PDA

View Full Version : SG50 007 Grand Theft Auto LIVE with many matas vs one young cowboy

Sammyboy RSS Feed
14-12-2015, 08:00 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapo...2-cars-and-van (http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/he-stopped-only-after-hitting-2-cars-and-van)

He stopped only after hitting 2 cars and a van

Photo: Shin Min Daily News

A 22-year-old man led police on a 13km high-speed chase early yesterday morning.

By the time the chase ended in Chinatown, the man had crashed the red Hyundai Getz into two police cars, a van and two cars belonging to other motorists.

Based on eyewitness accounts and police statements, The New Paper on Sunday piece together the dramatic journey that fortunately did not end in any fatality.

The time: 4.30am.

The place: Spooner Road, in Bukit Merah.

The police had set up a road block and "were conducting an operation".

A police spokesman said the driver arrived at the roadblock but he "refused to comply with the officers' instruction at the roadblock at said location and sped off".

So the police gave chase.

The Hyundai then led the police to West Coast Road. There, the police took aggressive manoeuvres to stop the runaway speedster.
Man hits 5 cars in early morning high-speed chase with cops
Photo Source: Shin Min Daily News
4 of 5

Cabby Ang Wen Bin was heading for Sentosa to pick up a customer when he noticed the Hyundai in his rear-view mirror on West Coast Road.

Within seconds, the car had zoomed past him. Chasing it were three police motorcycles and two police cars, all with their sirens blaring, he told TNPS.

Mr Ang recalled in Mandarin: "I saw a lot of flashing police lights in my mirrors, so I instinctively moved to the leftmost lane. I thought I was going quite fast already but they simply flew past me."

Thankfully, there were few cars on the road at that time in the morning, he said.

Rather than being frightened, he stepped on the gas to see what would happen next.

"I have never seen a car chase in all my life, so I followed them because it was quite exciting," said Mr Ang.

"I saw how the police tried to turn into his lane to block him, but he continued going."

SCATTERED ONTO ROADSIDE

Parts of the car flew out from the clashing vehicles and scattered onto the roadside.

He believes that the Hyundai, which he remembers to be the 1.4 litre model, was modified due to its unnaturally large exhaust.

Mr Ang stopped following the pursuit when he lost them at Alexandra Road.

He said: "It was almost exactly like the scene from Jackie Chan's movie Thunderbolt, where the cops were chasing down the baddies."

At Chinatown, the Hyundai driver ignored traffic lights and ended up hitting two cars and a van.

The driver of the van, Mr Wang Chun Jin, told reporters how the car charged towards his vehicle at Eu Tong Sen Street.

"My hands were shivering after he hit me. I swerved to avoid hitting other cars parked at the roadside," the 65-year-old newspaper deliveryman told Shin Min Daily News.

The Hyundai finally came to a stop after it hit another red hatchback at the road junction of Eu Tong Sen Street and Upper Cross Street.

The man abandoned the car and tried to flee on foot, dashing across the road without looking out for vehicles.

Mr Wang said: "He ran for his life towards Clarke Quay. But 50m later, he was already surrounded by several policemen.

They pinned him down on the ground and handcuffed him, at which point he had stopped resisting, Mr Wang added.

The man was taken to Singapore General Hospital while conscious. No one else was hurt in the incident. The police were later seen carrying away two bags believed to contain illegal substances.

The driver was arrested for driving dangerously and without a licence, as well as for a drug-related offence, the police said.

Investigations are ongoing.

[email protected]

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?221645-SG50-007-Grand-Theft-Auto-LIVE-with-many-matas-vs-one-young-cowboy&goto=newpost).