PDA

View Full Version : Can i married a prc with student pass?

goodfun
07-07-2006, 03:47 PM
hear from a few friends say now the rules have changes,it is possible just take her passport to register at ROM can liao,but got to cancel her student pass first,no need to let her go back first also can,is it true? if not than how to go about it,pls advise thanks:confused:

Flintstone
07-07-2006, 06:03 PM
i think if below 21 yrs old must need parent's consent

Cheri_Popper
07-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Best if you check with ICA first.

ilovesammyboy
07-07-2006, 07:53 PM
from where? MDIS ah?

guestty
07-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Hi Bro,

I can help cos i just got married with my wife a month ago and she was holding student pass.

Actually there isn't any rule restricting you from getting married with any one from any country and whether she's holding a student pass or not.

I did the SOP of registering the ROM date through internet. During the application, it will prompt you all the necessary procedures to register for a marriage. It'll ask your wife's nationality and how long she has been staying here. If i'm not wrong, she have to be residing here for a min period which i can't remember.

Try the ROM website and you'll know all the required information. You'll be surprise to know that its quite the same as marrying with a local.

Oh i almost forget, if your spouse is a divorcee, she needs the legal divorce letter from the court of her country stating that she's legally divorced.

After you've confirmed the ROM date and made payment, it'll inform you a date to submit all the necessary documents personally. Normally its 2 to 3 days before your actual ROM date.

Happy marriage bro...

guestty
07-07-2006, 10:36 PM
One more thing, ROM do not entertain any walk in registration anymore.

You have to register thru its website, or if no computer, you'll go there and there's a internet registering kiosk there for you to apply.
They even have staff there to assist.

And, no need to go ICA at all. Only if she wants to cancel student pass then she needs to go.

Actually after marriage, you can cancel her student pass and apply for LTSVP (Long term social visit pass). They will normally grant you 6 months to 1 year validity which you can keep re-newing. During this period, you can start applying for her PR.

Hope these info will be of help...

LeDivorcee
08-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Please be careful to check her marriage status... Have too many fake marriages happening here nowadays and bros are getting cheated left and right.

Anyway good luck and happiness in your marriage...

hamsapfella
08-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Please be careful to check her marriage status... Have too many fake marriages happening here nowadays and bros are getting cheated left and right.

Anyway good luck and happiness in your marriage...

I cannot agree more with LeDivorcee...do be careful with these PRC girls with student passes...:)

redcat
09-07-2006, 12:36 AM
They are young n Cute!!! CAn you resist them?

lol

But be extreme care with those gals

Rof|maoxz
09-07-2006, 01:35 PM
I cannot agree more with LeDivorcee...do be careful with these PRC girls with student passes... :)

Students come here and should study.... and not to get married. Haiz.... :rolleyes:

Jari_Owen
09-07-2006, 02:54 PM
so far I understand that gov would have some extra step for Work permit holder/...else no reason to stop anyone from marrying anyone...as long as one is Male..the other is Female...haa

But the bottom line will be the PR application...they can reject and reject..and still reject without explaination...

BodyHeat
09-07-2006, 04:02 PM
But the bottom line will be the PR application...they can reject and reject..and still reject without explaination...
No doubt they can reject without explaination, but if u can prove your case to the extent whereby they dont have any reason why they cant accept ur application. :eek:

It will be a success. ;)

Rof|maoxz
09-07-2006, 04:27 PM
No doubt they can reject without explaination, but if u can prove your case to the extent whereby they dont have any reason why they cant accept ur application.

It will be a success. ;)

This is a very simple theory, I'm sure ICA is not dumb either. Granting a ex-student pass holders to be a SPR? Come mom lah, so easy meh? So what's the big deal if the local sponsor earn a pile? :rolleyes:

teraterm55
09-07-2006, 04:39 PM
i would suggest she graduates first. if she has any local certs it would give her more points in getting PR. because when applying for PR. there is a point system. what the husband get in term of salary and status will just add 5 points max to her total points. still depends on the gals own merits. unless the husband is PAP party member then more points awarded.

goodielecks
09-07-2006, 06:34 PM
another one bites the dust