PDA

View Full Version : Miss Universe cockup - A chance to display honour but the girls blew it

Sammyboy RSS Feed
22-12-2015, 09:50 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Everyone knows about the Miss Universe cockup, where host Steve Harvey did the unthinkable and mixed up the winner and the first runner up, which led quite predictably to angst, disorder and a general display of ill-feelings and conflicted emotions on the part of all those involved.

Later on, an unseen footage posted by beauty magazine Missosology revealed the contestants snubbing Ms Philippines and cheering "Columbia! Columbia!" after the latter had been rudely told to "take a step back".

The German contestant even had some unsavory remarks to make, saying that none of the girls would have voted for Ms Philippines.

I am no fan of anything the failed state of Philippines produced, not even their whores, but this a blown opportunity in my opinion.

It was a chance for the girls to close ranks, embrace both Columbia and Philippines, and assure both of them that everything was okay.

Instead they took sides and let their emotions over-rule what was in fact a golden opportunity to display both honour and sportsmanship.

I know that this kind emotional reaction is very typical of the female gender, and as expected will most often taken precedence over higher abstractions like goodwill, camaraderie and sportsmanship. But we are talking about an international contest here. Even if the contestants are bimbos of the first order, they are national representatives first and foremost, and i expect a higher standard of conduct from them.

Alas, girls will be girls.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?222133-Miss-Universe-cockup-A-chance-to-display-honour-but-the-girls-blew-it&goto=newpost).