PDA

View Full Version : LOL! HQ US NAVY shitting pants in deep fear to be mass killed by own men

Sammyboy RSS Feed
03-07-2015, 05:10 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Already happened before that their own man mass killed their top naval HQ in Washington DC. Now alile a permanent 911 panic. Always shit pants when there was slightest sign of attack.

Russia and China and Iran and North Korea and ISIS and Taliban and Al Qaeda... all enjoyed a very good laugh. :D fucking joke!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...d55_story.html (http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/at-the-navy-yard-our-collective-fear-of-mass-shootings-is-on-display-again/2015/07/02/ee62a58a-20cc-11e5-aeb9-a411a84c9d55_story.html)

At the Navy Yard, our collective fear of mass shootings is on display again
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google Plus Share via Email Share on WhatsappShare on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn Share on Tumblr
Resize Text Print Article Comments 48
On the scene at the Washington Navy Yard(2:07)
Germanie Alexander and BreAnna Holmes were on their way to work on July 2 when they were stopped by police and told to evacuate the scene because of a report of possible gun shots fired inside the Washington Navy Yard. (McKenna Ewen and Whitney Leaming/The Washington Post)
By Petula Dvorak July 2 at 12:29 PM
We’re getting way too used to this.

“Kids are safe and secure.”

“Everyone: Brian is home and safe!”

“Here we go again.”

We tweet phrases like “active shooter” and “lockdown.” In an awful way, it’s becoming an American tradition: Apple pie. Baseball. Shots fired. Lockdown. Sirens. Locate your loved ones. Broadcast their status.

Law enforcement officials secure M Street in front of the Navy Yard facility, where there was a report of shots fired that proved false but prompted a massive lockdown. (Mark Wilson/Getty Images)
As sirens wailed in our Washington neighborhood near the Navy Yard, my kids asked, in between bites of hash browns, “Is it another shooting?”

“I’m not sure,” I told them, wishing instead we were talking about the shark attacks in North Carolina, because that’s a fear that feels so much more normal.

But my Twitter feed was on fire. There was a report of shots fired at the Washington Navy Yard, and, though it would turn out to be false, the entire place was on lockdown.

I could try to assure my kids that the tragedy of 2013 at the Navy Yard, when Aaron Alexis killed 12 people, was isolated and rare.

[From the archives: Navy Yard attack kills 12]

But then we’d have to talk about the 20 first-graders gunned down at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Conn., in a safe place like school. And the nine people slaughtered in their house of worship in Charleston, S.C., last month.

And then they’d remember that they do intruder drills at school, in case it happens in their world. Like we did fire drills when I was a kid.

Remember fire drills?

I was convinced I would die in a fire because we did so many fire drills in school. So it makes sense that today, our collective PTSD over the mass shootings in our public spaces makes us all certain we’ll encounter an “active shooter” in our lifetime. At the movies. In the mall. At the grocery store. In our church. In our office. In our school.

That’s not an unreasonable assumption in a country with 88 guns for every 100 people. And somehow, we accept this. We quote a constitutional amendment written in 1791, at a time when arms were cartoonish muskets or flintlock pistols that made one, harum-scarum shot, then had to be reloaded.

But the world is different now because weapons are different. And a 2-year-old can make one wrong move in his mom’s purse and kill his mother with her handgun, or an 8-year-old can pull a trigger and kill a shooting instructor or a skinny, angry young man can hold a trigger like a video game controller and decimate a dozen lives, a dozen families, hundreds of people and put an entire nation on edge.

In Washington, we live every day with a thrumming backdrop of fear because we’re the nation’s biggest bull’s-eye.

We’ve lived through the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attack on the Pentagon, and anthrax attacks and the sniper spree, and armed attackers jumping the White House fences and, of course, the Navy Yard shooting.

We host the most powerful people in the world. Twitter feeds Thursday morning mentioned a potential Islamic State attack.

But you know what?

In most of the cases — besides the 9/11 attack — the assaults we endure are from fellow Americans, mentally ill people with guns, knives or just a toddler in the back seat of an erratically driven car.

These aren’t foreign insurgents, terrorist networks or cells. They are us.

On Thursday, many of us breathed a collective sigh of relief because there was no mass shooting.

On Saturday, as we gather on the Mall and Main Streets all over America to celebrate our freedom and extraordinary history, we should all take the time to examine what we have come to accept as routine. And we should wonder what kind of America is this?

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?209793-LOL!-HQ-US-NAVY-shitting-pants-in-deep-fear-to-be-mass-killed-by-own-men&goto=newpost).