because they are physical and for them it was like a final.

"It was an opportunity for their players to show their quality and put themselves in the window. You must give credit to them because they played well.

"Maybe we can learn from this game and it will be totally different at Anfield. We have another opportunity now and I have a lot of confidence in our team. I think we will win because we want to progress in the competition."

Luton, currently in administration, have lost several players since the initial tie including David Edwards and Chris Coyne.

Frustrated by player sales, manager Kevin Blackwell has tendered his resignation and will step down in February.

The winner of Tuesday's tie will face either League One Swansea City or non-league Havant and Waterlooville.
-liverpoolfctv

rahl
14-01-2008, 12:54 AM
Another disappointing display by the reds. Rafa's future looks very bleak. Got one player totally cannot play and is always losing the ball. Making the defenders work extra time. Only when they substituted him in the last 20 mins Liverpool played better. But again a lit bit too late.:(

That player I totally agree! :(

Cummingliao
14-01-2008, 02:54 AM
Something to share...

Arabs eye £500m Liverpool buy-out | Sport | The Observer (http://observer.guardian.co.uk/sport/story/0,,2240163,00.html)

Fucking Yanks, if this is true.

evilspawnsss
14-01-2008, 10:18 AM

Who the player??:confused:

yellowmilk
14-01-2008, 10:56 AM

I think its Voronin.

Funny why many players after they come to liverpool , all the passing and shooting become worse. Maybe there's a problem with the trainer.

skyhawk958
14-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Personally, I believe he was totally professional (to the club) by not being honest (to the press) ... Kaladze was merely a decoy.
Just see how he nicked a player of Leiva's stature from under every other big club's nose ... :D

As for the Mascherano deal, I also believe the Yanks are playng hard ball haggling around that 17m-pound price-tag ... by making it look like LFC is uninterested in paying for that price, a hungry-ghost-festival-style bidding war could just be avoided with the likes of Barcelona & Juventus.
I just hope this stunt doesn't back-fire ... despite Mascherano announcing his preference for staying on at LFC, his owners will treat & trade him like nothing more than just a piece of meat!! :mad:

Good analysis,but for mascherano case, i think its more of owner only have certain amount of $$ available now couple with momo not sold yet,so rafa make the decision to buy a defender to solve defence crisis 1st coz mascherano still can wait for few mths...hopefully by that time can earn some $$ from champions league and sell some players.

skyhawk958
14-01-2008, 11:10 AM
I think its Voronin.

Funny why many players after they come to liverpool , all the passing and shooting become worse. Maybe there's a problem with the trainer.

Riise also cmi liao....

Many fans are suspecting our down fall got something to do with the departure of pako coz when he left, results starts to get bad coincidentally:(

KingEros
14-01-2008, 11:17 AM
I think its Voronin.
Yes, you are right ...

Look at it this way ...
Fandi, at his prime, was one of the best in SE Asia ... when he played for Groningen, he was still one of the best in that squad ... but before that, when he was having trials at Ajax, he was fighting for places with the likes of Marco van Basten & Jan Molby - you think it was gonna do his own confidence a lot of good??
When these players play for a lesser club, they are not expected to win all the time ... so, even if they miss open-goal chances, they will not be crucified like they would if they are at a big club having a shot on target saved by the keeper.
That's the difference ... :rolleyes:

At this level, trainers only work on conditioning & tactics ... they dun teach the players how to pass or shoot anymore. That should have been done when these players were in their teens. :D

Alkano
14-01-2008, 11:21 AM
I am selling my Liverpool FC Official Guide 2008.
Hardcopy and mint condition.
Any interested buyer? :D

yellowmilk
14-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Any interested buyer? :D

Bro Alkano,

Giving up on liverpool oreadi ?:eek:
Half a season left, maybe still got chance to win.

Xgenre
14-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Watching Rafa describe our performances these days brings me back to the latter stages of Houllier's reign. Houllier used to stay we have turned a corner whenever we play badly. Rafa now says we deserve to win matches when it's so clear we suck and our opponents dominate us. Rafa's excuses are almost to the standards of Houllier.

Not sure how you guys feel but we play with a kiasu mentality. Dun win nevermind, dun lose can already. But we spent so much more than Birmingham, Wigan, Boro... How can we be dominated by relegation threatened sides? We also looked so fearful of Man U, at Anfield too. That match hurts a lot.

I think a change in management asap may not be a bad idea. Rafa's tactics and rotation is suspect. How Voronin and Kuyt gets more matches than Crouch is a mystery to me. Our best forward combination may be Babbel and Torres cos both are always ready to run at defenders and shoot.

I hope we buy Steward Downing to solve our winger crisis. If Spurs is buying him for $8 million, I'm sure we should be giving him a look. Downing's left foot is classy plus being English, he will not need as much time to acclimatise.

Xgenre
14-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Fandi, at his prime, was one of the best in SE Asia ... when he played for Groningen, he was still one of the best in that squad ... but before that, when he was having trials at Ajax, he was fighting for places with the likes of Marco van Basten & Jan Molby - you think it was gonna do his own confidence a lot of good?

Was it this sequence? Thought he went to Groningen, played well and scored that goal against Inter Milan and then was approached by Ajax? He didn't go to Ajax before Groningen right? Anyway, I remember Fandi saying in an interview that his biggest regret was not signing for Ajax. For such a talented player to come back cos he's homesick is really regrettable. Hope Lionel Lewis gets better luck.

Cummon
14-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Tom Hicks: We lined up Jurgen Klinsmann
Jan 14 2008 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

TOM Hicks and George Gillett held a secret meeting with Jurgen Klinsmann to line him up as the next manager of Liverpool FC.

Hicks today insisted the talks would not have resulted in the immediate dismissal of Rafael Benitez and that Klinsmann was only ”an insurance policy”.

He told the ECHO: “We attempted to negotiate an option, as an insurance policy, to have him become manager if Rafa left for Real Madrid or other clubs that were rumoured in the UK press.

“Or in case our communication spiralled out of control for some reason.”

The ECHO can also reveal:

Had Liverpool crashed out of the Champions League the club’s owners would have tried to replace Benitez.

A deal was almost agreed for Dubai International Capital to buy a minority share in the club in the autumn, only for talks to collapse over the valuation of the club.

Hicks is hopeful for a financial restructure and that plans for the new stadium will be released by the end of this week.

What a disgrace,since when our beloved LFC have become the likes of Newcastle & Spurs ? This is not the Liverpool way to treat a man who brought back the big ears to Anfield in his first season as our manager.
Where are these two twats gonna bring us to,scary thoughts :mad:

Regaine
14-01-2008, 08:45 PM

The one that started with A V... and have a pony tail.

Regaine
14-01-2008, 08:46 PM
I think its Voronin.

Correct bro. Not only the trainer but the manager also. He still haven't got a grasp of the Premier League. He is only good for Champions League.

Regaine
14-01-2008, 08:50 PM
I think a change in management asap may not be a bad idea. Rafa's tactics and rotation is suspect. How Voronin and Kuyt gets more matches than Crouch is a mystery to me. Our best forward combination may be Babbel and Torres cos both are always ready to run at defenders and shoot.

I hope we buy Steward Downing to solve our winger crisis. If Spurs is buying him for $8 million, I'm sure we should be giving him a look. Downing's left foot is classy plus being English, he will not need as much time to acclimatise.

That is what I've been saying all along.:(

yellowmilk
14-01-2008, 09:10 PM
That is what I've been saying all along.:(

Poor results, Low morale in players, Unrest among supporters, squabbles between manager and board - all tell tale signs of imminent & inevitable changes.

I believe that your call for a new manager will happen very soon.

coolfire69
14-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Dark days indeed... I'm so sad for Rafa & utterly disappointed with those CO*K-sucking, C*NT-licking disgraceful american TWATS...

For now, I personally feel that it's either they f*cking F*CK outta our club, or Rafa walks away... :mad::mad:

Hellfire79
14-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Dark days indeed... I'm so sad for Rafa & utterly disappointed with those CO*K-sucking, C*NT-licking disgraceful american TWATS...

For now, I personally feel that it's either they f*cking F*CK outta our club, or Rafa walks away... :mad::mad:

I personally cant agree with Bro coolfire69. It really like hair plucking session watching them...guess i am going to get bald n weaker heart as days goes by...sigh

Hopefully this matters will settle fast.....if not more poor result will follow as it affecting the player in a way.:(

rahl
14-01-2008, 11:35 PM
[COLOR="Red"]Tom Hicks: We lined up Jurgen Klinsmann
Jan 14 2008 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

What a disgrace,since when our beloved LFC have become the likes of Newcastle & Spurs ? This is not the Liverpool way to treat a man who brought back the big ears to Anfield in his first season as our manager.
Where are these two twats gonna bring us to,scary thoughts :mad:

Exactly. This is complete bullshite and the sheer arrogance of actually coming out to say it in public and believe that the fans would still support them. This is not the Pool way indeed. A very sad moment for me really. :(

KingEros
15-01-2008, 01:52 AM
What a disgrace, since when our beloved LFC have become the likes of Newcastle & Spurs?
This is not the Liverpool way to treat a man who brought back the big ears to Anfield in his first season as our manager.
Where are these two twats gonna bring us to, scary thoughts :mad:

Exactly. This is complete bullshite and the sheer arrogance of actually coming out to say it in public and believe that the fans would still support them.
This is not the Pool way indeed.
A very sad moment for me really. :(

This is the very reason why I've been saying I will quit calling myself a LFC fanatic ... if they remove Rafa.
Very simply put, they know nothing about football ... & are more concerned with their own egos.
I hope we are not entering the dark ages again ... THANKS to a certain Mr David Moores. Maybe he should have just sold his stake to Thaksin instead. :mad: :mad:

Cummon
15-01-2008, 07:29 AM
Exactly. This is complete bullshite and the sheer arrogance of actually coming out to say it in public and believe that the fans would still support them

they know nothing about football ... & are more concerned with their own egos.

That was a really bad move from Hicks,it would only tarnish LFC's image & make any top class manager think twice before taking up Rafa's job if he is removed. And goes without saying after more & more negatives being exposed, the fans would love to throw these two American snakes out even more. But then what can we do,they own our club :(:mad:

wolfclan
15-01-2008, 08:00 AM
Read reports in the net that DIC is still interested in buying over liverpool, and if the yankees can't settle their loans, I guess this might be better for the club.

The yanks came in and talk alot about buying players, support the manager and most importantly, to have a new stadium....but see where is the new stadium....plans have been delay and changed, and till date, we still dunno when the new stadium will be built, let alone completed.

WE will need a bigger stadium to compete with scrums and also arsenal, their match day income is much more then us. I am for sure worry that liverpool will become another newcastle or worst, leeds......

lets hope they will win tonite against hatters, and play more convincingly.

Alkano
15-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Any interested buyer?

I am selling, pls pm me if interested.

Hellfire79
15-01-2008, 08:37 AM
I personally cant agree with Bro coolfire69. It really like hair plucking session watching them...guess i am going to get bald n weaker heart as days goes by...sigh

Hopefully this matters will settle fast.....if not more poor result will follow as it affecting the player in a way.:(

Pai seh Bro Coolfire69. Finger type too fast. What i am trying to say is i couldn't agree with you more...

rahl
15-01-2008, 10:10 AM
WE will need a bigger stadium to compete with scrums and also arsenal, their match day income is much more then us. I am for sure worry that liverpool will become another newcastle or worst, leeds......

Bro we won't because the yanks are not going to spend that much money anyway! ;)

Hellfire79
15-01-2008, 10:49 AM
I guess they practice the NATO way - NO ACTION,Talk ONLY. Just really wish GIC is going to come in a a better buyer or management than what we have now.

wolfclan
15-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Bro we won't because the yanks are not going to spend that much money anyway! ;)

Tat I agreed bro, haha, they talk alot but dun think they have the capability ($$) to walk to talk. Anyway certainly hope the form of Liverpool can improve, they have not been playing well for pass few weeks......:(

SKILLFULL LICK
15-01-2008, 06:21 PM
This is the very reason why I've been saying I will quit calling myself a LFC fanatic ... if they remove Rafa.
Very simply put, they know nothing about football ... & are more concerned with their own egos.
I hope we are not entering the dark ages again ... THANKS to a certain Mr David Moores. Maybe he should have just sold his stake to Thaksin instead. :mad: :mad:

Relac bro king..i believed ur a Liverpool fanatic long before rafa came into the picture rite??i do agree that our beloved team certainly not in the save pair of hand under the yanks and that cb r parry,but how much time u think rafa need inorder to put it right?to me huh,it seems that rafa need a entire season to learn a lesson,as a result, we are actually paying the price rather than getting the rite result!!

Now come to the issue of sacking of rafa,from ur post i understand that ur totally against the idea,i guess if we got chance to ask scum alex,he too will have the similar reaction like u,but wif totally dif intention.Deep inside his heart he will think,"pls keep rafa long as u can,give me another 3-4 more seasons i will retire when we are call the champion of champions of English Football.

Regaine
15-01-2008, 09:13 PM
I wonder if Rafa is walking in a tight line? If he were to go would we see an exodus of players as well? :(:confused:

coolfire69
15-01-2008, 09:40 PM
When the KING speaks, the fuckin yanks better open their ears & fuckin listen...

Kenny Dalglish: Don’t hang 'magnificent servant' Rafa Benitez

Jan 15 2008 EXCLUSIVE by John Thompson, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL legend Kenny Dalglish today gave his backing to Reds manager Rafael Benitez as the controversy over his future at Anfield reached new levels.

Dalglish insisted Benitez, who has led Liverpool to two Champions League finals in three seasons, ‘did not deserve to be hanged’ for letting his frustrations get the better of him last November.

Dalglish said the backing of the fans in his hour of need was ‘the least he deserves’.

He spoke to the Echo exclusively after revelations by Reds co-owner Tom Hicks yesterday that he and George Gillett had met Jurgen Klinsmann to line him up as a potential successor to Benitez.

Dalglish spent 14 years as a player and manager at Anfield, winning three league titles and guiding the club through the dark days of the Heysel and Hillsborough disasters in the 1980s.

He said: When Rafa was flying, winning the Champions League, you would not need support - you get that automatically, don’t you?

“But when it’s not going so well, that’s when he really needs his allies to get round about him, stand beside him and help him. Because that’s the least he deserves.

“He deserves the help of a lot of people because he’s brought a lot of happiness to an awful lot of people here.

“Over the past couple of months things have not been as good as we hoped they would be.

“But this is when they need to stand up and be counted and get shoulder to shoulder with their man – and their man’s Rafa - and stand beside him.

“He needs it – he needs the help, he needs the confidence in himself.

“Support is the least he deserves for what he’s done for this football club.

“He’s moved lock, stock and barrel over here, which is easier said than done.

“He’s integrated into the Liverpool way of things. And apart from the outburst last November, he’s conducted himself admirably.

“He’s had one blemish – but that shouldn’t hang him.”

Added Dalglish: “The players need to believe in the manager again. They need to get a bit of confidence.. “Without confidence and belief in the playing area, your club is going to struggle on the pitch.”

The Scot, widely regarded as the greatest player ever to have pulled on a red shirt, said he was desperate to see an end to the continuing speculation regarding Anfield’s off-field issues.

He added: “I think it’s a disappointing phase when Liverpool Football Club, who have never washed the dirty linen in public, have contributed over past two or three months to a lot of headlines which really you had never seen before.

“I don’t know who is right and who is wrong. I don’t know the arguments or what goes on behind the scenes. But it certainly does no one any favours whatsoever.

“It affects the players, because they are looking for confidence.

“It affects the manager, because he’s looking for confidence – he doesn’t need the added pressure of this.

“And also it makes Rick Parry’s job more difficult

“ There’s always problems in your workplace but if there’s a problem you sort it out behind closed doors – you don’t sort it out publicly.

“ I thought the line had been drawn under it in November when Rafa was frustrated and came out with words that maybe he wished he had never come out with.

“But maybe his frustration got the better of him.

“I don’t know what would have caused Rafa to come out and say something like that if he didn’t have cause to say it. He must have been really frustrated about things.

“It might not have been the wisest thing to do – but you can understand his frustration.

“The man’s been a magnificent servant to Liverpool Football Club and it certainly showed in the aftermath of that in the support he had from the fans of the club.”

Dalglish said he feared the ongoing controversy was now spreading to the players.

He said: “I don’t think it’s a coincidence results haven’t been as good as everybody would have hoped.There’s a fair judgement there that would say what has happened off the pitch does affect what happens on it.

And the sooner they can kiss and make upthe better the football club will be.

“I don’t know who’s to blame. I’m not interested in who’s to blame. I don’t think anyone is interested in who’s to blame, saying it started here or it started there.

“I think the biggest interest is Liverpool Football Club.

“That’s the common denominator – and in the interests of the club I believe it would be best if it everything went back behind closed doors now.

He continued: “People have got to be more responsible about what they say publicly.

“What you say behind closed doors isn’t really that important.

“I don’t know whether there is a breakdown in communications or not and as Tom Hicks said, everything’s been resolved now.

“Well I think it might have been resolved – but coming out and saying they spoke to Jurgen Klinsmann is I think, in one way commendable, because it indicates maybe the guy’s honesty if that’s why he’s done it.

“But the other side of the coin is that they just don’t need it.

“Rafa doesn’t need it; the players don’t need the uncertainty and certainly the supporters don’t need it.

“And after the fans showed their support for Rafa the last time I would not be surprised if there was another show of support for the man at the game against Luton.

“I think fans will be very disappointed and frustrated. I don’t think they have ever had this before.

“When I was there you discussed it in private and that was it – it was finished.

“I think Rafa’s reputation was reflected in the support the punters gave him.

“Rick Parry has been there and very highly thought of as an administrator on that side and that’s no disrespect – everybody needs a good administrator and if you get one then you are lucky.

“But Tom Hicks and George Gillett, they are the ones that are new to the supporters.

“They are the ones the supporters can relate to least of all.

“So those two have got to have a look and say ‘What PR can we do?’

“What are we going to do to get back in favour with the supporters?

“Because at the moment, as this comes out, I don’t think they will exactly be flavour of the month or the favourite people at the football club.

“The sooner the football gets back on the pages and talking about how well Liverpool are playing and how great a result that was etc, then the happier everyone in Liverpool will be.

“It’s always better to see Liverpool win 4-0 rather than see they’ve been speaking to another manager for a contingency plan – that’s a certainty.

“And it’s always better to read about the football rather than issues in football. Once you start discussing issues within the football club publicly, then I think you start to get yourself some problems.

“I don’t think it’s a coincidence the results haven’t been as good since Rafa’s statement. So I think it’s there – the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

“I think the results have been affected and whether it’s because of this I don’t know.

“But is it too much of a coincidence? I don’t think so.

“I think the players want to see the manager to be seen getting the support and vice versa.

“They need the confidence and belief as well in themselves. They need to trust themselves.

“They are easily good enough to be doing better than they have done.

“So don’t let’s be using it as an excuse.

“But it’s understandable if it is partly the reason.

“They’ve got plenty of ability, plenty of players.

“They just need to look in the mirror. They are still the same people and players they were and still the same players they were two or three months ago before it happened.

“So I’d say let’s just get back to two or three months before it happened. Enjoy your football, believe in your manager and I’m sure they will get the support of the fans.”

“Tom Hicks and George Gillett came to Anfield with the blessing of everyone.

“I think they made a couple of mistakes along the way but then everyone makes mistakes.

“However, I think they have got to get themselves back into the favour of the Liverpool people.

“And to get out amongst them and be a wee bit more accessible wouldn’t do them any harm at all.”

(Extracted from:Kenny Dalglish: Don’t hang 'magnificent servant' Rafa Benitez - Liverpool Echo.co.uk (http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/01/15/kenny-dalglish-don-t-hang-magnificent-servant-rafa-benitez-100252-20351536/))

So, are you fuckin listening, you fuckin cunt-lickin, co*k-suckin thick brainless yanks???!!!! Fancy you guys talkin to some german who knows shite about club football... Let alone the barclays premier league.... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

coolfire69
16-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Vintage Stevie G for me in the 5-0 win over Luton... But more importantly, CONGRATS, Carra, on your 500th appearance in Liverpool colours, here's to another 500!! :D

23 CARRA GOLD

YNWA...

ANDYSIAO14
17-01-2008, 08:32 AM
Havant and W 4-2 Swansea: Liverpool await
Non-League Havant & Waterlooville booked a dream trip to Anfield to play Liverpool with a stunning 4-2 victory against Swansea in their FA
Cup third round replay..
Havant's Richard Pacquette wheels away after helping the non-leaguers take the lead.
...........................(CUT SHORT BLA BLA BLA)-soccernet

another 5-0 scoreline awaits them too :D
http://i12.tinypic.com/6ue6lax.gif

Cummon
19-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Dubai International Capital - the investment arm of the Dubai Government - is to launch a £500m bid to buy Liverpool Football Club.
BBC Sport understands the offer is in the process of being made to American co-owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks.

DIC was originally thought to be ready to make an offer for Hicks' 50% share, despite his insistence that he is unwilling to discuss a sale.

But DIC is now poised to make an offer for the complete buy-out of the pair.

DIC were close to buying the club in January, but pulled out when Liverpool moved into advanced negotiations with Hicks and Gillett.

But Gillett and Hicks' reign has caused turmoil on and off the pitch at Liverpool, and DIC have always maintained their interest despite the collape of the previous deal.

Gillett and Hicks are currently attempting to finalise terms on a £350m loan that would enable them to repay money borrowed for their £219m takeover, repay loans used to sign players, and enable them to start work on a re-scaled plan for a new stadium in Stanley Park.

DIC's offer will be made swiftly to present the American duo with a get-out clause before they take out the massive loan.

Hicks, in particular, is under pressure after being subjected to heavy criticism from fans following public disagreements with popular manager Rafael Benitez, and his public admission that talks had been held with Jurgen Klinsmann about possibly succeeding the Spaniard.

And Liverpool fans will turn up the heat on Gillett and Hicks with an orchestrated protest at Monday night's game against Aston Villa.

Website website Reclaim The Kop issued a statement claiming they were "not fit to be associated with our club" and banners criticising the Americans and calling on DIC to launch a bid were held aloft on The Kop during the FA Cup win against Luton.

A spokeman for the Americans said on Thursday: "Any suggestion Hicks and Gillett are contemplating a sale of the club or any portion of it is categorically untrue."

Our official website has been silent on this,think it's really happening.
Being Liverpool fans is really exciting :cool:

hotsoup16
19-01-2008, 09:23 PM
it's just the media adding oil to fire given the situation at LFC> on peronsal note, i do hope it's true and be fast enough to happen. At least DIC is super richer and the boss is a long-timed Lverpool fan. Some said it's David Moore's ego that he refused to sell LFc to non-European buyer

hawksbay
19-01-2008, 09:29 PM
bloody yanks shd jus stick to baseball,basketball or ice hockey.they r in it only to make $.they jus don t understand wat liverpool means n that goes for some of our fellow reds,some bad results n they say change the manager.so wat if we behind by 12 points there is still half way to go,yes it will be difficult but u got to stand by the team n not jus turn up when they win.

KingEros
19-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Some said it's David Moore's ego that he refused to sell LFC to non-European buyer
& I thought the whole list in today's Straits Times, of goofy quotes by Keegan over the years was funny ... :D :D

Our official website has been silent on this, think it's really happening.
There are so many versions of what is really happening ...

There're also suggestions that Hicks is the only one who is the trouble-maker.
Think about it, it has always been a straight fight between Gillette & DIC ... & the latter's bid was higher & better, which led to it being soooo close.
Then, Gillete went to rope in Hicks as a "sleeping partner" & clinched the deal ... especially when DIC pissed Moore off with that "you have until Wed to sign on the deal or it is off" ultimatum.
Unfortunately, the "sleeping partner" has decided not to keep to his part of the deal with the following misdeeds:
1) get loans under the LFC flag, instead of under their own names (as agreed between Moores & Gillette)
2) spill the beans on their meeting with Klinsmann

IMHO, the best thing to happen now ... is for DIC to buy out Hick's shares & have the club run by a collaborated effort by Gillette & DIC, to reap the following benefits:
1) we still need American expertise in the area of sports marketing - they didn't make household names worldwide, out of their sports franchising by luck.
2) we can also do with the true wealth of the Dubai royalties, who has professed to be a lifelong supporter of LFC in itself - after all, money talks in modern-day football.
3) we will be better off with a proper "check & balance" system which will not leave the fate of our beloved club in the monopolised hands of one single party.

PS: Only the Americans can come up with such brilliance ... buying out a world-renowned brand name with borrowed money. Think about it, I could have easily formed a consortium with all YNWA warriors, each taking a Easi-Credit loan from the banks. How lame can this be!!! :eek: :eek:

Cummon
19-01-2008, 11:24 PM
If the Yanks do quit, I for one would like to thank Rafa coz he started all these, dragging out the Yanks for us fans to see their true colours:D

hotsoup16
20-01-2008, 01:09 PM
& I thought the whole list in today's Straits Times, of goofy quotes by Keegan over the years was funny ...

There are so many versions of what is really happening ...

There're also suggestions that Hicks is the only one who is the trouble-maker.
Think about it, it has always been a straight fight between Gillette & DIC ... & the latter's bid was higher & better, which led to it being soooo close.
Then, Gillete went to rope in Hicks as a "sleeping partner" & clinched the deal ... especially when DIC pissed Moore off with that "you have until Wed to sign on the deal or it is off" ultimatum.
Unfortunately, the "sleeping partner" has decided not to keep to his part of the deal with the following misdeeds:
1) get loans under the LFC flag, instead of under their own names (as agreed between Moores & Gillette)
2) spill the beans on their meeting with Klinsmann

IMHO, the best thing to happen now ... is for DIC to buy out Hick's shares & have the club run by a collaborated effort by Gillette & DIC, to reap the following benefits:
1) we still need American expertise in the area of sports marketing - they didn't make household names worldwide, out of their sports franchising by luck.
2) we can also do with the true wealth of the Dubai royalties, who has professed to be a lifelong supporter of LFC in itself - after all, money talks in modern-day football.
3) we will be better off with a proper "check & balance" system which will not leave the fate of our beloved club in the monopolised hands of one single party.

PS: Only the Americans can come up with such brilliance ... buying out a world-renowned brand name with borrowed money. Think about it, I could have easily formed a consortium with all YNWA warriors, each taking a Easi-Credit loan from the banks. How lame can this be!!! :eek: :eek:

bro,
Dun 4get me when the time comes:D

coolfire69
20-01-2008, 02:55 PM
If the Yanks do quit, I for one would like to thank Rafa coz he started all these, dragging out the Yanks for us fans to see their true colours:D

That's absolutely correct bro... Rafa's already a Legend in my eyes... Now if he could win the League for us...... :D

rahl
20-01-2008, 03:10 PM

Somehow I don't think it will be so easy to 'get rid' of the Americans. There are reports of a 500m bid from DIC - will that be enough to entice them? But it will also basically destroy their business reputations in sports. So unlikely for DIC to succeed.

PS. A DIC-Gillette partnership is a recipe for disaster ;)

hotsoup16
20-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Hopefully this takeover thing could be over soon enough cos it's definitely affecting the players' on the field

KingEros
20-01-2008, 04:48 PM
But it will also basically destroy their business reputations in sports. So unlikely for DIC to succeed.
What reputation, to begin with?? :D :D
Anyway, it's only to be expected that these Yanks will make remarks like "it's the backwards European who isn't ready for their modern ways in sports marketing".
I'm not so sure the DIC bid (provided they are not trying to pull as fast one with the Yanks) will not succeed ... simply because:
1) the refinancing part has got through, plus the Yanks (specifically Hicks) are unwilling to finance with their own money
2) the 500m pound deal would still mean a handsome profit in less than a year of, "literally, contra trading"

PS. A DIC-Gillette partnership is a recipe for disaster
Pray explain why you hold this view ...
But in any case, can any combo be any worst than the Hicks-Gillette partnership?? :D :D

KingEros
20-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Hopefully this takeover thing could be over soon enough cos it's definitely affecting the players' on the field
It has been affecting the players for a long time liao ... hence, the series of misfiring draws ... thence, the water-bottle-kicking Rafa, etc
Dun forget ... if people like us get to read it, it is more than likely that the actual people in Anfield & Melwood would have heard & seen it all way before we did. :( :(

hotsoup16
20-01-2008, 08:54 PM
It has been affecting the players for a long time liao ... hence, the series of misfiring draws ... thence, the water-bottle-kicking Rafa, etc
Dun forget ... if people like us get to read it, it is more than likely that the actual people in Anfield & Melwood would have heard & seen it all way before we did. :( :(

As i said in my earlier post. I strongly support the takeover by DIC where some of them big heads are LFC fans:D

snakehead
21-01-2008, 01:00 AM
....where some of them big heads are LFC fans:D

Little Red Dot big head aka LKY is oso a liverpool fan..... scarly he order GIC or Temasek to buy over liverpool :D

Frankiestine
21-01-2008, 09:21 AM
Little Red Dot big head aka LKY is oso a liverpool fan..... scarly he order GIC or Temasek to buy over liverpool :D

is it true....old fart is a MIGHTY RED supporter? Well he better not send his DIL Ho Jinx over to the negotiation, firstly this woman got the "Medusa" touch, turns anything profitable to money losing ventures and secondly she gonna scare the living daylights out of the people there with her looks..:D

rahl
21-01-2008, 09:44 AM
[B][COLOR="royalblue"]Pray explain why you hold this view ...
But in any case, can any combo be any worst than the Hicks-Gillette partnership?? :D :D

American-Arab ownership? I'm not saying this politically but culturally there's a lot of differences in the way business is done (if Brits cannot get along with Yanks, then what chance Yanks and Arabs?). Better to have sole ownership than joint in any case. But since the situation is what it is now (i.e. shite), our own response is to play our way out of it and hope our owners have more sense than what they have shown thus far. ;)

Hellfire79
21-01-2008, 10:21 AM
American-Arab ownership? I'm not saying this politically but culturally there's a lot of differences in the way business is done (if Brits cannot get along with Yanks, then what chance Yanks and Arabs?). Better to have sole ownership than joint in any case. But since the situation is what it is now (i.e. shite), our own response is to play our way out of it and hope our owners have more sense than what they have shown thus far. ;)

I strongly agreed on ths points. Too many heads will mean too many opinions as well...then we will be practically be back to where we are now.

I just hope the team will take it in their stride, play to their best, hopefully to prove the Yanks wrong. However, we have been pretty quiet in the transfer market too...that look worrying:(

qw2op
21-01-2008, 11:47 AM
... gonna scare the living daylights out of the people there ..:D
evry dark cloud has a silver lining! ... :cool:

if ever dat happen ... (touch wood, hor! :p ... ) ... den, always hang a big portrait inside ze away team's dressing room ... :D

wolfclan
21-01-2008, 12:38 PM

if ever dat happen ... (touch wood, hor! :p ... ) ... den, always hang a big portrait inside ze away team's dressing room ... :D

this would be like 'THIS IS ANFIELD', same effect isnt it.:eek:

Frankiestine
21-01-2008, 01:09 PM

hahahaha in that case the away team balls gonna shrink not from those words immortalized by Bill Shankly but by the pictures of that creature..:p

KingEros
21-01-2008, 02:38 PM
American-Arab ownership? I'm not saying this politically but culturally there's a lot of differences in the way business is done (if Brits cannot get along with Yanks, then what chance Yanks and Arabs?). Better to have sole ownership than joint in any case.
Even if this is an Arab royalty educated to the highest level in the British way that we're talking about?? :confused:
Plus the fact that he's full of the money that would keep the brutish Yanks in their place?? :confused:

But of course, I hafta agree that sole ownership will always be better than any joint partnerships.
Just that we wun know, by being sold from one ownership to the next sole one, whether it's gonna be like from a kettle to a cooking pot. :D :D

ANDYSIAO14
21-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Aston Villa Vs Liverpool Fc (11/8/2007)

YouTube - gerrard amazing free kick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnlqk7GNV7E)

http://i31.tinypic.com/2qbaqae.gifhttp://i28.tinypic.com/2i7bmfq.gif

http://i27.tinypic.com/8w9j5w.gif

GOOD LUCK MIGHTY REDS

Cummon
22-01-2008, 07:23 AM
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard admitted the ongoing problems off the pitch are affecting the team after his side scraped a 2-2 draw at home to Aston Villa.

Peter Crouch rescued a Barclays Premier League point with a late goal at Anfield tonight. Crouch hooked in right footed from 10 yards in the the 88th minute to avert a disastrous result for under-fire manager Rafael Benitez.

Yossi Benayoun gave the Reds a 19th-minute lead but Marlon Harewood (69) and a Fabio Aurelio own goal (72) threatened to win it for Villa.

Gerrard told Setanta Sports 1: “We should win all of our home games, with the squad we’ve got. We’re disappointed with the draw but credit to Villa, they maybe deserved a point.

“It’s certainly not good enough. We’ll keep going, it (the title race) is not over until it is over. But it’s certainly not good enough.”

Asked about whether the speculation concerning the future of the club’s ownership and Benitez’s position is having an effect, Gerrard said: “It’s not just this week, it’s been going on for some time and it’s certainly not helping the players.

“I’ve got to be careful what I say about the situation but it’s certainly not helping the team.

“We know what’s going on, but as players you’ve got a job to do on the pitch and you try to put what’s going on off the pitch to the back of your mind. But sometimes it’s impossible, when it is every day.”

Going at this rate I am afraid we may not even be playing UEFA cup next season. Sad to say very likely Rafa won't be getting any more chance to see his visions realised if we don't improve our current league postion.

Alkano
22-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Another dismal performance from the once Mighty Reds....:(
Hope they settle their off and on field problems asap.
At the rate they are going....haiz.. ...heartache to see..
Don't think they can even make it to top 4.
BTW i am still selling my Liverpool 2008 Guide book.....anyone interested? :p

sex crusader
22-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Draw again!Home record?:o

Hellfire79
22-01-2008, 08:41 AM
Me din watch the match cos rushing some work...but guess the result is really going to impact us if we cant start to produce good result.

We may even have an issue of trying to squeezing into the top 4, let alone being aiming for the title. The off field incident are really hurting us...

Saw news in this morning that the Yanks deny having intention to sell the club away...damn sian.....When will we really get out of all this????:mad:

rahl
22-01-2008, 08:52 AM
Result disappointing but I was pleased with our performance but once again not good enough for title contenders.

Anyway the match was all about the Yanks, at least to the crowd. Check out some of the songs and chants:

Tune: (with old words - YouTube - Liverpool Football Club 'Is In The Wrong Hands' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUnjnZayMTk) )

They don't care about Rafa
They don't care about fans
Liverpool Football Club
Is in the wrong hands

Tune: Same as "We're not English We are Scouse"

Get the Yanks out
Get the Yanks out
Get the Yanks out of our club

Tune: YouTube - Liverpool vs Brighton and Hove Albion 1983 5th Round FA Cup (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5xj0WC0fE8) (30 seconds in)

Fuck off Foster
Fuck off Foster
Fuck off Foster

Tune: "We've won it 5 times"

Get out of our club
Get out of our club
You lying bastard
Get out of our club

Tune: YouTube - The Dambusters (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3tF-iLP8Oo)

We all hate Yanks and Yanks and Yanks
Yanks and Yanks and Yanks and Yanks
Yanks and Yanks and Yanks
We all fucking hate Yanks…

Tune: I think we all know this one

You're not fit to
You're not fit to
You're not fit to run our club
You're not fit to run our club

evilspawnsss
22-01-2008, 09:49 AM
:( wat wrong with REDS leh?at home oso draw >.< Aston Villia strong but we shd b stronger..chances of catching up is very very low liao... haiz...

Cum_Luver
22-01-2008, 11:17 AM
yah lor, another 2 pts lost...a very disappointed performance...
with all the distraction and uncertainy, maybe it will be good if Dubai Consortium really buy over and complete the deal soon...

hope we can bounce back... :confused:

ANDYSIAO14
22-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Even if carra said earlier that the outside world(news of Yanks bla bla DIC bla bla, Klmanns bla bla) DOES NOT BOTHER THE PLAYERS ,
i bet every time they walk into the anfield pitch,
they are under pressure as not to lose the game and not to see rafa kana chopped...

the concentration AND the mentality after the yanks incident really caused some shit among their brains...
we r not stupid too...
imagine when u are at work, ur general manager whom u love to work with and had work for many many many many years suddenly or almost about to kana chopped by the CEO or the management about to have a new shareholder :mad:, what do u tink? CAN u stop thinking or just said -- argghh, as long as my rice bowl nobody touch enuff said.. :eek:

the once quoted - a scouser for life ; surely u will have ur mentality tested after all this incident rite..
and we all waiting all this negative news to die down then only we get to see the mighty reds at their best...

even gerrard unsettled by the speculations...
ESPNsoccernet - England - click here for Gerrard unsettling isues (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=233748&cc=4716#quotes)

good luck..my opinion http://i27.tinypic.com/10zv334.gif

Frankiestine
22-01-2008, 11:42 AM
hai work up just gum to see AV equalize the first goal...then see them take the lead thru own goal....but panjang still got it in him despite not playing regularly...just dun understand why Benitez insist on starting Kyut most of the time...true he got a high work rate but he beginning to look like another Baros type..running around aimlessly like a headless chicken..:mad:

evilspawnsss
22-01-2008, 12:58 PM
just dun understand why Benitez insist on starting Kyut most of the time...true he got a high work rate but he beginning to look like another Baros type..running around aimlessly like a headless chicken..:mad:

Ya ya agree..seem long time he have score..Babel is much more better den him..home oso draw -_-" dun say wan catch up the leader..scare even lose 4th placing to arch rival Everton or others..

wolfclan
22-01-2008, 04:39 PM
not sure if the below news can cheer up you guys a little bit....

AMERICANS SUFFER REFINANCING SETBACK

Already destabilised by speculation that their two American owners are considering selling the club, Liverpool are set to be plunged into fresh turmoil amid reports that George Gillett and Tom Hicks have suffered a setback in their refinancing plans.

The pair are understood to be struggling to secure the loan they require to pay back the original loan with which they bought the club last February. The Daily Telegraph claims that the 'refinancing deal is on the verge of collapse' while The Times claims that 'sources in the City believe that the Americans' regime is crumbling by the day.'

The news will not be met with disappointment by the club's supporters who made their antipathy with the American regime loud and clear during Monday night's game with Aston Villa. 'They don't care about Rafa, they don't care about fans, Liverpool Football Club Is in the wrong hands,' was one of the few printable ditties sung by the Kop.

Were Hicks and Gillett to be thwarted in their plans then the pair may conclude they have no choice but to sell their club to the Dubai-based DIC group.

'Time is running out for the Americans to conclude the loan agreement. Contrary to reports that they had until the end of February to sign the deal, it is now understood their one-year loan with RBS expires in just under two weeks,' reports The Telegraph.

Speculation was rife at the weekend that DIC had formally bid £500m for the Anfield club. However, is now believed that the offer was informal and only in the region of £300m - prompting Hicks to issue a defiant statement announcing he had no intention of selling his stake.

just got it off from football365.....

wolfclan
22-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Ya ya agree..seem long time he have score..Babel is much more better den him..home oso draw -_-" dun say wan catch up the leader..scare even lose 4th placing to arch rival Everton or others..

saw the game, thought liverpool was playing ok, did not see villa have any threat, then suddenly 2 goals from villa......really dunno wats happening....

DK....well, he always seem to be running and chasing ard, but rarely gets into those shooting position, or when he is there, the ball will end up being a 3pointer.....not sure is it due to lack of confidence or wat.....

Himerus
22-01-2008, 08:28 PM
bro wolfclan,

now really hope that Dubai consortium will buy over from Gillets and Hicks..
we need some cash injection badly...
another 2 pts dropped from home...sianzzz

Regaine
22-01-2008, 10:56 PM
:( wat wrong with REDS leh?at home oso draw >.< Aston Villia strong but we shd b stronger..chances of catching up is very very low liao... haiz...

I agree Liverpool should be stronger. But I guess the rotation system again failed.Time for changes. I'm afraid if this continues we will be even out of Champions League and might even have to fight for the fourth spot in the primere's league.:mad::(

sex crusader
23-01-2008, 12:17 AM
Bro, i share your sentinments. But be prepared to be bombared by some experts who are supportive of the rotation system.

picu
23-01-2008, 01:28 AM
I agree Liverpool should be stronger. But I guess the rotation system again failed.Time for changes. I'm afraid if this continues we will be even out of Champions League and might even have to fight for the fourth spot in the primere's league.:mad::(

Bro, i share your sentinments. But be prepared to be bombared by some experts who are supportive of the rotation system.

The team against Villa is as follows:
Jose Reina, Alvaro Arbeloa, Fabio Aurelio, Jamie Carragher, Sami Hyypia, Yossi Benayoun, Steven Gerrard, Harry Kewell, Javier Mascherano, Dirk Kuyt and Fernando Torres

May I ask from the 2 bros above that I quoted, how different your team would be?

wolfclan
23-01-2008, 08:18 AM
bro wolfclan,

now really hope that Dubai consortium will buy over from Gillets and Hicks..
we need some cash injection badly...
another 2 pts dropped from home...sianzzz

yes disappointed, should have won more games at anfield, sighz.....

we need cash, but more urgent is to have a owner who is not in it for the $$....fxxx those yanks....promised so much, new stadium, more $$ for transfer, in the end....where is the stadium???

i certainly hope they fail in the loan re-structuring bid, and being force to sell.
dun think they are serious in making liverpool a greater club.

Alkano
23-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Based on the currently situation, i think it is best the consortium comes in and buy over the stakes at Pool.
The yanks got no bloody idea on how to run the club.
Don't want a good club "destroyed" in the hands of the yanks.
As for Rafa rotation system, i still do not agree.
Why would you want to break up a winning team?
Everyone is eager to play and perform....
Tiredness and fresh legs??....cmon these players are professionals...
Hope they pick themselves up soon and play good football..

rahl
23-01-2008, 09:22 AM
we need cash, but more urgent is to have a owner who is not in it for the $$....fxxx those yanks....promised so much, new stadium, more $$ for transfer, in the end....where is the stadium???

Yup, it's not about more money, it's stability that we need, instead of all these idiotic press releases and rumours about financing.

rahl
23-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Jose Reina, Alvaro Arbeloa, Fabio Aurelio, Jamie Carragher, Sami Hyypia, Yossi Benayoun, Steven Gerrard, Harry Kewell, Javier Mascherano, Dirk Kuyt and Fernando Torres

May I ask from the 2 bros above that I quoted, how different your team would be?

Thumbs up!! :D

evilspawnsss
23-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Acutally the team is no much rotation already..that wat i feel la..but jus something is not right..its seem like since Rafa take over..his season is chasing for 4th spot -_-" .Not i say he not good..jus tt..something is not rite.. haiz...:(

wolfclan
23-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Yup, it's not about more money, it's stability that we need, instead of all these idiotic press releases and rumours about financing.

totally agreed on the point, without stability, we will not achieve anything, and they thought they can pull a fast one by mentioning they indeed approach JK, dun think they know what they are doing, lots of rubbish.

Cummingliao
23-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Pls concentrate especially on the last three paragraphs on the following news link.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Liverpool | Liverpool duo bank on £350m loan (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7203724.stm)

This fucker must not continue to own this beloved club of ours. We will only suffer under him.

KingEros
23-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Since we haven't been winning much lately, shouldn't Rafa be more than justified to change his teams on a regular basis ... going by your argument??

Come on, when teams play against the so-called Big Four ... mentally, they get more motivated while tactically, they park a bus in front of the goal.
If your squad (of 20 players) are all experienced internationals with their own strengths/weaknesses ... why wouldnt you wanna keep the opponent guessing who you gonna be using??
Of course, the premise here is that ALL these experienced internationals are not too much different in terms of ability & form.

Tiredness and fresh legs??.... cmon these players are professionals...
What's the big deal about them being professionals??
They're still very much humans & not machines, no??

Sure, every one of them is gonna be eager to play in every single game ... else, what's the point of training so hard day in, day out??
To say they are eager to perform in every game ... that I'm very sure too BUT the issue is CAN THEY??

Let me provide a layman analogy & try to make you (& others) understand the situation better ...
You have a big fat prick ... your wife/girlfriend has sung praises of your sexual ability in your entire life.
Now, I organise an event to break a world record ... a record of most continuous daily fucks, under the condition that you must come at least 2 times within 1.5 hours (with a 15-min interval in between) to be considered as "1 fuck per day".

What is the best you think you can achieve?? In other words, how many continuous days of "come at least 2 times within 1.5 hours (with a 15-min interval in between)" do you think you can perform??

On the contrary, if I were to rope in another guy with a big fat prick just like you ... & let you guys take on the girls on alternate days, ie you now get a rest in between.
Dun you think the record of "most continuous daily fucks" will now be much much longer ... than your first attempt??

Under Rafa's so-called rotation system, there are still more than a few untouchables ... think Reina, Arbeloa, Carra, Stevie G, Torres, etc.
So does he really change his team just for the sake of it?? Or does he change his team just becoz some fengshui master say so??

Using the same analogy ... the problem facing Rafa is this:
1) your partner with the big fat prick ... when behind closed doors, he actually has momentary erectile problems
2) your partner with the big fat prick ... is not happy you get to fuck the babe yesterday while he gets to fuck the auntie today

Think more of you can understand the true problem now ... but even if not, I dare say you have had a good laugh too. :D :D

SKILLFULL LICK
23-01-2008, 02:08 PM

Even rafa himself is clueless about his best starting 11 and formation:)
Based on the currently situation, i think it is best the consortium comes in and buy over the stakes at Pool.
The yanks got no bloody idea on how to run the club.
Don't want a good club "destroyed" in the hands of the yanks.
Tiredness and fresh legs??....cmon these players are professionals...
Hope they pick themselves up soon and play good football..

Bro,if the yanks really know Lfc inside out and got the idea of running the club,1st of all u think rafa still around??i dont think so:confused:

KingEros
23-01-2008, 02:09 PM

While my good "adversary of a friend" has given you the thumbs up ... for representing yourself well, just like any duly knowledgeable Koppite, I also wanna point out that you should not waste too much time seeking the answers to your quesion.

Simply put, I am very sure you will get only one response ... albeit one which will indeed show that there is really nothing too much different that could have been done.

On the other hand, there will be one who will remain silent.
At best, he'd be parroting noises to divert attention ... not becoz he's snobbish or arrogant like me, but becoz he is incapable of putting into legible words what arguments is revolving in his own head.
But then again, what can be expected of a person who can't even get his own signature right??

ENJOY ... I know how.
ENVOY ... I know what.
ENKOY ... very very cheem. :D :D :D

Exciter101
23-01-2008, 03:16 PM
I agree with bro Alkano on the rotation system.
Take a very good look at Arsenal and Man U.
Do you see them rotate that much?!?
A good team need time to gel and play as a team.
Meaning enough playing time together and understand each other style of play.
No headless chickens running around the shop.
I do hope they can put aside the outside interferences and get on with the game.

KingEros
23-01-2008, 05:04 PM
2 reasons why they appear not to rotate that much:
a) they are rich enough to buy more international stars which make it to their list of untouchables.
b) the gap between their first-stringers & their back-benchers is a rather great divide, unlike ours.

Critical thing is ... they still rotate, dun they??
But do they get criticised as much as Rafa gets whacked?? :eek:

I've said this before ...
These players are not Sunday League players like you & I, who meet up only on match-days itself to play, hoping that things will go our way becoz we all said a prayer together at the centre of the pitch before kick-off.
There are professionals ... they train 6 times a week, doing things related to how the manager/coach wants them to play. They practise the set-pieces & they practise the set-pieces again. They play 5-a-side games & they play 5-a-side games again.
This is still not enough to ensure they know what they are supposed to do on the pitch?? ;)

Seems like most of you dun realise one thing ...
Unlike most English coaches, Rafa is a typical continental coach ... meaning his methodology is totally reliant on science. When he choose his eleven for each match, the following are considered:
1) what is the strength of the opponents?
2) what are the weaknesses of the opponents?
3) what are the readings from this week's training ... ie, fitness, speed, power?
4) any game of greater importance coming up within the next 5-7 days?

Exciter101
23-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Then kindly explain why the hell they keep losing to teams when they should be winning!!!!
No answer, right?
There are things which we can't explain, let alone explain by you...
There is no point keep saying good things about Liverpool when there is actually a problem there!!!
Cmon they bought Torres, right?

Exciter101
23-01-2008, 06:03 PM
As quoted by Peter Crouch :
"That result was the latest in a bad run at Anfield this season as the Reds have failed to turn some lavish summer spending into a marked improvement in the league.
'We've got a good set of players here. Whether it's good enough to win the title, I don't know, but we certainly should be doing better than the position we are in right now.' "

This is straight from the horse mouth. :D

KingEros
23-01-2008, 07:12 PM
Then kindly explain why the hell they keep losing to teams when they should be winning!!!!
No answer, right?
Which planet were you on when the Yanks undermined the club ... from Rafa right down to every other players' rice bowl??

If there're talks of retrenchment in your company ... how would you react??
While sweating through your balls, wun you also come out & assure your fellow workers that everything will be ok soon, since you guys still receive your pay each month??

As quoted by Peter Crouch:
"That result was the latest in a bad run at Anfield this season as the Reds have failed to turn some lavish summer spending into a marked improvement in the league.
'We've got a good set of players here. Whether it's good enough to win the title, I don't know, but we certainly should be doing better than the position we are in right now.' "

This is straight from the horse mouth. :D
Yes, Peter Crouch ... someone who has dropped down the pecking order in the LFC forward line, thanks to the summer signings whether lavish (Torres & Babel) or not (Benayoun & Voronin).

Horse's mouth??
IMHO, more like sour grapes ... ;)

rahl
23-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Let me provide a layman analogy & try to make you (& others) understand the situation better ...
You have a big fat prick ... your wife/girlfriend has sung praises of your sexual ability in your entire life.
Now, I organise an event to break a world record ... a record of most continuous daily fucks, under the condition that you must come at least 2 times within 1.5 hours (with a 15-min interval in between) to be considered as "1 fuck per day".

What is the best you think you can achieve?? In other words, how many continuous days of "come at least 2 times within 1.5 hours (with a 15-min interval in between)" do you think you can perform??

On the contrary, if I were to rope in another guy with a big fat prick just like you ... & let you guys take on the girls on alternate days, ie you now get a rest in between.
Dun you think the record of "most continuous daily fucks" will now be much much longer ... than your first attempt??

Truly a Pool fan cum samster - only you can mix football and fucking together! :D

And why the hell aren't you taking your on advice bro - namely not to respond to the rotation posts heheh. :D

KingEros
23-01-2008, 09:37 PM
And why the hell aren't you taking your own advice bro - namely not to respond to the rotation posts heheh.
Perhaps becoz I'm still a human with more-than-just-occasional weaknesses?? ;)

But seriously, I just can't take it sitting down ... the whole weekend, everybody was up in arms in unison about how the Yanks have screwed the club up ... then, becoz the game ended up in an unfortunate & soul-less** draw, it turned into the same old tune of it being Rafa's fault, to begin with - even to the extent of something like we need the Yanks to kick Rafa out. OMG!!! :eek:

** I call it soul-less becoz this match was one where Gerrard & Torres were both not at their best ... one where Hyypia was playing in one of his best game this season, reading & breaking almost every marauding move feted out by Villa.
In the end, it was 2 set-pieces which got turned into killer goals for Villa ... which can be traced to 2 moments of lapse in concentration, during our usually impregnable zonal defence system.
Sometimes, I wonder how much does this lot understand about football ... besides what is being lauded in the press. Talk about headless chickens. :D :D

Cummingliao
23-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Sickening if it's true.

Tom Hicks and George Gillett close to new deal - Football News - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml;jsessionid=MEHM1NRSIQ3W1QFIQMGCFF4AVCBQ UIV0?xml=/sport/2008/01/23/sfnliv223.xml)

icLiverpool - Liverpool FC refinancing deal will go ahead says Tom Hicks (http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/tm_headline=liverpool-fc-refinancing-deal-will-go-ahead-says-tom-hicks%26method=full%26objectid=20384476%26siteid=5 0061-name_page.html)

Regaine
23-01-2008, 09:42 PM

Well they have to be realistic when the results speak for themselves. We use to be invincible at Anfield . Now not anymore. Weaker teams coming to Anfield will try to get at least a point from Liverpool.At the rate we are going we are getting further away from the top two teams.:(

Regaine
23-01-2008, 09:45 PM

I would have choose some players like Finian , Risse , Babel , Pennant and Alonso. with a 4-4-2 system.

Regaine
23-01-2008, 09:48 PM
yes disappointed, should have won more games at anfield, sighz.....

i certainly hope they fail in the loan re-structuring bid, and being force to sell.
dun think they are serious in making liverpool a greater club.

What we need is a stable team. Always play your proven best 11. In fact this season we have a very good pool of players. But why are we still performing so badly.:confused::eek:

Regaine
23-01-2008, 09:51 PM
I agree with bro Alkano on the rotation system.
No headless chickens running around the shop.
I do hope they can put aside the outside interferences and get on with the game.

Bro exactly what I've been saying all along. If Rafa's so-called famous rotation system don't work, he could be on the way out. Imagine right now he is surviving on the outcome of every match. Not very healthy for him is it?

sex crusader
23-01-2008, 10:32 PM
When i was praising babel earlier, some so called 'expert' has played him down . But then hor,one of his post talking about him wor.Then he switched his focus to personal attack.I'm also with you on sticking with the winning formula. The funny thing was ,he said other team like man u also rotate their players. But the fact is they are winning games not liverpool.

KingEros
23-01-2008, 10:45 PM
This is the team played by Wenger in the 2nd leg of the Carling Cup Semi-Finals ... ie, 1 step away from a cup final, albeit the most unimportant one in ALL English domestic competitions:

GK: Fabianski
DF: Gallas, Hoyte, Sagna, Traore
MF: Gilberto, Denilson, Diaby, Hleb
FW: Bendtner, Walcott

Subs: Mannone, Fabregas, Flamini, Adebayor, Eduardo

You say they dun rotate?
That they did it so close to a final appearance ... & that it backfired, has there been any condemnation of Wenger's "strange" decision??

On the contrary, not only did Wenger's decision to rotate not get any bad press, this shock result was actually accredited to a magnificent Spurs performance, led by a virtuoso commander called Juande Ramos!!! :eek:

rahl
24-01-2008, 08:12 AM
But seriously, I just can't take it sitting down ... the whole weekend, everybody was up in arms in unison about how the Yanks have screwed the club up ... then, becoz the game ended up in an unfortunate & soul-less** draw, it turned into the same

Sad to say that's what it is these days, one week you are a hero, the next a villain. And vice versa.

There are people still on this board going on about the same old chestnut, without ever giving any evidence.

I'm just looking forward to the next match and try to enjoy the football. ;)

rahl
24-01-2008, 08:14 AM
On the contrary, not only did Wenger's decision to rotate not get any bad press, this shock result was actually accredited to a magnificent Spurs performance, led by a virtuoso commander called Juande Ramos!!! :eek:

Wenger and Fergie get away with everything, one cos of his so called intellectual status and the other cos he is knighted or something heheh. This is not condemning either manager, but the press and pundits!

Alkano
24-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Wenger and Fergie get away with everything, one cos of his so called intellectual status and the other cos he is knighted or something heheh. This is not condemning either manager, but the press and pundits!

Getting away with it is one thing but consistently producing results is another.
This is where Rafa failed.
He needs to learn from the best and not grumbling so much on the transfer fee available.

lls8
24-01-2008, 02:24 PM
A Liverpool fan, an Arsenal fan and a Man Utd fans' last wish

A Liverpool fan, an Arsenal fan and a Man Utd. were all in
Saudi Arabia, sharing a smuggled crate of booze.

All of a sudden Saudi police rushed in and arrested them.
The mere possession of alcohol is a severe offence in
Saudi Arabia, so for the terrible crime of actually being
caught consuming the booze,
they were sentenced to death!

However, after many months and with the help of
very good lawyers,
they were able to successfully appeal their sentence
down to life imprisonment.

By a stroke of luck, it was a Saudi national holiday the day
their trial finished, and the extremely benevolent Sheikh
decided they could be released after receiving just 20 lashes
each of the whip.

As they were preparing for their punishment,
the Sheikh suddenly said: "It's my first wife's birthday today,
and she has asked me to allow each of you one
wish before your whipping."

The Arsenal fan was first in line
(he had drunk the least),
so he thought about this for a while and then said:
Please tie a pillow to my back."
This was done, but the pillow only lasted 10 lashes
before the whip went through.
The Arsenal fan had to be carried away bleeding and
crying with pain when the punishment was done.

The Man Utd. fan was next up
(he almost finished a half-can),
and after watching the scene, said:
"Choice! Please fix two pillows on my back."
But even two pillows could only take 15 lashes
before the whip went through again.

The Liverpool fan was the last one up
(he had finished off the crate),
but before he could say anything,
the Sheikh turned to him and said:
"You are from a most beautiful part of the world,
your city has some of the best and
most loyal football fans in the world.
For this, you may have two wishes!"

"Cheers mate, your Most Royal and Merciful highness",
The Liverpool fan replies.

"In recognition of your kindness, my first wish is that
you give me not 20, but 100 lashes."

"Not only are you an honourable, handsome and
powerful man, you are also very brave.

"The Sheik says with an admiring look on his face.
"If 100 lashes is what you desire, then so be it.

And your second wish? What is it to be?" the Sheik asks.

"Please tie the Man Utd. fan to my back."...................!!!!!!! :P

:lol:

paullee_9991
24-01-2008, 02:26 PM
COME and join forces with the REDS.

S3vw
24-01-2008, 05:51 PM
a piece of new:

FERGIE SLAMS ANFIELD OWNERS

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has spoken in defence of his Liverpool counterpart Rafael Benitez by suggesting the Anfield club's owners have undermined him.

Benitez's position has been the subject of speculation in the past two months amid reports his relationship with American co-chairmen George Gillett and Tom Hicks has broken down.

The problems heightened last week when Hicks admitted he had spoken to former Germany manager Jurgen Klinsmann as an "insurance policy" should Benitez leave the club.

Speaking from Saudi Arabia where United are on a short winter tour,

Ferguson said: "At big clubs, it's absolutely paramount that the board show their class.

"Arsene Wenger has had great support at Arsenal and I've had great support, too, ever since I came here. So there's a certain type of unity there.

"What happened with [Klinsmann] was a bad piece of business on Liverpool's part, there's no doubt about that. That sort of thing can be very upsetting for a manager. You should allow a manager to get on with his job."

League Managers Association chief executive Richard Bevan revealed his organisation had offered "advice, support and encouragement " to Benitez.

Gillett and Hicks have also angered supporters with their treatment of the Spaniard but the Americans themselves have also been the subject of rumours with the investment arm of the Dubai government thought to be interested in buying their stake.

The club's immediate future could become clearer this week with Gillett and Hicks poised to announce ?50million re-financing of the funds they used to buy the club. That would allow the pair, who have insisted they intend to remain in charge, to press ahead with plans for a new stadium.

Regaine
24-01-2008, 08:52 PM
When i was praising babel earlier, some so called 'expert' has played him down . But then hor,one of his post talking about him wor.Then he switched his focus to personal attack.I'm also with you on sticking with the winning formula. The funny thing was ,he said other team like man u also rotate their players. But the fact is they are winning games not liverpool.

Yes babel will be in time to come the next Henry . Imagine him with Torres. Now that so-called senoir dare not talk about roation in Liverpool. Agreed that other teams also do rotation only when they have no choice. Those teams only do about 2 rotations. But Liverpool still tops the best . 5 to 6 players in any one game.:eek: No wonder they can't pass the ball and can't win the game. As a die hard Liverpool fan, I like to see our team winning and winning in style. I believe now we are out of the title race. And have to even fight for the 4th spot. Rafa should realise that by now his rotation had cost Liverpool a lot of points. We have earned the title of king of draws. Very sad time for Liverpool. I hope they can sort out their problems soon and get on with the game of winning.:(

Regaine
24-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Getting away with it is one thing but consistently producing results is another.
This is where Rafa failed.
He needs to learn from the best and not grumbling so much on the transfer fee available.

He has been in the England for about 3 years now if I not wrong.he still hasn't learnt anything about the game. Again I must say he is only good for Champions League. I think he needs to be rotated as well and take responsibility.:mad:

hawksbay
24-01-2008, 10:10 PM
He has been in the England for about 3 years now if I not wrong.he still hasn't learnt anything about the game. Again I must say he is only good for Champions League. I think he needs to be rotated as well and take responsibility.:mad:

i jus don t understand u guys y is it always rafa s fault,y don t u fault the players he put out week in week out.u guys talk abt rotation but there 10international players out there most of the time,if they r gd enough for thier respective national teams then they shd be gd enough to the job week in week out.changing the manager is all nonsense.

ANDYSIAO14
24-01-2008, 10:49 PM
WHO ARE HAVANT AND WATERLOOVILLE?

http://i30.tinypic.com/izurt3.jpg

MANAGER

Shaun Gale: The boss (Runs Sportswear Business)

GOALKEEPERS

Kevin Scriven: First-choice (Property developer in family business)

Tom Taylor: deputy (Plumber/barman)

DEFENDERS

Neil Sharp: Centre Back (Courier Driver for Lynx UPS)

Justin Gregory: Left back (Studying sports therapy at Chichester University)

Jay Smith: Centre back (Quantity Surveyor in Surrey/Middlesex)

Phil Warner: Centre back (Works for a plumbing company)

Shaun Wilkinson: Right back (Works for Father's lagging firm IMI Insulations)

Brett Poate: Left back (Plasterer)

MIDFIELDERS

Jamie Collins: Central midfield and Captain (Football coach for primary school pupils in West London)

Mo Harkin: Right midfielder (Gas Boiler Engineer servicing Twickenham / Richmond area of London)

Michael McEnery: Right midfielder (Student)

Charlie Oatway: Central midfielder and Assistant manager (Brighton & Hove Albion Community Officer)

Alfie Potter: Right midfield (Professional Footballer - on loan from Peterborough)

Tony Taggart: Left/Right midifielder (Dustbin Man)

FORWARDS

Rocky Baptiste: Forward (Studying to be a London taxi driver)

Richard Pacquette: Forward (School Caretaker / Monitor and school football coach)

Jamie Slabber: Forward (Formerly a full time footballer currently unemployed)

Craig Watkins: Forward (Student)

http://i28.tinypic.com/25q7rc2.gifALL I CAN SAY IS ANOTHER 5-0 AWAITS THEM http://i28.tinypic.com/25q7rc2.gif

KingEros
25-01-2008, 12:19 AM
Getting away with it is one thing but consistently producing results is another. This is where Rafa failed.

Let's just look at the facts:

ALEX FERGUSON became the manager of MUFC in 86 ... now, he is the most successful & longest serving in MUFC's history.

He was one match from being sacked in Jan 90, after WINNING NOTHING IN HIS FIRST 3 SEASONS!!
Fortunately for him (& the scums), MUFC won that 3rd round cup-tie 1-0 against Forest ... a cup win which has often been cited as the match which saved Ferguson's Old Trafford career.
Incidentally, they went on to win the FA Cup against Palace that season (3–3 in the final & 1-0 in the replay).
THAT'S 4 SEASONS BEFORE HE WON HIS FIRST DOMESTIC TROPHY FOR MUFC!!!
Despite the cheers, they still ended up a disappointing 13th in the league!!!

In his 5th season (90-91), they were still inconsistent and finished sixth. They reached the League Cup final, but lost 0–1 to Wednesday.
They also reached the final of the European Cup Winners' Cup, beating Barcelona in the final.
THAT'S 5 SEASONS BEFORE HE WON HIS FIRST EUROPEAN TROPHY FOR MUFC, albeit in the 2nd class European competition.

After the match, Ferguson announced to journalists that MUFC would win the league the following season.
It was a brave prediction, considering that the club had failed to do so since 1967.
In the end, Ferguson won MUFC their first league title only in 92-93 ... THAT'S 7 SEASONS BEFORE HE WON HIS FIRST PREMIER LEAGUE FOR MUFC, a 26-year wait for MUFC die-hards!!!

At the end of 98-99, his team luckily won against Bayern in the Champions League final ... THAT'S 13 SEASONS BEFORE HE WON HIS ONLY CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOR MUFC!!!

More importantly, Ferguson has since surpassed Paisley to become the most successful manager in the history of English football ... winning 9 Premier Leagues by 06-07 - BUT ONLY BECOZ MUFC STOOD BY HIM FOR 21 SEASONS, noting that his 8th league title was actually won in 02-03!!!

In other words, even YOUR SO-CALLED BEST HAD TO GO ON FOR 4 CONTINUOUS SEASONS WITHOUT WINNING THE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!
Also, THROUGHOUT HIS 21 SEASONS, THERE WERE 8 TROPHYLESS SEASONS ... a hit rate of 0.62!!!

ARSENE WENGER became the manager of Arsenal in 96 ... now, he is the most successful & longest serving in Arsenal's history.

Yes, Wenger won both the Premier League & the FA Cup in 97-98 ... HIS 2ND SEASON IN CHARGE!!!

But after that flash in the pan, HE HAD 3 TROPHYLESS SEASONS TOO, albeit near misses:
98-99 ... 2nd in Premier League & FA Cup semi-finalist
99-00 ... 2nd in Premier League & UEFA Cup finalist
00-01 ... 2nd in Premier League & FA Cup finalist

Then, he won the domestic double again in 01-02 ... HIS 6TH SEASON IN CHARGE!!!
Then, he had 3 winning seasons as follows:
02-03 ... FA Cup
03-04 ... Premier League
04-05 ... FA Cup

Since then, he has had another 2 barren seasons:
05-06 ... Champions League finalist
06-07 ... League Cup finalist

In other words, YOUR OTHER SO-CALLED BEST HAS YET TO WIN A SINGLE EUROPEAN TROPHY!!!
Also, THROUGHOUT HIS 11 SEASONS, THERE WERE 6 TROPHYLESS SEASONS ... a hit-rate of 0.45!!!

He has been in the England for about 3 years now if I not wrong. he still hasn't learnt anything about the game. Again I must say he is only good for Champions League. I think he needs to be rotated as well and take responsibility. :mad:

Let's look at facts again ...

RAFA BENITEZ became the manager of Liverpool in 04 ... IT IS MY PERSONAL WISH TO SEE HIM BECOME THE MOST SUCCESSFUL & LONGEST SERVING IN LIVERPOOL'S HISTORY.

Rafa won the Champions League in 04-05 ... HIS 1ST SEASON IN CHARGE!!!
Rafa won the FA Cup in 05-06 ... HIS 2ND SEASON IN CHARGE!!!

Yes, he is after all still human ... & HAD 1 TROPHYLESS SEASON SO FAR, albeit a near miss:
06-07 ... Champions League finalist

Sure, Rafa hasn't brought home the Premier League yet ... but so has 4 other managers not, over a span of 17 seasons!!!
In fact, these 4 ex-managers only managed the following wins during their respective reigns:
Ronnie Moran (2 months) ... nothing
Graeme Souness (2.5 seasons) ... 1 FA Cup
Roy Evans (3.5 seasons) ... 1 League Cup
Gerard Houllier (6 seasons) ... 1 UEFA Cup, 1 FA Cup & 2 League Cups (with all 3 won in 00-01, it means he had 4 trophyless seasons!!!).

In comparison to the best, RAFA ONLY HAD 1 TROPHYLESS SEASON, OUT OF 3 SO FAR ... a hit-rate of 0.67!!!
In terms of win percentage, he stands at 56.54% so far ... inferior only to Paisley (57.38%) & Dalglish (60.91%) in LFC's history!!!

Facts dun lie ... if Rafa is given the time like Ferguson & Wenger got (plus the full backing consistently from the board too), I'm sure my personal wish will be materialise as an eventuality.

KingEros
25-01-2008, 12:25 AM
i jus don t understand u guys y is it always rafa s fault, y don t u fault the players he put out week in week out. u guys talk abt rotation but there 10international players out there most of the time, if they r gd enough for thier respective national teams then they shd be gd enough to the job week in week out. changing the manager is all nonsense.
On behalf of my "adversary of a friend", THUMBS UP to you. :D

ANDYSIAO14
25-01-2008, 12:30 AM
Facts dun lie ... if Rafa is given the time like Ferguson & Wenger got (plus the full backing consistently from the board too),
I'm sure my personal wish will be materialise as an eventuality.

After reading the facts up there...

Yes!!
You correct!!
Facts dont lie!!http://i28.tinypic.com/dng9r4.gifhttp://i28.tinypic.com/dng9r4.gif

picu
25-01-2008, 01:07 AM
I would have choose some players like Finian , Risse , Babel , Pennant and Alonso. with a 4-4-2 system.

And you are 100% sure that your team would have gotten all 3 points against Villa? Considering that Risse is not in his best of form lately, and Pennant and Alonso is still not back to full fitness from injuries.

Let's just look at the facts:

Facts dun lie ... if Rafa is given the time like Ferguson & Wenger got (plus the full backing consistently from the board too), I'm sure my personal wish will be materialise as an eventuality.

Kudos to your detailed analysis!!! :D

Cummon
25-01-2008, 07:03 AM
Liverpool's American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett have completed the £350m refinancing deal to secure their Anfield future, BBC Sport understands.

The financial package is expected to help the duo repay money borrowed for their £218.9m takeover in March 2007.

It also means that the club can finally launch their long-awaited plan for a new stadium at Stanley Park.

BBC sports editor Mihir Bose said £60m of the package will provide the start-up money for the new ground.

The deal, which is expected to be announced on Friday, is seen as a reaffirmation of Hicks's determination to remain at Anfield along with co-owner Gillett, despite interest from Dubai International Capital (DIC).

Hicks will also feel he will be in a stronger position should he decide to sell in the future, dealing a blow to DIC's hopes of mounting a swift bid to take control at Anfield.

The American pair were the target of crowd demonstrations from Liverpool supporters unhappy with their regime during Monday's televised game against Aston Villa, with banners calling for DIC to mount a bid.

But Hicks, in particular, remained defiant in the face of protests and insisted he had no intention of selling his 50% share in the club.

We just watched how the angry Taiwanese throw President Ah Bian's DPP into abandon with their votes but it seems that there is not much Pool supporters can do to force G & H out of our beloved club other than 'begging' DIC to make a bid ?
What's the point of talking on the good or bad of rotation when we don't even know if there is a change of manager or owner,or both in the near future :o

wolfclan
25-01-2008, 07:33 AM

In between, if I am not wrong, tat knight of scrums have to rebuild his team over and over again for the first seasons. And if not wrong it was only after they bought in gary palli, and few others did they actually win the league.

As for Arsene, when he came in, Denis Berg was already bought in for a seaon, and he still have the 4 defenders who were playing together since graham george, so he also had a stable and reliable defence when he came in.

I won't say Rafa's rotation is correct, but if the so called first 11 are played week in week out, and if someone in those 11 got injury, lets say out for few weeks, dun you need other players to come in? And won't those so called first 11 be tired? remember, nowadays games are played faster, and also the players run more, its not logically to expect same 11 players week in week out. Also is it possible to substain the form for such a long run?

Anyway I dun believe even if the same 11 players played in all the games, Liverpool will be top of table currently, as there are alot other factors coming into play. Dun forget the 6-0 win against derby, Steven Gerrard was not in the team. Maybe if he plays the score will be higher, but then it might not too.

At the end of the day, be it rotation or no rotation, the players being played just have to perform. if they dun, then both the manager and players got to take responsibility, and not just the manager.

rahl
25-01-2008, 09:12 AM
i jus don t understand u guys y is it always rafa s fault,y don t u fault the players he put out week in week out.u guys talk abt rotation but there 10international players out there most of the time,if they r gd enough for thier respective national teams then they shd be gd enough to the job week in week out.changing the manager is all nonsense.

Anyway I dun believe even if the same 11 players played in all the games, Liverpool will be top of table currently, as there are alot other factors coming into play. Dun forget the 6-0 win against derby, Steven Gerrard was not in the team. Maybe if he plays the score will be higher, but then it might not too.

At the end of the day, be it rotation or no rotation, the players being played just have to perform. if they dun, then both the manager and players got to take responsibility, and not just the manager.

Top marks to you guys, that's all I can say, I won't be able to make a better case myself. ;)

To bro Regaine, still waiting for the piece of homework on rotation. Now should be the best time to do it since apparently rotation has well and truly backfired this time! ;)

hawksbay
25-01-2008, 09:58 PM
[QUOTE=wolfclan;2545090]In between, if I am not wrong, tat knight of scrums have to rebuild his team over and over again for the first seasons. And if not wrong it was only after they bought in gary palli, and few others did they actually win the league.

dont forget the cantona factor,can t believe wilko sold him after cantona helped leeds win the tittle,cantona when on to win the tittle with the scums the following season which actually started the ball rolling for the scums:mad:

KingEros
25-01-2008, 11:30 PM
dont forget the cantona factor, cant believe wilko sold him after cantona helped leeds win the title
IMHO, Wilkinson had no choice ... he got neither the charisma nor the track record to "control" a loose character like Cantona.
In contrast, for the sake of his own survival, Ferguson indulged Cantona ... just look at how he's still welcomed back after being banned for his kung-fu antics, not unlike how Ferdinand was welcomed back after being banned for his dope evasion antics.
So much for his hair-dryer & boot-kicking reputation of a strictest disciplinarian. Nothing but tabloid myths. :D

cantona went on to ... which actually started the ball rolling for the scums :mad:
Yes, I still remember his late goal which settled the 96 FA Cup final ... & left a bitter after-taste of the Armani suits, as well as the Spice Boys tag which followed LFC back then. :(

KingEros
25-01-2008, 11:33 PM
With the Jan transfer window coming to a close in less than a week ...

RAFA: MOMO COULD LEAVE
Steve Hunter 23 January 2008

Rafa Benitez has admitted that Momo Sissoko could be close to leaving Anfield with Italian giants Juventus amongst a host of clubs chasing the Mali international's signature.
The midfielder is currently on African Cup of Nations duty with Mali and Benitez said the player could leave before the end of the January transfer window.

"We know that they (Juventus) are interested in Momo but we need to wait until the end of the transfer window and we need to be calm," he added. "There are two Spanish clubs and two Italian clubs also interested in Momo and we will try to do the best for the club."

When asked if he thought Sissoko would leave this month, Benitez said: "Yes, I think so. It could be a possibility but it depends on the other teams if they push hard or not."

Meanwhile, the Reds boss has also welcomed the news that Steve Finnan has retired from international football and said it can only be a good thing for Liverpool.

"Steve told me the other day and it is very positive for us," he said. "At his age it's important to concentrate on your team so I think this is very good news for us."

KingEros
25-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Depends on how you look at it ... despite Agger confirmed out for the rest of the season, Rafa is comfy to have only 3 established centre-backs:

Either ... Skrtel is deemed to be ready for the hustle & bustle of the Premier League, once he gets back his match fitness
Or ... Hobbs is sent out for the "fighting" experience, so he can blooded fully next season

Whatever the case, we will have 5 solid centre-backs next season.

HOBBS SEALS SCUNTHORPE SWITCH
Steve Hunter 24 January 2008

Liverpool have announced that centre half Jack Hobbs is to spend the remainder of the season on loan at Championship side Scunthorpe United.
The former Lincoln City defender made his first team debut as a last-minute substitute during a 4-2 Carling Cup win at Reading in September 2007, and has made five appearances for Rafa Benitez's team this season.

His last appearance for the first team was the 1-0 Carling Cup defeat by Chelsea.

The 19-year-old reserve team captain joins the Iron who are fighting to stay in the Championship. The loan spell will last until May 5.

Cummingliao
26-01-2008, 02:56 AM
The latest news on the refinancing deal. Looks like we are stuck with the lousy Yanks at least for now.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Liverpool | Liverpool complete £350m package (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7203724.stm)

Cummingliao
26-01-2008, 05:32 AM
Interesting perspective on the Reds current situation.

BBC SPORT | Mihir Bose (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/mihirbose/2008/01/liverpool_deal_not_the_end_of.html)

rahl
26-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Depends on how you look at it ... despite Agger confirmed out for the rest of the season, Rafa is comfy to have only 3 established centre-backs:

Is Agger confirmed out? Thought it was for a month.

KingEros
26-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Is Agger confirmed out? Thought it was for a month.

AGGER SUFFERS INJURY SETBACK
Jimmy Rice
14 Jan 08

Daniel Agger has suffered a recurrence of the metatarsal injury which has kept him out since September.

Specialists have yet to confirm how long the Dane will now be out of action, but Rafa Benitez doesn't expect Agger to feature this month.

The news comes just days after the centre-back was due to make a comeback in a reserve game at Blackburn, only for the match to be cancelled due to the weather.

Benitez told Liverpoolfc.tv: "We've had some bad news in that Agger has the same problem again. He was training and ready to play but yesterday in training he felt something, so we need to go back and start from the beginning.

"It's not easy to say when he will be back. He is going to see different surgeons and then we will be able to analyse the situation."

Asked if the defender was likely to feature in the next few weeks, Benitez added: "No, I don't think so."

Ok, the above is the official release.
I made my own conclusions from reading in between the lines:
1) starting from beginning
2) kept him out since Sep ... which is 3-4 months
We barely have 4 months left of this season ... ;)

KingEros
26-01-2008, 12:31 PM
BBC SPORT | Mihir Bose (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/mihirbose/2008/01/liverpool_deal_not_the_end_of.html)
Thanks for this perspective ...

"The refinancing story should be seen as just one episode in a long running Liverpool soap opera. The final act is far from being written."

Personally, I feel that even this temporary truce (refinancing deal going through) will only stay temporary ... the next step for the Yanks to take, as damage control, is to ensure we still see Mascherano wearing LFC colours come next season & beyond.

Looking further ahead, I just hope this doesn't mean we gonna lose another 3-5 good years (becoz manager get changed & players get distracted) before LFC get back to where they really belong again ...

Although we have a good crop of players in their early 20s**, we may still never get there ... dun forget, our 2 major icons will be over 30 by then: Carra is 30 this year while Gerrard is 28 this year!!!

Haizzz ... :mad:

** at least had first-team appearance before
24 this year: Torres, Mascherano, Agger, Skrtel
23 this year: Carson
22 this year: Babel, Leto, Peltier, El Zhar
21 this year: Leiva, Guthrie, Idrizaj
20 & below: Hobbs, Insua

KingEros
27-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Really embarrassed with our first half performance, NO more off pitch distractions as excuses, please :mad:
For the first time, when sent out to play, Itandje doesn't seem like himself ... caught out of position & so unsure throughout, although he did show his reflexes with that 1-handed save of a point-blank header. At that moment, the image of Calamity James just flashed through my mind ...

It also seemed to be first-match jitters for Skrtel ... but for whatever little I saw, I dare say he's gonna be like Henchoz, Ruddock or even Song - diving in all the time, but no much of a footballing brain. But I still hope I am wrong. :rolleyes:

picu
27-01-2008, 12:11 PM
For the first time, when sent out to play, Itandje doesn't seem like himself ... caught out of position & so unsure throughout, although he did show his reflexes with that 1-handed save of a point-blank header. At that moment, the image of Calamity James just flashed through my mind ...

Itandje's body movements always gives me the feeling he is quite kan jiong kind. Considering he only kept 1 clean sheet (5-0 win against Luton if I'm not wrong) out of 6 games, not sure if he is good enough for a first team position on a regular basis yet.

Finnan seems to be making quite a number of mistakes lately. Hope his retirement from international football will also see an improvement on his form.

KingEros
27-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Itandje's body movements always gives me the feeling he is quite kan jiong kind. Considering he only kept 1 clean sheet (5-0 win against Luton if I'm not wrong) out of 6 games, not sure if he is good enough for a first team position on a regular basis yet.
Yes, he has kept only 1 clean sheet so far ... but then again, to be fair, he wasn't given much of a chance against the goals he conceded ... but on the other hand, he has fared rather admirably pulling off 1-on-1 & reflex saves in all of those matches.
IMHO, his only shaky game was yesterday ... perhaps, he wasn't too comfortable with a centre-back in front of him, who was playing his first competitive game for the club & was not too confident with his touches himself. :D
Anyway, Itandje will be good enough to be NO MORE THAN #2 at this club ... since there is already a string of young keepers** breathing down his neck.

On another note ... I'm more concerned with what Rafa is gonna do with Carson next season, considering the not too far-fetched possibility of Capello promoting him to the England #1 spot.

Nikolay Mihaylov, 20, Bulgarian under-21 international & 1 senior cap
David Martin, 22, England youth international
Martin Hansen, 18, Danish youth international
Peter Gulacsi, 18, Hungarian under-17 international
Dean Bouzanis, 18, Australian under-17 international

Cummon
27-01-2008, 02:17 PM
It also seemed to be first-match jitters for Skrtel ... but for whatever little I saw, I dare say he's gonna be like Henchoz, Ruddock or even Song - diving in all the time, but no much of a footballing brain. But I still hope I am wrong

This 'Mr Beh Hell Cioh' looks quite pacy & can't be worse than Traore huh ?, who has a CL medal in his possession :cool:

So at the moment our leading goal scorers happen to be our captain,an ex-captain & a national team captain, something to do with mental toughness ?

Cummon
27-01-2008, 02:18 PM
double post

rahl
27-01-2008, 03:28 PM
It also seemed to be first-match jitters for Skrtel ... but for whatever little I saw, I dare say he's gonna be like Henchoz, Ruddock or even Song - diving in all the time, but no much of a footballing brain. But I still hope I am wrong. :rolleyes:

Skrtel had a shocking game, considering it's against part-timers, and if he plays just as badly against league opposition, then he might well overtake Babb as our worst defensive signing in terms of price.

Having said that, if we are going to jump on his back, it's gonna undermine his confidence and only make things worse, so for the time being, let's back him all the way. Rafa is at least right - Skrtel did a lot of good and bad things in one game. ;)

Regaine
27-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Let's look at facts again ...

RAFA BENITEZ became the manager of Liverpool in 04 ... IT IS MY PERSONAL WISH TO SEE HIM BECOME THE MOST SUCCESSFUL & LONGEST SERVING IN LIVERPOOL'S HISTORY.

Rafa won the Champions League in 04-05 ... HIS 1ST SEASON IN CHARGE!!!
Rafa won the FA Cup in 05-06 ... HIS 2ND SEASON IN CHARGE!!!

Yes, he is after all still human ... & HAD 1 TROPHYLESS SEASON SO FAR, albeit a near miss:
06-07 ... Champions League finalist

Sure, Rafa hasn't brought home the Premier League yet ... but so has 4 other managers not, over a span of 17 seasons!!!

Agree with your facts. Facts dont lie. You also agree that so far Rafa have not brought the Premier League to Anfield. Facts also don't lie when you see your favourite team is alawys also at 4th position.Facts also don't lie when your team have been drawing quite a lot recently and especially to weaker teams. Why is that so? If the so-called rotation system is to let the players rests and be fresh for the next game , why am I seeing that their passing is not up to the mark? Facts also why a non-league can score 2 goals at Anfield? :rolleyes:

Regaine
27-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Skrtel had a shocking game, considering it's against part-timers, and if he plays just as badly against league opposition, then he might well overtake Babb as our worst defensive signing in terms of price.

Having said that, if we are going to jump on his back, it's gonna undermine his confidence and only make things worse, so for the time being, let's back him all the way. Rafa is at least right - Skrtel did a lot of good and bad things in one game.

We should give the guy some time to settle in at Anfield. But by the time he is ready the season could be over .

SKILLFULL LICK
27-01-2008, 10:56 PM
If the so-called rotation system is to let the players rests and be fresh for the next game , why am I seeing that their passing is not up to the mark? Facts also why a non-league can score 2 goals at Anfield? :rolleyes:

Bro,actually personally i got noting against the so called rotation system,the problem is,our rafa dont know how to use it or play it,and he still insists on using it.Always remember this,there is no such thing as right or wrong in football long as u deliver the result;)

Soul_Reaper
27-01-2008, 11:10 PM
Agree with your facts. Facts dont lie. You also agree that so far Rafa have not brought the Premier League to Anfield. Facts also don't lie when you see your favourite team is alawys also at 4th position.Facts also don't lie when your team have been drawing quite a lot recently and especially to weaker teams. Why is that so? If the so-called rotation system is to let the players rests and be fresh for the next game , why am I seeing that their passing is not up to the mark? Facts also why a non-league can score 2 goals at Anfield? :rolleyes:

Bro Regaine, RELAX !! This King talks like he is the Chairman of Liverpool Football Club and mightier than Hicks & Gillets, the know all guy of our beloved Reds, you'll get used to his ramblings like the rest of us :D

Exciter101
28-01-2008, 08:28 AM
Anyway the facts are clear signs....
The stupid commotion surrounding the Yankees are unsettling the teams and Rafa too.
Do hope they can put it aside and get on with the game.
Tough match coming up against West Ham.

wolfclan
28-01-2008, 10:13 AM
The stupid commotion surrounding the Yankees are unsettling the teams and Rafa too.

I certainly hope they can get a positive result.

wolfclan
28-01-2008, 01:09 PM
[QUOTE=wolfclan;2545090]In between, if I am not wrong, tat knight of scrums have to rebuild his team over and over again for the first seasons. And if not wrong it was only after they bought in gary palli, and few others did they actually win the league.

dont forget the cantona factor,can t believe wilko sold him after cantona helped leeds win the tittle,cantona when on to win the tittle with the scums the following season which actually started the ball rolling for the scums:mad:

yes, i always feel its cantona who actually bring the winning mentality to them. less said better....:mad:

Regaine
28-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Bro,actually personally i got noting against the so called rotation system,the problem is,our rafa dont know how to use it or play it,and he still insists on using it.Always remember this,there is no such thing as right or wrong in football long as u deliver the result.

Agree with you on this. As long as we keep on winning.But then why is winning getting so difficult ? Especially since even supposedly to the weaker teams? We use to be invincible at Anfiled but now not anymore.:eek:FACTS DON LIE.

Bro Regaine, RELAX !! This King talks like he is the Chairman of Liverpool Football Club and mightier than Hicks & Gillets, the know all guy of our beloved Reds, you'll get used to his ramblings like the rest of us

Bro thanks .I'm cool about it .:cool: Its just that sometimes when we are are suppose to win, we draw. Clearly a strategy simply doesn't work. Just look at Arsenal and Man U and even Chelsea they have been winning almost every game. Until now we are out of the title race. We also have to look over our shoulders to see if Everton or Man City are going to catch up for the 4th sport or not? As a die hard Liverpool fan I like to see our team winning every much and give Arsenal and Man U a run for their money. Like to see them sweat for once.Clearly things are not going well for the Kops.:(

Regaine
28-01-2008, 09:28 PM

Despite the other factors affecting Liverpool , Liverpool should be professional towards their game. They should prove to whoever investors that this is the place for them to invest in. But having said that , the Hammers are no push overs. They also have been doing well. mark my words , Rafa is going to make at least 5 changes. Result could again be a draw. :(

I certainly hope they can get a positive result.

Bro I also long for a positive result too.:confused:

sex crusader
28-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Finally, Sisoko is off. He was sold to Juventus for 8.1mil pound.Hopefully, Mas can stay .

Cummon
28-01-2008, 09:50 PM
FA Cup Fifth Round draw

Ties to be played weekend of Feb 16/17

Bristol Rovers v Southampton

Cardiff City v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Sheffield United v Middlesbrough

Liverpool v Barnsley

Manchester United v Arsenal :p

Preston North End v Portsmouth

Coventry City v West Bromwich Albion

Chelsea v Huddersfield

Since we are effectively out of the league title race, let's enjoy a good run in the FA cup.

rahl
29-01-2008, 08:12 AM
As a die hard Liverpool fan I like to see our team winning every much and give Arsenal and Man U a run for their money. Like to see them sweat for once.Clearly things are not going well for the Kops.:(

Bro you sound like a sensible and intelligent guy and everyone here has also suffered the long lean years of Souness and Evans when we played worse, won hardly anything (and there was no rotation to blame).

I have no problem with criticising Rafa or the players if there is a real case for it - e.g. if Rafa goes 5-4-1 again. But I do it on the basis of what I can see and can point out as evidence. You can't do that for the rotation argument (or at least haven't).

But I always support the team from the standpoint that whatever we fans do has a massive impact on the players and the club. If we support right, we become the proverbial 12th player. If we don't, we put undue pressure on the players. That's why I have a beef with the rotation argument. You are telling every player who is rotated into the starting eleven that he is not good enough simply because he didn't play in the last few games, that he is bound to perform poorly. You might not intend to do so, but that is what is bound to happen. The players are also human, and get affected by these doubts coming from their OWN fans.

I ask you to join me and others and get behind the team. No shite about rotation or Rafa's beard. You can write a thesis on that when Rafa is gone. We are walking through a storm right now. Get behind the players and the club 100%.

Exciter101
29-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Finally, Sisoko is off. He was sold to Juventus for 8.1mil pound.Hopefully, Mas can stay .

Finally he is off .... good grief ...
Wish him all the best.
Now Pool can put the $$ to good use like keeping Marscherano....

yellowmilk
29-01-2008, 08:41 AM
Finally he is off .... good grief ...
Wish him all the best.
Now Pool can put the $$ to good use like keeping Marscherano....

One of the worse players to ever don the Liverpool shirt.

But i think that 17 million pounds is too ex for a defensive midfielder ie maschernao, anyway, Alonso can oreadi do a good job. better to spend the money on another striker or attacking winger.

Frankiestine
29-01-2008, 11:42 AM

But i think that 17 million pounds is too ex for a defensive midfielder ie maschernao, anyway, Alonso can oreadi do a good job. better to spend the money on another striker or attacking winger.

Alonso doing a better job, no offense but I feel Liverpool has seen the best of Alonso...Mascherano reminds me of a certain Mick Mills...tackle with bite and don't hold back..Alonso maybe becos of all his fantastic long range goals but his passing game seems to have lost its edge...

ANDYSIAO14
29-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Eversince Valencia appointed koeman , the team had gone bad to worst...
would love to see Joaquin or Vicente comin to join us...
at the rate valencia is performing, these 2 players i guessed arent pricey anymore...http://i30.tinypic.com/9amlcn.gif

http://i29.tinypic.com/2zgy9sn.jpg
Joaquin
YouTube - Joaquin ''Concealed'' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0NxN9dEEfo)

~~~

http://i25.tinypic.com/9qwl8z.jpg
Vicente
YouTube - vicente (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgv4eBBlqhg)

yellowmilk
29-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Alonso doing a better job, no offense but I feel Liverpool has seen the best of Alonso...Mascherano reminds me of a certain Mick Mills...tackle with bite and don't hold back..Alonso maybe becos of all his fantastic long range goals but his passing game seems to have lost its edge...

I agree with you that Alonso isnt playing too well this season. But with his spanish connection, and Rafa around, i think its unlikely he will be sold. And if Liverpool buys Mascherano, then there will be duplicate players in the same position.

Rafa may end up either to play both of them together, which has been disasterous so far, or do his fav trick - to rotate them. Then we know what will happen to both of em, they will just lose their shape and form due to inadequate games.

But i agree that most likely Rafa will buy mascherano as he wants to stay at liverpool.

S3vw
29-01-2008, 01:22 PM
In an interview with Radio 5 live's 'Sportsweek' programme, Liverpool co-chairman Tom Hicks

There's a lot of speculation about whether you will complete a £17million deal for Javier Mascherano. Are you prepared to endorse that transfer?

Absolutely.

hopefully we will sign him soon....

Xgenre
29-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Liverpool Football Club have this afternoon confirmed the sale Momo Sissoko to Juventus.
The Mali international is away at the African Nations but took time out for a medical and talks over personal terms.

Sissoko, who arrived from Valencia in July 2005, made 86 appearance for the Reds, scoring one goal.

Liverpoolfc.tv wishes him all the best for the future.

Guys, let's take a moment to remember Sissoko. He was a player who gave 100% while playing for in a no-hold-bar manner for us. That eye injury he sustained while playing for us was unfortunate. He was never quite the same since coming back.

KingEros
29-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Bro you sound like a sensible and intelligent guy ...
Of course he is ... else, he wouldn't be all so slick about totally evading that homework submission to you. :rolleyes:

Just like everybody else, he's also got enough grey matter to know that LFC hasn't fully regained their former glory ... but the funny thing is why there exist the idea that 17 barren years demands a god-given right to win the Premiership crown soonest.
On that count, I wonder what the supporters of clubs like Everton (20 years since they last got crowned English champions), Aston Villa (26 years), Nottingham Forest (29 years), Derby County (32 years), Manchester City (39 years), Ipswich Town (45 years), Tottenham Hotspurs (46 years), etc should be demanding. Mind you ... there are a couple here owned by people with the money to spend too.

Not unlike you, I'm still waiting to hear counter-arguments about how things can be better done ... especially after getting rid of Rafa.
So far, it's been nothing more than guerilla warfare based on "hit-&-run" or "majority wins" tactics. :cool:

Come on ... be fair to the guy.
You can blame it on his eye injury or Marscherano's arrival, but he used to be the only muscle in the team ... half-filling the big void left behind by an aging Hamann.
To convince you, I'll come up with 5 more players who better fit the "one of the worst players to ever don the LFC shirt" label ...
1) Sean Dundee, South African striker ... played only 5 games before he got found wanted
2) Bernard Diomede, French midfielder ... played only 5 games before he got found wanted
3) Mark Kennedy, Irish winger ... played 3 seasons, with almost no games of memorable note
4) El-Hadji Diouf, Senegalese striker ... played 3 seasons, with mostly disciplinary incidents than goals worth remembering
5) Bjorn Tore Kvarme, Norwegian full-back ... fumbled famously against Everton & Scums

But i think that 17 million pounds is too ex for a defensive midfielder ie maschernao, anyway, Alonso can oreadi do a good job.
If your so-called one-of-the-worst-ever Sissoko can still fetch 8m pounds on the open market, why would 17m pounds be excessive for Mascherano ... who has proven himself to be one of the world's best-skilled ball-winner?
Mensch, Alonso getting compared to Mascherano in the same light ... & deemed equally good some more. :confused:

better to spend the money on another striker or attacking winger.
& add more fodder for Rafa's rotation system?? :D

picu
29-01-2008, 11:20 PM
I ask you to join me and others and get behind the team. No shite about rotation or Rafa's beard. You can write a thesis on that when Rafa is gone. We are walking through a storm right now. Get behind the players and the club 100%.

I agree with you fully. Probably the doubts of rotation from the fans gives the players that are being rotated that extra pressure to make the system work and in the end, it affects their normal play and performance.

Just like the final in 2005 against AC Milan. The fans were chanting for Liverpool to win 4-3 rather then just booing them off the field at half time, when they were 3-0 down, as the latter would not have helped at all.

Thus, now is the time to back our team just like what bro rahl have said.

joochiatplace
30-01-2008, 08:30 AM
tonight match there is no live match shown on Starhub Cable TV? Can't find the programme schedule and there is no showing on the New Paper...:mad:

rahl
30-01-2008, 09:10 AM
Guys, let's take a moment to remember Sissoko. He was a player who gave 100% while playing for in a no-hold-bar manner for us. That eye injury he sustained while playing for us was unfortunate. He was never quite the same since coming back.

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Come on ... be fair to the guy.
You can blame it on his eye injury or Marscherano's arrival, but he used to be the only muscle in the team ... half-filling the big void left behind by an aging Hamann.

Can't agree more bros. As a person, Momo was top class, and as a ball-winning footballer, pretty good too. I remember his attempts to get forward and support the attack (not always successful) as similar to Carra's days 'bombing' down the right (or left) when he was a wingback. 100%.

wolfclan
30-01-2008, 09:52 AM
tonight match there is no live match shown on Starhub Cable TV? Can't find the programme schedule and there is no showing on the New Paper...:mad:

bro, yesterday TNP did mentioned there will be no telecast for the mid-week game played this week, due to some nonsense contractual issue, they only got rights to xxx no of game, and it does not include the midweek game played this week,:mad:

wolfclan
30-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Can't agree more bros. As a person, Momo was top class, and as a ball-winning footballer, pretty good too. I remember his attempts to get forward and support the attack (not always successful) as similar to Carra's days 'bombing' down the right (or left) when he was a wingback. 100%.

one thing that can always be expected from Momo is his commitment, always going into tackle, though sometimes abit over the top, and give away abit of free kicks, but he is always there trying to win the ball back, or break down the opposition attack.

but of course, this season he seems to be off the boil, or should say since that eye injury he suffer, his form have not been good, wish him the best for his time in juve.

rahl
30-01-2008, 12:55 PM
one thing that can always be expected from Momo is his commitment, always going into tackle, though sometimes abit over the top, and give away abit of free kicks, but he is always there trying to win the ball back, or break down the opposition attack.

but of course, this season he seems to be off the boil, or should say since that eye injury he suffer, his form have not been good, wish him the best for his time in juve.

Bro, I find it sad that top footballers these days are so often seen as expendables who are playing just for the fans' satisfaction. I see Momo struggling in midfield, trying to pass, get forward, trying to be better, and all for what? Some fans will never be happy, will never back him. All the armchair critics. How many of us are in the public limelight and have to do our work in the face of public criticism and even hostility?

yellowmilk
30-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Bro, I find it sad that top footballers these days are so often seen as expendables who are playing just for the fans' satisfaction. I see Momo struggling in midfield, trying to pass, get forward, trying to be better, and all for what? Some fans will never be happy, will never back him. All the armchair critics. How many of us are in the public limelight and have to do our work in the face of public criticism and even hostility?

Thats why they are paid so well mah, 50 thousand pounds a week, they make more in 1 month than most of us will make in our lifetime. With this kind of $ in british soccer, its no coincidence why the expectations are high as well.

rahl
30-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Thats why they are paid so well mah, 50 thousand pounds a week, they make more in 1 month than most of us will make in our lifetime. With this kind of $ in british soccer, its no coincidence why the expectations are high as well.

So what? If the wages mislead you, I suppose you are quite easily misled. The players are injured, drop form, fall down, make stupid mistakes - you need any more clue that they are human??

PS. Not saying 'you', but in general.

petertan51
30-01-2008, 09:27 PM
I am a Liverpool supporter:)

hawksbay
30-01-2008, 09:36 PM

17 mil pounds is not a big price to pay for a world class midfield player,i think of alonso more of a passer than a defensive midfielder.

Cummon
31-01-2008, 07:02 AM
All along I have been saying I hope Rafa will be given time & backing to see out his visions at Anfield,I still think he is one of the greatest managers we ever have.
Recently he talked about restoring the level of confidence of his players,in fact he's lost it himself. At the moment he is a victim of his own success & his stubbornness will cost his job soonner rather than later.
Not many will question Kuyt's attitude but clearly he has forgotten he is a striker,I feel so sorry for Crouch who has to watch his teammates keep firing blank & he can only sit on the bench.
We lose game,not drawing now,destroy our club first so the Yanks can't get much out from it ? In fact the team has lost confidence,not only Kuyt.

Cum_Luver
31-01-2008, 07:09 AM
bro Cummon,

ta ke, another very disappointing performance.
going to have field day at office liao, from those top 3 fans..
lucky it is near CNY, so a lot of them are on vacation,nevertheless sure will get some digs.

Cummon
31-01-2008, 07:18 AM
going to have field day at office liao, from those top 3 fans..
lucky it is near CNY, so a lot of them are on vacation,nevertheless sure will get some digs.

Take it easy bro,my own Brother is a Red Devil, he has been doing that to me for almost two decades.