PDA

View Full Version : HK to ZH(zhuhai?)

Ironpole
03-05-2006, 04:44 PM
hi to all the brothers who are international travellers.

small brother me, would like to ask some questions and if possible, get some answer :)

just wanted to know if you go to ZH from HK, need to chop passport? (not going to ask how to go.. cos sure got bros ask me do research)

and what information can bros share about those handicap restaurants?

Cheers
Ironpole

jinger
03-05-2006, 05:40 PM
hi to all the brothers who are international travellers.

small brother me, would like to ask some questions and if possible, get some answer :)

just wanted to know if you go to ZH from HK, need to chop passport? (not going to ask how to go.. cos sure got bros ask me do research)

and what information can bros share about those handicap restaurants?

Cheers
Ironpole

Dear Ironpole, going to ZH from Hk requires your passport to be chop. btw there are a few ways to reach ZH... pm me if u need advise

cheers

raverboy
03-05-2006, 05:53 PM
just wanted to know if you go to ZH from HK, need to chop passport? (not going to ask how to go.. cos sure got bros ask me do research)...

Check this out: Details of Visa-free Access for Singapore Citizens Holding Ordinary Passports Traveling to China for a Short Stay (http://www.chinaembassy.org.sg/eng/lsqw/t165692.htm)

You might want to give them a call to confirm, if I'm not mistaken ZH is included in their list of "ports open to foreigners".

Cheers!

pussybuster
03-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Have you tried CP??? I would advice you go CP instead of ZH...
:). Flood of SYT and safer to bonk there....

phenom
04-05-2006, 02:10 AM
There are ferries from HK to ZH.

You can also take an aircon coach (RMB85) from Shenzhen.
In HK, take the KCR train to the Lowu border.
After exiting the SZ immigration, turn to your left and mount the stairs to cross the overhead bridge. The bus station is just on your left as you face away from HK.

If you holding Sg passport, you do not need a visa; whether entering via SZ or directly at ZH.

phenom
04-05-2006, 02:11 AM
You might want to give them a call to confirm, if I'm not mistaken ZH is included in their list of "ports open to foreigners".

Cheers!

You are not mistaken. ZH is included.

Ironpole
04-05-2006, 08:39 AM
actually, primary concern is whether my passport will ganna chop cos scared if chop, later CO question.. haha

and thanks to all bros for their prompt reply.

Cheers

gniwgonwk
05-05-2006, 02:00 AM
actually, primary concern is whether my passport will ganna chop cos scared if chop, later CO question.. haha

and thanks to all bros for their prompt reply.

Cheers

Entry into China via any entry point - passport definitely chopped. Standard chinese oval / rectangular chop + another stamp when you exit.

The stamp would also have chinese characters to state which is the entry/exit point.

Anyway - I think fastest way fm HK to Zhuhai is via the ferries to Macau, then cross over to Zhuhai via Gongbei immigration complex.

meatlover
05-05-2006, 04:11 PM
Cheapest and fastest way to get to Lowu from HK Airport: -

1.) Upon exiting the airport main building, turn right and walk down the sloped walkway. Then turn left. You're now at the airport bus terminal.

2.) The first waiting queue will be the bus you'll be taking. Service A43. This bus will take you all the way to Sheung Shui (上水) KCR station, with only one stop in-between. Fare is HK$28 and travlling time is around 50 minutes. You're now only a few minutes away from Lowu.

3.) Take the escalator up to Sheung Shui KCR station and take the train to Lowu. Price is HK$20 (HK$18.80 is you're using Optopus card). Travelling time is around 2-3 minutes.

4.) You're now in Lowu HK immigration, all in around an hour's time at the cost of only HK$48

Note: - Bus A43 service frequency is 30-60 minutes.

meatlover
05-05-2006, 04:15 PM
..You can also take an aircon coach (RMB85) from Shenzhen...
Hi Brudder phemon,
Any idea whats the aircon coach cost from Lowu to Changan in Dongguan?
Thanks,
ML

phenom
07-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Hi Brudder phemon,
Thanks,
ML

I've never been there, so can't help much.
However as they are basically priced in relation to the distance of the road trip, I would say that Shenzhen to Dongguan will be lower than the RMB85 I paid for the Zhuhai-Shenzhen journey.
Chang'an is only one of more than two dozen towns in Dongguan and there might not be a direct service. You probably have to change buses at the Dongguan City. Best to find out more from the Shenzhen bus stations; one to the left of the railway station and the other more provincial one (your better bet) slightly to your right as you exit the Immigration building. There are also minbuses to the south of the latter and they might run to Chang'an; no harm asking them if the big buses does not do direct.
Anyway, Lowu is on the HK side while the Shenzhen part of the border town is called Luohu. Sound alike but not too sure whether they are written in the same characters as I don't read or write Mandarin.

tirak99
07-05-2006, 05:13 PM
Hi Brudder phemon,
Thanks,
ML

Bro, Take the train (GuangZhen) from Luohu to Chang Ping (30mins) (35rmb). Then take a roti van from Chang Ping to Chang An (20-25 rmb).

meatlover
08-05-2006, 06:26 PM
Bro, Take the train (GuangZhen) from Luohu to Chang Ping (30mins) (35rmb). Then take a roti van from Chang Ping to Chang An (20-25 rmb).
Chang Ping to Chang An quite far your know, machiam like from Bao An go to Ping Hu. :(
Hmm ... Like that I better take the direct coach from HKIA direct to Chang An, HK$180-200 nia.

meatlover
09-05-2006, 03:00 PM
Hi Brudder phemon,
Thanks,
ML
Just found out that there are direct coaches shuttling to Chang'an from Luohu. RMB30 per single trip. Starts 7am, frequency is intervals of 20-30 minutes. Will update again once I get the exact location of the bus booth # at Luohu