PDA

View Full Version : Buddhist monk slashed 162 tyres after stepping on insect. Guess the race?

Sammyboy RSS Feed
26-01-2016, 12:10 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

http://www.viralthread.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/fasdfd.jpg

Have you ever wondered how Buddhist monks keep themselves in such a zen state? I have, and it seems like such a ballache being nice to people all day every day. Well it seems that some monks deal with their way of life better than others, after one went on a rampage which left him in jail.
Julian Glew, who lives in a wood in Pocklington in the East Riding of Yorkshire, stabbed the wheels of 162 parked cars in a fit of rage. But why did the Buddhist monk lose his shit so badly? (I’m aware that sounds like the start of a risqué joke). Apparently the slashing rampage was started after Glew accidentally squashed an ant…
Awkward.
Glew was put behind bars for 11 weeks after magistrates heard he’d lost control after contravening his belief system, which involved inadvertently killing the insect in September last year. District Judge Fred Rutherford said: “He targeted vehicles randomly and slashed the tyres, that is not the actions of a person who lives for a peaceful co-existence.”
fasdfd

Easy judge, he’s already feeling like a pretty shitty Buddhist right now, no need to rub salt into the wound.
Originally Glew pleaded guilty to three counts of criminal damage, but then skipped his court hearing. He then proceeded to spent three months on then run, before being arrested by officers in West Yorkshire earlier this month.
In an attempt to defend him, his lawyer Joanne Markham said Glew had suffered some mental health issues in the past. She also explained that accommodation had been found for him at a hostel in Hull, following his first court appearance, but it “didn’t work for him because of how he was used to living”.
efaesfaesaes
Miss Markham said: “He has indicated that he feels he should go to prison for what he has done. He has no previous incidents on his record and he lives without means, not claiming any benefits.”
So even Buddhist monks are human after all, that makes me feel a lot better about losing my rag over putting the wrong kind of milk in my tea.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?224092-Buddhist-monk-slashed-162-tyres-after-stepping-on-insect-Guess-the-race&goto=newpost).