PDA

View Full Version : The local food thread...

Sammyboy RSS Feed
21-12-2015, 04:40 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Our local F&B scene is pathetic! Be it in the kopitiams or food courts or hawker centers, the damage is threatening our culture and our hungry stomachs!

1. Quality of food

It had been declining as the Malaysian "tao chiu" gets displaced by PRC cooks. I'm not saying PRCs can't cook, but the PRCs' taste buds are accustomed to their culinary influence which is subtly different from our South East Asian flavors. Notwithstanding the change of cooks, the cooking methods and ingredients are changed as well, soup broth getting diluted, corners cut during the cooking process and the list goes on.

2. Quantity of food

As a result of the rising costs in raw materials, you need to pay more for the same quantity of food. I do believe the overhead is crushing a lot of the stall owners every where. Food portions either become smaller for the stall owners to increase their income, or they simply pass on the buck.

3. Operating hours

F&B services are usually long hours but the usual 24hr stalls have to cut back on operating hours to cut back on overhead. Who will suffer in the end?

My hungry stomach.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?222031-The-local-food-thread&goto=newpost).