PDA

View Full Version : Come on , a loss is a loss...learn to accept it with grace like Daniel Goh

Sammyboy RSS Feed
13-09-2015, 01:50 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Daniel Goh 吴佩松
Standing in the middle of the school hall last night, I surveyed the will of the people stacking up in crosses all around me. I was nervous at first, but at the exact moment that I realised we had lost, a peace came unto me. It was done. I shook the hands of our tearing counting agents and couldn't thank them enough. I shook the hands of the PAP counting agents, who respectfully wished me the best and gave me a slight bow even. I walked downstairs to join Allan and my wife. Allan seemed surprised by my calm as I told them we have lost by a landslide. My wife knew where I was, in my meditation zone.

The people has spoken and the collective wisdom is always right. Analysts will fall over one another in the coming weeks to discern the hearts of voters. For me, the meaning of the results is clear. It is a ringing endorsement of the PAP's programme of going back to its centre-left roots and PM Lee's leadership. It is also a nod to WP's brand of rational and responsible politics, since the seats won in GE2011 were returned. But with caveats: work harder, and buck up, in both town management and Parliament; less egoism and opportunism, more depth, humility and courage, more listening and walking.

I wrote previously that winning isn't everything and the manner of the contest and our contribution to the continuing democratic process is far more important. I am especially proud of my teammates and volunteers and thankful for those of you who wrote to me with heartfelt words of support. I am very touched by a strong PAP supporter writing me a long letter of encouragement, because he too believe we need to move beyond cynical politics and venom we witnessed this season. My hope is that the PAP will use this to change its DNA further and return to servant-leadership away from princely self-righteousness. My work is to continue this national service to build up the WP as a credible choice and voice to keep the iron in Singapore's veins.

In the end all that matters is we found the time to love, and it is the time now, again, to do so with our families, friends and fellow countrymen and women. No politics of hate for me. Time for our thank you parade!

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?216162-Come-on-a-loss-is-a-loss-learn-to-accept-it-with-grace-like-Daniel-Goh&goto=newpost).