PDA

View Full Version : oral test kit

powerace
22-06-2006, 04:49 PM
Bought a few of those at the AFA...wonder if i am doing the right way...any bros care to enlighten me?

So u just swab ur gums and that's it? Is there like any thing u can't do b4 doing the test? Like drinking water?

Like when doing SMEAR test u have to hold ur urine in for 4 hrs kind of thing?

and also how sensitive is the oral test kit? is it considered as sensitive as the 3rd generation of ELISA test?

if i have an exposure on 10th April, when is the 3rd mth period? cause if i count the number of weeks its lesser...just wanna get it over and done with....been having nasty cough for 2mths...so kinda worried

dt3305
22-06-2006, 05:35 PM
3rd month should be 10th June...just take the test, no need drink water or do anything else before taking...however read the instruction carefully on the method to use...

powerace
23-06-2006, 12:49 AM
so u basically just swab ur gums?
that simple?
i wonder what antibodies are at our gums that makes this test kit accurate...

RedJacket
23-06-2006, 01:06 AM
Yup.. just swab your upper gum once and then your lower gum once. Then put it into the container provided. 20 mins and your result is out. If you have doubts about the procedures, just follow the instructions inside the package.

Try it once already.

You can check out the general information of the test kit in the link below.

http://www.medcompare.com/details/34146/ORAQUICK-Rapid-HIV-1-Antibody-Test.html

powerace
23-06-2006, 04:06 AM
i swabbed it more than once wor... dont know still accurate anot.. cause once still quite dry..:o

lfc78
24-06-2006, 02:05 AM
aiyo go for the test lah 20 bucks faster. dun nid to wait

RedJacket
24-06-2006, 05:15 AM
Hehe ... i have also swab the upper and lower gums two times because i think the same like you. The test is still effective.

As for blood test in DSC, i think the waiting time is too long. Yes, the test is out by 20 mins. But with other procedures time added in, you mostly have to wait an average of 45 mins to 1 hour. Also, you could feel embrassed with so many people looking at you when you entered DSC.

My opinion may differ from others. :D

chikobai
24-06-2006, 10:00 AM
can someone explain the puropse of using the oral test kit ? where to get the test kit, how much ?

thanx ;)

RedJacket
24-06-2006, 04:52 PM
can someone explain the puropse of using the oral test kit ? where to get the test kit, how much ?

The OraQuick ADVANCE Rapid HIV-1/2 Antibody Test is a single-use, qualitative immunoassay to detect antibodies to Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 (HIV-1) and Type 2 (HIV-2) in oral fluid, fingerstick whole blood, venipuncture whole blood, and plasma specimens. It has the same effectiveness as going to DSC clinic for a blood test.

-Reliable results in just 20 minutes
-Greater than 99% accuracy
-The only FDA-approved HIV-1 and HIV-2 test for:
(1)Oral Fluid
(2)Plasma
(3)Venipuncture Whole Blood
(4)Fingerstick Whole Blood

The test kit is sold at DSC Clinic, 31 Kelantan Lane, #01 - 16, S 200031 during the Opening Hours for the Anonymous HIV Testing & Counselling.

The test kit cost $25.

If you need clarification, you can go to the link below.

http://www.afa.org.sg/

chikobai
04-07-2006, 11:36 AM
thanx bro :D

windsor901
10-07-2006, 11:06 AM
DSC had discontinue the sale of the test kit

justcum
11-07-2006, 07:18 PM
DSC had discontinue the sale of the test kit

Why!?? something wrong with the test kits or there was not enough demand? or MOH not happy?..............Was just thinking of getting a couple before I go overseas leh...............:(

gc0296
13-07-2006, 06:58 PM
is the test kit available only during the afa test?? not selling during dsc operating time?

windsor901
13-07-2006, 10:18 PM
cant buy it anyway even during anonymous hours. it was in the paper few weeks ago and verified from their email reply. any bro have bought it over the internet?

panterpace
14-07-2006, 09:28 PM
huh y did they take off the market?
didn't read the news abt them leh...
aniway the batch they sold was with the expiry of jul'06...so if now use still accurate?
and the test result they said if read after 40 min it is not accurate...so let's say if the test was postive (two red lines) then after the 40min mark it will turn back to only one red line?