PDA

View Full Version : Heptapis B

toot7
14-07-2006, 01:28 AM
can any bros explain to me what that?
Went to DSC take test and the nurse tell me i not immune against that?
call me to go take.
can anyone explain to me wat that take liao will have any side effects anot?

thanks

tom98765
14-07-2006, 06:53 AM
Bro, I no locktor, k, but I Google Heptapis B, jillo hitz. But ar, Google "Hepatitis B" got ober 25 million pages (http://www.google.com.sg/search?hl=en&lr=lang_en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=Hepatitis+B&spell=1). Serious disease bro, consult real locktor if kenna. Tink Pamela Anderson kenna Hepatitis C from Tommie Lee.

Bro, from CDC website (http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/hepatitis/b/: )
"Hepatitis B is a serious disease caused by a virus that attacks the liver. The virus, which is called hepatitis B virus (HBV), can cause lifelong infection, cirrhosis (scarring) of the liver, liver cancer, liver failure, and death.

Hepatitis B vaccine is available for all age groups to prevent hepatitis B virus infection."

Play safe bros, practice safe sex always, wear cap.

sammyboyfor
14-07-2006, 11:08 AM

Get yourself vaccinated against Hepatitis B.

For more information, go to http://www.moh.gov.sg/corp/about/faqs/illness/details.do?cid=cat_faqs_illness_hep&id=8257622

dt3305
14-07-2006, 12:23 PM
You are not immune against it means your body can be infected with it...so just go to any polyclinic and get vaccinated....its good for 5 years, after that you need to go for booster shot and that is good for another 5 years...get both A and B vaccination....B type is the only STD that has vaccination avaliable...if the nurse says A is enough, insist you want B as you cheong alot, dont be shy about it....all medical workers has A and B vaccination...its mandatory for their job and given free to them...

toot7
14-07-2006, 12:35 PM
den u all think go DSC take better 3 shots for $50 or Polyclinic take better:confused:

dt3305
14-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Since DSC charge only $50, it is cheaper than polyclinic...

toot7
14-07-2006, 07:10 PM
but take it will have side effect anot?
cause i was wondering y my parents never bring me to take.lol:D

asdfghjkl
14-07-2006, 07:38 PM
i think got a b c.. then better all take the vaccines? :confused:

toot7
15-07-2006, 12:53 AM
i think got a b c.. then better all take the vaccines? :confused:

what u mean.what b what c?:confused:

AngelEye
15-07-2006, 12:55 AM
but take it will have side effect anot?
cause i was wondering y my parents never bring me to take.lol:D

Hep B vaccination is optional choice to parents if they want it to be given for their newborn, So if they choose not to vaccinate u then, u still can vaccinate urself in later life.

Side effects of the vaccination is rare, occasional slight fever and mild fatigue is sometime expected, and rarely anyone is allergic to the vaccine. So it is very safe for u to receive the vaccination. Before ur vaccination, u can do a simple blood test to check for Hep B anti-bodies in ur body, if the level is high, u may not need the vaccination as it is enough, if ur anti-bodies is low, u can just take a booster jab instead of the 3 jabs. And if the result shows that u do not hv anti-bodies against HepB, then u should go for the full 3 jab vaccination. Vaccination can be done at any polyclinics. alternatively u may wish to hv it done at ur family GP also.

Hope this helps.

AngelEye
15-07-2006, 01:06 AM
what u mean.what b what c?:confused:
Hepatitis comes in Hep A, usually cause eating excessive (not well cooked) shellfish, consume contaiminated food and water.

HepB is cause by virus(HBV) that attacks the liver. classified as chronic n acute.

HepC is cause by virus(HCV) No vaccine against this strain yet.

toot7
15-07-2006, 01:07 AM
Hep B vaccination is optional choice to parents if they want it to be given for their newborn, So if they choose not to vaccinate u then, u still can vaccinate urself in later life.

Side effects of the vaccination is rare, occasional slight fever and mild fatigue is sometime expected, and rarely anyone is allergic to the vaccine. So it is very safe for u to receive the vaccination. Before ur vaccination, u can do a simple blood test to check for Hep B anti-bodies in ur body, if the level is high, u may not need the vaccination as it is enough, if ur anti-bodies is low, u can just take a booster jab instead of the 3 jabs. And if the result shows that u do not hv anti-bodies against HepB, then u should go for the full 3 jab vaccination. Vaccination can be done at any polyclinics. alternatively u may wish to hv it done at ur family GP also.

Hope this helps.

thanks ah.Your advice great help:D

dt3305
15-07-2006, 10:36 AM
remember if you are unwell or having slight cold or flu, do not go for vaccination the same day...anyway the nurse will always ask you the same question if you have flu and so forth...because if you are vaccinated and you are sick that day, there will be very serious side effects...

toot7
15-07-2006, 11:13 PM
heard from my friend the vaccination for Heptapis B is known as PCG.
He say take already will leave scar.
is it true.
cause i dun wan to go and take it den got the scar den my parents will ask me wat that and i will have trouble explaining.

AngelEye
15-07-2006, 11:37 PM
heard from my friend the vaccination for Heptapis B is known as PCG.
He say take already will leave scar.
is it true.
cause i dun wan to go and take it den got the scar den my parents will ask me wat that and i will have trouble explaining.

hep B vaccination do not leave scar, i don't know wat is PCG, wat i know is BCG, n yes BCG vaccination leaves a small scarring on skin, BCG is vaccination against tuberculosis. it is a different vaccine. if u r a local born singaporean, u would have the vaccination against tuberculosis, this is a compulsory vaccination if u do not hv the anti-bodies, 1 vaccination is given during infant stage, the 2nd is given during 12 yrs of age. should u be expose to tuberculosis before, u do not need the take BCG.

sometime it's good if u search info online www rather than hearsay. www provides very good info. search local MOH website too.

msnuzsurfer
04-08-2006, 12:45 PM
call me to go take.
can anyone explain to me wat that take liao will have any side effects anot?

thanks

To make it simple: If you are not immune then you need to be be vaccinated against Hep B. Three injections 1 month apart each. Then a blood test to confirm immunity. Some ppl never develop immunity even with vaccinations so be careful if you don't respond-can catch it from commercial sex.

logiteck
18-08-2006, 03:44 PM
For heb B, there are 3 jabs. 2nd jab is 1 mth later and the 3rd jab is 6 mths after the 2nd jab according to the nurse. As for Heb A ( normally kana by eating seafood) DSC dotn have the service.

Dont advise ppl to go DSC, when i went there for jab the nurse is the 1 doing the interview and jabbing u instead of the doctor. Also the nurse like dont know anyting blur like sotong. See also tu lan!

Do I still need to go for another blood test to see wether i am immune against heb B after the 3 jabs?

dt3305
18-08-2006, 06:52 PM
the nurse will be the one doing the jab...at polyclinic and DSC...normally after you have completed the whole course...you will be immuned against A and B. They never required you to do another blood test to confirm if you have the immunity already. However you need to go for a booster short after 3 years.

logiteck
19-08-2006, 07:26 AM
The nurse at DSC told me the 3 shots is only for hep B . They dont do hep A there.

Camellia
19-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Hepatitis comes in Hep A, usually cause eating excessive (not well cooked) shellfish, consume contaiminated food and water.

HepB is cause by virus(HBV) that attacks the liver. classified as chronic n acute.

HepC is cause by virus(HCV) No vaccine against this strain yet.
Hep A is kena buy eating seafood "hum" whereas Hep B is kena buy eating woman's "hum"...