PDA

View Full Version : Need Vs Want

Sammyboy RSS Feed
30-12-2015, 07:40 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

I find that at times, the line of distinction between a "need and want" becomes increasing blurred.

Sometimes, I try to decipher my own "needs and wants" using the analogy in relation to food and water. For example,

"Eat to Live" = Need
"Live to Eat" = Want

At times, it's in relation to mobile phones,

Simple android phone or tablet = Need
Iphone or Ipad = Want

And, sometimes, in relation to handbags,

"Kate Spade", "Coach" or equivalents = Need
"Gucci" "LV" "MuiMui" or equivalents = Want

Even in these examples above, a "need" for me may be a "want" for others or vice versa in relation to a different woman of a even higher income/social status.

At the end of the day, I reckon it is how one defines a "need".

If a "need" is defined narrowly as enough to survive, then food and water are needs and all else becomes a "want". But life is far more complex in the world I live in. It becomes even more a challenge when it comes to "intimacy".

I spend last night with him. This morning, around 7am or thereabouts, he woke me up and after a few hugs and kisses, he said he "needed" intimacy. I asked him whether he "needed" it or "wanted" it. Of course, I was being cheeky and pulling his leg. He did, however, classify "intimacy" as a need. He said he needed to release his "testosteronic energies", otherwise, he would become "sexually obtused" or eventually become erectile dysfunctional due to lack of use. I laughed at his excuses, though I gave in to his so-called "need", notwithstanding I am of the opinion that it is a "want" for him.

Veering a bit off from this topic of "needs" and "wants", I have often wonder why he is always so "intimately active" in the mornings. For me, I always find it a challenge, not that I am not up to it but I find it rather "weird" enjoying "frenching" with a strange foul breath or "popsicling" without brushing my teeth (and vice versa too).

Writing this piece, I guess the "timing dichotomy" in his and my "need/want" intimacy differs. I prefer intimacy in the late evenings while he probably enjoy it more in the mornings :)

Perhaps Men are really from Mars and Women from Venus.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?222486-Need-Vs-Want&goto=newpost).