PDA

View Full Version : Mr Chan Chun Sing leads the TP GRC to Victory!!!

Sammyboy RSS Feed
26-07-2015, 10:20 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Focus is on Tanjong Pagar GRC residents, not opposition interest: Chan Chun Sing

Minister in the Prime Minister's Office Chan Chun Sing, who now leads the Tanjong Pagar GRC after Mr Lee Kuan Yew's passing, says it is not the PAP MPs' job to "focus on who's coming in, but put in our work every day".
By Imelda Saad, Channel NewsAsia
POSTED: 26 Jul 2015 12:50

SINGAPORE: The Tanjong Pagar Group Representation Constituency (GRC) team's focus is not "on who's coming in", but to put in their work every day so residents will see who is genuine, said Tanjong Pagar GRC MP and Minister in the Prime Minister's Office Chan Chun Sing on Sunday (Jul 26).

"The focus is to do my work consistently, and take care of residents," Mr Chan said. "It's the wrong starting point to say that I want to come to Tanjong Pager because I want to see a fight. That is injustice to residents." The Minister was speaking to the media after a walkabout on Sunday morning.

Mr Chan now leads the GRC, following the passing of Mr Lee Kuan Yew in March this year. The PAP is expected to face competition in this ward in the upcoming election, after a walkover in 2011. Among the opposition parties that have stated an interest include Singaporeans First and Singapore Democratic Party (SDP).

Commenting on the late Mr Lee's legacy, fellow GRC MP Indranee Rajah said: "Mr Lee's greatest legacy is that Singapore can carry on without him. We feel as MPs here that it is our duty to continue the Tanjong Pagar story and do our bit to build a new Singapore and a new spirit."

The team had earlier officially introduced a new face, 47-year-old Joan Pereira, during the Sunday morning walkabout.

- CNA/kk

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?211201-Mr-Chan-Chun-Sing-leads-the-TP-GRC-to-Victory!!!&goto=newpost).