PDA

View Full Version : currency exchange from usd to thai

nonolee
21-08-2006, 11:47 AM
hi...wonder if anyone can help..going to bk this week, had some usd on hand was wondering should i go to bk to change to thai or change to sing dollar than to thai in singapore.....
which one is more worthwhile.....kindly advise, thank you!!:)

krestar
21-08-2006, 03:08 PM
u can use online currency converter to find the result http://www.xe.com/ucc/
The rate used is market rate i.e average of buy/sell rate.
So one time conversion maybe better in most situations :)

nonolee
22-08-2006, 07:06 PM
thanks bro

happywater
23-08-2006, 01:28 AM
hi...wonder if anyone can help..going to bk this week, had some usd on hand was wondering should i go to bk to change to thai or change to sing dollar than to thai in singapore.....

From my experiences, if you want to change from USD to Baht, what the money changer does is convert your USD to Sing and then to Baht. You are effective paying 2 times the conversion. I don't know if this holds true for all money changers in Singapore but that is what i have encountered in the past. You can go check around

You can also change USD to Baht in BKK at SuperRich Money Exchange located in Petchburi area. It is very near to the Big C shopping centre. Just walk along the pavement in front of Big C (alot of small pasar malam stores along the pavement), go pass Big C and then you will see a Bangkok Bank branch. Turn left into the lane after Bangkok Bank and SuperRich is at the end the lane, you should be able to see their signboard. Their number is (662) 2544444. You may want to call them for the rate and compare it with the Singapore side.

happywater
23-08-2006, 01:29 AM

From my experiences, if you want to change from USD to Baht, what the money changer does is convert your USD to Sing and then to Baht. You are effective paying 2 times the conversion. I don't know if this holds true for all money changers in Singapore but that is what i have encountered in the past. You can go check around

You can also change USD to Baht in BKK at SuperRich Money Exchange located in Petchburi area. It is very near to the Big C shopping centre. Just walk along the pavement in front of Big C (alot of small pasar malam stores along the pavement), go pass Big C and then you will see a Bangkok Bank branch. Turn right into the lane after Bangkok Bank and SuperRich is at the end the lane, you should be able to see their signboard. Their number is (662) 2544444. You may want to call them for the rate and compare it with the Singapore side.

Peter_North
23-08-2006, 02:04 AM

You can also change USD to Baht in BKK at SuperRich Money Exchange located in Petchburi area. It is very near to the Big C shopping centre. Just walk along the pavement in front of Big C (alot of small pasar malam stores along the pavement), go pass Big C and then you will see a Bangkok Bank branch. Turn left into the lane after Bangkok Bank and SuperRich is at the end the lane, you should be able to see their signboard. Their number is (662) 2544444. You may want to call them for the rate and compare it with the Singapore side.

You didn't say which direction along the pavement. Since you say 'turn left' i suppose you are referring to the direction towards Arnoma. So it's after Arnoma or before Arnoma ?

happywater
23-08-2006, 02:39 AM
You didn't say which direction along the pavement. Since you say 'turn left' i suppose you are referring to the direction towards Arnoma. So it's after Arnoma or before Arnoma ?

Sorry about the double postings my mistake, ignore the first post, it should be "turn right". Walk past Arnoma and Big C, turn right after you see the Bangkok Bank.