PDA

View Full Version : Errant Water Heater Installers

Sammyboy RSS Feed
12-05-2015, 06:20 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Dear All,

Really not sure what to do with errant water heater installers, have recently purchased water heaters from an Electromart vendor located at Dawsons Place.

The installer have done a shoddy job, basically part of the casing in both bathrooms have come out, he did not bother to silicon it to the wall nor secure the casing properly. He just used a black tape to secure it, it's common sense that this wont hold. The next excuse that came was that the wall surface was dusty thus he couldn't stick it properly and left my premises.

Immediately after this, I made a call to the salesperson who sold me the product, was amazed that he said its common that water heater casings will come out and that he will not refund me the installation fees for a job which wasn't done up properly. I have mentioned to him that when he sold me the product he should have told me honestly how they intend to run the wiring for my home.

He is also willing to challenge me should I feedback to CASE about this issue. Even though the casing wasn't secured in the first place during installation. 3 hours later I made a second call to the salesperson as the water heater had issues with sound coming out, resembling a heater coil being spoilt, again he pushed the responsibility away and said it has nothing to do with the product sold and that it was due to piping issues, without even bothering to get a technician to check again at my premises.

I have to make a personal trip to the shop to speak to the sales person before he relented to get the installer to drop by again to check on the faulty heater.

Totally given up on such sales vendors and shoddy water heater installers.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?206602-Errant-Water-Heater-Installers&goto=newpost).