PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card (“CC”) left at Self-Checkout Counter

Sammyboy RSS Feed
14-12-2015, 05:00 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

This is the 5th time it has happened to me. The first 2 times at NTUC, the other times at Ikea and Giant, and this time at Giant again!

I am not sure why I am so forgetful, perhaps I am getting old or there is something wrong about this Self-Checkout System which instead of “sliding” previously, now requires a minor “inserting” into the machine.

I did some groceries yesterday at Giant, decided to use Self-Checkout due to the long queues. Scanned, packed my groceries and left. This afternoon, I opened my wallet to get my CC to pay for lunch with my colleagues, the card isn’t there. I was literally “huffing and puffing”, thinking that CC could have dropped out when I took out my whole Mui wallet to tap at the MRT exit.

Cool myself down, mentally traced the places I went ~ I decided to pay Giant a visit and thank God it is there! The supervisor was fantastic and after some verification, he returned my card.

I am sure that there are lots of people who left their CCs behind at Check-out counter as I saw a huge stack of CCs in his drawer.

Is there any way to prevent such carelessness?

For example, ATMs has a sound feature if you have not taken your ATM card out of the slot, shouldn’t Self-Checkout counter has such feature too?

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?221680-Credit-Card-(“CC”)-left-at-Self-Checkout-Counter&goto=newpost).