PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool Fc @ Anfield - Reds Supporters Gatherings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155

wolfclan
21-08-2007, 07:34 AM
What I wonder is why there are no programs on other clubs?
Is football just about Manure or Chelski?

Bro cool, if i did not remember wrongly there was indeed LFCTV last nite on ch108, ard 6pm or 7pm, they do show.

cheers YNWA

beck7777
21-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Bro cool, if i did not remember wrongly there was indeed LFCTV last nite on ch108, ard 6pm or 7pm, they do show.

cheers YNWA

Ch108 is part of the package ah? I not sure leh... :confused:

wolfclan
21-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Ch108 is part of the package ah? I not sure leh... :confused:

for digital box subscriber can access both ch 107 and ch 108 now lor.

beck7777
21-08-2007, 12:50 PM
for digital box subscriber can access both ch 107 and ch 108 now lor.

Isit? Tonight go home and check it out... :D

canthaveenuf
21-08-2007, 12:59 PM
No, what I meant was during normal days when they are no LIVE matches, eg.. Mon to Fri.. Its like nothing but Manure TV or Chelski TV... :rolleyes:

Bro, when they rolled out the new channels I also tot like U -- how come no LFC channel wan. Only today I found out there is actually. As I am typing this, I am watching channel 108 and it says Liverpool FC TV. And they are showing the Liv-Tou match.

Overall, I still cannot understand why there's so much fuss about Morrison's show with Peter Reid & Carlton Palmer ... personally, I find them so much more informative professionally, which is what I prefer. Definitely better than the previous alternative of watching the more commercially colourful circus comprising Shebby Singh, Paul Masefield, Jamie Reeves & Steve Darby ... all pretenders who have never even made good in the lower leagues of the UK football scene. Worst of all, they have personalities who know nuts about football run the talkshows ... cleavage, hip-hop & model looks totally notwithstanding.

Yah, I also find the previous presenters kinda sucks. But got no choice but to listen to their crap. The new ones are better in the sense that they are probably more famous (who the heck is that Singh guy anyway). But, what is lacking is the banter between the presenters. Very boring the way their talk. Understand next week got new presenters. Hopefully will be better.

other players maybe can understand... but as england captain and a regular in the england team, he knows that refs would have a certain understanding not to book him unless really necessary... and he bloody takes advantage of that. "lead by example" all thrown out the door!!!

What U talking bro. :p

He did lead by example wat -- lots of it too. He led those hooligans to attack the ref mah. A total disgrace.

Cheers

beck7777
21-08-2007, 01:10 PM
What U talking bro. :p

He did lead by example wat -- lots of it too. He led those hooligans to attack the ref mah. A total disgrace.

Cheers

Thats JT at his best... Not 1st time we saw him scolding the ref with his team mates... Wonder why till now FA no make noise? :rolleyes:

wolfclan
21-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Thats JT at his best... Not 1st time we saw him scolding the ref with his team mates... Wonder why till now FA no make noise? :rolleyes:

those FA bigwigs scare wait JT scold their sis/wife/gfs/sb/fb like wat matarazi scold ZZ sister lor

Castrol
21-08-2007, 04:15 PM
the day has come when a spurs fans is defending a loyal servant of liverpool. kudos for knowing so much about sammy lee. he deserves the respect, but still think he needs a new tailor. his suit looks too big for him!!!:D

well bro, during the time when i was full of "oooh" and "wow" for players like sammy lee, gary shaw, hoddle etc, i didnt know there were clubs like chelsea and man utd. the regulars then were clubs like ipswich, luton, watford... :D

kev75
21-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Any bros know what is the status on Heinze coming to Liverpool?

_AXL_
21-08-2007, 06:29 PM
What U talking bro.

wah!!! like gangster boss hah??? luckily he not in sg, or else kenna sit long time under 55!:D

well bro, during the time when i was full of "oooh" and "wow" for players like sammy lee, gary shaw, hoddle etc, i didnt know there were clubs like chelsea and man utd. the regulars then were clubs like ipswich, luton, watford...

my love was always reserved for steve nicol, alan hansen and chris waddle!!! oh, and trevor steven was known as the smartest player around with 8 "O" level distinctions to his name. now, how many passes did rooney get???:D

aye, it was a time when the league champs always came from merseyside, aston villa and nottingham forest were good teams, with wimbledon perfecting the long ball and luton being hard to beat due to their artificial pitch... the good old days! kekeke... cheers.

KingEros
21-08-2007, 07:25 PM
well bro, during the time when i was full of "oooh" and "wow" for players like sammy lee, gary shaw, hoddle etc, i didnt know there were clubs like chelsea and man utd. the regulars then were clubs like ipswich, luton, watford...
Ok lah, if try hard enough, then still can recall Kerry Dixon & Pat Nevin ... of any worthy mention from Chelsea.
As for the Scums, I actually admire some of their more gentlemanly players ... Remi Moses, Frank Stapleton, Jesper Olsen - that's about it.

Ipswich ... Paul Mariner, Alan Sunderland, John Wark, George Burley - they were in that WWII movie with Stallone, Caine, Ardiles & Pele. Remember?

my love was always reserved for steve nicol, alan hansen and chris waddle!!!
Mine was for Keegan, Dalglish (but only as a player), Nicol, Grobbelaar, Rush, Whelan, Wark & Johnston. :D

oh, and trevor steven was known as the smartest player around with 8 "O" level distinctions to his name. now, how many passes did rooney get???
Actually, I think the most academically qualified player was Paul Powers (hope this old man remembered the name correctly) ... he was the captain of Man City, playing as left-back ... the only university graduate to have played professionally, if I'm not wrong. ;)

Cum_Luver
21-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Actually, I think the most academically qualified player was Paul Powers (hope this old man remembered the name correctly) ... he was the captain of Man City, playing as left-back ... the only university graduate to have played professionally, if I'm not wrong. ;)

sorry bro, the first university graduate that played professionally is Steve Heighway, our very own winger (yapz, he is also a Reds - Liverpool). That is if my memory serves me right.
he is presently in-charge of our Football Academy.
During his time at the club players such as Michael Owen, Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher have come through the ranks.
But he will be leaving as Rafz is taking charge of the academy.
Our youth team won the FA Youth Cup final last week.

Players during his time at Liverpool was Kevin Keegan, John Roshack, Tommy Smiths, Ian Callaghan, Phil Neal, Phil Thompson....all our greats during the 70s
They played during under our great - Bill Shankly & Bob Paisley

So who u think is earlier, Heighway or Paul Power ?

Cummon
21-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Heinze loses bid for Anfield move

Heinze joined United from Paris St Germain in 2004
Manchester United's Gabriel Heinze has lost his attempt to force the club to allow him to move to rivals Liverpool.
United disputed claims from Heinze, 29, who said the Red Devils gave him written permission to pursue a transfer to another club for a fee of £6.8m.

The matter was referred to a Premier League arbitration panel.

The hearing concluded that the written letter Heinze possessed "was unambiguous in that it envisages only an international transfer".

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson and chief executive David Gill travelled to Monday's hearing to put their case

hawksbay
21-08-2007, 10:03 PM
I personally find nothing wrong with the new guy...
And yes you are right, Shebby and co. usually dont know what they talking about... Esp Shebby when he once said Gerrard should best play at right back! :rolleyes:

What I wonder is why there are no programs on other clubs?
Is football just about Manure or Chelski?

That shabby predicted pool will win the tittle this season,cant believe that but i guess we are in with a chance now if we beat the teams below us.:)

hawksbay
21-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Ok lah, if try hard enough, then still can recall Kerry Dixon & Pat Nevin ... of any worthy mention from Chelsea.
As for the Scums, I actually admire some of their more gentlemanly players ... Remi Moses, Frank Stapleton, Jesper Olsen - that's about it.

Ipswich ... Paul Mariner, Alan Sunderland, John Wark, George Burley - they were in that WWII movie with Stallone, Caine, Ardiles & Pele. Remember?

Mine was for Keegan, Dalglish (but only as a player), Nicol, Grobbelaar, Rush, Whelan, Wark & Johnston.

i don t think alan sunderland played for ispwich if i m not wrong,as for university graduates steve coppell graduated frm the university of liverpool n liverpool s 2 legends steve highway n brain hall r uni grads as well:D

KingEros
21-08-2007, 11:15 PM
sorry bro, the first university graduate that played professionally is Steve Heighway, our very own winger (yapz, he is also a Reds - Liverpool).

as for university graduates steve coppell graduated frm the university of liverpool n liverpool s 2 legends steve highway n brain hall r uni grads as well

Actually, I think the most academically qualified player was Paul Powers (hope this old man remembered the name correctly) ... he was the captain of Man City, playing as left-back ... the only XXXX university graduate to have played professionally, if I'm not wrong.

Gents ... my mistake for missing out something in my statement: XXXX = Oxbridge. I can't remember which is which, but he is the only one to have graduated from Oxford or Cambridge ...

i don't think alan sunderland played for ispwich if i m not wrong
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Sunderland
Fact is ... he played for Ipswich at the tail-end of his career, after playing for a long time for Arsenal.
Problem is ... I wrongly remembered him as playing for the Ipswich team that beat Arsenal 1-0 in the 1978 FA Cup, when he was actually on the losing Arsenal team. :p

jootjoot
22-08-2007, 12:53 AM
Isit? Tonight go home and check it out... :D

confirmed channel 107 and 108 able to watch. it's Goal TV.. i didn't subscribe these 2 channels. but heck care.. since it's free, juz watch as of now:D

scouser_lad
22-08-2007, 01:38 AM
Hi Bros,

Do you know that Jamie Carra's bro shag John Terry's Mum during the world cup in germany. Eversince terry has been given the stick by us. Here is clip where we sing that his mum love scouse cock. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=scouse+cock

scouser_lad

Cum_Luver
22-08-2007, 08:57 AM
Heinze loses bid for Anfield move

Heinze joined United from Paris St Germain in 2004
Manchester United's Gabriel Heinze has lost his attempt to force the club to allow him to move to rivals Liverpool.
United disputed claims from Heinze, 29, who said the Red Devils gave him written permission to pursue a transfer to another club for a fee of £6.8m.

The matter was referred to a Premier League arbitration panel.

The hearing concluded that the written letter Heinze possessed "was unambiguous in that it envisages only an international transfer".

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson and chief executive David Gill travelled to Monday's hearing to put their case

a little disappointed with the decision.
but if Heinze really want to get away from Man Utd and join us, there is always ways to do it.
do anyone still remember Clive Allen, he had 2 1mil transfer before the start of a new season. He joined Arsenal eventually, when he faced the same kind of obstruction. He transferred to another club first, then from there he was transferred to Arsenal, both deal costing 1mil plus. It was a BIG news during that time.
I believed it was arranged, the second transferred cost more than the first, the first club (if i remember correctly is QPR), QPR earned some profit from it at that time.
So if Heinze really want to do it, he can also follow the same path that Clive Allen took.....

_AXL_
22-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Mine was for Keegan, Dalglish (but only as a player), Nicol, Grobbelaar, Rush, Whelan, Wark & Johnston.

craig johnston, the frizzy-haired aussie??? nope, that one wasnt close. kekeke... but nicol and hansen, they r a class act. i can still remember steve nicol wears size 14 boots!!! enough has been said for rush liao...

Actually, I think the most academically qualified player was Paul Powers (hope this old man remembered the name correctly) ... he was the captain of Man City, playing as left-back ... the only university graduate to have played professionally, if I'm not wrong.

duh!!! i was taking my "O"s then and my teacher told us that to inspire the footy team to work hard as well. so he used trevor steven (an evertonian at that!!!) as an example. was just a snide remark about rooney's fantastic results...:p

Gents ... my mistake for missing out something in my statement: XXXX = Oxbridge. I can't remember which is which, but he is the only one to have graduated from Oxford or Cambridge ...

u also have this day ah!!!:D just kidding... oxbridge!!! now, that is impressive. but i have no impression of him leh...

Hi Bros,

Do you know that Jamie Carra's bro shag John Terry's Mum during the world cup in germany.

not nice, at least for me!!! dont like people who bring mothers in! not dignified... what other people do is their business, but i dont agree. do it one more time and i will zap u. if u stop, i warmly welcome u. no offence. cheers.

Castrol
22-08-2007, 09:32 AM
aye, it was a time when the league champs always came from merseyside, aston villa and nottingham forest were good teams, with wimbledon perfecting the long ball and luton being hard to beat due to their artificial pitch... the good old days! kekeke... cheers.

aston villa was a powerhouse that time, with gary shaw and peter withe terrorizing every defence in the country. both of them were totally different, shaw is a handsome blond with delicate and creative touches. withe is a bull and built like a train. they kept scoring and scoring together.

nottingham forest was also a big club, there were many forest fans in my school. those days even brighton, stoke city and swansea played in div 1. no such thing as top 4 whatsoever, every team can shine. :D

paul mariner! the main reason why ipswich was so good. he scored plenty for the club although he was frequently injured. that movie should be "escape to victory". :D

KingEros
22-08-2007, 10:28 AM
but nicol and hansen, they r a class act.
I am quietly harbouring hopes that he will eventually return to English shores & show his true worth as a splendid manager, in the future (way after Rafa has done his job at restoring LFC pride). :D

not nice, at least for me!!! dont like people who bring mothers in! not dignified... what other people do is their business, but i dont agree. do it one more time and i will zap u. if u stop, i warmly welcome u. no offence. cheers.
For one who occasionally bonk mothers with little boys, I see it in a different light: why is bonking JT's mum supposed to be complimentary words for Carra?? I'll zap this prick of a fake Kop right here right now. :mad:

KingEros
22-08-2007, 10:37 AM
nottingham forest was also a big club, there were many forest fans in my school. those days even brighton, stoke city and swansea played in div 1. no such thing as top 4 whatsoever, every team can shine.
Hahaha ... my BIL is one of those Forest fan, still in worship of Mr Clough.
But in their dormant state, he's now turned to following LFC foortunes ... after I converted his young son to think the world of Liverpool FC since he was 3. :D
That's becoz the great divide in terms of wealth in English football can never be the same again ... back then, there's no such thing as global marketing.

paul mariner! the main reason why ipswich was so good. he scored plenty for the club although he was frequently injured. that movie should be "escape to victory".
Actually, I am of the opinion that his style is just pure British bravery, diving in where it hurts ... another even better player at this comes to mind: Mark Hateley. Not much to shout about back in England, but suddenly elevated to world-class after joining AC Milan together with Ray Wilkins. Another one of those rare gentlemenly MU player I respected.

_AXL_
22-08-2007, 10:41 AM
aston villa was a powerhouse that time, with gary shaw and peter withe terrorizing every defence in the country. both of them were totally different, shaw is a handsome blond with delicate and creative touches. withe is a bull and built like a train. they kept scoring and scoring together.

nottingham forest was also a big club, there were many forest fans in my school. those days even brighton, stoke city and swansea played in div 1. no such thing as top 4 whatsoever, every team can shine.

ya, those were the days where every team had a fighting chance... still remembered norwich ending the season in 2nd place once. but always had a special place in my heart for forest... they played really attractive footy!:D

I am quietly harbouring hopes that he will eventually return to English shores & show his true worth as a splendid manager, in the future (way after Rafa has done his job at restoring LFC pride).

haha... i will always remember him for his end-to-end play and that shot!!! damn!!!

For one who occasionally bonk mothers with little boys, I see it in a different light: why is bonking JT's mum supposed to be complimentary words for Carra?? I'll zap this prick of a fake Kop right here right now.[/QUOTE]

i cannot take it lah!!! u must gloat hor???:rolleyes: kekeke...

u zapped him already? yikes, painful!!! i prefer to give the lad another chance...

Castrol
22-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Hahaha ... my BIL is one of those Forest fan, still in worship of Mr Clough.
But in their dormant state, he's now turned to following LFC foortunes ... after I converted his young son to think the world of Liverpool FC since he was 3.

i bet liverpool's red jersey must have helped. :D

Actually, I am of the opinion that his style is just pure British bravery, diving in where it hurts ... another even better player at this comes to mind: Mark Hateley. Not much to shout about back in England, but suddenly elevated to world-class after joining AC Milan together with Ray Wilkins. Another one of those rare gentlemenly MU player I respected.

i only remember mark hateley and ray wilkins playing for england, cant really remember what clubs they play for. hateley was hot news for a time, his picture kept on appearing in the straits times in the mid 80s. wilkins was england's captain those days, a central midfielder with a full head of hair of course.

_AXL_
22-08-2007, 01:38 PM

huh??? i thought it was juventus???:confused:

KingEros
22-08-2007, 01:58 PM
huh??? i thought it was juventus???:confused:
Nah ... the only Brits to have played for Juventus were 2 Welshmen: John Charles (in the 50s/60s) & Ian Rush (in the 80s).

Mark Hateley & Ray Wilkins played together for AC Milan in the mid 80s ... right after English topscorer Luther Blissett proved to be a big big dud for them. :D
In contrast, Juventus had under their employment the best foreigners then ... Michel Platini & Zbigniew Boniek.

AC Milan finally realised the way to go was dutch ... so by the late 80s, they got Marco van Basten, Ruud Gullit & Frank Rijkard. They never looked back after that.
To compete, the other half of Milan engaged Lothar Matthaues, Juergen Klinsmann & Andreas Brehme.

scouser_lad
22-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Bros, i m sorry if i have offended you guys regarding my post earlier on John Terry.

My intention was to let yu know wats going on in Anfield and Liverpool, and the songs they sing when at anfield. The target is John Terry and its Jamie's brother who did everything, nothing to do with Jamie.

I would like to add that i m a real Liverpool fan too, pls do not say that i m fake because of this.

I have been in Liverpool for 5 years now because i want to be close to the club that i loved. The other time i got zapped 1 point because i m a liverpool fan. Over here i got zapped by senior over my enthusiasm and my love for the club.

I truly understand where you guys are coming from, and will learn from it. Please accept my appologies and possible not zapped me again but hopefully to restore my points as a chance.

Cheers,
Scouser_lad

_AXL_
22-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Mark Hateley & Ray Wilkins played together for AC Milan in the mid 80s ... right after English topscorer Luther Blissett proved to be a big big dud for them.
In contrast, Juventus had under their employment the best foreigners then ... Michel Platini & Zbigniew Boniek.

as usual, my memory failing me again. thanks for the clarification.:D

Bros, i m sorry if i have offended you guys regarding my post earlier on John Terry.

My intention was to let yu know wats going on in Anfield and Liverpool, and the songs they sing when at anfield. The target is John Terry and its Jamie's brother who did everything, nothing to do with Jamie.

I would like to add that i m a real Liverpool fan too, pls do not say that i m fake because of this.

I have been in Liverpool for 5 years now because i want to be close to the club that i loved. The other time i got zapped 1 point because i m a liverpool fan. Over here i got zapped by senior over my enthusiasm and my love for the club.

I truly understand where you guys are coming from, and will learn from it. Please accept my appologies and possible not zapped me again but hopefully to restore my points as a chance.

Cheers,
Scouser_lad

guess u have been living in an european country for too long. i guess in asian context, mother bashing is taboo. hope u do understand that... good to have u here... dont worry about the points. contribute enough and liverpool bros here will up the points of fellow bros as well.

moreover, since u r living in liverpool, provide us with inside news and do participate in our prediction contest held every game and win points. do take care, ya? cheers. :D

oh yes, your apology is accepted, at least in my books. not that it is important but just in case u were wondering.

scouser_lad
22-08-2007, 03:51 PM
guess u have been living in an european country for too long. i guess in asian context, mother bashing is taboo. hope u do understand that... good to have u here... dont worry about the points. contribute enough and liverpool bros here will up the points of fellow bros as well.

moreover, since u r living in liverpool, provide us with inside news and do participate in our prediction contest held every game and win points. do take care, ya? cheers. :D

oh yes, your apology is accepted, at least in my books. not that it is important but just in case u were wondering.

thanks _AXL_ bro,

Very much appreciated!
I seriously didnt want it to be offending for anyone, just wanted to have a laugh. As you know how Terry despise Liverpool and he is always having a go at Liverpool, the song is created to have a go back at him. Sorry once again!

Will post if i hear any rumours of any new player coming since Henize is most unlikely to come but he is defo gonna appeal. The place i m at is near where alot of players goes for their Medical. I have seen Stevie G, Torres and Babel for their medical ,Sibierski for Wigan and a few Evertonians....

Cheers
scouser_lad

KingEros
22-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Didn't know about that song ... but I wonder if it could be the cause for Carra not being given a more permanent place in the English backline??
My ex-wife has family living on the correct side the Mersey as well ... so, what's your insider take on the talks of Carra:
1) being part of that infamous orgy party few years back?
2) being a constant fixture in the cocaine-infested house parties?

Well, before you, there were more than enough of "unwelcome name-calling intruders" in this place ... if I was too trigger-happy, I apologise. However, I'm sure if you hang out with us long enough, you'd get those points reinstated real soon.
BTW, "scouser-lad" could well be an Evertonian ... just like our Fowler & Macca were. :rolleyes:

Will post if i hear any rumours of any new player coming since Henize is most unlikely to come but he is defo gonna appeal. The place i m at is near where alot of players goes for their Medical. I have seen Stevie G, Torres and Babel for their medical ,Sibierski for Wigan and a few Evertonians....
Better still, get the autographs of the LFC players & post them here ... your points will definitely soar like never before. Cheers. :D

Castrol
22-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Mark Hateley & Ray Wilkins played together for AC Milan in the mid 80s ... right after English topscorer Luther Blissett proved to be a big big dud for them. :D

wow boniek! from the class of world cup 82 with lato as poland's biggest star. argentina - maradona / brazil - zico / england - keegan / france - platini / germany - rummenige / italy - ? :D

KingEros
22-08-2007, 04:33 PM
argentina - maradona / brazil - zico / england - keegan / france - platini / germany - rummenige / italy - ?
england - keegan ... I beg to differ: Keegan had a back injury in that World Cup, which provided the platform for the rise of an up-&-coming Robson. Remember his impact/goal that defeated France 3-1 in their opening game??

france - platini ... that team was really something, artists in almost every single position: Giresse, Tigana, Battiston, Six, Rocheatux, etc etc

italy - ? ... cannot remember Rossi meh?? :rolleyes:

Castrol
22-08-2007, 05:01 PM
england - keegan ... I beg to differ: Keegan had a back injury in that World Cup, which provided the platform for the rise of an up-&-coming Robson. Remember his impact/goal that defeated France 3-1 in their opening game??

france - platini ... that team was really something, artists in almost every single position: Giresse, Tigana, Battiston, Six, Rocheatux, etc etc

italy - ? ... cannot remember Rossi meh?? :rolleyes:

wah your memory really good lah, ESPN should get you in. england was very strong then. got clemence, hoddle, butcher, paul mariner and trevor francis somemore. they were overwhelming favourites to beat the likes of france. but of course, platini and tigana worked so hard to bring them thru to the semis.

the players i named were the stars that represented each country. i am talking about the posters and cards that served as advertisement. i forgot who was italy's biggest star then, definitely not rossi. he came to life only during that fateful 3-2 match against mighty brazil. :D

KingEros
22-08-2007, 05:16 PM
wah your memory really good lah, ESPN should get you in.
Erm ... unfortunately, this is also the first signs of dementia - remembering all from eons ago, but not remembering much from the last 2 years or so. :D

i forgot who was italy's biggest star then, definitely not rossi. he came to life only during that fateful 3-2 match against mighty brazil.
Ok, in that case ... I can only remember the Italian keeper - deemed world's best then & first Italian to earn 100 caps ... was the national team boss just not too long ago, nut damned ... this old man here just cannot remember his name. :o

BTW, despite ending Espana 82 as the tournament's top-scorer, Paulo Rossi WAS the star of the Italian team before the tournament already ... they just had to play down his publicity then becoz he was just allowed back into the game, after a lengthy ban for corruption charges.

Frankiestine
22-08-2007, 05:16 PM
craig johnston, the frizzy-haired aussie???

Was he a aussie, always thought he was from S.Africa...

qw2op
22-08-2007, 05:18 PM
. i forgot who was italy's biggest star then, definitely not rossi...
lemme guess ...

ze 40 yr o captain ... zoff? no?
ze least gentle ... gentile? no?
ze antagonising ... antognoni? no?

well, take ur pick urself fr ze squad here ... :D

1 Zoff • 2 Baresi • 3 Bergomi • 4 Cabrini • 5 Collovati • 6 Gentile • 7 Scirea • 8 Vierchowod • 9 Antognoni • 10 Dossena • 11 Marini • 12 Bordon • 13 Oriali • 14 Tardelli • 15 Causio • 16 Conti • 17 Massaro • 18 Altobelli • 19 Graziani • 20 Rossi • 21 Selvaggi • 22 Galli • Coach: Bearzot

Frankiestine
22-08-2007, 05:18 PM
paul mariner! the main reason why ipswich was so good. he scored plenty for the club although he was frequently injured. that movie should be "escape to victory". :D

the thing i remembered paul mariner was the header he scored against liverpool..it was one of the very defeats that liverpool suffered in their run to yet another title winning season..

KingEros
22-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Aussie ... born in South Africa.

ze 40 yr o captain ... zoff? no?
Yes yes ... Dino Zoff, the very man I just couldn't remember just now.
He should be considered the star of that team, if not considering Rossi.
As for Gentile ... he will be remembered as the tough guy.

The little babies of that team: Baresi, Bergomi & Altobelli

Bruno Conti ... I only remember he was the livewire in the Roma side & thanks to his penalty miss, LFC became European Champions for the 4th time in '84. :D

Castrol
22-08-2007, 05:31 PM
BTW, despite ending Espana 82 as the tournament's top-scorer, Paulo Rossi WAS the star of the Italian team before the tournament already ... they just had to play down his publicity then becoz he was just allowed back into the game, after a lengthy ban for corruption charges.

that goalkeeper would be dino zoff. oh ya now its coming back to me, rossi was in the grey with the corruption thing and all. :D

well, take ur pick urself fr ze squad here ...

1 Zoff • 2 Baresi • 3 Bergomi • 4 Cabrini • 5 Collovati • 6 Gentile • 7 Scirea • 8 Vierchowod • 9 Antognoni • 10 Dossena • 11 Marini • 12 Bordon • 13 Oriali • 14 Tardelli • 15 Causio • 16 Conti • 17 Massaro • 18 Altobelli • 19 Graziani • 20 Rossi • 21 Selvaggi • 22 Galli • Coach: Bearzot

hey, so many familiar names there. conti was all action in midfield lah. gentile was rock solid in defence, as good as karl heinz forster. bergomi became a household name later on. :D

Castrol
22-08-2007, 05:33 PM
the thing i remembered paul mariner was the header he scored against liverpool..it was one of the very defeats that liverpool suffered in their run to yet another title winning season..

haha... not easy for players to score against liverpool that time. :D

_AXL_
22-08-2007, 05:37 PM

hahaha... bro monster, i find it so funny cos we discussed this before in this very same thread!!!:D and it was also kingeros who came in to point out the truth that we r both right!!!:D

beck7777
22-08-2007, 05:42 PM
You guys memories damn solid sia!

Me at best only remembered back to Italia 90..

Argentina lost to Cameroon on the opening match.. The old man Roger Milla!

Whose the Italian top scorer? Schillachi(dunno how to spell)...

Germany won the cup 1-0 over Argentina.. Rudi Voller penatly?

Cant remember so much! :p

_AXL_
22-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Germany won the cup 1-0 over Argentina.. Rudi Voller penatly?

andreas brehme penalty...:p

hawksbay
22-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Nah ... the only Brits to have played for Juventus were 2 Welshmen: John Charles (in the 50s/60s) & Ian Rush (in the 80s).

AC Milan finally realised the way to go was dutch ... so by the late 80s, they got Marco van Basten, Ruud Gullit & Frank Rijkard. They never looked back after that.
To compete, the other half of Milan engaged Lothar Matthaues, Juergen Klinsmann & Andreas Brehme.

bro u left out liam brady thou he was irish,the only reason they did not renew is contract is cos of platini,brady was a legend with juve,back then they had a quota for foreign players.

hawksbay
22-08-2007, 10:47 PM
andreas brehme penalty...:p

yup andy brehme it was suppose to be lothar mattaus but he had a faulty boot so he asked brehme to take it or mayb he got cold feet:p

hawksbay
22-08-2007, 10:54 PM
that goalkeeper would be dino zoff. oh ya now its coming back to me, rossi was in the grey with the corruption thing and all. :D

hey, so many familiar names there. conti was all action in midfield lah. gentile was rock solid in defence, as good as karl heinz forster. bergomi became a household name later on. :D

oh man u could not get past those italian legends in defence,they simply mastered the art of defending,in those days all the young boys had the italian defenders posters up on thier bedrm walls not strikers everyone wanted to be a defender,gentile wld jus kick u off the park jus ask maradona n zico.

KingEros
23-08-2007, 01:30 AM
bro u left out liam brady thou he was irish,the only reason they did not renew is contract is cos of platini, brady was a legend with juve, back then they had a quota for foreign players.
Brady, being from the REPUBLIC of Ireland ... is not a Brit. :rolleyes:
After Juve let him go becoz of the quota issue, he went on to play for Sampdoria, Inter Milan & Ascoli ... before returning to British shores to play for & retire from West Ham.
For the record, Souness took over his place in the midfield at Sampdoria after he left.

scouser_lad
23-08-2007, 05:16 AM
Didn't know about that song ... but I wonder if it could be the cause for Carra not being given a more permanent place in the English backline??
My ex-wife has family living on the correct side the Mersey as well ... so, what's your insider take on the talks of Carra:
1) being part of that infamous orgy party few years back?
2) being a constant fixture in the cocaine-infested house parties?

Maybe you shld view the video if yu havent, its taken in Anfield during the Match and you can actually hear the reds fans singing the song. Its a new song started this seasons. We have not sing that during the previous game against chelsea. Its started when Terry kept slagging us off after the CL win , CL final lost and pre season. We Reds are the best in producing chants and songs in the league, alot of clubs have rip off our songs. I also posted Torres new song in an earlier post.

the opinion of the fans here thinks that Carra is always not given a chance in the English Backline is
1) When Mickey Blue-eyes was the manager, Terry and Ferdinand are at the top of their peak,so he find hard to break in. Carra did start a few games for him when they are both injured, espeically when Ferdinand was suspended for 8 mths.
2) Mclaren is a thru n thru man u therefore he doesnt like to play liverpool players, apart when he is desperate. He will be questioned if he does not play Stevie G as there are no current English midfielder comparable to him. HE started Crouch because he needed goals badly and he was in striker injury crisis. So he will only play liverpool players when he is desperate. Look when he could play carra as full back , he started with woodgate n king instead, n he played brown as right back instead of carra. that does not make any sense.

About Carra in orgy party , i believe that was in 1998 when the spice boys was tagged on him. I think after that one incident, there are hardly any tabloid news on him n he is married for a few years already. I also believe that is his personal life.

About the drugs, its really easy to get drugs here. I believe you know that too. Marijuana and Cocaine is available off the streets, infact i was offered a few times by some mates. I always say no to drugs. He may be part of the party but actually doing it is debatable, as its from the tabloids. I also believe that happened during the spice boys times. For the past 5 years , over here, Jamie has been a role model. Ask any Reds Fan, i think they can vouch for it. I believe you can vouch for that too.

Well, before you, there were more than enough of "unwelcome name-calling intruders" in this place ... if I was too trigger-happy, I apologise. However, I'm sure if you hang out with us long enough, you'd get those points reinstated real soon.
BTW, "scouser-lad" could well be an Evertonian ... just like our Fowler & Macca were. :rolleyes:

No harm done, i know yu are trying to protect Liverpool , i will do that if someone is slagging liverpool off. Scouser_lad can be either Evertonian or Liverpuldian or Reds Fans, just like yu say Fowler, Macca and even Jamie Carra is a blue before. In fact alot my mates here have Reds and Blues in their Family. Both clubs are part of Scouse, take one away, most likely you will take part of liverpool away. And if i were a evertonian i would defo slag you off badly when you zapped my points, there is no need to for me to apologies.

Better still, get the autographs of the LFC players & post them here ... your points will definitely soar like never before. Cheers. :D

I will try to get it when i have the chance.

Correct me if i m wrong on the above. Cheers

hawksbay
23-08-2007, 05:41 AM
Brady, being from the REPUBLIC of Ireland ... is not a Brit. :rolleyes:
After Juve let him go becoz of the quota issue, he went on to play for Sampdoria, Inter Milan & Ascoli ... before returning to British shores to play for & retire from West Ham.
For the record, Souness took over his place in the midfield at Sampdoria after he left.

thats wat i said irish i did not say he is a brit:p

hawksbay
23-08-2007, 05:52 AM

milan actually made a mistake with blissett in fact they wanted to sign john barnes.

rahl
23-08-2007, 10:30 AM

Welcome bro to the thread. Unfortunately none of us can up you here as it's no longer allowed in the EPL forum (King must have zapped you in another thread). But what you say sound interesting and I'd certainly like to have a first hand view of Pool, the songs, the passion, the piss, and what not. ;)

_AXL_
23-08-2007, 01:37 PM
yup andy brehme it was suppose to be lothar mattaus but he had a faulty boot so he asked brehme to take it or mayb he got cold feet

isit?:eek:but brehme's penalty was one of the most well-taken penalties i have ever seen!!! the keeper, already garnered a reputation of being a penalty stopper dive on the correct side at full stretch but still cant reach... cos the ball curled into the side-netting leh...

bro, welcome again, ya? u will be a hero to us all by giving us info (read: even better if u have live pics or vids) from merseyside itself!!!

meanwhile, enjoy your reading...;)

beck7777
23-08-2007, 01:38 PM
oh man u could not get past those italian legends in defence,they simply mastered the art of defending,in those days all the young boys had the italian defenders posters up on thier bedrm walls not strikers everyone wanted to be a defender,gentile wld jus kick u off the park jus ask maradona n zico.

Always feel that Italy is the birthplace of all top top defenders...

Till today, we still world class defenders like Nesta, Cannavaro..
But the reproduction line seems to slow down thesedays... :rolleyes:

KingEros
23-08-2007, 01:46 PM
About the drugs, its really easy to get drugs here. I believe you know that too. Marijuana and Cocaine is available off the streets, infact i was offered a few times by some mates. I always say no to drugs. He may be part of the party but actually doing it is debatable, as its from the tabloids. I also believe that happened during the spice boys times. For the past 5 years , over here, Jamie has been a role model. Ask any Reds Fan, i think they can vouch for it. I believe you can vouch for that too.

Ok ... I'm fully convinced you are indeed from that part of the world now.

King must have zapped you in another thread
http://forum.sammyboy.com/showpost.php?p=2222688&postcount=234
Yeah, I zapped him at the above ...

scouser_lad ... perhaps you can post something new on your BKK trip again?
Many of the Reds here can't wait to up your points ... for the sin I've done. :o
Anyway, since you're gonna spend a few days here in Sillypore ... I'm more than delighted to play host - buy you a couple of lagers & perhaps watch a Reds game with the lot here?? :D

KingEros
23-08-2007, 01:57 PM
milan actually made a mistake with blissett in fact they wanted to sign john barnes.
I seriously think that was nothing more than an innocent joke from the commentators ... though rather witty, since both Blissett & Barnes were playing for Watford at that time ... Elton John was then chariman.
Serie A was the richest league with the best foreigners then ... how to believe they could actually goof up like that?? Really a case of all niggers look the same?? But Blissett was really dark-skinned while Barnes was more brown, being Jamaican by descent.

isit? but brehme's penalty was one of the most well-taken penalties i have ever seen!!!
Matthaeus was the captain, inspiration, motivation & thunderbolt (not unlike Riise or Carlos, but he's right-footed) in that German team ... so, yes, he was the assigned penalty-taker.
About the boot ... it's not so much as spoilt, but actually a brand-new pair ... the pair used in the semi-final was replaced with this one. As he was fully confident with the "yet-to-be-fully-seasoned" pair of boot ... he passed the buck to the player he trusted most.
Together with Klinsmann, they played for Inter Milan ... for the record, Klinsmann dun take penalties. ;)

KingEros
23-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Just saw something that was multi-orgasmic ...

Manchester Utd as BPL champs this summer
$2.00 >> $3.50

Chelsea as BPL champs this summer
$2.25 >> $2.00

Liverpool as BPL champs this summer
$6.00 >> $3.90

Originally given a distant opening odds of $6.00, compared to the Devil's $2.00 & Chelski's $2.25 ... we have closed that gap at an amazing pace. Well, who would cum more than once after seeing the Devil's odds grow longer at a more amazing pace leh?? :D

_AXL_
23-08-2007, 05:15 PM

haha... kudos to that, for admitting your quickdraw fingers!;)

Matthaeus was the captain, inspiration, motivation & thunderbolt (not unlike Riise or Carlos, but he's right-footed) in that German team ... so, yes, he was the assigned penalty-taker.
About the boot ... it's not so much as spoilt, but actually a brand-new pair ... the pair used in the semi-final was replaced with this one. As he was fully confident with the "yet-to-be-fully-seasoned" pair of boot ... he passed the buck to the player he trusted most.
Together with Klinsmann, they played for Inter Milan ... for the record, Klinsmann dun take penalties.

i knew mattaeus was the designated penalty taker then. but judging from brehme's perfect (in my view lah) penalty kick, i felt that the german coach wanted to throw argie's goalie (cant spell his name right and third choice somemore) off cos he was damn adept at saving penalties. argentina must have studied mattaeus and knew that he always blast the spot kick... so in my view, i felt that brehme was actually the internal penalty taker.

and i did see brehme taking penalties for inter, again if i didnt remember wrongly. u see, i depend on memory, unlike bro rahl who keeps a record.:D

KingEros
23-08-2007, 05:31 PM
u see, i depend on memory, unlike bro rahl who keeps a record.:D
Well, I was living in Germany between '88 & '90 ... Matthaeus gave that response (about his boots still being NOT at its seasoned best) when he was interviewed immediately after the game. I dun keep records too ... just images of what I've seen or read or heard myself. :D

scouser_lad
24-08-2007, 06:40 AM
Welcome bro to the thread. Unfortunately none of us can up you here as it's no longer allowed in the EPL forum (King must have zapped you in another thread). But what you say sound interesting and I'd certainly like to have a first hand view of Pool, the songs, the passion, the piss, and what not. ;)

Thanks Bro Rahl,
will post if i got hold of anything new and good!

cheers;)

scouser_lad
24-08-2007, 06:42 AM
bro, welcome again, ya? u will be a hero to us all by giving us info (read: even better if u have live pics or vids) from merseyside itself!!!

meanwhile, enjoy your reading...;)

yeah will try me best, no promises thou.i ts really hard to get premier league games but cup games are easier. :)

scouser_lad
24-08-2007, 06:48 AM

http://forum.sammyboy.com/showpost.php?p=2222688&postcount=234
Yeah, I zapped him at the above ...

scouser_lad ... perhaps you can post something new on your BKK trip again?
Many of the Reds here can't wait to up your points ... for the sin I've done.
Anyway, since you're gonna spend a few days here in Sillypore ... I'm more than delighted to play host - buy you a couple of lagers & perhaps watch a Reds game with the lot here??

Thanks Bro KingEros,

Greatly appreciated. Yeah will defo post any FR from BKK.
We liverpool Fans don't and will not bear grudges against fellow fans. We respect our Team, Our players , Our Fans, thats what make us the greatest club in the world. YNWA.:D

Where do you guys normally watch the games?

Cheers!

PS: Sorry, i realised that i could have use multi quote to post my replies. Will remember to do that next time!:p

_AXL_
24-08-2007, 04:46 PM
yeah will try me best, no promises thou.i ts really hard to get premier league games but cup games are easier. :)

no problem, mate... we'll take anything here...:D

KingEros
24-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Where do you guys normally watch the games?

Well, in this part of the world ... it's either Hard Rock Cafe (a tie-up by the local LFC ISC) or Penny Black (an Irish pub where the expatriates naturally congregate).
For the longest time, I've been trying the boys here to watch the games with me at the above-mentioned places ... but I guess perhaps you being the guest-of-honour might swing their decision?? :D :D

Understand your trip is in Sep, with the following games lined up:
1 Sep = Derby County (H)
15 Sep = Portsmouth (A)
22 Sep = Birmingham City (H)
29 Sep = Wigan Athletic (A)
Of course, there'll also be the Champions League group matches to consider ... so when exactly would you be stopping over in Sillypore??

LSB_Fan
24-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Now the scums wanna investigate us over the Heinze deal. Nbzzz. Talk about real double standards. :mad:

boon huat
24-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Now the scums wanna investigate us over the Heinze deal. Nbzzz. Talk about real double standards. :mad:

he's just trying to divert attenton away from his team, especially the poor the start has put some pressure on him...mad dog will anyhow bite :D

hawksbay
24-08-2007, 09:54 PM
he's just trying to divert attenton away from his team, especially the poor the start has put some pressure on him...mad dog will anyhow bite :D

not to worry bros "THE POWER OF THE BEARD" will prevail:D

hawksbay
24-08-2007, 09:57 PM

yup true take for instance tevez trfs to to the scums how fast the FA got it sorted out,i doubt the FA wld pursue this cos they will be opening up a can of worms.

hawksbay
24-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Just saw something that was multi-orgasmic ...

Manchester Utd as BPL champs this summer
$2.00 >> $3.50

Chelsea as BPL champs this summer
$2.25 >> $2.00

Liverpool as BPL champs this summer
$6.00 >> $3.90

Originally given a distant opening odds of $6.00, compared to the Devil's $2.00 & Chelski's $2.25 ... we have closed that gap at an amazing pace. Well, who would cum more than once after seeing the Devil's odds grow longer at a more amazing pace leh?? :D
bro wats is BPL? british premier league:rolleyes:

skyhawk958
24-08-2007, 10:25 PM
yup true take for instance tevez trfs to to the scums how fast the FA got it sorted out,i doubt the FA wld pursue this cos they will be opening up a can of worms.

now man u not performing,so ferguson want to divert attention and pressure:D

KingEros
24-08-2007, 11:53 PM
bro wats is BPL? british premier league :rolleyes:
From this season & beyond, the EPL has become the BPL ... becoz Barclays has become the sole main sponsor. You haven't noticed?? :rolleyes:

ANDYSIAO14
25-08-2007, 12:04 AM
From this season & beyond, the EPL has become the BPL ... becoz Barclays has become the sole main sponsor. You haven't noticed?? :rolleyes:
I just noticed...
http://i13.tinypic.com/4p9eag0.gif

scouser_lad
25-08-2007, 04:38 AM
Well, in this part of the world ... it's either Hard Rock Cafe (a tie-up by the local LFC ISC) or Penny Black (an Irish pub where the expatriates naturally congregate).
For the longest time, I've been trying the boys here to watch the games with me at the above-mentioned places ... but I guess perhaps you being the guest-of-honour might swing their decision??

Understand your trip is in Sep, with the following games lined up:
1 Sep = Derby County (H)
15 Sep = Portsmouth (A)
22 Sep = Birmingham City (H)
29 Sep = Wigan Athletic (A)
Of course, there'll also be the Champions League group matches to consider ... so when exactly would you be stopping over in Sillypore??

I will be in sillypore before the birmingham game. i think there are plans on the birmingham game. i think we can join yu for the wigan game. will pm yu when i m back to sillypore.

cheers:)

hawksbay
25-08-2007, 06:16 AM

me too jus notice:D

Naka_Timo
25-08-2007, 11:38 AM
posted wrongly.

qw2op
25-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Liverpool to win 4-0

bro, u've posted dis in ze wrong thread ...

Naka_Timo
25-08-2007, 11:44 AM
bro, u've posted dis in ze wrong thread ...

Oops. thanks. i post it in another now

beck7777
25-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Kenny Dalglish believes Fernando Torres has Barclays Premier League defenders running scared after his performance against Chelsea. The Kop legend was watching from a TV set in Spain as Torres opened his Liverpool account last weekend.

"I was off my seat in Spain when he stood up to Terry in the first half when Terry was screaming in his face," Dalglish told LFC Magazine.

"That's what you want to see from your players – he wasn't aggressive or annoyed, he just showed Terry he wasn't bothered by what he did.

"He got up and stood his ground. He refused to be intimidated but made sure he kept his hands by his sides.

"There's not many people disturb John Terry's calm but Torres did it inside the first 10 minutes.

"I was delighted for him when he scored. The way the boy anticipated what Stevie was going to do with the ball, and then the clever way he stopped and then started his marker tells you he's going to be a star.

"You'd better believe that just about every central defender in the country will have been tuned into that game, and they'll all be nervous about facing him. Maybe even frightened."

Torres' first competitive goal for Liverpool came almost 30 years to the day since Dalglish opened his Reds account.

The man voted number one in .tv's 100 Players Who Shook The Kop series first netted against Middlesbrough on August 20, 1977. The new Kop hero's opener came on August 19, 2007.

If the King himself think Torres is good enough, guess we have oursleves an exciting season ahead! :D

KingEros
25-08-2007, 08:32 PM
What a goal ... finally Sissoko breaking his premier league duck ... & what a way to break it in style.
Good build-ups in the entire first half ... let's hope they dun slow down in the second, so that they can gain more confidence from winning such tough away games more convincingly, more consistently!!!

YNWA ... :D :D

beck7777
25-08-2007, 09:06 PM
I feel we can play better in the 1st half.. Quite fustrating at times when we have tons of possesion and cannot convert them into chances...

I thought Torres should score at least twice...

Let see in the 2nd half! :D

PS. Sunderland GK Gordon like not bad sia...

Cum_Luver
25-08-2007, 09:11 PM
ne na ma, same of story.
dominate but cun kill off opponent...
we should have the match sew-up by half-time, if only Torres is more clinical with his strike. Though you cun deny that Gordon is not bad...

Go Reds Go !!!

more goallllllll

KingEros
25-08-2007, 09:29 PM
PS. Sunderland GK Gordon like not bad sia...
Though you cun deny that Gordon is not bad...
If not for this chap ... we should 3 goals up now - he made 2 goal-line saves leh, no wonder Mr Keane spent 9 million pounds to get him!!!

I'm more bothered with Carra's injury ... think it should be cracked ribs, but really couldn't tell how he got it. Let's hope he's ok by the return leg game against Toulouse.

jootjoot
25-08-2007, 09:34 PM
gotta agree that gordon performed well today. torres looked pressurized to score a goal...

at last.... 2-0............ :D

Cum_Luver
25-08-2007, 09:35 PM
2-0 now, with Voronin scoring....
let hope JC's injury is not serious, we need him....
but at least we still have Sammi Hyppia...

S3vw
25-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Voronin the triple HHH look alike score a deserve goal.....:p
very hardworking forward....

KingEros
25-08-2007, 09:46 PM
let hope JC's injury is not serious, we need him....
but at least we still have Sammi Hyppia...
IMHO, there's a very big difference ... despite the potential & flair in Agger, I still think he is a little raw ... meaning he needs a partner who can rein him in, as well as cover for his lapses.
For the first part, both Carra & Hyypia are still commanding enough to put the kid in his place ... but the lack of speed in Hyypia these days means only Carra can effectively cover for his lapses.

jootjoot
25-08-2007, 09:48 PM
pennant played extremely well today. babel's dribble not bad either.. think JC got injured by reina whilst the latter tried to punch out the ball. could had got in more goals if not for keeper gordon. anyway, looking at the way voronin played, he reminds me of heskey...:D

KingEros
25-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Would any of you have any violent objections if I say the left flank today was our weakest link??
Babel was almost never there, can anyone even remember any constructive contributions by him today?? ... while I still think Arbeloa is only suitable for the continental game, skilful but soft.

On the other hand, I really think Torres is a steal ... despite not scoring (thanks to the saves by that brilliant Scot), he really instilled fear in the defenders.
When he got the ball sandwiched by 2 defenders on both sides, he actually had the audacity to push the ball straight through them & inviting them to outrun him, which they ended up only seeing his 车尾灯!!!
He's just engraved into their heads ... I can beat you, whether I use my brawn or my brain!!! :eek: :eek:

Cum_Luver
25-08-2007, 10:01 PM
maybe should give Benayoun a chance to show his skill.
is he usually play at right or left ? dun seem to remember, old liao...

but with his recent burst of unhappiness with Raf, maybe his day is over.
i hope both of them can clear the air, as he is good player..

coolfire69
25-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Would any of you have any violent objections if I say the left flank today was our weakest link??
Babel was almost never there, can anyone even remember any constructive contributions by him today?? ... while I still think Arbeloa is only suitable for the continental game, skilful but soft.

On the other hand, I really think Torres is a steal ... despite not scoring (thanks to the saves by that brilliant Scot), he really instilled fear in the defenders.
When he got the ball sandwiched by 2 defenders on both sides, he actually had the audacity to push the ball straight through them & inviting them to outrun him, which they ended up only seeing his 车尾灯!!!
He's just engraved into their heads ... I can beat you, whether I use my brawn or my brain!!! :eek:

Bro, I totally agree with you on the Torres part, but it seems a little harsh to judge Babel so early. What I did notice was that the team didn't seem to have enough confidence in laying the ball thru Babel's (left) flank and most of the time, chose Pennant's path. But then again, JP is really beginning to look like the player he can be!

Well, all in a day's work... Especially winning 2 away games on the trot... Great start to the new season in a long, long time... :D

scouser_lad
25-08-2007, 10:18 PM

He's just engraved into their heads ... I can beat you, whether I use my brawn or my brain!!! :eek: :eek:

yup bro,
totally agree with yu on the left flank. Babel show a few moment of brilliantness only. Sometimes he try too hard with the tricks but does not take the defender on. The good thing abt him is that he can shoot. Maybe a few games n confidence, he will be better.

Torres is amazing! Unlucky not to get on the score sheet. Uses his strenght n speed well.

cheers!

hawksbay
25-08-2007, 10:23 PM

He's just engraved into their heads ... I can beat you, whether I use my brawn or my brain!!! :eek:

babel is only a young man not easy in the epl opps i mean bpl:p so give him time to develop,guess the "beard of power" noes wats he doing with babel.yup torres have class written all over him cld have had a hattrick.

KingEros
25-08-2007, 10:52 PM
... he actually had the audacity to push the ball straight through them & inviting them to outrun him, which they ended up only seeing his 车尾灯!!!

Torres is amazing! Unlucky not to get on the score sheet. Uses his strenght n speed well.
Just specially in the spirit of YNWA ... 车尾灯 means tail-lights in Chinese.
Dun end up having those nice-looking characters tattooed on your forearm or something. :D :D

KingEros
25-08-2007, 10:58 PM
maybe should give Benayoun a chance to show his skill.
is he usually play at right or left ? dun seem to remember, old liao...

but with his recent burst of unhappiness with Raf, maybe his day is over.
i hope both of them can clear the air, as he is good player..
For once, I have no idea of this "burst of unhappiness" ...
Care to enlighten??
Scouser ... what's the inside story on Merseyside??

BTW, Benayoun plays on the right ... direct competitor of Pennant.
I was already wondering ... the lad's not injured, so why's he still not playing - except for that sub appearance in Toulouse.

coolfire69
25-08-2007, 11:11 PM
Care to enlighten??

I was already wondering ... the lad's not injured, so why's he still not playing - except for that sub appearance in Toulouse.

Just another twisted piece of journalism bro. Some Israeli newspaper interviewed Yossi's agent and all his agent mentioned when asked about how does Yossi feel about being left out of the first 3 league games, he merely replied that Yossi will keeping fighting and waiting for his place in the first 11 till the day Rafa decides he's not good enough (somewhere along those lines)... Yet the newspaper reported that Yossi wasn't happy, wanted to leave, yada-yada-yada... :rolleyes:

Anyway, my guess is that Rafa's going to field him on the return leg against Toulouse...

coolfire69
25-08-2007, 11:16 PM
babel is only a young man not easy in the epl opps i mean bpl:p so give him time to develop,guess the "beard of power" noes wats he doing with babel.yup torres have class written all over him cld have had a hattrick.

I'd use the metaphor, "coiled spring" on Torres, his latent pace is really amazing, the positions he takes up is so natural, such that opposing defenders don't realise he's already there... :D

rahl
26-08-2007, 12:12 AM
BTW, Benayoun plays on the right ... direct competitor of Pennant.I was already wondering ... the lad's not injured, so why's he still not playing - except for that sub appearance in Toulouse.

Babel was non-existent until the counter attack leading to the 2nd goal. Maybe it's better that he comes on as a sub when everyone is tired. We are fortunate that it was Sunderland and we didn't get punished for a no-show on the left.

I think the way Yossi plays, he can play on either flank.

GPLs
26-08-2007, 12:17 AM
Benitez puts faith in Liverpool squad

Saturday, August 25, 2007, 22:48:03 HRS

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez said Saturday's 2-0 win at Sunderland showed the Reds' strength in depth this season.

Liverpool claimed victory at the Stadium of Light thanks to a 37th-minute strike from Mali midfielder Mohamed Sissoko, filling in for injured captain Steven Gerrard, and an 87th-minute effort from Ukraine striker Andriy Voronin.

The win maintained Liverpool's unbeaten start to the season ahead of their crucial Champions League third qualifying round second leg against Toulouse on Tuesday.

The Reds lead 1-0 from the first leg in France.

"We showed character, I think we played well, we had a lot of chances and, OK, we killed the game at the end but I think it's really good for our supporters and for everybody in the club," Benitez told Sky Sports television after the win on Wearside.

"In this time and this period when everybody was talking about our performance away last season, I think it was really important to win.

"I think it was important to see different players doing the job, it showed how strong our squad is now.

"We have a stronger squad and we can see players can go round the defenders, so you know always that you will create chances -- and that breeds confidence in the other players."

Sunderland boss Roy Keane said Liverpool had outclassed his newly-promoted side and sometimes the Black Cats had to accept defeat.

The former Manchester United midfielder praised the Reds and said they were in with a shout of winning the English Premier League.

He said Sunderland had to learn from the defeat.

"They've got a good chance to win the league this year and we saw that with the strength in depth that they've got," the Irishman said of Liverpool.

"Overall, I've got not too many complaints. I'm delighted with our lads and the efforts they've put in, they showed some good bits of quality. But it just wasn't our day.

"It's tough when you're playing against teams like Liverpool and the strength in depth they've got is very strong."

Following last Saturday's 3-0 defeat at Wigan, life gets no easier for Sunderland, who face champions Manchester United next Saturday.

"We've got another tough game next weekend so it's been a tough start for us but in the Premier League every game is going to be difficult. We found that out last weekend but it's the place we want to be.

"We have to learn quickly from these games, even towards the end there we were still trying to get a goal back when sometimes you've got to take your medicine and take a 2-0 defeat. But our players will learn from that.

"We've got a lot of young players, a lot of inexperienced players, but we're here to stay and enjoy ourselves."

Keane said he wanted to add to Sunderland's squad before the transfer window closes at the end of August.

"Maybe we are sometimes lacking a little bit of experience," he said.

"So we're looking at one or two players. We're probably short of a striker and a defender and we've picked up injuries at the start of the season.

"Your squad is tested but I'm sure we'll come through with flying colours."

rahl
26-08-2007, 12:18 AM
I'd use the metaphor, "coiled spring" on Torres, his latent pace is really amazing, the positions he takes up is so natural, such that opposing defenders don't realise he's already there... :D

His pace is frightening but it always depends on the player having it in his mind to use it. Torres plays like he is without fear. I think 3 times in the match he chased the defender with the ball and got it because of his pace. What a wonderful young player we got. ;)

beck7777
26-08-2007, 12:41 AM
I say lets give Babel some time to settle in..
Afterall BPL its a tough league to play in, especially for flair players..

Torres should have scored, despite giving defenders nightmare all noon..
He looks abit distracted.. The hot weather maybe? Afterall not much noon kickoff in Spain anyway..

AND! I feel its a poor performance from Liverpool overall..
We had posession but not those as in attack.. Our final third looks poor at times....

Though people say champions can win ugly at times, it doesnt hurt to win pretty all the time right? :D

qw2op
26-08-2007, 01:49 AM
Well, in this part of the world ... it's either Hard Rock Cafe (a tie-up by the local LFC ISC) or Penny Black ...
u may oso want 2 consider 'The Cavern' @ boat quay ...

dey hv a big projector screen n many tv's inside n oso outside ... wif 2 behind ze bar ...

ze eoa (east of anfield club) is there ...

dey wil form a ring n sing 'u'll nvr wok alone' juz b4 ze kick-off ... u may join dem .. wen ze crowd @ ze actual stadium starts 2 sing a song, dey wil oso sing ze same song ... wen, ze game is over, again dey wil form a ring n sing 'u'll nvr wok alone' ... think bro scouser_lad wil feel quite @ home there ... http://www.websmileys.com/sm/cool/049.gif

over there, u hv a whole crowd cheering wif u until hoarse ... groaning wif u 4 evry missed opportunity ... n shouting 'f**k off' wif u @ evry wretched opponent player ... :D

price-wise ... hieneken (me took hieneken only) cost $10.60 (7% gst incl.) during happy hour ... no service charge ... tips @ ur discretion ... happy hour lasts until 9pm (whole nite 4 eoa member) ... dey oso hv a western menu if u want 2 hv dinner ... if u want sumthing lighter, dey hv things like chicken wings, pizza, satay, etc. (prices range fr 10 2 20 $) ...

if u want 2 get a seat inside, b early ... otherwise, u will hv 2 stand n watch inside ... sit outside oso can, dey oso hv tv screens outside ... but u dun hv ze atmosphere ...

LSB_Fan
26-08-2007, 01:55 AM
...Momo scores finally
...Torres playing up to his hype
...2 away wins and what should have been a home win against Chelsea
...Voronin making most of his critics eat their words

AND THE BEST IS YET TO COME

YNWA

scouser_lad
26-08-2007, 05:05 AM
Care to enlighten??

to be very frank, we are quite puzzled with that report too. Benayoun said that he will be willing to fight for his place and wait for his chance when he signed for liverpool. For the fact that he took a pay cut to join Liverpool shows that he is not for the money and Rafa told him that he will be a squad player before he sign the contract. Benayoun should know what he is up against when he join us, unlike in west ham where he is the "star".

We reckon that it could be the tabloid that play up the story. Maybe he is unhappy for not being in the line up but its was not burst of unhappiness. The tabloids added "burst of " to his unhappy word to make it sound bad. And they also quote that his agent who indirectly said that Benayoun said it. The words did not come from the horse's mouth so i reckon that it shld not be taken seriously.

To make matters slightly complicated, Pennant is superb on the right since Feb. He has put secured the right wing as his. To me his is the most improved player, well shld i say midfielder as Agger is another improved player.Benayoun might have to wait for his chance to play but i think he will start this wed against Toulouse. Pennant might be rested.

Cheers!:)

KingEros
26-08-2007, 09:34 AM
To make matters slightly complicated, Pennant is superb on the right since Feb. He has put secured the right wing as his. To me his is the most improved player, well shld i say midfielder as Agger is another improved player. Benayoun might have to wait for his chance to play but i think he will start this wed against Toulouse. Pennant might be rested.

In the last year or so ... I've personally noticed that Pennant seemed to be Rafa's blue-eyed boy. Even the commentator last nite said he played (not started) the most games last season amongst all others in the LFC first team squad.
Good thing is ... with such TLC, the so-called "bad boy" is really making good ... with some very lively runs down the right flank on a very consistent basis. :D

As far as "squad player" is concerned, the only established ones still waiting to make their league debuts this season are ... Benayoun & Crouch. In comparison, Rafa's other blue-eyed boy is Kuyt ... & IMHO, even Voronin is now higher up on the pecking order than Crouch - fully justified based on the 2 times Voronin has played though ... mind you, how not to when his stats read 2 goals in 2 starts!!!

Since you said you live near the medical site, perhaps you can update us on the progress Hyypia (suspected broken nose) & Carra (suspected broken rib) is making, with regards to their prospects for the Toulouse game on Tue.
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N156795070825-1521.htm

KingEros
26-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Can't remember who ... but this link was posted over here some weeks back.
http://www.fantasyrafa.com/index.php

It's not easy ... over our last 4 games, my average score is 8/11 - never even once getting the teamsheet fully right. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I have created a mini league ...
League Name: SBF
Passowrd: sammiboy
Do join me there for a wee bit of "rubbing shoulders & bragging rights" type of fun ... if you are already registered playing this game. :D

Frankiestine
26-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Voronin the triple HHH look alike score a deserve goal.....:p
very hardworking forward....

hahaha bro u nail it there...i was wondering through out the match that he did resembled some one familiar...and one thing good to see is that both Torres and Voronin are no push over..they can dish it out as well as received it..but kudos to their keeper Gordon, he really kept our front line out by making a few good saves..

Frankiestine
26-08-2007, 10:23 AM
[B]Would any of you have any violent objections if I say the left flank today was our weakest link??/B]

I agreed on that point as most of the crosses were coming in from the right...i think Riise would have been better suited on the left wing..Babel undeniably got the skills but still a bit raw..

picu
26-08-2007, 11:10 AM
hahaha bro u nail it there...i was wondering through out the match that he did resembled some one familiar...and one thing good to see is that both Torres and Voronin are no push over..they can dish it out as well as received it..

Thought Voronin looked more like RVD? :D

However, was slightly disappointed with his passing (could be more goals if they were more accurate), but his control of the ball is quite good!

wavelet
26-08-2007, 11:10 AM
I agreed on that point as most of the crosses were coming in from the right...i think Riise would have been better suited on the left wing..Babel undeniably got the skills but still a bit raw..

High profile signing Paletta is going off? Looks like we are going to have center problem...

KingEros
26-08-2007, 11:30 AM
High profile signing Paletta is going off? Looks like we are going to have center problem...
Where did this come from??
Can substantiate with the report you see or heard or not ... :confused:

coolfire69
26-08-2007, 11:34 AM

Bro, it's just another rumour... :p

coolfire69
26-08-2007, 11:40 AM
His pace is frightening but it always depends on the player having it in his mind to use it. Torres plays like he is without fear. I think 3 times in the match he chased the defender with the ball and got it because of his pace. What a wonderful young player we got. ;)

Not only does he have no fear... This guy has supreme confidence. Always looking for that cheeky "walk past" round a defender. And he's strong for a Spanish lad too. Slur alex must be wanking his pants off about not getting him... :p

soccer_maniacr7
26-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Happy that we won... now to get past Toulose & get into the CL group stage & beat Derby (i thk our next opponent at Anfield)... Things looking promising so far...

rahl
26-08-2007, 12:54 PM

I get the shivers when he plays...I think Riise and Arbeloa can fill in for the CBs, although they lack the aerial presence.

rahl
26-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Not only does he have no fear... This guy has supreme confidence. Always looking for that cheeky "walk past" round a defender. And he's strong for a Spanish lad too. Slur alex must be wanking his pants off about not getting him... :p

Ah the arrogance of youth. :p

Can't wait to see him match up to Donkey Rio.

coolfire69
26-08-2007, 03:48 PM

Mr Forgetful will be sniffin his arse... :D

KLKOOL
26-08-2007, 04:07 PM

Yah.. and in soccer, have more rumor and gossip than hollywood. :p

KLKOOL
26-08-2007, 04:09 PM

If Terry cannot handle him, what hope does Rio have :rolleyes:

scouser_lad
26-08-2007, 07:07 PM

Bros,

Yup we just sold Paletta to Boca Juniors.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N156803070826-1036.htm

cheers

Exciter101
26-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Bros,

Yup we just sold Paletta to Boca Juniors.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N156803070826-1036.htm

cheers

Such a pity, a gem worth grooming for the future... :(

Valenn
26-08-2007, 07:55 PM

Yes. It is a pity that he is no longer.

Hello all Pool supporters. I am new to the forum and was surprised to see a Liverpool thread and soccer area. Sex and Soccer. Deadly combination.

YNWA

Cummon
26-08-2007, 08:14 PM

Rafa has given Paletta enough chances to prove himself,he is simply not good enough for us.
Think Mikel San Jose will be groomed as our cover for central defender.

Rafael Benitez has spoken of his delight in capturing Spanish starlet Mikel San Jose from Athletic Bilbao.
The centre-half will start life at Anfield in Gary Ablett's reserve team squad - but Benitez thinks he has all the potential to break into the first team over the coming seasons.

San Jose was in impressive form during the summer as he helped Spain win the UEFA European Under-19 championships. Spain beat Greece 1-0 in the final last month.

"Mikel can play in central midfield or centre half. He won the Under-19 tournament with Spain during the summer and is a good prospect for the future," enthused Benitez.

scouser_lad
26-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Maybe is time to let the younger players to play. Quiet fancy giving Jack Hobbs a chance. Good to see an English Center Back.

Cheers

coolfire69
26-08-2007, 10:03 PM

...Come true!! :p

KingEros
26-08-2007, 10:42 PM
I get the shivers when he plays...I think Riise and Arbeloa can fill in for the CBs, although they lack the aerial presence.
I get the shivers whenever I see Paletta play too ... despite his full array of reputation/potential when he was first signed on. He seems to me like he's easily sucked in by the high tempo around, almost as if he's watching a pin-ball game at the arcade!!!

However, in all fairness, both Riise & Arbeloa are no ready-made centre-back replacements ... besides the lack of aerial presence (that's to put it very vey mildly), man-marking strikers or denying strikers the chance to turn & shoot are not in their natural game yet ... :rolleyes:

"Mikel can play in central midfield or centre half. He won the Under-19 tournament with Spain during the summer and is a good prospect for the future," enthused Benitez.
I have my reservation ... Rafa said the same of Paletta when he arrived 2 seasons ago - for the uninitiated, Paletta was considered instrumental in the Argentinian team that won the FIFA Youth World Championships in 2005. :rolleyes:

Maybe is time to let the younger players to play. Quiet fancy giving Jack Hobbs a chance. Good to see an English Center Back.
I dun really care if the lad is English or not, as long as he step up to the plate when called upon.
In this case, if Hyypia & Carra cannot play ... plus the fact that both Godwin Antwi & Miki Roque are currently out on loan, he's probably gonna be called on for the Toulouse game. In comparison, being captain of the reserves team, he's been properly exposed to the LFC system of play ... while Mikel San Hose just arrived an Anfield this summer, despite all his potential.
However, I have this strange feeling, Rafa might put Sissoko (or even Gerrard, if he were fit) in the centre of defence for this (monetarily) critical game against Toulouse.

KingEros
27-08-2007, 01:25 AM
It's finally firm ...
Carra with broken rib & pneumothorax (collapsed lung), so will be out of Tue's game against Toulouse ... dunno when he'll be fit again actually.
Hyypia with broken nose, but trained today ... so should be partnering Agger until Carra is fully fit again.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N156807070826-1643.htm

nightriderinsg
27-08-2007, 03:10 AM
It's finally firm ...
Carra with broken rib & pneumothorax (collapsed lung), so will be out of Tue's game against Toulouse ... dunno when he'll be fit again actually.
Hyypia with broken nose, but trained today ... so should be partnering Agger until Carra is fully fit again.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N156807070826-1643.htm

Hi read in one of the article that though no further treatment for the broken rib, but the second condition pneumothorax (collapsed lung) might take up to 6 weeks to recover:eek: How to sustain BPL challenge without our most consistent CB. Really hope Rafa got the emergency fund for a CB cover, Hamburg's player Kompany maybe??

wolfclan
27-08-2007, 08:04 AM
Mr Forgetful will be sniffin his arse... :D

eeeee...sorry to say, but I dun think that donkey is so fast lor, maybe he will be smelling the sand kick up by Torres....:cool:

Valenn
27-08-2007, 01:58 PM
What a bad time to Lose Carra. Hope this wont affect our next few performances :(

wavelet
27-08-2007, 07:29 PM

I also can't confirm this. I just heard from a friend...Have not seen him play fro quite awhile...

Cummon
27-08-2007, 07:49 PM
LIVERPOOL will be without Jamie Carragher for at least their next two games as the defender recovers from a broken rib and breathing difficulties.

But the centre-half is determined to recover in time to face Portsmouth on September 15, despite spending last night recovering in Fazakerley Hospital.

Scans revealed Carragher did crack a rib during an accidental collision with Pepe Reina at the Stadium of Light, and the 29-year-old was checked in for treatment on Merseyside yesterday after suffering breathing problems.

Further tests revealed a partial pneumothorax. Although that’s often referred to as a collapsed lung, Carragher’s condition isn’t as bad as that sounds.
He’s hoping to be released today after undergoing further tests, but was in positive mood as he spoke about his ordeal.

“Because of the international break, I’m hoping to only miss the next two matches,” said the vice-captain.

wavelet
27-08-2007, 08:21 PM
I also can't confirm this. I just heard from a friend...Have not seen him play fro quite awhile...

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/archivedirs/news/2007/aug/26/N156803070826-1036.htm

Ok...Just get from Liverpool.tv..Gabriel Paletta has join Boca Junior..

coolfire69
27-08-2007, 10:57 PM
eeeee...sorry to say, but I dun think that donkey is so fast lor, maybe he will be smelling the sand kick up by Torres....:cool:

...Or you mean his fart?? :D

wolfclan
28-08-2007, 07:37 AM
The Liverpool game is live on ch21 3am tomo morning.

wolfclan
28-08-2007, 07:38 AM
...Or you mean his fart?? :D

haha....sounds good for tat donkey haha :D

Alkano
28-08-2007, 08:40 AM
The Liverpool game is live on ch21 3am tomo morning.

Wa, need to take mc in order to watch this match liao....:p

canthaveenuf
28-08-2007, 01:03 PM

Totally agree with you bro. This had been quite evident during our game against Chelsea. Shawn Wright Phillips was like tormenting Arbeloa with his speed. We need somebody powerful and fast to cover the left back. As for the left flank, Babel was pretty quiet at first but eventually came to life. Maybe just need to get used to the new position. If he keeps it up, would be a tough competition for Riise. I think very soon, Babel is going to score. He missed like inches in two games liao.

However, I have this strange feeling, Rafa might put Sissoko (or even Gerrard, if he were fit) in the centre of defence for this (monetarily) critical game against Toulouse.

I hope this won't happen. I just cant imagine having Sisoko in front of the goalie. I think we all will have heart attack. Don't get me wrong, Sisoko is pretty OK, esp with his work rate and aggressiveness, but let's face it, he is clumsy. His long legs always get entangled with someone else's wan. If given a choice, I very much prefer Mascerano. Long time no see him play liao.

It is early days yet, but the strike force has certainly proven itself. Although we are still finding it difficult to score early and score a lot, at least, we are moving forward more menancingly now. I especially like it when Torres face up to JT. Hope he does the same we he faces Mr Forgetful from Manure.

So far we have seen various strike force combinations. Which ones you bros like most or felt most potent? Personally, I like Torres-Voronin. Vorinin is much like Kuyt but more dangerous and runs into space better. He could have scored another one that night if he had been more selfish instead of passing to Torres.

In the last year or so ... I've personally noticed that Pennant seemed to be Rafa's blue-eyed boy.

Ha ha Little Red Ridding Hood's Blue Eye boy. :)

Pennant is proving quite indispensable. Good for him. Only wish he could tone down his emotions a bit more and don't get unnecessary yellow cards.

Cheers

Dirk Kuyt
28-08-2007, 05:47 PM
Wat centre back problem?
Boss gonna play 3-5-2 tonite.

Reina

Riise
Agger
Finnan

Babel
Alonso
Benayoun
Mascherano
Pennant

Crouch
Me :D

KingEros
28-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Wat centre back problem?
You say one or Rafa say one?? :confused:
6 hours before the game & you know already?? :confused:

Dirk Kuyt
28-08-2007, 06:17 PM
6 hours before the game & you know already?? :confused:

Some things no need to say one...... we've been working tactically with this formation during the past 2 days training sessions :D

beck7777
28-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Some things no need to say one...... we've been working tactically with this formation during the past 2 days training sessions :D

Did the boss say he wanna drop you for good as well? :D

coolfire69
28-08-2007, 10:03 PM
Did the boss say he wanna drop you for good as well? :D

hehehe... in place of Crouchy & Voronin?? :p

vin2324
28-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Another Pool Fan Reporting....:p

beck7777
28-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Liverpool celebrates 800th birthday today! (wow :eek: )

Not the club, but the city so may it be Liverpool or Everton fans,
lets wish them well and all the best! :D

PS. Its also a tragedy that a Everton kid was shot days earlier.. Sad to hear that..

KingEros
29-08-2007, 02:51 AM
Some things no need to say one...... we've been working tactically with this formation during the past 2 days training sessions
3-5-2, my ass ...

The Reds line-up (vs Toulouse) in full is:
Reina
Arbeloa, Hyypia, Agger, Riise
Benayoun, Sissoko, Mascherano, Leto
Crouch, Kuyt

Subs: Itandje, Finnan, Torres, Alonso, Pennant, Babel, Lucas

KingEros
29-08-2007, 04:07 AM
A quick summary of the 1st half ...

Generally one-way, attacks after attacks ... but where heading is concerned, both Crouch & Kuyt are gilty of missing gilt-edged chances, else we should be 3 goals up at the very least.
However, becoz it was generally one-way, the concentration of the midfield & full-backs were not at their sharpest ... a couple of wayward passes led to quick counter-attacks. Luckily, Reina hasn't got much to do in the entire 1st half.

On the individual basis, it was pleasing to see:
1) Benayoun was very sharp & hungry to impress ... many happening build-ups down the right - one thing is certain, maybe equal on skills but he is definitely a smarter player than Pennant. Let's hope he gets to play more from now on.
2) Arbeloa is definitely better (as in more confident), playing at right-back than at left-back ... was good at linking up with Benayoun down the right flanks & was fast when covering in defence too. Let's hope his versatility will not be his own hurdle.

Oh ... for those without StarHub or any other sources, the score now stands at 1-0 ... Crouch, at full stretch, managed to connect at the far post from a wonderfully deep cross from Kuyt. :D

naemlo
29-08-2007, 04:19 AM
Liverpool up by 2 goals. I go koon liao. :D

KingEros
29-08-2007, 05:09 AM
Good result ... 4-0

A few more things to add:
1) Both strikers need to have extra heading training ... my God, even when not properly challenged, they still dun even know how to time their jumps (so that they will be nicely over the ball) & how to cock the neck muscles (so that they can exert the maximum force). Even a positive demonstration from Hyypia didn't improve things much in the 2nd half.
2) As usual, Babel showed his willingness to shoot, as well as his awesome power in his shots ... but more significantly, I like his telepathic understanding with Kuyt - almost like mitigating for Kuyt that his goals will come if the service was as telepathic as what is between the 2 Dutchmen.

Let's see who gets to play against Derby this weekend ... stand by for another goal-feast. :D

hawksbay
29-08-2007, 06:21 AM
A quick summary of the 1st half ...

Generally one-way, attacks after attacks ... but where heading is concerned, both Crouch & Kuyt are gilty of missing gilt-edged chances, else we should be 3 goals up at the very least.
However, becoz it was generally one-way, the concentration of the midfield & full-backs were not at their sharpest ... a couple of wayward passes led to quick counter-attacks. Luckily, Reina hasn't got much to do in the entire 1st half.

On the individual basis, it was pleasing to see:
1) Benayoun was very sharp & hungry to impress ... many happening build-ups down the right - one thing is certain, maybe equal on skills but he is definitely a smarter player than Pennant. Let's hope he gets to play more from now on.
2) Arbeloa is definitely better (as in more confident), playing at right-back than at left-back ... was good at linking up with Benayoun down the right flanks & was fast when covering in defence too. Let's hope his versatility will not be his own hurdle.

Oh ... for those without StarHub or any other sources, the score now stands at 1-0 ... Crouch, at full stretch, managed to connect at the far post from a wonderfully deep cross from Kuyt. :D

got to agree that benayoun is a smarter player then pennant,wish he wld start more often.

scouser_lad
29-08-2007, 07:09 AM
Wat centre back problem?

Reina

Riise
Agger
Finnan

Babel
Alonso
Benayoun
Mascherano
Pennant

Crouch
Me

rafa used to like to play this formation especially in his first season. this is the formation he used at valencia. But its not a very good tactic in English game, midfielders are very physical n fast in the middle of the park and if two midfielders drift to the side, its very easy to break down th middle. If you check , he hasnt play that formation for a long time.
thats me opinion, bro.

Liverpool celebrates 800th birthday today! (wow

Not the club, but the city so may it be Liverpool or Everton fans,
lets wish them well and all the best! :D

PS. Its also a tragedy that a Everton kid was shot days earlier.. Sad to hear that..

Yup its 800 years of Liverpol history. Today at anfield , we played Z-car, everton tune before YNWA and had a minute applause. To show that despite being rival derby teams , when Liverpool needs both team to stand together in time of needs, we can do it. Apart from Anfield game, the tribute to Rhys Jones , there is a huge fireworks displayed as well.

got to agree that benayoun is a smarter player then pennant,wish he wld start more often.

I feel that both are different players. Benayoun is more like King Luis, he likes to bring the ball in and go direct n his crossing is not as good as Pennant. Pennant is more of a winger compared to Benayoun, he prefers to tear down the flank n make his way into the box or cross the ball.

The left Flank is similar as well, Riise likes to bring the ball down the flank apart when he wants to shoot outside the box. Babel prefers to cut in and play direct instead of down the flank.

Like today games Leto ( had a amazing game) goes down the flank more den cutting in, later Babel comes in , the game change slightly, as he cuts in more often instead of going down the flank.

With our new players, we got some much option in the style we can play.

CHeers...YNWA:D

PS. i got a few clips of anfield earlier when i was there. Just wondering how do i attach them onto the post? Cheers!

wolfclan
29-08-2007, 07:54 AM
only managed tp catch the second half, and agreed with kingeros, hyypia score with a very good header, maybe he can teach and tutor both crouch and kuyt on how to score with headers hehe :D his timing and running into the position to ensure he get a free header is really good, ;)

but its a good game and they score some goals.

Benayoun shows his good passing ability, certainly hope to see him play more games. can't wait for this sat against derby, hope to see more goals again.

cheers.

Exciter101
29-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Resounding victory despite the absence of Gerrard and Carra... :D
The team is starting to gel...

A_C_S
29-08-2007, 10:11 AM
Resounding victory despite the absence of Gerrard and Carra... :D
The team is starting to gel...

haha, so when can see you wearing the reds again? :p

rahl
29-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Good result ... 4-0

The real positive for me was the desire of the players - i.e. those who might be considered second choice - to fight for every ball. The intensity was tremendous. Our first two goals were the result of sheer persistence, I was really pleased to see that. If 'rotation' or whatever the hell it's supposed to be is making players like Crouch and Kuyt hungrier, so be it. :D

canthaveenuf
29-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Glad I stayed up to watch the match. A good win, albeit a bit too one sided, so not a very true reflection of where we stand. Sterner tests awaits us.

Good to see that the new lads are given a run -- Leto and Lucas did pretty good. I think Leto will give Riise a good fight on the left side. The depth of the team is finally showing and it will build confidence.

Good to see also the desire of the players to impress, Crouch especially. With Crouch and Kuyt scoring goals each, Rafa's headache will get bigger. But better he get headache then we fans get heartache. :D

Yep, the strikers do need more heading practice. Last season was like that, this season also like that. :(

Cheers

nightriderinsg
29-08-2007, 05:09 PM
rafa used to like to play this formation especially in his first season. this is the formation he used at valencia. But its not a very good tactic in English game, midfielders are very physical n fast in the middle of the park and if two midfielders drift to the side, its very easy to break down th middle. If you check , he hasnt play that formation for a long time.

I feel that both are different players. Benayoun is more like King Luis, he likes to bring the ball in and go direct n his crossing is not as good as Pennant. Pennant is more of a winger compared to Benayoun, he prefers to tear down the flank n make his way into the box or cross the ball.

The left Flank is similar as well, Riise likes to bring the ball down the flank apart when he wants to shoot outside the box. Babel prefers to cut in and play direct instead of down the flank.

With our new players, we got some much option in the style we can play.

Nice analysis, scouser kid! No wonder everyone says liverpool fan are the most knowledgeable lot. YWNA

beck7777
29-08-2007, 10:47 PM
For bros interested in the black Liverpool CL away jersey, its out now at Queensway selling at 105bucks per pc..

Wanted to get it but somehow find it abit funny.. Must think about it 1st... :D

KingEros
30-08-2007, 12:45 AM
A nice piece of singing praises ... though I dun agree with everything that's written here. ;)

SINGING THE PRAISES OF THE UNSUNG
Paul Tomkins 29 August 2007

We know the identities of those players who win the most plaudits. And almost always it's deservedly so. Such reputations are earned.

Fernando Torres is the latest player heading for that category. But not every player gets his due recognition.

Of course, some players get called an unsung hero so many times they can no longer be considered unappreciated. Steve Finnan is one such player. No sane Liverpool fan underrates him now, although he doesn't always receive his due recognition from outside the club.

Jamie Carragher is perhaps the epitome of unsung-becomes-much-vaunted. So no player is consigned to the category for life.

Part of the problem in appreciating a player is that many people seem to get obsessed with what he can't do, rather than what he can.

Maybe even Torres will suffer this. You know the kind of thing: he doesn't score goals as frequently as so-and-so.

At present, Torres has played three league games: two fairly tricky away fixtures and one very tricky home one. His goal ratio is currently one in three. But he has played a massive part in the winning of both away games, and his goal was likely to prove the winner against Chelsea until the referee intervened.

He was also heavily involved in goals at Villa Park and the Stadium of Light, and but for inspired keeping, might have five or six strikes to his name now.

I'm a big proponent of stats, when used sensibly. But there is something statistically immeasurable about what Fernando Torres does to a defence during 90 minutes. He may miss chances, but the team will score lots of goals because of his superb all-round play. He creates openings for others in so many different ways, both directly and indirectly.

For a flair player he works phenomenally hard. So not only does he give centre-backs no time to rest when they're on the ball, he also runs them ragged when it's at his feet or when he's running off the ball. After 60 minutes those centre-backs must be close to nervous breakdowns.

It might not win him as many headlines, so it is the unsung part of his game: the wearing down of the opposition.

But how do you measure the stress and strain a defence feels with statistics? You can't. You need heart-rate monitors and cortisol tests. You need to check for new grey hairs after the final whistle, and look for hardened man-markers curled up in the corner of the changing room, crying for their mummies.

If you force a mistake from a defender, embarrass him with a piece of skill or blitz him with a burst of pace, even if you don't score you've affected his confidence. Do it continually, and he'll unravel. The moment against Sunderland when Torres burst between the Nosworthy and McShane will have given them nightmares. It was frighteningly direct.

So when Torres received the ball from Babel in the 87th minute, they will have had no idea what he was going to do with it; particularly if they'd also watched what Torres did to Ben-Haim a week earlier. While Torres had the vision and ability to calmly stroke a perfectly-weighted pass into Voronin's path for the second goal, by then it was against tired and tormented defenders who dare not get too close to the Spaniard for fear of further embarrassment.

Another problem is comparing players with those they shouldn't be expected to match up to. It depends where you set the benchmark. While it should be high for any Liverpool player, you have to look at what they do for the team, not just their eye-catching individual moments.

If you compare Dirk Kuyt with Marco van Basten, then like most mere mortals the Liverpool man will suffer. Of course, that doesn't mean you should go to the other end of the spectrum and compare him with Marco Boogers. But Dirk Kuyt offers his own unique qualities that should be appreciated. He's a 'modern' footballer, and while some people will use that as a criticism, I see it only as a plaudit.

Last year he didn't score in the Champions League until the very last minute of the final, but his selfless performances, particularly against Barcelona and Chelsea, were crucial in progressing. He helped win those games.

His role in Torres' goal against Chelsea sums up why I admire him so much. The ball was in the air in the centre circle in Liverpool's half, and Kuyt ran back and jumped with more conviction against the much taller Obi Mikel, and won the ball for the Reds. Had he not, Liverpool would have been under the cosh.

But from there Alonso headed to Gerrard, and suddenly a lightning break was underway.

But apart from Kuyt's involvement there, I loved the way he burst forward to support his strike partner. A lot of other hardworking strikers would have seen their involvement in the move as over –– watching with admiration as the ball disappeared upfield –– but not Kuyt, and that's why I think he has the right instincts.

Not only had Torres got a 30-yard head-start on Kuyt when Gerrard's pass was released, but Kuyt doesn't have the Spaniard's pace. However, at the exact moment Torres struck the ball towards goal, with four Chelsea players chasing back, Kuyt arrived unmarked into the 'D' of the penalty area. Had Torres decided the angle was against him he could have rolled the ball to the penalty spot for the oncoming Dutchman to strike home. Similarly, if Cech had parried the shot, Kuyt stood a good chance of nabbing the rebound.

Two years ago Peter Crouch was something of an unsung hero. Then he found his goalscoring touch, and now people are wondering why he isn't playing. But for the first time, it seems, Benítez has four strikers he is very happy with. That said, he can't play them all, obviously.

But I'd be surprised if Crouch doesn't have a significant role to play this season. With Torres able to hold the ball up away from home, as well as burst in behind defences, it's perhaps now at Anfield where Crouch will be deployed most. If teams come to sit back, then Crouch's aerial presence will trouble them around the area. Pair him with Torres, and that's two tall strikers to feed on crosses from another unsung hero who's winning over the fans in droves: Jermaine Pennant.

Given that his arrival was low-key, and he was not a household name, Andriy Voronin seemed destined, in the eyes of a lot of fans, to fill the position of underrated squad member. But if he carries on with his quick and clever movement, deft touches, powerful shooting and hard work, he certainly won't be an unsung hero. I expected him to be a handy free transfer, but he's been far better than anticipated.

Not as overtly tricky as Luis Garcia, he appears to have his goalscoring knack, while being more consistent with his passing.

Alvaro Arbeloa is another who doesn't win many headlines, but who continues to impress. I said when he first joined that he reminded me of Rob Jones, in both his physicality and his ability to look as comfortable at left-back as on the right. He's quick, and a tenacious tackler, but he also has a lot of skill.

Momo Sissoko, hero at the weekend, is a player who sometimes splits fan opinion. To my mind he has an under-appreciated ability on the ball, and the pace and quick feet to go past people –– meaning he has the potential to become a real attacking force. His main strength is breaking up play, but when he does so he often looks to get the ball quickly upfield with a forceful run.

But until this weekend, his finishing clearly let him down. The other major criticism relates to his passing, but I've always felt a lot of it is down to him being too 'excited' from chasing and closing people down. He's 100mph without possession, and sometimes is the same with it. Again, that can be great when he's bursting forward, but at times he needs to pause for a second and take stock.

But the ability to pass is there, even if he's never going to be a ball-playing maestro like Alonso. At 22, he has so much time to mature and develop. While players can continue to improve their technique as they grow older, providing they work at their game, a bigger change can come with improvements to their decision making and composure. That comes almost naturally, with age and experience.

But Sissoko is up against some really talented players for a starting berth in the centre of midfield.

Anyone not featuring much now will get their share of chances before May. Benítez hasn't thrown in too many of the new boys for the league games, to ensure some stability and familiarity to the start. But Rafa will rest and rotate when he sees the need, and with three players breaking bones within the space of six days, injuries will present opportunities.

I wouldn't like to be the person who had to decide which players weren't even going to make the 16 on match-day, as each seems good enough. And while it will be tricky for Benítez too, it's the only way a manager would want it. It's ten times better than struggling to find those good enough to include.

I sense Benítez now has well over 20 players whom he rates and trusts. Kewell, Benayoun, Crouch, Lucas, Mascherano –– these are players in whom the manager has either shown great faith over the years, or tracked the progress of during that time. They're clearly important players to Benítez.

But it's now got to the stage that he has no obvious passengers in the squad. And that can only bode well.

scouser_lad
30-08-2007, 06:15 AM
Bros,

I have some video clips of the Liverpool - Toulouse Game which i took.

1)The huge flag that is always passing around the kop before match:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3sdm8n7nwjz

2)Singing of YNWA

http://www.mediafire.com/?5roz3jdcmm9

3)The 1min of applause for Rhys Jones

http://www.mediafire.com/?epgxnythdn2

4)Sami Hyypia's Goal but got block by one of the stadium pillar.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2wgkeqw21j0

5)YNWA at the end of the game and Kuyt's second goal (not very clear, sorry)

http://www.mediafire.com/?4jbfttw81qk

Hope you guys enjoy it! Just wanna share anfield atmosphere as a spectator.

Cheers:)

ANDYSIAO14
30-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Bros,
I have some video clips of the Liverpool - Toulouse Game which i took.
http://www.mediafire.com/?3sdm8n7nwjz
http://www.mediafire.com/?5roz3jdcmm9
http://www.mediafire.com/?epgxnythdn2
http://www.mediafire.com/?2wgkeqw21j0
http://www.mediafire.com/?4jbfttw81qk
Hope you guys enjoy it! Just wanna share anfield atmosphere as a spectator.
Cheers:)
Cheers Mate.. :)

squee_wee
30-08-2007, 12:19 PM
yay! at last liverpool is playing up to their potential..

qw2op
30-08-2007, 11:46 PM
omigod! :(

Liverpool contact Juventus for defender Boumsong
tribalfooball.com - August 30, 2007

Juventus defender Jean Alain Boumsong is attracting interest from Liverpool.

Tuttosport says Liverpool have made a late move for the Frenchman, who has been made available by Juve this summer.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez needs to find cover after losing Jamie Carragher to a rib injury and selling Gabriel Paletta to Boca Juniors.

rahl
31-08-2007, 12:19 AM
omigod! :(

Don't worry Rafa has just rubbished it. ;)

beck7777
31-08-2007, 12:51 AM
omigod!

Juventus defender Jean Alain Boumsong is attracting interest from Liverpool.

Tuttosport says Liverpool have made a late move for the Frenchman, who has been made available by Juve this summer.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez needs to find cover after losing Jamie Carragher to a rib injury and selling Gabriel Paletta to Boca Juniors.

Tribal football news can read abit nia...
Always anyhow bomb..

What's next? Ronaldino join Liverpool instead of chelski? :D :rolleyes:

picu
31-08-2007, 12:54 AM
CL draw is just over.

Liverpool is in Group A with FC Porto, Marseille and Besiktas :)

KingEros
31-08-2007, 01:22 AM
The draw is done ...

Group A: Liverpool, Porto, Marseille, Besiktas
Group B: Chelsea, Valencia, Schalke, Rosenborg
Group C: Real Madrid, Werder Bremen, Lazio, Olympiakos
Group D: AC Milan, Benfica, Celtic, Shakhtar Donetsk

Group E: Barcelona, Lyon, Stuttgart, Rangers
Group F: Scums, Roma, Sporting Lisbon, Dynamo Kiev
Group G: Inter Milan, PSV Eindhoven, CSKA Moscow, Fenerbahce
Group H: Arsenal, Sevilla or AEK Athens, Steaua Bucharest, Slavia Prague

Personally, I think things could be worst:
under pot 2, getting Porto is still better than ending up with Valencia, Lyon, Roma or Sevilla
under pot 3, getting Marseille is still better than ending up with Lazio, Stuttgart ... or having to travel all the way to Moscow or Bucharest
under pot 4, the best draw could only be Rosenborg or Rangers

I have no qualms about LFC making it past the group stages ... I'm looking at how the three CL away games could affect performances of BPL games the following weekends.

In that sense, I think only Chelsea is void of the excessive travelling ... while Arsenal has it worst, especially if it's AEK Athens & not Sevilla making it past the qualifier. ;)

SKILLFULL LICK
31-08-2007, 01:23 AM
CL draw is just over.

Liverpool is in Group A with FC Porto, Marseille and Besiktas :)

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE...KNOCKOUT STAGE...
HERE WE COME!!!

KingEros
31-08-2007, 01:38 AM
RAFA'S REACTION TO CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW
Paul Eaton 30 August 2007

Rafael Benitez has warned his Liverpool side face a tough task to qualify for the knock-out stages of the Champions League following today's draw in Monaco.

The Reds have been placed in Group A of the competition along with Porto, Marseille and Besiktas as they look to enjoy another successful European adventure this term.

"It's clear when you look at some of the other groups that ours could have been easier," said the Reds' boss.

"Porto have good experience in the Champions League and have enjoyed a good record over recent seasons. They will be tough opposition for us.

"Marseille are a good side in the French league and they will know a lot about us which could make it more difficult.

"And you always know when you go to Turkey that it will be hard because of the travelling involved and the wonderful support they give their teams over there.

"I am always confident we can qualify but as ever the key will be winning the home games and picking up results away."

Valenn
31-08-2007, 01:44 AM
I think Rafa is trying to ease the pressure on the team. Not an easy group, but not that hard i think. Just my 2 cents.

On a separate note, nice to see the team playing well. Toulouse at 4-zip was great. Kuyt with 2 and Crouch with 1. Tough fight ahead for strikers to fill the game slots. Good for us.

Torres may not be scoring, but is terrorising defences. Hope Rafa finds a replacement CB soon.

scouser_lad
31-08-2007, 04:40 AM
Nice analysis, scouser kid! No wonder everyone says liverpool fan are the most knowledgeable lot. YWNA

cheers mate!:)

Cummon
31-08-2007, 05:07 AM
September
18 Porto (away)
October
3 Marseille (home)
24 Besiktas (away)
November
6 Besiktas (home)
28 Porto (home)
December
11 Marseille (away)

Well, Cisse will be extremely eager to prove it's wrong for Rafa to put him into abandon,don't think Zenden will be playing much though.
Expect to see those dirty tricks from Porto players on the pitch & hostile reception while we travel to Turkey.
Under Rafa,we are experts in two legs competitions,should top the group with ease.

Cum_Luver
31-08-2007, 06:41 AM
from the draw, AC Milan is the easiest group..
we should qualify without much trouble...;)

Frankiestine
31-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Expect to see those dirty tricks from Porto players on the pitch & hostile reception while we travel to Turkey.

Porto, aren't they from Portugal?

Valenn
31-08-2007, 11:19 AM

I think our brother means it as two separate points. That portugese will resort to their tricks that would make a HK Kung Fu Movie stunt man proud, and that Traveling to Turkey will be a difficult trip as they are known for giving very hostile receptions to visiting teams.

YNWA

qw2op
31-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Expect to see those dirty tricks from Porto players on the pitch & hostile reception while we travel to Turkey.Porto, aren't they from Portugal?
footbol here hv 2 halves ... 1st half play wif porto ... 2nd half play wif beksitas ... :D

Valenn
31-08-2007, 12:23 PM
footbol here hv 2 halves ... 1st half play wif porto ... 2nd half play wif beksitas ... :D

Then I hope we are the HOME TEAM :D . YNWA

wolfclan
31-08-2007, 01:26 PM

Porto is from portugal, the turks are the team Besiktas. Turks fans are well-known to be quite fanatics, remembering 2 Leeds fans were stab when they played over there few years back.

beck7777
31-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Porto is from portugal, the turks are the team Besiktas. Turks fans are well-known to be quite fanatics, remembering 2 Leeds fans were stab when they played over there few years back.

Well.. Liverpool fans can be damn XL at times also... :D

killin
31-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Based on Liverpool recent excellent performance and the depth of the team. We should have no issue winning in the group state.

My prediction is

1. Liverpool
2. Porto
3. Marseille
4. Besiktas.

Porto was last year Portuguese Liga Champion, we shall not under estimate them.

Marseille, is last year French Ligue 1 runnerup. Toulouse is third ;)... hehe... so i guess we shall have no issue winning both games. Only tricky part is Zenden and Cisse is there, but i doubt if they can cause any damage to our current team....

Besiktas, heard is a turkish team. No much info on this team.

End Game T-shirt Exchange - the sexy version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AycEDeh-ZU&mode=related&search=

scouser_lad
31-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Well.. Liverpool fans can be damn XL at times also... :D

Bro Beck7777,
here are some of my opinion,

Native Liverpool Fans are very passionate fans, jus ike non-native Liverpool Fans. Sometimes passion can make one go mental when ones team is being abuse. Scousers are very nice ppl, warm , friendly but they are hard. Willing to take anything on , especially someone is taking a piss at liverpool. Over in UK, scousers are always deem as the rough, uneducated and poor people look down upon by others in UK,which i think they are not. Just because of perception and rumours set upon them, and with their passions, it makes them look bad. Look at the situation we got in Heysel and Hillsborough, every reds fans shld know that we are wrongly judged. However, i am afraid to say that there are defo a few black sheeps ard especially when they are pissed. And look at the Liverpool Born players in the league, how hard are they? Carra, Gerrard, Barton, Nolan, Phil Thompson and many others. They are passionate about football and nothing else.

Pls correct me if i am wrong....:D

Cheers

beck7777
31-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Bro Beck7777,
here are some of my opinion,

Native Liverpool Fans are very passionate fans, jus ike non-native Liverpool Fans. Sometimes passion can make one go mental when ones team is being abuse. Scousers are very nice ppl, warm , friendly but they are hard. Willing to take anything on , especially someone is taking a piss at liverpool. Over in UK, scousers are always deem as the rough, uneducated and poor people look down upon by others in UK,which i think they are not. Just because of perception and rumours set upon them, and with their passions, it makes them look bad. Look at the situation we got in Heysel and Hillsborough, every reds fans shld know that we are wrongly judged. However, i am afraid to say that there are defo a few black sheeps ard especially when they are pissed. And look at the Liverpool Born players in the league, how hard are they? Carra, Gerrard, Barton, Nolan, Phil Thompson and many others. They are passionate about football and nothing else.

Pls correct me if i am wrong....:D

Cheers

You are right! I understand and know they are 1 bunch of passionate fans..
And when emotional takes over, things can turn nasty, especially those so call black sheep...

Not only Liverpool fans, there are sure some black sheeps among any club fans...

alphalaw
31-08-2007, 04:37 PM
I personally felt its a tough group....

Lets hope for the best! :)

snakehead
31-08-2007, 06:11 PM
I personally felt its a tough group....

Tough???

Porto isn't the same since Mourinho left them......
Marseille's "star" players are rejects who cannot make it in Liverpool's squad....
Bestikas only perform on home soil.....

Liverpool should not have any problems taking care of these teams at all :D
I have full confidence in this year's Liverpool team.

bro snakehead

Cummon
31-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Paiseh Frank,it's indeed a bit misleading when I look at my post again :o

I think our brother means it as two separate points.

Bro, thanks for clarifying :)

Valenn
31-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Tough???

Marseille's "star" players are rejects who cannot make it in Liverpool's squad....

Liverpool should not have any problems taking care of these teams at all :D
I have full confidence in this year's Liverpool team.

bro snakehead

I think the major concern is Marseillle, Cisse will wanna prove something. Porto is still a good team without Moaninho. They are very consistent. As for the Turks... well remember that they have surprised many top teams of late. But we can depend on Rafa on not being overconfident going into matches :D

hotsoup16
31-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Rumour

LIVERPOOL Assistant Manager Pako Ayesteran is set to leave Anfield after a series of disagreements with manager Rafa Benitez.

The Anfield No. 2 is understood to have left club on immediate leave after matters between the two men came to a head yesterday afternoon.

It is understood tensions between the pair - who have been close colleagues for the last decade - have been brewing for several months.

Matters finally reached a critical point at the Melwood training ground yesterday when it's understood Ayesteran indicated he was longer interested in working for Liverpool.

It is understood he will officially leave the club shortly once administrative issues around his contract are resolved.

A series of disagreements are believed to have contributed to the break-up of the partnership.

Ayesteran has had full control over the training and preparation of the squad and there were alterations made during pre-season which led to the disagreements.

It is not believed Ayesteran has an alternative offer under consideration.

However, he was linked with Athletic Bilbao during the summer and Liverpool supporters will be hoping rumours of interest from Manchester United and Chelsea in Ayesteran's services are no more than speculation.

Benitez will now have to begin the process of replacing a man credited with much of the background work behind a successful rebuilding of Liverpool.

Ayesteran is know for his skills in technical and physical areas, including fitness techniques and sports science.

The back room staff which Benitez brought with him when he arrived from Valencia three years ago has now effectively broken up, with former coach Paco Herrera and goalkeeping coach Jose Ochotorena also recent departures for entirely different, amicable reasons.

Cummon
01-09-2007, 07:10 AM
The latest on this burst out :

It is believed that the players were informed of the news on Thursday after training, and it is not expected that Ayesteran will be alongside Benitez in the dug-out for Saturday's home game with Derby.

Liverpool would not confirm any further details, although Benitez said: "Paco has told me he wants to leave, apart from that I cannot say any more. We will have to assess the situation."

It's a massive blow when things are looking good at the moment,hopefully Rafa can sort it out ASAP.

hotsoup16
01-09-2007, 08:25 AM
This will definetely affect the morale of the players

Valenn
01-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Who is going to step up and replace him i wonder? Damn the timing. If he had a better offer and wanted to leave he should have done it during Pre-Season. :mad:

alphalaw
01-09-2007, 01:38 PM

These problems are enough to be tough. :o
pluck points at home then? :o

alphalaw
01-09-2007, 01:40 PM
depend on Rafa on not being overconfident going into matches

Yes, we have the players to do it now, BUT!

is HE going to screw it up with defensive tactics again? :o

sex crusader
01-09-2007, 01:42 PM
I really hope internal problem will not affect their slaughtering of Derby Tonite.:D

alphalaw
01-09-2007, 03:51 PM
I really hope internal problem will not affect their slaughtering of Derby Tonite.:D

3 nil should be very safe. :D

beck7777
01-09-2007, 04:25 PM
I think our players are professional enough not to let the issue affect their game...

I mean, not only in football, everywhere in the working world, there sure be conflicts...

So its still 6-0 to Liverpool! :D

Valenn
01-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Yes, we have the players to do it now, BUT!

is HE going to screw it up with defensive tactics again? :o

Home vs Derby defensive ??? I think not:p

hotsoup16
01-09-2007, 07:45 PM
hope so.I placed my bet @ 9-0:D

qw2op
01-09-2007, 08:05 PM

wat's ze odds 4 dat? :D

hotsoup16
01-09-2007, 08:39 PM
No $$$ no points cos shortage of 1 player to join 3P

Cummon
01-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Reds won’t replace Ayesteran
Sep 1 2007 by David Prentice, Liverpool Echo

RAFA BENITEZ will not be looking for a new number two, despite assistant manager Pako Ayesteran's shock decision to quit Anfield.

The Reds boss confirmed yesterday that Ayesteran, a long-time friend and colleague for the last 11 years, had left the club.

But he believes he already has the staff on board at Melwood who can fill the void.

No one is indispensable in this world,let's move on without 'botak' :cool:

hawksbay
01-09-2007, 09:27 PM

gee guys i doubt derby wld lie dwn n let us go on a rampage,3pts wld be enough to continue the gd start.there is no such things as easy games anymore.saw wat happened to spurs at s'derland n city upsetting utd.

Cummon
01-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Liverpool - Reina, Finnan, Hyypia, Agger, Arbeloa, Alonso, Mascherano, Babel, Pennant, Kuyt, Torres. Subs - Itandje, Riise, Voronin, Sissoko, Benayoun.

Beanpole being left out again,hope to see Babel or Mascherano score their first goal for us.

Valenn
01-09-2007, 09:46 PM

Wow. U R REALLY THE REDS FAN :D Such confidence

Valenn
01-09-2007, 09:50 PM
hope to see Babel or Mascherano score their first goal for us.

The way the team is playing, this would turn out as no surprise. YNWA :p

beck7777
01-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Very impressed by Pennant.. Full of running and trick...

And still find Babbel trying too hard...

Wonder will Torres score tonight... :rolleyes:

Cummon
01-09-2007, 10:48 PM
The way the team is playing, this would turn out as no surprise. YNWA :p

Nice one,Babel ;)

coolfire69
01-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Who needs henry... When we've got RYAN BABEL!!! Great composure he had when taking the 2nd goal... :D

C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!!!

coolfire69
01-09-2007, 10:54 PM
Very impressed by Pennant.. Full of running and trick...

He'll be a revelation this season... And a certain wenger's gonna regret selling him previously... ;)

KingEros
01-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Half-time score: 2-0

Man-of-the-half performance: Jermaine Pennant ... the boy is just so full of hunger & confidence right now, he really made the difference in splitting up the stoid Derby defence. ;)

Dud-of-the-half performance: Dirk Kuyt ... seems like he really need intensive training on how to direct a ball at anything more than knee-height, I suspect he might well be the cause for disagreement between Rafa & Paco. :rolleyes:

Other than that, following that dummy preceding his first goal, I think Babel has just shown the horde of BPL defenders he's not just about hard shooting ... YES, his season has just begun.

Let's see more goals ... & chalk up the pluses on the goal differences.

Xgenre
01-09-2007, 11:22 PM
Wah sian, first time watch the match halfway lose satelite signal. STARHUB!!! what the hell? just when we are threatening to score the 4th goal. to make things worse, you put the 3 not-so-good commentators on... sigh...

I think we look fantastic today. At least we are beating the lesser teams with scorelines that matches the quality of our squad. Very impressed with some of our team that comes with a lower price tag, like Arbeloa. And Voronin in other matches. We have a young team, Babel, Torres, Mascherano, Agger. Our future looks good.

beck7777
01-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Woo... 6 nil!

Torres scored twice!

Ok enough.. 1 more goal and I cant go Pools collect $$ tomorrow! :D

Cummon
01-09-2007, 11:53 PM
Congrats to our Felicia Chin faithful :D

ManuelFerrara
01-09-2007, 11:59 PM
Wow 6 goals huat huat huat!!!! Hope Man U match same score also!!!!

beck7777
02-09-2007, 12:06 AM
Wow 6 goals huat huat huat!!!! Hope Man U match same score also!!!!

Sunderland to win 6 nil you mean? :D

beck7777
02-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Congrats to our Felicia Chin faithful :D

Thanks man!

Good game! Nice to see us demolish lesser teams... Boost our goal difference..

sex crusader
02-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Very 'chun' la you all. Predicted 6 nil!:D Was hoping Kuryt would score as every strikers were on the score sheet.:( Anyway, fantastic win!

scouser_lad
02-09-2007, 12:44 AM
He'll be a revelation this season... And a certain wenger's gonna regret selling him previously... ;)

Totally agree with yu bro, like i always have believed that he is the most improved player. He is just good, i m glad that he is not in the england team because he will not get to play at all, rather he stay at melwood and allow rafa to groom him to a even better player and play harder to proof Man U sc*m (maclaren) that its his mistake to omit him.

That certain wenger does not care if the player has potential, he just like to sell players who are of English nationality.....i suppose thats wat a french will do! haha

Cheers :D

Cum_Luver
02-09-2007, 01:18 AM
hope to see Babel or Mascherano score their first goal for us.

bro, one of ur wish comes true.
Babel scored his first EPL goal...
Now hope to see Mascherano and Benayoun to score their first EPL goal for us.
And it will be complete, with all new signings scoring...:D

Valenn
02-09-2007, 02:01 AM
It was a fine victory. and hard to pick out any one player. To me, Pennant had a fine match. Kuyt did well, but i think his role of playing deep has hurt his scoring instincts. He needs to find them fast to compete against the likes of Voronin (a predatory goal ala Owen and Fowler of old) and Torres. Pennant is doing fine, and Babel is improving. It can only get better. YNWA

Ah Des
02-09-2007, 05:53 AM
LIVERPOOL rocks! Buy STRIKE AOS fanstatic!

Exciter101
02-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Long time have not seen Pool in demolition mode.. :D
Moreover they did it without Gerrard and Carra...
Well done lads....

A_C_S
02-09-2007, 08:27 AM
LIVERPOOL rocks! Buy STRIKE AOS fanstatic!

Eh Ex-ACS point-begger, you drunk liao right, go to sleep lah FUCKER!! Disturb ppl's thread nia. :mad:

coolfire69
02-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Totally agree with yu bro, like i always have believed that he is the most improved player. He is just good, i m glad that he is not in the england team because he will not get to play at all, rather he stay at melwood and allow rafa to groom him to a even better player and play harder to proof Man U sc*m (maclaren) that its his mistake to omit him.

That certain wenger does not care if the player has potential, he just like to sell players who are of English nationality.....i suppose thats wat a french will do! haha

Cheers :D

At the rate JP's going, we don't need someone like Quaresma! Look at the ease at which he made the left flank his own last nite... :D

Frankiestine
02-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Woo... 6 nil!

Torres scored twice!

Ok enough.. 1 more goal and I cant go Pools collect $$ tomorrow! :D

beck...today can shout "huat ah"...:D

ANDYSIAO14
02-09-2007, 12:42 PM
what if gerrard played yesterday.....
ermmmmm same scoreline ?? more?? my guess +2 or +3 goals more... :)

KingEros
02-09-2007, 12:54 PM
what if gerrard played yesterday.....
ermmmmm same scoreline ?? more??
Actually, I wun be so sure ... when Gerrard plays, the rest of the team seems to be more lax, kinda like no need to give 110% anymore becoz Gerrard will always do the magic.
Next matchday is 2 weeks away ... let's hope the momentum is sustained until then. :D

Valenn
02-09-2007, 01:26 PM
At the rate JP's going, we don't need someone like Quaresma! Look at the ease at which he made the left flank his own last nite... :D

Yeah. Looks like a good call from Rafa to give JP a fighting chance for the first team and he has delivered.

Valenn
02-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Actually, I wun be so sure ... when Gerrard plays, the rest of the team seems to be more lax, kinda like no need to give 110% anymore becoz Gerrard will always do the magic.
Next matchday is 2 weeks away ... let's hope the momentum is sustained until then. :D

Yeah. I am also worried about the long rest. Even if Gerrard was available, who would we have sacrificed from last nights line up ? Masch ? Alonso ? Both played superbly and Gerard would have been hard pressed to do better.

YNWA

beck7777
02-09-2007, 03:00 PM
beck...today can shout "huat ah"...:D

HUAT LAH!!! :D

LSB_Fan
02-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Congrats Beck777 and welcome Valenn. :D

Schaumburg
02-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Score was good ytd!! But Liverpool is playing a newly promoted club!

If they beat Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea then the 17 years of not winning the title will be over! :)

I hope and cross finger that Chelsea will lose or draw later!!! :D

scouser_lad
02-09-2007, 06:24 PM
There is a new song at the Kop....

here is goes:
goes to the tune of "the entertainer" scott Joplin

Ooooohhhh
We've got the best midfield in the world!
We've got Xabi Alonso, Momo Sissoko
Gerrard and MascheranOOOOOOOo

Ooooohhhh
We've got the best midfield in the world!
We've got Xabi Alonso, Momo Sissoko
Gerrard and MascheranOOOOOOOo

making Rafa telling us to put potentially in the song....

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N156860070831-1322.htm

hehe

cheers :D

qw2op
02-09-2007, 08:13 PM
it mayb a rumor ... it mayb a gossip ... but 4 dose who r curious as 2 y ayesteran left ...

Ayesteran forced from Liverpool over Mourinho friendship
tribalfooball.com - September 02, 2007

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez fell out with assistant Pako Ayesteran because he was becoming too cosy with Jose Mourinho, it has been revealed.

The News of the World says the simmering row between the Liverpool management team boiled over after the Premier League clash with Chelsea at Anfield two weeks ago.

And it came to a head when Ayesteran walked out on Thursday.

Boss Benitez was furious when he saw Ayesteran hugging Mourinho and joking after the Londoners had pinched a point through Frank Lampard's controversial penalty.

An Anfield insider said: "That was about the last straw for Rafa.

"Everyone knows Mourinho is not his favourite person and when he saw Pako showing such affection towards him he saw that as blatant disloyalty.

"There has always been friction between Benitez and Mourinho and Rafa did not take too kindly to one of his staff joking with the opposition manager � especially as he felt Liverpool had been robbed of victory."

Valenn
02-09-2007, 10:43 PM
Score was good ytd!! But Liverpool is playing a newly promoted club!

If they beat Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea then the 17 years of not winning the title will be over! :)

I hope and cross finger that Chelsea will lose or draw later!!! :D

No need to hope others do badly. We must win based on our own merit. I think to comprehensively beat any team, newly promoted or otherwise, 6-0 is a mean feat not easily accomplished. YNWA

scouser_lad
03-09-2007, 12:06 AM
[QUOTE=qw2op;2250248]it mayb a rumor ... it mayb a gossip ... but 4 dose who r curious as 2 y ayesteran left ...[QUOTE]

another story is that paco is link to valencia and rafa question him abt it. paco was not happy with the questioning.

KingEros
03-09-2007, 01:00 AM
Yippee ...

#1 ... both Man City & Chelsea couldn't win their games this weekend, so Pool gonna stay tops.

#2 ... no league games until another 2 weeks' time, so Pool gonna stay tops until then.

#3 ... Pool is tops despite playing 1 game lesser than the chasing pack, less Arsenal of course.

Think it's gonna be a good experience in whetting the boys' appetite to continue working hard at maintaining the pace ... I dun care what others say, it's always gonna be much easier to maintain your lead than trying to play catch-up, no matter whether it's in a game of football or the game of life itself. :D

scouser_lad
03-09-2007, 02:42 AM
Yippee ...

#3 ... Pool is tops despite playing 1 game lesser than the chasing pack, less Arsenal of course.

Think it's gonna be a good experience in whetting the boys' appetite to continue working hard at maintaining the pace ... I dun care what others say, it's always gonna be much easier to maintain your lead than trying to play catch-up, no matter whether it's in a game of football or the game of life itself. :D

yeah bro KingEros,

Futhermore , arsenal played 3 home games and 1 away, their game in hand is away to blackburn which might proof tricky for them. Our game in hand is home against west ham. So it looks favourable to us.:cool:

scouser_lad
03-09-2007, 06:23 AM
yeah bro KingEros,

Futhermore , arsenal played 3 home games and 1 away, their game in hand is away to blackburn which might proof tricky for them. Our game in hand is home against west ham. So it looks favourable to us.:cool:

sorry, its not blackburn but newcastle. my bad.

wolfclan
03-09-2007, 08:06 AM
sorry, its not blackburn but newcastle. my bad.

alamak bad mistake bro, but the way newcastle playing this season, and with their full range of strikers, plus big sam, newcastle will be hard to beat at home.

wolfclan
03-09-2007, 08:08 AM
HUAT LAH!!! :D

bro u bet no of goals ah? or AOS? AOS was at S$15. anyway its a good performance especially good to see babel scoring. the goal he score really good man, good skill and he is not those typically winger, think his body size is 1.5 times that of pennant.

beck7777
03-09-2007, 08:57 AM
bro u bet no of goals ah? or AOS? AOS was at S$15. anyway its a good performance especially good to see babel scoring. the goal he score really good man, good skill and he is not those typically winger, think his body size is 1.5 times that of pennant.

I bet on Total Goals... Dunno much about the system of Sillypore Pools so dunno anything about this AOS until I read in The Newpaper... :D

Schaumburg
03-09-2007, 01:51 PM
No need to hope others do badly. We must win based on our own merit. I think to comprehensively beat any team, newly promoted or otherwise, 6-0 is a mean feat not easily accomplished. YNWA
Well pai sei my hope had come true! :)

Chelsea is a taiko team! Hope they continue to drop points!:D

Valenn
03-09-2007, 02:50 PM
alamak bad mistake bro, but the way newcastle playing this season, and with their full range of strikers, plus big sam, newcastle will be hard to beat at home.

Martins and Owen, on their day, world class strikers and a threat to our team. But overall depth and strength in squad, they cannot compare. Big Sam has always been known to frustrate the other team for a draw or nick a win, but that's Bolton. This is Newcastle with different expectations. I think there is also some pressure on him to win at home against liverpool.

Valenn
03-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Well pai sei my hope had come true! :)

I think u must also hope for Arse and Manure to drop too. I think our main challenge is from these two, depending on injury situation

scouser_lad
03-09-2007, 03:19 PM

hoping arsenal drop their game in hand against newcastle and we win our game in hand against west ham, we will lead the table by 3 pts. :cool:

Big Sam knows wat he is doing, first thing he did at newcastle is to drop all the defenders that he doesnt like and starting to look for new defenders. Their style of play is similar to bolton but they got more moeny and stronger squad in attack.

Foot Soldier
03-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Well pai sei my hope had come true!

Don't let the chelsea fans saw this:D

Cum_Luver
03-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Top five footballers to play for both Liverpool and Man United

It will come as a shock to younger fans of both Liverpool and Manchester United that numerous players have represented both of the fierce North West rivals.

Many in fact have been transferred directly between the two clubs although this has not occurred for 43 years.

1. Phil Chisnall - Manchester United (1961-64) & Liverpool (1964-67)

Manchester born Phil Chisnall was the last player to move directly between the two clubs in 1964.
At Manchester United he won silverware - lifting the FA Cup in 1963 - and scored eight goals in 35 appearances for the club.
Chisnall was signed for Liverpool by Bill Shankly for a significant sum of £25,000 and played in some significant games such as the clubs first European Cup match against Reykjavik and the first ever BBC Match of the Day broadcast.
However Chisnall played only a handful of matches for the club and left for Southend United where achieved most success - he scored 28 goals in 142 games.

2. Paul Ince - Manchester United (1989-1995) & Liverpool (1997-1999)

Controversy followed Paul Ince throughout his playing career, whether it was for his robust playing style or the controversial nature of his transfers.
Ince first hit the headlines after signing for Manchester United from boyhood club West Ham - a straight forward enough transfer had the player not been pictured in a Manchester United shirt before the ink had dried on his lucrative new contract.
However Ince silenced the boo-boys by anchoring United's midfield to two Premiership titles, two FA Cups, the League Cup and the European Cup Winners Cup - he then moved to Inter Milan.
After becoming a firm crowd favourite in Milan, Ince returned to England with Liverpool in a £4 million deal - he won nothing at Anfield but will always remember a last minute equaliser against Manchester United.

3. John Gidman - Liverpool (1970) & Manchester United (1981-86)

A good piece of pub trivia - name a player that has represented Liverpool, Everton, Manchester United and Manchester City.
John Gidman - Liverpool born and bred - was brought through the Anfield youth academy before being released.
He was picked up by Aston Villa - then in the Third Division - where he spent seven seasons and gained England recognition for his attacking style from full-back.
Gidman then smashed one taboo by signing for Liverpool rivals Everton for £650,000, although he would fall out of favour with Howard Kendall and after three seasons moved to Manchester United in a player exchange deal for Mickey Thomas.
At United Gidman became a regular and his spell was capped by an FA win over Everton in 1985 - unbelievably he then moved to United's big rivals Manchester City to complete an unique quartet of clubs.

4. Fred Hopkin - Manchester United (1919-1921) & Liverpool (1921-31)

Left-sided forward Fred Hopkin made the first dramatic move of his career when he moved from Darlington to Manchester United in 1919 - the two were massive rivals at the time.
Hopkin was highly regarded at Old Trafford, prompting Liverpool manager David Ashworth to pay £2,800 for his services in 1921.
The transfer was shrouded in controversy as United were fined £350 for giving Hopkin a percentage of his transfer fee - how times have changed.
It took Hopkin nearly two years to score his first goal at the Anfield club, although it will always be remembered as a fire started in the Kemlyn Road stand immediately afterwards.
The player managed to rack up 335 games for Liverpool before returning to Darlington in 1931.

5. Allenby Chilton - Liverpool (1938) & Manchester United (1938-1955)

The fantastically named Allenby Chilton is an example of other player who left one of the big rivals to achieve success at another.
Chilton played amateur-level football for Liverpool before joining Manchester United in 1938.
Eventually Sir Matt Busby - another to cross the divide - recognised his abilities as combative midfielder.
He won the FA Cup in 1948 before going onto captain the side after several seasons of almost unbroken appearances - Chilton missed just 13 games in nine seasons.
Chilton in fact played so much football that he requested a rest from first team action in 1955 - he was replaced by 'Busby Babe' Mark Jones and never played for the club again.

Other notable players

Tommy Robertson - Liverpool (1898-1902) & Manchester United

Tom Chorlton - Liverpool (1904-1912) & Manchester United 1912-1914)

Jackie Sheldon - Manchester United & Liverpool (1913-1920)

Tom Miller - Liverpool (1912-1920) & Manchester United

Neil McBain - Manchester United (1921-1923) & Liverpool (1928)

Tommy Reid - Liverpool & Manchester United (1929-1933)

Ted MacDougall - Liverpool (1966-1967) & Manchester United (1972-1973)

Peter Beardsley - Manchester United (1982-1983) & Liverpool (1987-1991)

Ramon Castilla - Manchester United (2004) & Liverpool (2005)

Cum_Luver
03-09-2007, 05:46 PM
I do not think even those Manchester United (Red Devil) supporter knew that their legendary manager - Sir Matt Busby was an Red, yes during his playing career.

For the record

The divide has also been breached by people as players and managers with no better example than Sir Matt Busby.
Busby played for Liverpool for four years - making over 100 appearances - before beginning his dynasty at Manchester United as manager between 1945 and 1971.

Valenn
03-09-2007, 10:19 PM
nice bit of trivia bro cum_luver. especially about Sir Matt. Cheers

wolfclan
04-09-2007, 09:04 AM
hoping arsenal drop their game in hand against newcastle and we win our game in hand against west ham, we will lead the table by 3 pts. :cool:

Big Sam knows wat he is doing, first thing he did at newcastle is to drop all the defenders that he doesnt like and starting to look for new defenders. Their style of play is similar to bolton but they got more moeny and stronger squad in attack.

certainly hope so, but the way arsenal played with 10 men against portsmouth do suggest the team is maturing, and fast. and not forgetting pool will be visiting newcastle too.

newcastle fans will love to win some cups this season, but guess they would love their team to play like the team keegan created, all out attack and so call sassy football, not sure can big sam do that though. he certainly know how to motivate his team though. and current newcastle team seems to have some defensive lapses still.

YNWA

asiancigar
04-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Although i'm a die-hard ManU Fan..... must say that this year's EPL looks very much like Liverpools' to lose.

Your defense is solid, midfield is industrious and strike force is simply breathtaking and awesome...

Good luck to you Liverpool Die Harders.....

Cheerz
AC