PDA

View Full Version : Are Singapore taxi drivers “paraplegic”?

Sammyboy RSS Feed
16-12-2015, 05:10 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

I went to Plaza Singapore (“PS”) to do lunch with some colleagues/friends this afternoon. After lunch, we queued for our respective taxis to get back to office.

Before I continue, I must declare I have absolutely no prejudices against taxi-drivers. They could be educated professionals “drop-outs” or they could driving since day 1 making an honest living.

They may be pesky at times ~ always using the corner of their eyes, looking into their rear mirrors at me, talking too much and so on. However, I bear no grudges against people who are making an honest living as long as they do their job professionally. If they can’t, please find some other job and stop being a driver!

I categorically cannot understand why some of these Singapore taxi drivers suffer from “paraplegia”. At the PS taxi stand, there was a Caucasian lady with baby, a baby pram, and Cold Storage groceries bags. The taxi drove forward, the boot opened.

The “paraplegic” taxi driver happily sat in his driver compartment. The poor Caucasian lady had to (1) load the baby into the passenger compartment, (2) fold-up the baby pram, (3) loaded the groceries into the boot, (4) returned the Cold Storage Trolley at the designated trolley-hold and (5) finally boarded. In fact, I even went forward to help her load some of her stuff into the taxi’s boot.

Inside me, I was infuriated. I was about to confront this “paraplegic” driver and knock some cow-sense into his pea-size brain. Why can’t he come out of his taxi and assist the lady. Is he really a paraplegic driver? I seriously doubt it.

Not only it shows how unprofessional and unsympathetic these drivers are, it inconsiderately held up the queue of others as well – other passengers in the queue and other taxi drivers who are behind his taxi.

PS : Conversely, it all seems strange at Changi Airport taxi stand. You will find these taxi drivers ever ready to load your heaviest luggage. Is that what “airport surcharge” is for? I am sure it is not.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?221806-Are-Singapore-taxi-drivers-“paraplegic”&goto=newpost).