PDA

View Full Version : How to choose a wife?

robbie
22-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Hi all Samsters,

I hope Im not being to irrelevant here, but I have no one really wise or old enough to pose this question to. Im at a crossroad in my life, having been in a tumultous relationship of 2 yrs. Im now deciding to end it coz it seems we would most probably end in divorce if we do decide to marry.

Anyways, samsters who are married, happily or not, could give pointers to us young guys who are going to marry or searching for a mate, on what to look out for in a wife? Also any danger signs that we should be on the watch for, to show that the woman is not good wife material?

I thank all samsters in advance!

"Do no choose your wife at a dance, but in the field among the harvesters"
Czech proverb

michael8330
23-07-2006, 05:11 PM
if she can take bus with u , then take motor bike regards rain or shines ,if u are able to buy car ,she must be the one sitting beside u:D

dirtymonk82
23-07-2006, 05:20 PM
whether she could sweat with u in a hawker centre for a meal :rolleyes:

weixiang
23-07-2006, 05:26 PM
if she can take bus with u , then take motor bike regards rain or shines ,if u are able to buy car ,she must be the one sitting beside u:D

very good poijnt bro, hahaha

YellowHummerH2
23-07-2006, 05:46 PM
Bro, try asking her what is her definition of backpacking....

The one backpacking experience I had was... Plane to airport, airport to car rental, car rental to 4star hotel...the rest you can guess...now she is nolonger with me....I GOT DUMP.....:mad:

Sexup1st
23-07-2006, 05:48 PM
heard this at Oprah, something like this

"To find someone who would share a limousine is easy, but more important is the person is willing to share a bus ride if the limo break down"

dragos
23-07-2006, 06:01 PM
one who sticks with u when u are down..

S|eep|ess
23-07-2006, 07:20 PM
heard this at Oprah, something like this

"To find someone who would share a limousine is easy, but more important is the person is willing to share a bus ride if the limo break down"

Very well define...

In Singapore context would be:

"To have someone who would share meals with you, but more importantly willing to share on a single plate in bad times"

tittyhawk
23-07-2006, 07:33 PM
Bro Robbie

There r many threads on the subject, however, as a "been there done that" sort of person, I would like to share some of my thoughts.

Getting married is a big step (seems to be easier said than done), its a big step coz you've decided that this woman is gona be by your side for life thru thick n thin. Thru thick n thin together for anyone is not an easy task. So you muz be really sure she is the kind whom will go thru that with you.

Secondly, you've known that she can assist you as a wife, a friend and a life partner. As a wife means she can bear your successors, and breed and groom them to be the very reasons why you guys take this step to be together till death do you apart. As a friend means, she can heal and console in times of grief and agony, laught and smile with you in times of joy and glory. Trust me, not many human can do this. As a life partner means marriage vows - thru thick n thin.

Now, all that is the emotional part. It has to be firmly established first. For the physical part (sex), it can get substantially dull thru time. Make sure its not an impulsive moment of lust and passion that you want to marry the person just coz you can have great sex, it extends more than this.

Below is my thread on wat's life after being married:

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?t=51542

tittyhawk
23-07-2006, 08:14 PM
to the bro who deduct my 1 pt, u can deduct all u wan, send an army over for all i care.

i merely sharing my experiences also offend u meh? :confused:

u worthless piece of soul, pts can buy u happiness or boost ur ego? then i give them all to you... :p

AgentSmith
23-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Just my 5 cents worth..... A lot of my friends played wedding march in song that are focusing on just LOVE ........

I chose the song by Adam Sandler - :Growing Old With YOu. The lyrics reflects how i feels....

" Yon LOVE the woman you MARRY,
BUT you don't MARRY the Women you LOVE"......

IMHO.:)

ok69
23-07-2006, 08:25 PM
marry the girl that love you
but not marry the girl that you love

Raidster1
23-07-2006, 08:51 PM
i know a china girl working at a factory here.

According to her friends, she wants a singaporean with a house.

would this girl love a singaporean guy truly in her heart???

Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread.

mahalosux
23-07-2006, 08:52 PM
to the bro who deduct my 1 pt, u can deduct all u wan, send an army over for all i care.

u worthless piece of soul, pts can buy u happiness or boost ur ego? then i give them all to you... :p

bro TTH,

wat is 1 pt outta ur 700+ collections...

i guess the person who zapped u..must hv an unsuccessful marriage..or the wife give him wear the 'green hat' to wear..

just let it be, i noe i will get zapped by the joker who zapped u..so be it.. i just wanna voice out..if u not happy wif someone else posting..u betta voiced it..y the hell act like a bloody coward and do those 'small action'...

tittyhawk
23-07-2006, 08:54 PM
bro TTH,

i guess the person who zapped u..must hv an unsuccessful marriage..or the wife give him wear the 'green hat' to wear..

just let it be, i noe i will get zapped by the joker who zapped u..so be it.. i just wanna voice out..if u not happy wif someone else posting..u betta voiced it..y the hell act like a bloody coward and do those 'small action'...
Yup bro, how ya been? those ppl who dun dare to voice out in public better to be bother coz not worth our time lar... :D

mahalosux
23-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Yup bro, how ya been? those ppl who dun dare to voice out in public better to be bother coz not worth our time lar... :D

bro..

atually i m not bother about pts deduction..but sometime i hate those idiots who do it ouuta of malice..

like tat time i reply 1 of the bro..can meet him to chiong ..kena zapped by 1 joker at the BS thread...somemore it is a harmless posting..unless the zapper who zapped me in the BS thread is a psycho/ maniac/ freak/ stalker..then he will do this...

no rhyme or reasons..kena zapped..haizz...

tittyhawk
23-07-2006, 09:12 PM
bro..

no rhyme or reasons..kena zapped..haizz...
Ya lor, i merely share my experiences oso kena zapped, haizz...wat has the world becoming to?

Remses
23-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Ask her where she wan to go for lunch....hawker center or resterant ;)

mahalosux
23-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Ya lor, i merely share my experiences oso kena zapped, haizz...wat has the world becoming to?

hmm...well..the forum have so many members...sure there r some freaks/ weirdos..who like to do funny thing to piss people off...

let it be...people still cannot differentiate cyber from the realistic world...

anyway..will msg u abt the ops.....me gtg liaozz...:D

jng1103
23-07-2006, 09:58 PM
My mom once warned me by saying this,"If a woman cares for her comestic more than her monthly packcheque, dont bring her home." :rolleyes:

How true...!!! Find a woman who is willing to take a rough ride when ur car breaks down, or soak with u under the heavy rain when ur umbrella malfunction. Marry her.... I have found mine, have u?

all best best bro...

jimbo

guruking
23-07-2006, 10:01 PM
If your dad is poor, that's not yr fault but if yr wife is poor then it's yr fault!

That sums up for choosing a wife :)

lesnar
23-07-2006, 10:05 PM

Never marry your true love.....But love the one you marry....

jng1103
24-07-2006, 01:13 AM
If your dad is poor, that's not yr fault but if yr wife is poor then it's yr fault!

That sums up for choosing a wife

*MASTERPIECE*. I like ur quote, and wise men think alike. :p

jimbo

CheongKingKong
24-07-2006, 01:33 AM

u worthless piece of soul, pts can buy u happiness or boost ur ego? then i give them all to you...

Bloody CBz..
WHAT THE F.U.C.K..
Dare to deduct don't dare to put name...
PCBz...
Pui...
See him not a man!
Pui...sleep with bitches!
:mad:

Bayleaf
24-07-2006, 01:49 AM
Some gutless guy just zap me claiming that i talk too much. See below:

Bugis HC Thread 23-07-2006 12:35 PM talk too much

If so, why are we sharing in this forum?

Anyway, don't mean to sidetrack. 5 years ago, my gf quited her office job to become a hawker with me. Though the hawker business only lasted for 6 months. But today, she is my wife now, and also one of my sales managers who works for my distribution coy set up 2 years ago.

The matter of fact, as many bros here have said, this person must be able to fullfill the phrase "Marry a Rooster & follow a Rooster; Marry a Dog to follow a Dog".

SingViet
24-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Like what most bros here pointed out, the gal you marry must be able to go thru' different times with you. When you are wealthy, almost all the gals will want to be by your side, but when you are down and out, only those that really love you will be with you. Life is a rollar coaster, sometimes we are up, sometimes we are down, so choose a wife that can be with you even during the bad times.

The other thing that i always watch out for is temper. I am personally very afraid of gals who have bad temper. For a marriage to last, endurance is very important. Staying together is very different from going out on dates, you will see the worst of each other. A lady with good temper will make your life easy, a hot tempered lady will cause hell.

Cheers :D

Cheri_Popper
24-07-2006, 08:13 AM
The one who is willing and going to stand by you thru thick and thin.

Cheri_Popper
24-07-2006, 08:22 AM

u worthless piece of soul, pts can buy u happiness or boost ur ego?

Aiyah TTH, there are ppl who thinks that Rep Pts are important to them. These ppl are failures in life and only way for them to boost their worthless ego is to zap other people yet dun dare to put their nicks and hide behind their computers. :rolleyes:

I also kanna zapped by an army of clones recently and as usual, they don't dare to put their nicks. :p

MysticModels
24-07-2006, 08:24 AM
bro TTH,

bro, how to get into your up list?

dom01
24-07-2006, 08:25 AM
Thanks for all the info. I find the info very helpful to me.

waypastprime
24-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Haiz... Sad to say is how many women nowadays can really understand the woes of men? :(

Complained about crowded buses, got to stand in trains, stuffy kopitiams and even long taxi (quite a luxury liao) queues! OMG.

But on the other hand, I also didnt earn that much to cater for her needs. That's life. :(

Castrol
24-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Also any danger signs that we should be on the watch for, to show that the woman is not good wife material?

good wife material? many out there la, they dont smoke, dont drink alcohol, dont party, always go home after work, take good care of house, can cook, can sew, obey you, lup you deep deep, no need to scared she will follow other men go becos few men will want anyway... due to not beautiful. i'm sure you met them before.

but what the heck, are you gonna live forever? CMI means CMI, right? :D

YummyBear
24-07-2006, 11:27 AM
Have this experience that I had this wonderful lady as my partner for life, at least thats what I thought. She is what people called, a good women. Takes care of the family, fillial, loves me more than I love her. But due to me constantly taking her for granted, she has left me, stating that feelings are no longer as strong as it used to be. I urge bros here, though you are cheonging, do not take for granted your partners.

When choosing a partner for life, the saying of, "Love the women you marry, dun marry the women you love." I feel that there is the strong possibility that upon marriage, the love will grow even stronger and changes itself to morph itself to responsibilty, though not obvious but love is still there. Many a times, people just tend to be misguided that it has faded away and they will stray. It is often till your partner is gone before you realise that the love you had been finding has always been by your side.

Sorry if I'm talking too much crap. Just sharing some of my personal experience.

wildbeast
24-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Bro Robbie, I feel many views here from various bro are notable for you to digest. However, I share very much the same with Bro Tittyhawk views. Yes, ur mental (feelings, love, care, concern, committment, responsibilities) will overcome your physical (sex) desire from ur spouse if u really luv her. Besides, his opinions on ur spouse being able to stand in versatilely as diff role in ur life is very IMPT in my opinions. We are humans with many moods, angers, desires, cravings, thots... if either party is stereotype and not understanding/patient, I bet with u... u would be busy "fighting" than loving. Like dat how to hv blissful marriage????

Having say that, we husband must also be meticulous, understanding, sensitive to a woman's biological evolution, helpful (sweep floor, wash dishes, change diaper, massage... will go extra mile 4 the relationship), NO MCP. Cannot all fingers pt at our spouse.

Randi_Candi
24-07-2006, 12:25 PM

u worthless piece of soul, pts can buy u happiness or boost ur ego? then i give them all to you...
Haha.....u also tio snipe shot?
hiazzz.....nowadays SB is such a dangerous place, suka suka kena zap
but anyway hor, i always say - Bring it on lor

oi! u 1 me 2 create a avatar like mine?
But tell u 1st, then u wud not b zap 1 but normally 6:D

tittyhawk
24-07-2006, 12:50 PM
Haha.....u also tio snipe shot?
hiazzz.....nowadays SB is such a dangerous place, suka suka kena zap
but anyway hor, i always say - Bring it on lor

oi! u 1 me 2 create a avatar like mine?
But tell u 1st, then u wud not b zap 1 but normally 6:D
Yeah avatar like yours, how?

Souledge
24-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Like what most bros here pointed out, the gal you marry must be able to go thru' different times with you. When you are wealthy, almost all the gals will want to be by your side, but when you are down and out, only those that really love you will be with you. Life is a rollar coaster, sometimes we are up, sometimes we are down, so choose a wife that can be with you even during the bad times.

The other thing that i always watch out for is temper. I am personally very afraid of gals who have bad temper. For a marriage to last, endurance is very important. Staying together is very different from going out on dates, you will see the worst of each other. A lady with good temper will make your life easy, a hot tempered lady will cause hell.

I agree with yr statement here... where the gal will be able to go thru thick and thin with you... and able to be with you even thru bad times... i have found the one... but the problem is... is also have a very bad temper... though i am no angel... but.. she does have a pretty bad temper... sigh...:(

Peter_North
24-07-2006, 01:44 PM

You guys very funny. If all girls so good so wife material, who going to join Charlie's Angels ? :rolleyes:

Peter_North
24-07-2006, 01:47 PM
I agree with yr statement here... where the gal will be able to go thru thick and thin with you... and able to be with you even thru bad times... i have found the one... but the problem is... is also have a very bad temper... though i am no angel... but.. she does have a pretty bad temper... sigh...:(

Bro, I tell you something about bad temper.

I have a friend who complains that his wife has bad temper. I was like: "HUh ? What the fuck is bad temper ?"

I told him: "There is no such thing as bad temper; it's poor upbringing."

Many people with bad temper think it's some sort of character to be proud of. Only if they realize that bad temper is NOT a character but POOR upbringing that they will start feeling ashamed of their bad temper. Nobody has the right to throw temper at another person, much less a wife to the husband.

Talk to your wife. Otherwise, your children will pick up the bad habit.

Castrol
24-07-2006, 02:14 PM

thumbs up bro. i realise most of the time when i... ahem... throw my temper at my wife, my son will always run to me and ask me to stop scolding. i think i should take a lesson today.

robbie
24-07-2006, 04:15 PM
Dear bros,

Im thankful for all your advice...well..it seems like things are somewhat clearer now...and as always..experience counts.

My gf is one who loves herself, loves the highlife and stuff like that. I know all these sound like warning bells already. She doesnt do much housework as her mum does everything for her.

The reason why I have stayed so long is that she gave me reasons for her mentality ie she has to do housework all her life so why do it now? and When give birth already how to afford to buy any branded bags? At first I thot all these are quite true, but over time, I realised much to my chagrin, that its the mentality that counts. When your mentality is such, you wouldnt change. Even when the situations change, you would find a way to satisfy your desires. Now thats scary if you think of the possibilities.

Married bros...is it true? will marriage change a woman?

winger_tag
24-07-2006, 05:02 PM
thumbs up bro. i realise most of the time when i... ahem... throw my temper at my wife, my son will always run to me and ask me to stop scolding. i think i should take a lesson today.

Not only you....me also....:( if got such lesson to manage...please do let me know as well.

dirtymonk82
24-07-2006, 07:10 PM
actually there are some women out there whom are willing to follow the husband thru thick and thin...but these are usually the not so good looking type of gals, and me确n usually go for appearance..so haizz...人是放贱的;)

SexFreak
25-07-2006, 10:21 PM

I fully agreed ........ 爱人是痛苦的, 被爱是幸福的 ............ :D

Cheers !!!

ConAir
25-07-2006, 10:46 PM
The one who is willing and going to stand by you thru thick and thin.
The meaning is very deep indeed!

BeijingAirport
25-07-2006, 10:56 PM
Agree, that is the safest bet ;)

asdfghjkl
25-07-2006, 11:19 PM
The other thing that i always watch out for is temper.

bro.. how do i know whether a girl got bad temper or not ah? they like to pretend pretend till marriage ler.. :confused:

TheFig
25-07-2006, 11:56 PM
It is not so much about sticking through thick and thin. Believe me, if you are a bump on the Streets, your wife will leave. Similarly, if your wife gamble and shoot drugs, you will leave.

Thus, this whole sphiel about sticking with somebody through thick and thin is a superficial fallacy. It's just not true. There are certain degrees of realism expected of either party. Either party fails, the other party leaves. It is as simple as that.

The thing to look for is "willingness to change". If you love me enough, is it important for you to quit smoking? Quit hanging out with guys who only wants to bed you (not that it is a bad thing, if you are the guy hoping to score), and certainly quit admiring what other women has and focus on getting both of us, as a unit to where we both want to be?

In short, both of you must be willing to make short-lists after short-lists on the stuff you dislike about each other. With self-improvement as the end-goal. And you must be 100% honest. It takes 2 to tango and if you focus on this type of routine, making it a routine, you will shine in your marriage.

There is no wrong/right in marriage. There is only a willingness to stay married. Sometimes an affair is the best thing that ever happened to a marriage. You simply cannot be dogmatic about it. At the end of the day, if she doesn't actively work and communicate with you, there is no point in getting married. There is little if any intimacy and you might as well visit Geylang all the time. In fact, Geylang would be superior cause no hassles. Pay, screw and fuck off.

toffee01
26-07-2006, 12:11 AM

That is juz so true. I'm juz another walking case-study.. to prove that point

SingViet
26-07-2006, 07:30 AM
It is not so much about sticking through thick and thin. Believe me, if you are a bump on the Streets, your wife will leave. Similarly, if your wife gamble and shoot drugs, you will leave.

Bro,

I think you got it wrong. Most guy's perception of `sticking thru thick and thin' means that your wife will be with you, even when your career is down. Life is like a rollar coaster, you cannot be assured that your job is secure and that you will be making that much money all the time. What if one day you are retrenched? The day when your career goes downhill? The day when you have to ask your wife to quit spending that much? Will your wife stay with you? `Quit spending that much' is a tough job for most local ladies. They are used to good life since young. The day when they realise that you cannot provide as good a life as last time, they grumble. They find you less attractive, they find you `not as capable as their friend's husband'. A good wife is one that will be with you even during hardship. She is willing to save. She is willing to give you the moral support. She knows you guys can overcome the hurdle together. This is what i call a GOOD WIFE. :D

tittyhawk
26-07-2006, 07:44 AM
Bro,

A good wife is one that will be with you even during hardship. She is willing to save. She is willing to give you the moral support. She knows you guys can overcome the hurdle together. This is what i call a GOOD WIFE. :D
I second to this statement. Hard to find this kind of wife.

tittyhawk
26-07-2006, 07:48 AM
Aiyah TTH, there are ppl who thinks that Rep Pts are ..

I also kanna zapped by an army of clones recently and as usual, they don't dare to put their nicks. :p
Hey bro, how ya been? Long time no see liao? Still busy with work eh? :D

blackeagle10
26-07-2006, 09:28 AM
Marriage is not a one way street. If you always want to one up on your spouse , that is already a chink in your marriage. Women are not stupid, over time they will know whether you really care and love them or not. They may not complain directly to you but they will whisper to their mums or sisters.

Of course women want security, a nice house/condo, perhaps a maid to help with housework. Think about it, she will be carrying your next generation and is a major influence of your children. So attitude, fidelity and responsibility ranks highly on my list.

No point looking for trouble with women who has great potential to stray; women with looks but lack brains/ tenacity to take care of themselves.

Depending on your station in life, there are enough candidates out there for you to choose from. I know sometimes we guys are afraid to meet the in-laws for whatever reasons. But I think it is an excellent opportunity to assess her potential; she will grow up exactly to be her mum.

Most parents hate the B/Fs who honk their car horns when they picked up their dates while waiting downstairs. It shows bad manners on the guy's part.

If you think you can live with her mum's habits and attitudes , at least you know you can be with her for the long haul.

P/S I found mine this way; her mum won me over in our first meeting.

Souledge
26-07-2006, 09:39 AM

I am not married yet... but being with her for like 5 years... the problem is she is with me when i went overseas studies for two years and till i am back... planning to get married in a couple of years... but i do not really feel comfortable marrying her... maybe if i do marry her... it is more to the fact that she is not a bad girl after all.. i mean she is a girl that will be with me thru thick and thin... the only bad thing is her temper... sometime feel like breaking up with her on this issue... sigh... but thanks to yr posting i actually cut and paste yr posting and let her see... she say she understand... and see how things goes then... and only pray now...

Cheri_Popper
26-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Hey bro, how ya been? Long time no see liao? Still busy with work eh? :D
Been B-Z with work as usual. Nowadays have to work shifts. :D

michael8330
26-07-2006, 09:59 AM
Bro,

I think you got it wrong. Most guy's perception of `sticking thru thick and thin' means that your wife will be with you, even when your career is down. Life is like a rollar coaster, you cannot be assured that your job is secure and that you will be making that much money all the time. What if one day you are retrenched? The day when your career goes downhill? The day when you have to ask your wife to quit spending that much? Will your wife stay with you? `Quit spending that much' is a tough job for most local ladies. They are used to good life since young. The day when they realise that you cannot provide as good a life as last time, they grumble. They find you less attractive, they find you `not as capable as their friend's husband'. A good wife is one that will be with you even during hardship. She is willing to save. She is willing to give you the moral support. She knows you guys can overcome the hurdle together. This is what i call a GOOD WIFE. :D

i second yr statement , this is what a lot of bro here refer:D

edack
26-07-2006, 11:11 AM
a wife is forever

genhole
26-07-2006, 01:01 PM
a wife is forever

I have just ended my 10 yrs marriage. I have tried to retain this marriage but too bad, sometimes woman just can't understand what she wants.

tomby
26-07-2006, 03:05 PM
a wife is forever

There is a saying, she will be only your wife when she died.

edack
01-08-2006, 10:52 AM
nobody can predict future ,need to take risk at times ..

giggz83
02-08-2006, 02:05 AM
frankly speaking its near to impossible to find the "perfect wife". as times had changed, the people now and last time, say our parents era is totally different. so maybe we just have to give and take .. and also pray that we bump into the "right" girl.

few months back i remember one of my girl friend told me this. she and her boyfriend had come to a stage in their relationship where they're talking about marriage. but she's a degree holder while the guy is a ITE fellow.

well, she say .. say if she's at level 8 and he's at level 4.. she dont mind lowering down 2 level to level 6 to be with her bf .. BUT, is the guy willing to climb up 2 level to met her at level 6?
and she told me .. its not materialistic.. but she's simply being very practical.

and if the guy isnt willing to .. she will leave him.

well, i dont know are they still together .. im not so busybody to ask her.

but i kinda agree with her.. it really reflects the society now. there is really no such thing as. you married a chicken you follow a chicken you married a dog you follow a dog .. times has changed.

analog539
02-08-2006, 02:52 PM
How to choose a wife?

VERY carefully.

You can do everyting right, and die.
You can do everything wrong and it will be fine.

Its like that. The problem is, you're dealing with a moving set og goals posts with women, especially if you marry one. If you just date, go out, the moment she goes phsyco, you get rid of her. If you're married, not so easy lah.....especially after kids.

I'm afraid to say that luck plays a big part here.

Good luck,
jim

Randi_Candi
02-08-2006, 02:59 PM
frankly speaking its near to impossible to find the "perfect wife".

and if the guy isnt willing to .. she will leave him.

well, i dont know are they still together .. im not so busybody to ask her.

but i kinda agree with her.. it really reflects the society now. there is really no such thing as. you married a chicken you follow a chicken you married a dog you follow a dog .. times has changed.
George Bush, Ronan Keating, a neighbour n the perfect woman took a lift.
The lift cable broke and the lift plunged all the way down, who din die?

The perfect woman. Y? Does perfect woman or man exist?

Yeah........follow up or b left out. If u r not up 2 par, there will b others who r;)

caycan
02-08-2006, 05:08 PM
My test is simple: if everything is going well and you're just about to get married, then both of you must go on a vacation....with special conditions.

The conditions are simple:

1) it must be to a place where both of you do NOT speak the language (brazil or eastern europe or south america)
2) you can only have US$30 to spend per day. Yes between the 2 of you. No credit cards, traveller's cheques or debit cards.
3) both of you agree that certain places have to be seen by a certain time limit
4) No phone calls allowed.
5) Only 15 kg of luggage per person.
6) Minimum 10 day duration and NOT a conducted tour.

For us who have gone to the army, this is really nothing. But if you want to see a ger's true colors, then it's a good test.

Why? The test is a trial marriage in some ways. It forces you to rely on each other (since no phone calls allowed) in a semi-hostile climate (no english/chinese spoken by natives), to jointly achieve the same goals, with limited resources.

If she can't make it by day 4, then congratulations - you just saved yourself a lot of future heartache and $$$.

If she can carry on, and hell even inspire you, then congratulations also, you have found the One.

Either way, you can't really lose.

Yes, it seems to be asking too much but if a ger doesn't have the same tolerance as you, then marriage is going to be tough when times get tough.

ProjectSawadee
02-08-2006, 05:31 PM
perfect wife where to find? what i think is important to a marriage

Most important:

1. A great sex life( she must be able to satisfied you in your desire) (vice versa)

2. Of course must be good looking presentable in business and dinning occasions.

3. Best if can cook well ( a bit hard la but still possible)

4. Respect you as the man of the house. big dicision you make and she support. (vice versa)

5. smart woman. not just IQ but also EQ

if the above conditions are met unlikely you will go out to play around or you worry she go out and play around.

of course the most important thing is MONEY. No money no honey. it is crap saying that love is bread is not lor.

cheers
PS

SassySammy
02-08-2006, 07:37 PM
hmm so much talk about choosing a good wife. Care to share pointers on how to choose a good husband?? :D

Hard to find a faithful guy who only lusts after his gf/wife nowadays.

Especially when we read about demoralising news (recent one on the uncle who gives his china mistress 2k/mth & supp card, goes shopping with her and leaves his pregnant wife to go for checkups alone when she's pregnant. :confused:

giggz83
02-08-2006, 08:41 PM
My test is simple: if everything is going well and you're just about to get married, then both of you must go on a vacation....with special conditions.

The conditions are simple:

1) it must be to a place where both of you do NOT speak the language (brazil or eastern europe or south america)
2) you can only have US$30 to spend per day. Yes between the 2 of you. No credit cards, traveller's cheques or debit cards.
3) both of you agree that certain places have to be seen by a certain time limit
4) No phone calls allowed.
5) Only 15 kg of luggage per person.
6) Minimum 10 day duration and NOT a conducted tour.

For us who have gone to the army, this is really nothing. But if you want to see a ger's true colors, then it's a good test.

Why? The test is a trial marriage in some ways. It forces you to rely on each other (since no phone calls allowed) in a semi-hostile climate (no english/chinese spoken by natives), to jointly achieve the same goals, with limited resources.

If she can't make it by day 4, then congratulations - you just saved yourself a lot of future heartache and $$$.

If she can carry on, and hell even inspire you, then congratulations also, you have found the One.

Either way, you can't really lose.

Yes, it seems to be asking too much but if a ger doesn't have the same tolerance as you, then marriage is going to be tough when times get tough.

erm.

i think this is something like Commando's Ranger Course. hahaha.. a one week survival skill with a buddy to be.

caycan
02-08-2006, 11:25 PM
No, it's not difficult at all. When I was in the army in early 90s, I went to visit Koh Samui & Ko Pha Ngan on precisely such a budget. US$30 is about average for a backpacking style holiday in the countries I talked about. Had a lot of fun, met lots of people.

I think my ideal wife would have enjoyed it too.

If she was the f**king princess type, all the time must have this (e.g. aircon) or that (running water), then I would have dumped her. Sorry lah, girlfriend, you're not my type.

asdfghjkl
02-08-2006, 11:41 PM
if you want to see a ger's true colors, then it's a good test.

i doubt this can work if the guy got money.. if got few billions, the girl will likely tahan for even one year.. :eek: