PDA

View Full Version : Hiv?

freedombub
05-08-2015, 03:06 PM
I had protected sex with a FL 5 months ago, i remember right after the incident i began to feel very weak and felt like there was a sore in my throat. My body has been feeling weak since then (not my usual strong self) and i had several symptoms such as yellowish tongue, a slight loss of weight, i became shorter and had a hollow feeling in my knees.

Therefore i highly suspected that it was HIV and i went for several tests stated below:
HIV rapid finger prick 4th Gen test (1 month after exposure)- Negative
HIV rapid finger prick 4th Gen test (3 months after exposure)- Negative
HIV Ag/Ab normal blood test (3 months 19 days after exposure)- Negative
HIV RNA PCR test (3 months 11 days after exposure)- Not detected

I was already expecting the results to come out positive but none of them did. Maybe it is still too early and i have to wait until the 6 month mark to confirm? Or am i suffering from other diseases which i do not know like HPV? I have been really depressed the past few months and cant even work a part time job. Please help. Thanks alot.

sammyboyfor
05-08-2015, 03:30 PM
The most likely cause of your symptoms is a disease of the mind known as hypochondria.

Big Sexy
05-08-2015, 03:54 PM
mate..is this your excuse for not working?
me think you super paranoid and need to visit a psychiatrist.

firstly, those symptoms doesnt not appear immediately after the act...
lost of weight and extreme tiredness are usually symptoms for those at a late stage of HIV infection.

Lastly, it is pretty safe to say you are HIV negative from the test result you have taken. Cheer up!

I have been really depressed the past few months and cant even work a part time job. Please help. Thanks alot.

freedombub
05-08-2015, 04:34 PM
Everybody tell me the problem is with my mind, but however much i try not to think about it and move on, i still have the symptoms. That's why im very confused and worried as to what is wrong with my body. And i still doubt the negative HIV test results that i had.

Big Sexy
05-08-2015, 05:13 PM
well..you could have some health problem but it is most unlikely to be HIV.
seriously mate, i dont know of any illness that have all the symptoms you mentioned

go see a doctor and do a full health screen.

Everybody tell me the problem is with my mind, but however much i try not to think about it and move on, i still have the symptoms. That's why im very confused and worried as to what is wrong with my body. And i still doubt the negative HIV test results that i had.

sammyboyfor
05-08-2015, 05:39 PM

You could be dying but I doubt very much HIV is the cause.

You could have some form of cancer or some other serious ailment.

DoctorTan
06-08-2015, 09:24 AM

Is there a logical reason for you to doubt the HIV tests you had?
I don't think so.

So the logical conclusion to make is you do not have HIV.
Which leads to the next logical conclusion - your symptoms are due to something other than HIV.

If you keep barking up the HIV tree and refuse to acknowledge the fact that there could be something else wrong with you, you will end up in a lot of trouble.

I had a patient who was exactly like you. He had symptoms. He kept testing for HIV even though all his tests were negative. He refused to test for anything else. One day he collapsed and was found to have Typhoid. Luckily he survived after being sent to hospital.

Read the full story here: http://blog.askdrtan.com/2-cases-of-mistaken-identity/#.VcLEn_mqqko

You want to end up like that?
I don't think so.

So please go see a doctor and find out the REAL cause of your symptoms.

DoctorVChia
06-08-2015, 09:59 AM
I had protected sex with a FL 5 months ago, i remember right after the incident i began to feel very weak and felt like there was a sore in my throat. My body has been feeling weak since then (not my usual strong self) and i had several symptoms such as yellowish tongue, a slight loss of weight, i became shorter and had a hollow feeling in my knees.

Therefore i highly suspected that it was HIV and i went for several tests stated below:

I was already expecting the results to come out positive but none of them did. Maybe it is still too early and i have to wait until the 6 month mark to confirm? Or am i suffering from other diseases which i do not know like HPV? I have been really depressed the past few months and cant even work a part time job. Please help. Thanks alot.

As some previous forumers had commented, your tunnel vision isn't going to help with your diagnosis and management.
See a doctor and have him/her properly assess your health.
Wishing you all the best:)

baotohk
06-08-2015, 10:57 AM
He is the kind who will insist that he has HIV no matter what test he has undertaken. Whatever others say is wrong and only he is right.

There is only one place for him.....IMH

freedombub
06-08-2015, 06:15 PM
Thank you for all your replies. I did a full health checkup and a series of blood tests, everything was normal, heart, liver, cholesterol etc. Thus im still unable to identify the problem with my body. Is it possible for a hiv test to show up positive only at the 6 months mark?

Big Sexy
06-08-2015, 08:21 PM
i would like to think the tests you did is conclusive at 3 months.

however from what i have read.... there are rare cases of hiv test result showing positive at the 6 months test date... but it is usually due to the person having a compromised immunity system (e.g cancer). dont look like you have that since u have done the full health check and everything is normal.

Thank you for all your replies. I did a full health checkup and a series of blood tests, everything was normal, heart, liver, cholesterol etc. Thus im still unable to identify the problem with my body. Is it possible for a hiv test to show up positive only at the 6 months mark?

freedombub
07-08-2015, 02:43 PM
Oh well, i guess i will just take another test at 6 months to confirm whether its HIV or not, then see how from there...

jill88
07-08-2015, 04:54 PM

HIV - confirmed.
Treatment - send u to Mental Health Hospital and stay there for life !

DoctorTan
08-08-2015, 09:49 AM

Yes but extremely rarely.

Read this:
http://www.drtanandpartners.com/false-negative-hiv-elisa-test/

liamneeson
08-08-2015, 11:41 AM
No HIV lah!:D

billyboy365
08-08-2015, 01:45 PM
You did a full body check up, as well as several HIV test, which all came out negative. Seems to me there are two scenarios:

1) You are extremely lazy, and you are using this as an excuse not to work your part time job.

2) You have a severe mental disorder whereby you think you have HIV even when you don't.

If you cherish your life, please visit a psychiatrist and do a check on your mental health instead. Or else, you will just be a waste of life.

freedombub
08-08-2015, 09:08 PM
You did a full body check up, as well as several HIV test, which all came out negative. Seems to me there are two scenarios:

1) You are extremely lazy, and you are using this as an excuse not to work your part time job.

2) You have a severe mental disorder whereby you think you have HIV even when you don't.

If you cherish your life, please visit a psychiatrist and do a check on your mental health instead. Or else, you will just be a waste of life.

Harsh but true. I really do want to move on with life and seek closure to this incident. Thanks for your advice bro.

fictionman
11-08-2015, 01:58 PM
U became shorter???!!!!.....

demonhunter
11-08-2015, 02:15 PM
The trick to not getting HIV is , do not wear a cap when fucking a FL .

;)

freedombub
12-08-2015, 01:52 PM

Yeah very weird but its true!

JJSS
12-08-2015, 11:31 PM

How much shorter?......6 or 11, you know what I meant.

freedombub
13-08-2015, 04:18 PM
How much shorter?......6 or 11, you know what I meant.

Huh I dont get what u mean. Im talking about my height fyi lol.

lindaboyz
14-08-2015, 09:30 AM
no hiv - be safe. get tested on time

http://www.nuffieldmedical.com.sg/index.php/services/hiv-testing-screening

kurios
14-08-2015, 01:20 PM
Thinking too much can cause a lot of "funny" wonders.

For a person to grow tall, there might be some chance after development but to grow shorter, unless saw your leg shorter or take out some spinal bone....otherwise you grow old overnight...all shrink....

Since is HIV free, please keep it in mind...never take chance again..can be lucky once or twice but not forever...

Maybe you have a family, that why you are behaving in this way......don't think too much, dont have mean dont have....

hayhay
14-08-2015, 04:17 PM
I remember I was like you, when I first test of hiv, I don't believe my result. Cause many year I'm having unprotected sex. So I told myself I have hiv, and I keep on testing.

I ask many question here in this forum and at dr tan forum. And I get more knowledge about hiv. And I can say I'm not that afraid anymore. And you have protected sex, why you still so afraid of.

freedombub
14-08-2015, 08:21 PM
I remember I was like you, when I first test of hiv, I don't believe my result. Cause many year I'm having unprotected sex. So I told myself I have hiv, and I keep on testing.

I ask many question here in this forum and at dr tan forum. And I get more knowledge about hiv. And I can say I'm not that afraid anymore. And you have protected sex, why you still so afraid of.

May I know u had sex with ur gf or FL? And how long did u wait to get tested? It's because I experienced some symptoms after the incident and I scared the condom might have broke.

hayhay
15-08-2015, 10:26 AM
May I know u had sex with ur gf or FL? And how long did u wait to get tested? It's because I experienced some symptoms after the incident and I scared the condom might have broke.

I'm having sex with FL no protection for many years,but now I change alway protected.

I waited 1 month to test, and was told is one month test negative then 3 month chances very high will be negative also. No worry or u can test combi test conclusive on 28 days. Some doctor forum said 6-8 week will be convulsive

Don look for Symptom, doesn't help you. You can't get hiv from symptom

freedombub
15-08-2015, 02:49 PM
I'm having sex with FL no protection for many years,but now I change alway protected.

I waited 1 month to test, and was told is one month test negative then 3 month chances very high will be negative also. No worry or u can test combi test conclusive on 28 days. Some doctor forum said 6-8 week will be convulsive

Wah thats very risky but good to hear ur fine. Im now waiting for the 6 month lol.

Aladeen
15-08-2015, 11:51 PM

maybe u are immune to hiv bro, so u can keep fucking unprotected... envy u sia..

ffun161
16-08-2015, 11:29 PM
Protected fuck no risk for HIV la

Big Sexy
17-08-2015, 09:00 AM
mate, u need to know low risk does not mean no risk

Protected fuck no risk for HIV la