PDA

View Full Version : My Eulogy

Sammyboy RSS Feed
16-01-2016, 10:50 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

On this day, Saturday, 16 January 2016, I decide that I will write my own Eulogy.

When others read their eulogies at the parlour, I find them distastefully false of the person lying in the wake. Exaggeration are overstatements filled the funeral hall. Tears roll, albeit erroneously as the eulogists are often “cannon-fairying” about the deceased.

I do not want any eulogies written and read by others. I want to write and be my own, for nothing is better than the words spoken by the body, right there lying in the casket.

Yes, it’s me speaking.

Everyone has to die. None has eternal life. For every death, some cry, others rejoice.

On this day, I write my Eulogy. My own words, my own thoughts and it’s all about how I wish I had led my life.

Have I led a meaningful life? I am not sure, but I hope I did.

Is there life after death? No one knows. The zealots speak about salvation and reincarnation, but none can prove its existence. And when I die and if I happen to read this, I will probably know there is. Alas, by then, I speak zilch and not an iota will know that life still exists after my passing.

Before death, one usually talks about leaving a legacy, in affluence or otherwise to continue forever. But, perpetuity is a mythos. Nothing is perpetual, as all life and its legacy are expendables and have a limited frame of time. Legacy will be eroded and forgotten as time passes and environment changes.

For I once live in this planet, I am happy to be one, who has led the life I want. Life is like a lighted candle ∼ it glows as it lights, shone brightly as it flights through the passing of time and finally extinguishes by itself when it ends.

My candle has now being extinguished as it is destined to be, so there is nothing I can do. All of us will have to lie down ~ be it sooner or later.

When this Eulogy is read, just as I am about to step into the fiery chamber of fire, which ends the existence of my flesh, I have regrets ∼ regret about mistakes made, love lost and kinship distancing. But such is life. Regrets will never bring back the time.

Friends and Kin, I will be on my way first, and I thank you for being the pillars of my life.

With Love,
Claire

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?223552-My-Eulogy&goto=newpost).