PDA

View Full Version : Cabby mocks man not once, but twice

Sammyboy RSS Feed
27-07-2015, 03:20 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

http://mypaper.sg/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/20150724/MY_20150724_STSORRY24_P_1537860.jpg 'USED TO IT': Instead of letting Mr Medina (above) get on board, the cabby made a derogatory gesture and drove off.

PHOTO: HANZ MEDINA

Published on Jul 24, 2015

Cabby mocks man not once, but twice

LEE MIN KOK

COMFORTDELGRO has taken one of its taxi drivers to task for mocking a man over his looks.

Singaporean actor and stuntman Hanz Medina, who also works as a perfumer, told The Straits Times that he was heading for a martial arts class and had hailed a taxi near Owen Street at around 2.20pm on Friday.

But instead of allowing Mr Medina to board, the taxi driver stared at him before making a derogatory gesture with his hand - used in some circles to indicate that a person is a transvestite - and drove off.

That was not the end of the matter. The driver then made a U-turn and drove his taxi slowly past Mr Medina again while performing the same gesture.

"I'm used to people using such gestures on me due to my long hair, small frame and feminine facial features," said Mr Medina, who is in his 20s.

"But what really hit me hard was the fact that he took the trouble to drive back and mock me again. I felt I had to speak up."

The actor filed a formal complaint with ComfortDelGro, which responded with an apology and assurances that action had been taken against the driver.

"In their line of work, our drivers are expected to convey passengers without any element of stigmatism," wrote a customer service officer in a letter seen by The Straits Times.

"At no time should the driver have ever flashed any derogatory gesture at you. His personal beliefs should not interfere or, worse still, affect his ability to carry out his job effectively."

The officer added that the driver had been "rebuked for his disgraceful actions" and the taxi operator had issued him with an official warning for not picking up a passenger despite his taxi
being available for hire.

"We will now monitor him closely and any similar transgressions committed by him can result in the termination of his hiring contract with us," the letter said.

Mr Medina said he was very grateful for Comfort's reply.

"It's a very good example of excellent customer service and how fellow human beings should treat each other," he said.
[email protected]

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?211267-Cabby-mocks-man-not-once-but-twice&goto=newpost).