PDA

View Full Version : Woman witness fatal crash, walks away eating pizza

Sammyboy RSS Feed
28-12-2015, 06:50 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Do you know why she behave like that?

Because She is a Woman

What will you do if you happen to see a SUV run over a trio of pedestrians? Call 911? Assist the wounded? Stand still? Or satisfy your hunger? The last option may not fit in the scheme of things, but a woman recently chose to keep walking biting into her pizza even after she saw a car hit three people, killing one in Fort Green, Brooklyn.

A surveillance video shows an unidentified unfazed woman, momentarily glancing toward the accident scene, then turning around and walking away biting into her pizza as if nothing happened. Apparently, she was too busy eating a slice of pizza to care that another woman had just been killed.

“I don’t know how you could keep eating your pizza and keep walking. There’s no reason. At least try. Make it your business to help. Not OK. … Wouldn’t you want to help?” Lerima Guadelupe, 32, who works at a nearby bakery, told DNAinfo New York.

Frank Lopez, who works at a nearby deli, remarked, “All I can say is the world we live in, some people are cold-hearted. There’s nothing I can do to change them. God have mercy on them and that’s it.”

While a 30-year-old art curator, Victoria Nicodemus, died in the accident, a 37-year-old man and 75-year-old woman were left seriously hurt in the crash. The driver of the SUV, 39-year-old Marion Sewell, was arrested and charged with driving without a license and insurance. He told police he went up on the sidewalk after swerving to miss a bus that had stopped on the road.

Witness Leslie Meeman, who lives and works across the street from the crash scene, told the New York Daily News that after the fatal accident the driver got out of the car and dropped to the ground, weeping.

“And that’s when I started crying. I cried for him. Whatever happened to him while he was driving, he’s in jail now. He’s in jail on his mind for the rest of his life. It just looked like a guy who made a horrific, horrific mistake. I don’t know what happened but he wasn’t driving erratic, it didn’t seem like he was speeding. He’s broken for life. The family of that poor woman is broken.”

Was the pizza-eating woman incredibly heartless or was she simply not in her right mind? Should she have stopped and helped? Xiomara Morgan, who saw one of the other victims crawl through blood to try and help Nicodemus, said she cannot judge the woman who walked away. “Honestly, I can’t judge her. She has her own reason for walking away in a situation like that.”

Slate observes:

Going into shock during and in the immediate aftermath of catastrophic events is apparently a frequent enough occurrence that there’s a technical name for it: “peritraumatic dissociation“, which can involve “emotional numbing, reduction in awareness of one’s surroundings, depersonalization, and amnesia”.

The local police have stated that “she wasn’t obligated to help by law” (wait but wasn’t she obliged to help for the sake of humanity?). What would you have done if you were at her place? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below…

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?222380-Woman-witness-fatal-crash-walks-away-eating-pizza&goto=newpost).