PDA

View Full Version : TV set up box

CoCK ShoCk
06-01-2016, 02:29 PM
Topic is about Andoid or streaming set up boxes

Any bros have good recommendations after using one.

There's too many in the market some with annual subscriptions that vary in $.

How abt those who can programme new set up box at a nominal fee.

Any feedback is good to share amongst the forummers.

winner38
06-01-2016, 08:20 PM
I bought a Xiaomi internet TV box and it works well.

I can watch movies, tv series and some limited sports channels from China.

So far ok, very worth the $99 I spent.

If you interested, look for it on qoo10 site, plenty of choices there. Mine is own collected from Sim Lim sq.

You can thank me later, cheers.

computerGuy
07-01-2016, 01:42 PM
from what i heard as well, some require annual fees if not, shows will be "disabled" after a while.

@winner38, how long have you been enjoying yours?

JordanSpieth
07-01-2016, 02:21 PM
I am also looking to get a good one.

Rockster
07-01-2016, 03:29 PM
I am also using Xiaomi for more than year. Been watching Movies, HK drama, US drama, Running Man and BPL. All free without annual subscription.

All you need is a little tech savvy to download cracked app and install it to the box and of coz good internet connection.

However i would not recommend Xiao mi due to its limited disk space.

scoobyts
07-01-2016, 04:05 PM
I am also using Xiaomi for more than year. Been watching Movies, HK drama, US drama, Running Man and BPL. All free without annual subscription.

All you need is a little tech savvy to download cracked app and install it to the box and of coz good internet connection.

However i would not recommend Xiao mi due to its limited disk space.

Any nice app to share?

Rockster
07-01-2016, 04:40 PM
English Movie/Drama - CartoonHD

Samsung118
08-01-2016, 12:40 AM
very ley chey to keep downloading and the annual sub for setup box also not worth unless u watch soccer, y not try netflix now since its launched in SG? got new movies to stay entertained

sky_liner2
08-01-2016, 08:34 AM
Anyone tried using ChromeCast, a small gadget that links to computer or mobile phone and play movies on the TV set? Just ordered mine, an equivalent of ChromeCast from Aliexpress, not sure how it works but it's only about USD12.00 with free shipping.

Squeezy
08-01-2016, 09:26 AM
Hey TS,

I have one Mibox and maybe I'm not a tech person, after a while, all the apps seem to stop streaming. I understand from some of my friends that it's due to rooting issues.
Somehow, during the apps updating, the apps detected that it's in SG and stopped working.
Any bros here can help ah???

altec7
08-01-2016, 12:32 PM
Anyone tried using ChromeCast, a small gadget that links to computer or mobile phone and play movies on the TV set? Just ordered mine, an equivalent of ChromeCast from Aliexpress, not sure how it works but it's only about USD12.00 with free shipping.

Chromecast was launched about 2 years ago and it's a very good and unobtrusive yet powerful device that works on both Android and iOS platforms.

The good thing is that the price has gone down considerably now although app support is still rather limited.

FlipSwitchGuy
08-01-2016, 09:20 PM
Topic is about Andoid or streaming set up boxes

Any bros have good recommendations after using one.

There's too many in the market some with annual subscriptions that vary in $.

How abt those who can programme new set up box at a nominal fee.

Hardware:
Quad-Core and Octa-Core processor - Faster video decode
2GB or 4GB memory - Running more program concurrently (at the same time)
Gigabit network - 10x faster that 100Mbps.

Software:
XBMC or KODI - Official Video portal apps
HDP or VST - Support User Customised IPTV sources

With the above, you no longer to pay to view anymore.
The subscription types are as good as paying Chinese to help you to package of freely available IPTV sources, include all those TW, HK, Macau, Korean, Japan, Vietnam source, including Adults.
These you can get for free if you search Chinese forums.

Xiaoxuan
09-01-2016, 04:00 PM
Great info here. Thank you all for sharing.