PDA

View Full Version : Teacher's woes

tritonyeah666
28-04-2006, 07:27 PM
I'm going to join moe soon as a full-time teacher. Heard the job is damn stressful, muz wake up early and a 24/7 job where wkends are also burnt planning lessons, CCAs etc. Makes me come to think of it, what entertainment is there in being a teacher?..i mean come to think of it, once u step into your role as a teacher, u also no mood to see student zaogeng or play out those student-teacher uniform fetish when u're younger liaoz...cause u practically have to do discipline and teach the whole class.
Sighz..life is so ironic..so many mei mei, yet after a while everyday eat abalone also sianz..full of contradictions..

jimmyccc
28-04-2006, 07:31 PM
so what's the point here?? please enlighten me as i'm in the dark.... that's what teacher's supposed to do....

kukumalu
28-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Aiyo, everything has a price to pay mah. Despite the job being stressful, the pay is quite good wat. and can have a fat pension when you retired....:D

Cyberfriend
28-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Abit off topic... I wondered when I was younger what would I have done if I saw my teacher/lecturer/professor cheonging when I was also cheonging... straight 'A's? :rolleyes:

Cheers :)

Pramoda
28-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Hopefully you get posted to a JC, because they are in the legal age of >16 to have sex.;)

Cyberfriend
28-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Hopefully you get posted to a JC, because they are in the legal age of >16 to have sex.

I remember when I was in secondary school, my friends and I always like to kay poh and see girls/Ah lians from our school fighting outside.

They always (dunno why) like to grab each other clothings and scratch each other with fingernails. Many times can see them fight and tear off each others' shirts till can see bras. Got 2-3 lucky times, the bra also came off...

BUT... sometimes those Ah lians are those ugly mini elephants... see liao confirm can't forget :eek:

Cheers :)

bart
29-04-2006, 03:13 AM
I'm going to join moe soon as a full-time teacher. Heard the job is damn stressful, muz wake up early and a 24/7 job where wkends are also burnt planning lessons, CCAs etc. Makes me come to think of it, what entertainment is there in being a teacher?..i mean come to think of it, once u step into your role as a teacher, u also no mood to see student zaogeng or play out those student-teacher uniform fetish when u're younger liaoz...cause u practically have to do discipline and teach the whole class.
Sighz..life is so ironic..so many mei mei, yet after a while everyday eat abalone also sianz..full of contradictions..

Look at bright side. You have a good full time job, steady income, no chance to get retrenched. When some of my friends keena retrenched, I tell you, not a fun day man...

sukhoi
29-04-2006, 03:25 AM
If you have a nice university certificate than you will get send to a jc or maybe a sec sch.

However when you are doing your practicum and if you get posted to a good sch, ask your hod if you can stay as they can ask MOE to send you back to their school.

As fo teacher part, yea u need to lesson plan and stuff. Its so mafan lah, prepare a lesson plan when hod come you have to follow it or you kanna and cannot deviate.

Also you have to mark and mark but bear in mind though, you have to wake up early at 7am and be there at 730 but then again on the days when you have no cca commitments, you can leave the minute its 230pm liaoz. However you can spend the rest of your time marking stuff lah so mark fast and if you are still young, i believe you will wana jio the meis meis and i know some schs that have guys teacher bonking the students but its really sick lah if a 26 year old bonk a 16 year old girl

asdfghjkl
29-04-2006, 05:34 AM
i just join the teaching sector not long ago.. maybe we can join "force" together? kekeke.. :rolleyes:

sukhoi
29-04-2006, 06:45 AM
yea triton if you wanna know how is it like
u can pm me for my msn,i work as a full time teacher before for 6 months for my work term

can share some tips with you if you want

sjb1994
29-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Maybe you can start a site line too, part time OKT for those mei mei, market it here, sure good buisness.

Just jorking. Think the other side, you got a secure job, steady income, long holiday, at least better than a lot on the street. Just enjoy it, life is short.

jdi813
29-04-2006, 10:27 AM
diff sort of stress la bro but the working hours and pay not bad ...

i got lots of frens left my industry to become teachers all very happy now ... cos they say in comparison teaching is damn slack ... no need to start work at 7am and leave the office at 2am everyday (jus for info some of them used to work 6.5 day week, including Public Holidays ... Chinese New Year "chu yi" start work liao cos got dateline to meet)

sukhoi
02-05-2006, 06:28 AM
plus MOE is damn weird one

even though u might work in other non related industry
they will count ur years working outside as experience so your pay wun be base pay but instead will be pay + experience

Cummingliao
02-05-2006, 06:56 AM

I can't believe I am reading this... :eek: :mad:

jdi813
02-05-2006, 08:37 AM
I can't believe I am reading this ...bro, although the stress a teacher faces cannot compare with the kind of stress a trader or engineer or whatever where lots of money and at times life is at stake. U cannot deny that they are still under stress ... it's just a matter of how much he can take ... different people handle and react to it differently ... :)

imaginative
02-05-2006, 08:05 PM
bro, although the stress a teacher faces cannot compare with the kind of stress a trader or engineer or whatever where lots of money and at times life is at stake. U cannot deny that they are still under stress ... it's just a matter of how much he can take ... different people handle and react to it differently ... :)

Agree totally. All my friends who are teachers are complaining about the stress they have. E.g. In the olden days, parents will complain to the principal when they are unhappy about the teacher. Nowadays - ha - they write to MOE direct!

asdfghjkl
02-05-2006, 08:36 PM
http://bbs.hzcnc.com/UploadFile/2006-1/2006181274551776.jpg

http://bbs.hzcnc.com/UploadFile/2006-1/2006181252573265.jpg

asdfghjkl
02-05-2006, 08:37 PM
http://bbs.hzcnc.com/UploadFile/2006-1/2006181283144750.jpg

http://bbs.hzcnc.com/UploadFile/2006-1/2006181254975732.jpg

Spytheman
02-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Life is definitely STRESS for teachers
Money is good , what over work .

Come from experience of my ... friend

JC Gals are asily hooked. they are very Curious abt sex. 29 yr old man fuck a 18 yr old gal, her first sex given to her teacher. however she got wat she wants tooo ... anyway...
Two hands to clap!!!

poison
02-05-2006, 11:07 PM
JC Gals are asily hooked. they are very Curious abt sex. 29 yr old man fuck a 18 yr old gal, her first sex given to her teacher. however she got wat she wants tooo ..... !!!

Better becareful who u have fun with, if not later cause your job, your pay, your bright future..............or u want to be well known and become overnight celebrities in the local news.:rolleyes:

Spytheman
02-05-2006, 11:33 PM
true.... tat is why my friend decided to quit but come to see tat gal , she is damm fucking chio.. how to resist when my friend showed me her picture? btw she seduce my friend first, a cock teaser... talk about sex over msn ? go to his house , bonk her in hotel.. how i wish i am in his shoe

tritonyeah666
04-05-2006, 02:06 PM
if she big mouth go leak out to her friends, then words spreads around the school, i'm thinking the teacher will be in deep shit..lol

Anyway, bro..now teacher is not like last time so slack liaoz..alot of commitments and admin shit to do. Teaching is juz 30% of it tats all..

sukhoi
04-05-2006, 02:32 PM
yea triton

check ur PM

TTI-INT
04-05-2006, 02:52 PM
I taught in Japan for a while.

Had some great experiences that could/should have put me in jail.

got away with it, but for me the temptation in school is too much.

Also made my mind look at girls different, could not be with a girl over 20 because i got to used to the look and feel and inexperience of teenage. Got to love the nervousness and scaredness and.............. THE FEEL.

Now i am more adjusted, but, i had to get away because for a man like me that environment will lead to destruction...

tritonyeah666
05-05-2006, 07:32 PM
To bonk or not to bonk, that is the question.

vesfreq
05-05-2006, 10:44 PM
diff sort of stress la bro but the working hours and pay not bad ...

i got lots of frens left my industry to become teachers all very happy now ... cos they say in comparison teaching is damn slack ... no need to start work at 7am and leave the office at 2am everyday (jus for info some of them used to work 6.5 day week, including Public Holidays ... Chinese New Year "chu yi" start work liao cos got dateline to meet)

I work in a finance related field. Honestly, I agree with you. No doubt, holding a title as a professional, but its bl**dy screwed up cos' professionals are supposed to follow some 101 unsaid and unspelt rules. Anything wrong sure kenna big time. Long work hours without sufficient monetary compensation.

While teaching (when I was still doing) is ok hours and sometimes need to work hard, but not like life as a finance professional where anything and everything can be a ground for being reprimanded.

I wouldn't say hours damn slack, but time is within the teacher's control. Marking can be done anytime. I ever met one char bo teacher. She can go town for lunch and zoom back to the eastern most end of Singapore to continue her afternoon session.

While we see teachers good, one of my teacher friend say no good. His reasoning is that ..... always need to work under women. His pay at least somewhere close to 3.5k, after some 3 yrs of teaching. I told him, outside you want 3.5k, pple will want u to perform 7k worth of work + lots of job responsibilities and offer you only a ... contract position. :mad:

tritonyeah666
08-05-2006, 01:50 PM
why must finance line pple start work at 7am and leave the office at 2am man?..what kind of life is that?..sorry bout my ignorance but i only just graduated from university and am pretty naive about the state of different working industries, private and public and how they fare against each other.

But as a far as i know and heard, private sector jobs brings about the most high flyers with some younger 27-28 year old banker from banking sector drawing close to 6-7k per month plus perks and performance bonuses. This is different when compared to a teacher who works long hours and could only draw 5-6k when he reaches 40-50 plus. Maybe tat would explain the difference in working hrs as finance line got more career advancement and 'value add' as compared to teachers in the long run who are not as marketable.

warresg
08-05-2006, 07:13 PM
why must finance line pple start work at 7am and leave the office at 2am man?..what kind of life is that?..sorry bout my ignorance but i only just graduated from university and am pretty naive about the state of different working industries, private and public and how they fare against each other.
Perhaps they deal with the stock market in US or UK. Their daytime is our night time. :eek:

jdi813
09-05-2006, 12:29 AM
why must finance line pple start work at 7am and leave the office at 2am man?depends on ur job scope and the markets u deal with i suppose (US or UK so LL cos of time difference) ... guess it's the same for most of the jobs in the private sector with tight schedules to meet and all ... remember time is money ... quite literally in some industrieswhat kind of life is that?this i suppose is real life ... a sad one but something real ... i know of bankers who work till 2am cos they deal with their counterparts in the foreign markets ... but then again they get good moneyBut as a far as i know and heard, private sector jobs brings about the most high flyers with some younger 27-28 year old banker from banking sector drawing close to 6-7k per month plus perks and performance bonuses. This is different when compared to a teacher who works long hours and could only draw 5-6k when he reaches 40-50 plus.bro ... dun mean to sound snobbish but teachers and working long hours dun seem to always gel together ... i mean how would u define long hours ... without working late and as per my contract i work from 7am - 7pm ... and i know of people who work just like or more than i do ... my relative who is a teacher once told me something i found to be both incredulous and insulting ... she told me not to always think teachers have an easy life ... and that some of the yound teachers work as late as 6pm ... dunno i can take the long hours or not ... i was like huh ????

I do concede that teachers nowadays have it tough ... cos of over protective parents, the increase in red tape by MOE and smarter more guai lan students. But how can u ever compare the stress faced by a teacher with other industries like the finance sector and the engineering profession where time is short and the money involved is quite substantial ... can u imagine a delay incurring liquidated damages of over 100K each day ... that is stress (and i guess it explains why some people will work round the clock if necessary)Maybe tat would explain the difference in working hrs as finance line got more career advancement and 'value add' as compared to teachers in the long run who are not as marketable.dun think so la ... really depends on the job u do ... btw u're comparing 2 very different jobs (finance & teaching) ... both r not everyone's cup of tea ... depends on the individual and his aptitude i guess

King
09-05-2006, 06:26 AM

But as a far as i know and heard, private sector jobs brings about the most high flyers with some younger 27-28 year old banker from banking sector drawing close to 6-7k per month plus perks and performance bonuses. This is different when compared to a teacher who works long hours and could only draw 5-6k when he reaches 40-50 plus. Maybe tat would explain the difference in working hrs as finance line got more career advancement and 'value add' as compared to teachers in the long run who are not as marketable.

Judging from your understanding of the market, you are pretty fresh eh? Have you got ur first job yet? Word of advise is take it easy cos its not as bright as what you think.

Some lucky ones make it to 6-7k a month before 30, majority dun. I count myself lucky that i am nearing the range though im still a few years away from 30. But its the hours you put in the job and the effort. You do well, promo and pay incres comes your way, you make a mistake, the whole department will remember your error for the rest of the period you are in the company. Theres gd and theres cons, depends on how you deal with the job. But at least the teacher's job is stable enough and less stressful in more ways then one. :)

KingBong
05-06-2006, 12:21 AM
It's quite a challenge especially the higher secondary and above. They are not as innocent as they look, if they fancy you then you will upskirts and downblouse to resist everyday!

kye_76
05-06-2006, 01:52 AM
As much as I would refrain from replying on a non-sex topic in this forum. I just want to clarify that teaching hrs are shorter than banking hrs. I am in banking right now. Pull in 120 hrs a week (considering that there are 168 hrs a week). However, the hourly rate for teachers are probably higher than a banker like myself. The question would be whether you want to pull the hrs and $ but no time for any social events, or earn a commendable salary at an easier pace but with a life.

asdfghjkl
05-06-2006, 03:21 AM
They are not as innocent as they look

hehe.. and if the teacher comment "sexy legs", siao liao ah! :o

tritonyeah666
09-06-2006, 08:44 PM
kye, but in the long run, your would have a much better life what with top bank's 6 half mths bonuses and the high pay an all.

newasianhand
13-06-2006, 02:14 AM
hi, i would like to weigh in on this too.

i'm just in my mid 20's, most probably what you all know as the 'investment banker'.. yup that's me (and from what i see, the other poster who works 120/168 hours a week), i've been working in a top tier firm based out in New York since my graduation a few years ago and it's really not easy at all.

yes, my salary is high (way higher than the 6 or 7k; i think those people are what we call 'middle office'..and i doubt that any s'pore bank can afford us! but the life span of my job is extremely short.

i have white hair growing out of my head, many failed, short term relationships..

what does a real investment banker do? (ie: how do we justify such a high pay?), well in short, we don't do the normal savings/loan stuff that you see at DBS/HSBC.. we help clients raise money/advise them on M&A transactions/advice them on risk/help them derive strategies to make their balance sheets look better/create fancy options/etc...

what is our reward? well we get to see our deals featured in the wsj/ft/nytimes the next day or mentioned on cnbc.. and of course our bonuses

yes, we do get our fair share of models/hangers on, but that is if you have time to see her!! the other 48 hours in a week has to be used for sleeping! and how about co-workers?? well, lets just say that the long hours has an effect on ladies looks.. and they are no where near the pretty young bankers you see in Shenton Way that work 'just' 10-12 hours a day =)

my point is that being a teacher has its perks

ok i think i've gone on enough =)

feenix123
13-06-2006, 02:45 AM
OMFG to the threadstarter....
this is bs....

In the first friggin place...why did u apply to be a teacher if you're now whining about what is expected of a teacher?.....give me a break man...this just proves to me that majority of the applicants knows nuts abt what they are getting into....:mad: and what made me this mad is cos I have at least applied 15X to the MOE without success. And I want to be a teacher....and they rejected me...screw them! Now i just need something to tell me that my gut feeling of MOE having prefrence on local grads over overseas grads.:mad:

asdfghjkl
13-06-2006, 08:34 AM
ONow i just need something to tell me that my gut feeling of MOE having prefrence on local grads over overseas grads

my past colleagues' degrees are from overseas.. however as their degree are not relevant, they can teach at primary level only..

dna_gene
13-06-2006, 09:01 AM
:eek: A teacher-to-be surfing sammyboy...!!! Hope don't see any local scandal in Singapore too soon! ^_^ Heehee!

ronins
13-06-2006, 09:32 AM
bro, u better think long and hard with your brain in your big head. this will sound corny and crappy. if you cannot control your urges, better dun become a MOE teacher, got see these past months news on teachers crossing the line. if you r still have the hots for youngbabe/teens and u do teaching in MOE schools, we be looking for you in the next teacher/student scandal. u might want to consider becoming a pvt tutor, less stressful and if caught in situation with your student, easier to settle problem then if u with MOE.

asdfghjkl
13-06-2006, 10:03 AM
very true.. whole SG will know who you are if MOE leaks out.. :eek:

huskypower
14-06-2006, 02:29 PM
teaching is a calling, and only if your heart tells you to teach then you will do it well iin teaching.

teaching is taxing, arrive in school before 7:15am (Flag raising) and after class 2:30pm got CCA and marking and setting papers, leson planning, and councillling, and many more, committee work meeting and so on.

If one ones to rise fast in teaching, which many take teaching route as a iron rice bowl and relax career, you will win these people and rise to HOD after your 3 years contract. HOD = $500 extra alowance on top of the $180 pay rise per year works out to about $4100 to $4200 per month salary after three years with NS.

4000 plus amonth is not much but if you knows how to plan you can go home monday to friday at about 4pm.... somtimes 3pm...

So think in this direction. And as for sec or pri or JC, you can always as for transfer once employed by MOE this is not a problem.....

hope this is helpful, to know more PM me...
cheers
:)

tritonyeah666
13-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Reviving this thread abit - its been 3 yrs and i finally completed my NIE bond as a teacher with many interesting tales to share. Those who are interested pls upz my pts and I will proceed to dish out the dirt on the dishes =p

naturegreen
13-04-2010, 10:46 AM
No matter you are in which sector. Same rule applies. Do not shit and eat at the same place cause you never know when you will be eating your own shit. :rolleyes:

jdi813
13-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Reviving this thread abit - its been 3 yrs and i finally completed my NIE bond as a teacher with many interesting tales to share. Those who are interested pls upz my pts and I will proceed to dish out the dirt on the dishes =pwah good to see u back in the thread u started way back in 2006

my 2 cents ... if u wanna share just do so ... the points will come naturally ... no point asking ... it'll get u nowhere :p

so look forward to your future posts

bigmannow
13-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Reviving this thread abit - its been 3 yrs and i finally completed my NIE bond as a teacher with many interesting tales to share. Those who are interested pls upz my pts and I will proceed to dish out the dirt on the dishes =p

waiting for u to dish out all ur stories as teacher.. already uppped ur points :)

tritonyeah666
13-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Sure i will write the stories once i'm back from my overseas trip to china =p

best123
13-04-2010, 05:40 PM
awaiting your stories bro!

bigmannow
20-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Hi bro TS,

ready to continue ur story?

PEACELUVER
20-04-2010, 11:45 AM
nice story, waiting for more updates..

Civicsir1
20-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Unbelieveable!!!!! I was expecting a Teacher's woes to be like (he/she have sex with the student and blah blah blah.....) This decent topic really caught me off guard.

justwanadoit
20-04-2010, 08:59 PM
No matter you are in which sector. Same rule applies. Do not shit and eat at the same place cause you never know when you will be eating your own shit. :rolleyes:

actually u can. but eat 1st then shit then move to another place:D

asdfghjkl
20-04-2010, 08:59 PM
I got my connect plan, hehe.

bigmannow
22-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Hi bro TS,

ready to continue ur story?

bigmannow
26-04-2010, 02:43 PM
upppppppppppp

asdfghjkl
01-05-2010, 12:52 PM
TS gone mia?

Absolute
01-05-2010, 11:18 PM
(1) Good luck to Singapore's future educational system. Can't believe that there are so many aspiring and current teachers surfing sammyboy. Don't say that you accidentally stepped inside here because the whole world knows that that is bullshit!

(2) For those shitheads who claimed that they are drawing a high salary at a relatively young age at the expense of having to work very long hours at some banking or financial sector and only barely having time to even sleep, I say: Go and fly your bullshit kites. It is obvious you still got plenty of time to surf in sammyboy and pay tribute to FLs and post your comments instead of sleeping. So don't over-blow your trumpet.

Yardstick
03-05-2010, 05:39 PM
(1) Good luck to Singapore's future educational system. Can't believe that there are so many aspiring and current teachers surfing sammyboy. Don't say that you accidentally stepped inside here because the whole world knows that that is bullshit!

(2) For those shitheads who claimed that they are drawing a high salary at a relatively young age at the expense of having to work very long hours at some banking or financial sector and only barely having time to even sleep, I say: Go and fly your bullshit kites. It is obvious you still got plenty of time to surf in sammyboy and pay tribute to FLs and post your comments instead of sleeping. So don't over-blow your trumpet.

Bro, i will have to disagree with you.

What is so surprising that teachers are SBF's members? There are even the MIB who are members here. It is a new age and sex is a common thing now.

People pay for sex and admit it on TV. Teachers have blogs with sexual content. Even ministers have naked photos of themselves taken.

Why make a hoo-ha of teachers visiting SBF. They are humans too. Male or females, they have urges too. For all you know, your primary school teacher had a stash of porno tapes and magazines back in those days when SBF was not around yet.

As for the part where individuals have to work long hours to earn their keep, it is not strange at all. I have worked in a bank before and i have seen bankers, the common ones who deal with loans and 'mini' investors working their asses off just to get that monthly pay of 4k to 7k.

Beside bankers, there are those in the construction lines, shipping lines, property lines and such that work long hours to get their keep too. Do you know construction line people can work 7 days a week if needed by the company? Do you know shipping staff have to do OT a lot of times due to the time difference between different parts of the world?

My two ikan bilis worth of sharing.

squirt
04-05-2010, 12:19 AM
teaching shiok. I once made it out with my colleague in the music room. It was a school music camp. She and I were hanging out in the music room cos got aircon. We chatted many things until very late at night about 1am plus. At first we talk about normal things, then slowly got more and more into sensitive topic. I test test water and got the green light. So just do it. Damn shiok. She also came a few times. Unforgettable. :D

bigmannow
10-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Bro squirt,

U're a teacher too? more details pls.:D i shaking v hard now..

bigmannow
14-05-2010, 06:45 PM
upzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

bigmannow
21-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Bro squirt... pls continue soon l....

Catty28
21-05-2010, 03:31 PM
hehe... The most daring act was when I gave my colleague a bj behind a table while the children were sitting infront in the ava room watching some movie.

bigmannow
24-05-2010, 06:22 PM
upppppppppp

Absolute
24-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Bro, i will have to disagree with you.

What is so surprising that teachers are SBF's members? There are even the MIB who are members here. It is a new age and sex is a common thing now.

People pay for sex and admit it on TV. Teachers have blogs with sexual content. Even ministers have naked photos of themselves taken.

Why make a hoo-ha of teachers visiting SBF. They are humans too. Male or females, they have urges too. For all you know, your primary school teacher had a stash of porno tapes and magazines back in those days when SBF was not around yet.

As for the part where individuals have to work long hours to earn their keep, it is not strange at all. I have worked in a bank before and i have seen bankers, the common ones who deal with loans and 'mini' investors working their asses off just to get that monthly pay of 4k to 7k.

Beside bankers, there are those in the construction lines, shipping lines, property lines and such that work long hours to get their keep too. Do you know construction line people can work 7 days a week if needed by the company? Do you know shipping staff have to do OT a lot of times due to the time difference between different parts of the world?

My two ikan bilis worth of sharing.

Bro, thanks for your candid sharing and opening me to another dimension of reality. Points noted.

bigmannow
25-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Hmmmmm.. where's the TS to continue his story??

bigmannow
31-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Cher gd to fuck here and there keke..