PDA

View Full Version : Swiss costs (and russian standards) of living?

Sammyboy RSS Feed
05-01-2016, 12:10 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

In countries like Australia with minimum wage law, a high school (Junior college) teenager can earn more than S$3000/month by working part-time in fast food outlets like MacDonald.

My friend who graduated from NUS engineering is told to be grateful for a full-time engineering job which pays him S$2700/month (and he has to work OT).

Imagine that – a student on part-time job flipping burgers in Australia makes more money than a fully qualified engineer working his ass off day and night in Singapore! And my friend went through a grudging 4 year engineering course at NUS for that?!

To add salt to the wound – A 8 yr old Ford Falcon costs only around S$3000 in Perth. There is no COE or what 10 years nonsense – you can drive it as long as it can go. Many good looking 15-20 yr old cars on road.

I was in Australia for 4 years. My friends all worked during school holidays for Mac to buy their 2nd hand cars. Almost all uni students drive to school.

Yet in Singapore, my engineer friend still has to wake up early to squeeze MRT with Bangala workers/PRCs here. Not to mention having to do the same after a long tiring day at work.

This is a joke – do you see the disparity in the standard of living and quality of life?

Not to forget that a landed, freehold, fully-furnished property (with drive-in auto-garage and swimming pool) in Perth costs only around S$500K – cheaper than a pathetic HDB shoebox which is only 99 yr leasehold and comes naked!

Yet gov still shameless enough to call it “Subsidisied housing”!

PAP said that Minimum Wage law is no good for Singapore – yet at the same time, they are paying themselves millions – the highest paid politicians in the world. Talk about double standards – their duplicity and hypocrisy is boundless.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?222917-Swiss-costs-(and-russian-standards)-of-living&goto=newpost).