PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Hsien Loong and the voters

Sammyboy RSS Feed
05-08-2015, 05:00 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Hsien Loong said these in his conversation with Heng Chee.

“It is our job to think of these issues and to make the best decisions which we can, in our judgment, on your behalf and to account to you, and say to the best of my ability this is what I have decided I have to do,” he said.

“And you may agree with it, you may not agree with it, but I can tell you in complete honesty that I am trying my best to do this on your behalf. And I cannot avoid doing this because otherwise I think I will be letting you down.”

In the above comments it gives the impression that his govt is given unlimited and unrestrained power to decide everything he thinks is right for Singaporeans. It does not matter if Singaporeans agree with him or not. Heard of the deaf frog ideology?

Does Hsien Loong think he can change the demographic profile of Singapore by flooding the country with foreigners resulting in a changed polity with a different Singaporean identity without the consent of the Singaporeans? Does any elected govt have this authority to do so without going back to the people, going for a referendum? Does anyone really think that his logic and mind is so superior to the masses that his thinking is so supreme, that what he thinks is right must be right or so what, I think so and I did it for people, no need to consult the people, happy or not is not important? This kind of thinking is understandable in a monarchy or dictatorship, but in a democracy?

Does his govt has the right to do what it wants with the people’s savings in the CPF just because he thinks it is the right thing to do? Does the govt respect the right of the people to their money?

Does his govt have the right to spend billions to provide thousands of foreigners with scholarships and living allowances without the Singaporeans agreeing to it while Singaporeans have to pay with their own money and many struggling to pay for it?

These decisions have very serious implications on the life and welfare of Singaporeans that are beyond an individual even if he is the PM of the country. How is he to account to the Singaporeans for the harm the policies and decisios caused to them? Would a, ‘I am sorry, let’s move on’ be enough? We are talking about the lives and well beings of the 3 million odd Singaporean citizens and their children that will come after them.

How is he to account to the Singaporeans when the Singaporeans are telling him ‘No’ to these policies? The consequences of these policies would affect generations of Singaporeans to come when his mandate is only for 5 years and to be renewed again? Or is he saying, if Singaporeans do not like his policies, vote him out? Or is he saying that the majority of the Singaporeans agree to his policies that is why they continue to vote him to form the govt. So it is ok?

I can agree with the last point. If Singaporeans were to vote his party to form the govt again in the next GE, it is an endorsement of his policies and those Singaporeans who disagree, the minority, should just shut up for good. It is the mandate that the Singaporeans gave to him to do as he likes, and approved of them.

The GE is to decide if you approve of the govt’s policies or to stop the govt from continuing with policies that you disagree with and you think are harmful to you and your children’s future. Vote for the PAP if you want more of the same policies. Vote for the opposition if you have had enough of these policies. It is a Yes or No issue, no buts or to regret later and to kpkb and to be ignored after the GE.

http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.sg/2...nd-voters.html (http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.sg/2015/08/questions-for-hsien-loong-and-voters.html)

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?212007-Questions-for-Hsien-Loong-and-the-voters&goto=newpost).