PDA

View Full Version : Hazel supports having more foreigners in Singapore

Sammyboy RSS Feed
14-01-2016, 02:40 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/12541077_331060413684811_993439122936010402_n.jpg? oh=2cf29f18a7161ed1ca89db5caa5bf346&oe=5747E866

“I actually support having more foreigners to be in Singapore.” – Hazel (left of photo)

“I believe that they have a purpose to be here and if they want to make Singapore, they are more than welcome to. We still lack in many areas, and it’s from this that we can learn from them and improve ourselves. We need to build on what our forefathers have set for us - the peace and stability. Singapore is a place where people can live in harmony with one another, regardless of race or religion. This is something I really appreciate a lot. I see this as something we will continue to embrace, even with the influx of foreigners.

There’s definitely a lot more we can grow. We are a very young nation, just 50 years. And I’m really excited and feel very strongly that this is the place I want to make my home.”

- Bee Hua (right of photo)

Hazel and Bee Hua are ex-colleagues and they visited the exhibition after following our Facebook page (which if you are reading this, you should too!). I was sharing with them that the reason we are interviewing various Singaporeans on their dreams for the future, is because the future is not set. We need to get people to start thinking about the future, for them to bounce ideas off each other, and for these ideas to fester and grow. That is pretty much what this whole exhibition is about – to get people to start thinking and talking about #SGfuture!

So what is Hazel’s dream for the future?

“For me, I’m quite pro-environment. Ravina’s vertical farms in Home Tomorrow (Dome 3) were my favourite! I think there’s still quite a lot more that can be done in terms of recycling, upcycling, and even vertical farms. It is very rare to find vertical farms in Singapore. We are relying too much on imports even for such a small country.

Sustainability is a way bigger picture. It involves the environment as well, on how well we keep it. A good example would be Japan where they really take care of the environment. They try to recycle and they do not litter. Sustainability is as much a civic moral issue and a social cause. We need to create the awareness among people and make it a concerted effort to improve our environment. “

So has Hazel started growing her own produce? “Well, not really. I tried to grow plants but my even my air plant died on me. But I cook my own food!”

Don’t worry Hazel, our team also tried to grow a tomato plant in our office (following Ravina’s example in the Theatre of Generations) but we failed terribly. Sun-dried tomatoes maybe? Haha

Hanson, The Future of Us team
https://www.facebook.com/thefutureofus.sg/?fref=nf

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?223424-Hazel-supports-having-more-foreigners-in-Singapore&goto=newpost).