PDA

View Full Version : So, Victor Lye, you want to be an MP of Aljunied GRC?

Sammyboy RSS Feed
08-09-2015, 11:10 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Expensive victor (well, in school I was taught that letters begin with Dear…, and since dear is a synonym for expensive and fits you perfectly…)

Well anyway, so you want to be MP of Aljunied GRC?! Man, you crack me up. So why do I say you’re not fit to be MP? Let me count the ways.

1: You claim that the WP are irresponsible, lost money and lack integrity. First, the losing money part. Know something weird? The AGO never reported that they lost money whereas the town councils of a rival party loss $16 million in total in investments in Lehman Brothers and others, including hundreds of millions of dollars in the Youth Olympic Games, which went massively over budget with no clear explanation even of how this could have happened, let alone where such a huge excess of money come from. Please help to refresh my memory. Which party was it that lost the money in these failed investments?

Being irresponsible? Well nothing is more irresponsible than to assume that everything is in order instead of exercising due diligence, especially when public funds are involved. A good example would be the way the stat board that awarded the Sengkang West columbarium contract to Eternal Pure Life Pte Ltd and then claiming that there was no way to know that it was a commercial entity just because Zhu Ying Tai’s school didn’t realize she was a girl when the Pte Ltd is already a dead giveaway, and that its status can be verified by ACRA.

Lacking integrity? Being a Christian, I quote my Lord: “Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.” If the AHPETC has not be forthcoming with all the facts, let him who wants to condemn them for it first show that they have been totally forthright with all the facts.

Starting with where and how it all began, the AIM Pte Ltd fiasco.

2: I understand that your employer Shenton Insurance Pte Ltd gave you a 1.5 year furlough to prepare to campaign for the GE. Now, how can anyone possibly vote for you knowing that 1: if elected, you’ll return back to your job instead of attending to our needs full time & 2: if your employer can do without you for so long despite you being their CEO, then obviously you must be pretty redundant. That being the case, if your employer regards you as unneeded for your job, then how can the residents of Aljunied GRC possibly need you as MP since you’re obviously not contributing anything?

3: You posted online lambasting the AHPETC for failing to paint a zebra crossing and for failing to repair spalling concrete on a HDB block pillar. HELLO, do you even know who should be doing these? The zebra crossing should be painted by the LTA. The TC can’t simply go in and do it. The paint used must meet certain specifications; it’s not simply any kind of white paint. As for the spalling concrete, the fact that the spalling was so bad that the rebars within were exposed proves that the problem is structrual. That being the case, it should be done by the HDB. Not only that, because it’s structural, the pillar must first be examined by a PE certified by the PE Board and his recommendations followed before any repair works can commence, because improperly done repair works will actually worsen the situation by adding weight and stress loading to the pillar. Don’t just take my word for it; this was what my friend, a civil engineer told me. Now how can anybody in their right minds possibly vote for you and your team when you don’t even know where the town council’s responsibilities end and the government’s responsibilities begin?

BTW, you might want to take note of the fact that by making these accusations, you are actually accusing the government of failing to perform its duties to the residents of Aljunied GRC by failing to carry out these repairs. All the more reason for them to NOT vote PAP, no?

4: You know when you posted an image online that you attended to a family whose flat caught fire? How did you manage to get in? The picture showed that the SCDF officers were still around. How and why did they and the police allow you in when it’s against safety regulations to do so until the SCDF officers had certified the area safe? Maybe they did, but why were they still hanging around for you to pose for the picture with them then when they should be leaving ASAP in case they are required elsewhere? My civil engineer friend, the same one who informed me of the government’s responsibilities above once fought and put out a fire in his neighbor’s house even before the SCDF arrived. Despite being a material witness to the fire, he was still asked to leave the scene to give his testimony to the fire investigation officer while the other officers examined the scene of the fire. So how come you were allowed into the scene of the fire then?

5: You pointed out that the AHPETC keeps staging flea markets to earn income? So what? From my friend’s, a resident of Lorong Ah Soo in Aljunied GRC, personal experience, they only raised S&CC costs once. This was after they had their subsidies first reduced and later revoked and after the NEA banned them from staging flea markets. So what this tells me is that they were using the income from the flea markets to subsidize the S&CC for us. In stark contrast, the profits that the merchants’ & hawkers’ associations earn all go into their own pockets. So if these flea markets aren’t in Aljunied residents’ best interests then how can the merchants’ & hawkers’ profits be?

I hope you can answer these questions for everyone. In the mean time though, these questions have left me with much doubt about you and your team. That, and aside from the fact that I am eminently dissatisfied with the PAP team’s performance nationwide, are good enough reasons for me to NOT vote for the PAP & to strongly encourage everyone I know who lives in Aljunied GRC to NOT vote for you and your team.

Especially since as Dr. Ng Eng Heng said, NONE of you in Aljunied GRC are ministerial caliber material simply because they’re afraid to lose there again…

Thank you.

Charles Jibai

* Submitted by TRE reader

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?215468-So-Victor-Lye-you-want-to-be-an-MP-of-Aljunied-GRC&goto=newpost).