PDA

View Full Version : Low pay sinkie security guard who used to donate to Roy got banned by Roy

Sammyboy RSS Feed
12-06-2015, 09:40 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

http://anyhowhantam.blogspot.com.au/...-mocks-mt.html (http://anyhowhantam.blogspot.com.au/2015/06/the-looney-fringe-han-hui-hui-mocks-mt.html)

Before I end, I have this really interesting story to tell. If you go to Roy's FB page, you'll find nothing but posts by persons praising him - not a word of dissent. It would appear that everyone agrees with him and he has widespread support. Well looks can be deceiving - he's blocked anyone and everyone who disagrees with him. Question him, tell him he's wrong about something - hey presto - your comments deleted, you're blocked and to make things easier - you're PAP IB.

I even had a reader who's part of a University group that follows local politics. They are opposition leaning, and Roy wrote a series on education which is relevant to them being involved in the process itself. They realised it contained some factual errors, they duly wrote to him to point this out. They were not against him, they agreed in principle with some of the points he raised, but just happen to disagree on others. Well what did Roy do? 'Sup sup suay' - dismissed all of them as PAP IB!

And now to my story. I have a friend, he's nearing 55 and working as a security guard. Unbeknownst to me at the time, he went to donate $20 to Roy when he launched his donation drive last year. He claimed he was being sued because he had spoken out about the CPF Minimum Sum and withdrawal age. My friend himself short of sums to maintain payment for his flat and almost gonna get nothing upon reaching 55 later this year, thought - 'Hey this is a good cause, maybe if he wins or fights, I might get a large portion back.' So he donated $20 - I know it's not much, but as he later told me, 'I never donated to political causes before, and $20 was all I could afford at the time.'

With lower secondary education, he's also not Net savvy - Youtube is his favourite channel. He didn't have a FB account and wanted to follow this saga and Roy in particular, so he got his son to set up an account for him. He hardly uses it, but occasionally he'll go read what Roy and others have to say, and even more infrequently he'll offer his comments. But it was always something positive to Roy - encouraging him on.

Then sometime last month after the Amos Yee saga, he was also engrossed in that (who wasn't), so he again surfed FB a bit more often. Finally after the dreadful antics Amos did to Vincent Law and others, my friend chanced upon Roy's reflections. Now my friend is a Roy supporter, not an Amos fan (he's extremely put off by rudeness to elders) and I gather he kind of told Roy not to engage with Amos and to teach him better. And he left it at that. My friend doesn't bother to go and read replies or engage in online debates. See something, maybe comment and forget about it.

Then last week he again went on FB and looked for Roy's page to find out what's the latest. But he couldn't.find it anymore! He thought at first his FB page was faulty and a few days later asked his son why this was so? Or perhaps Roy took down his page or was forced to by the Govt. It was only then he learnt he was blocked! And all because he disagreed with Roy just once! I laughed when he told me the story, I told him, why didn't you come and ask me when you first donated? He said he didn't even know I had a blog or was commenting on the issue, moreover when and where did he bother to go to the Net for a chat etc? He said, 'I don't even use FB much, if I want to find out about someone, I would call them not look for them on FB! It's only because of this CPF thing that I asked my son to set up the account.'

All season fighter. Roy Ngerng will even brave the cold European winter to 'speak up for you.'

He's cursing his stupidity, but said it's okay, never mind that $20 is a lesson. 'Fool me once, it's okay, I won't be fooled again.' Finally he learnt that Roy was leading a cushy life, travelling the globe, actually earning $3k from TRS and the whole thing was just a tactic to garner sympathy.

Now before you accuse me of making this up, here's a challenge - say if you're a fan of Roy and the Looney Fringe, say if you've donated or agree with some the things he writes, why not try to disagree with him or advise that some of the things h's doing is wrong or silly? See how long you'll be given access to his page, see how fast you're blocked or labelled a PAP IB. That's democracy Roy and Looney Fringe style - you agree with us and whatever we do, unquestionably. You donate willingly and always. You support us, you cannot disagree or tell us what's wrong. Do so and bye bye, we don't need you anymore.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?208549-Low-pay-sinkie-security-guard-who-used-to-donate-to-Roy-got-banned-by-Roy&goto=newpost).