PDA

View Full Version : the eyes of our youth are getting darker and concern for others are diminishing!

Sammyboy RSS Feed
15-05-2015, 01:10 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

I have been blessed as a former youth pastor and now as a speaker to interact with hundreds of thousands of youth worldwide. I have had the privilege of engaging youth from all walks of life, races and socioeconomic situation. With all this being said, I was recently telling my wife that over the years I noticed a pattern. This pattern is deeply concerning to me. The looks in the eyes of many of our youth are getting darker and their care for others is diminishing. It seems like the influence of this world, with all of its gadgets, negative music, movement away from Godly things, and demise of family structure, is being very effective at winning the hearts of kids, Christians and non-Christians. The bible is very clear in its realization that it is our responsibility to protect our children. The scriptures are very clear on this subject:

1. Genesis 18:19 "For I have chosen him, that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the LORD by doing righteousness and justice, so that the LORD may bring to Abraham what he has promised him.”
2. Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it."
3. Deuteronomy 6:6-9 "And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates."

Besides youth, I speak to parents globally. I find that many Christian parents and caretakers’ parents allow their kids to:

• Play on video games all day long
• Overly engage in social media
• Watch a plethora of TV shows that lack biblical character
• Attend secular event that promote anti-God nature
• Many others

You cannot expect good morals to come from this. The word of God tells us to “Guard our hearts with all diligence, for out of it flows the issues of life.” You can equate the heart in this scripture to the mind. It is telling us that we need to help our children “guard their minds” for if not, they will fall to the trappings sand expectations of the world. My wife and I see training our children as our responsibility, but this is not just the responsibility of parents. We all have a part to play. We as followers of Christ can be a major example and role model to our youth by:

• Sharing an encouraging word with them every opportunity we get
• Letting them know how God has been a blessing in your lives
• Listening to them instead of lecturing them
• Encouraging them to be careful of what they watch and listen to
• Helping them find activities that are healthy and spirit lifting
• Keeping their electronic gadget time at a minimum
• Upholding the scriptures in our own lives. Living for Christ and not imitating the world.

Our children need for us to stand for them. We are losing way to many of them to the world. Even today, way too many saints are straddling the fence. Some are mistaking acceptance of worldly standards and expectations with the truth of God’s word. They are unfortunately “twisting” the scriptures. We have to be diligent in upholding the truth of God’s word or it will be watered down to nothing. Many in the world want it this way. This sends a mixed message to our youth, and many others. Our kids need to see our Godly love for them and their future. If not, the future will be shaped for them by the world and this will not include God.

We will truly become a remnant in our generation if this happens.

Stand strong and be encouraged. God is for us and since he is, we know the end in beginning.

Your brother in Christ
Darrell “Coach D” Andrews

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?206801-the-eyes-of-our-youth-are-getting-darker-and-concern-for-others-are-diminishing!&goto=newpost).