PDA

View Full Version : GMS Too Selfish To Pay For Daughter's Insurance! What A Prick!!

Sammyboy RSS Feed
31-12-2015, 05:10 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

I have just received a demand from Medishield to pay for my daughter's Medishield Life premium. She is only 12 years old and does not have any CPF account. Thus, Medishield says we can use another CPF account to pay for her Medishield Life Premium.

First of all, I do not agree to use either mine or my wife's Medisave account to pay for my daughter's Medishield Life premiums. Our CPF accounts are meant for our own old age needs. Using our CPF account to pay for our daughter's premium is just kicking the can down the road.

Well, my daughter is not born in Singapore and thus, she has not "enjoyed" the "heavily subsidized" hospital care in Singapore, which is more than 15 times more than HK if she was to be born in Singapore. She is studying in Hong Kong and thus, did not enjoy the "Heavily subsidized" Education in Singapore.

But at the age of 12, without earning power nor CPF, she is expected to bear the burden and liability of Singapore's Healthcare system. In fact, I do not think any children in Singapore with citizenship should pay Medishield Life premium before 21 but will enjoy the benefits of the insurance coverage. The PAP government should pay for them.

This is simply because if we were to encourage Singaporeans to have more babies, we should not burden them with such additional charges. $130 premium is a lot to many families. Even at the "subsidized" rate of $55 per child, a family of lower income with 2 children will have to pay $110 every year for their children, apart from their own premiums. The total cost of premiums may be as much as half a month's salary to them! One may argue they can use CPF Medisave to pay but the truth is, the lower income group may not have much Medisave left after paying for their children.

Besides, the payout rate from Medishield Life is far too low.

The trick of lessen the payout from Medishield is to have patients going in and out of hospital instead of providing proper care of longer stay if necessary. This is especially so when there is a lack of hospital beds. Every time you discharged and your bill is less than the deductible, Medishield Life will not pay a single cent for your hospital bill.

Well, I have written to Medishield. In any case, I cannot pay them now as I am not in Singapore now. I believe the hundreds of thousands Singaporeans residing overseas will face the same problem.
Children born out of Singapore will have their right to choose on whether they will continue to hold Singapore citizenship when they reach a certain age. Well, such Medishield Life system will definitely affect their decision later in their life.

https://www.facebook.com/gohmengseng...901057?fref=nf (https://www.facebook.com/gohmengseng.freedom/posts/10207238782901057?fref=nf)

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?222551-GMS-Too-Selfish-To-Pay-For-Daughter-s-Insurance!-What-A-Prick!!&goto=newpost).