PDA

View Full Version : Betong updates

DickLip
20-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Hi Bro,

I am planning to visit Betong on Jun, 2006 before heading off to Hatyai for couple days. Anyways, the last trip that I ve made up there is about 7 years ago for several times. Had stayed for several occasions in Merlin ins and felt very pleased with the conditions of the room as well the greenry view backdropping the hotel.

Would appreciate if any bros could contribute the latest scenes for KFC haunting, day time activities, place of interest and latest best accomodation in Betong nowaday...

Thanks
DL

pomrakthai
20-04-2006, 06:23 PM
Hi Bro,

I am planning to visit Betong on Jun, 2006 before heading off to Hatyai for couple days. Anyways, the last trip that I ve made up there is about 7 years ago for several times. Had stayed for several occasions in Merlin ins and felt very pleased with the conditions of the room as well the greenry view backdropping the hotel.

Would appreciate if any bros could contribute the latest scenes for KFC haunting, day time activities, place of interest and latest best accomodation in Betong nowaday...

Thanks
DL

Another newbie openning up new threads...haiiii.....susah nak bilang loh :o

DickLip
20-04-2006, 06:39 PM
Come on la bro, FYI Betong is an interesting place to visit and noticed that there are much lack of reliable informations to be explore and for me to open this thread is to all allow our samsters to contribute on their FR specifily about Betong.

I am extremely sorry if this has offended you much and have nice a day:)

DL

[QUOTE=pomrakthai]Another newbie openning up new threads...haiiii.....susah nak bilang loh :o[/QUOT

E]

pomrakthai
20-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Come on la bro, FYI Betong is an interesting place to visit and noticed that there are much lack of reliable informations to be explore and for me to open this thread is to all allow our samsters to contribute on their FR specifily about Betong.

I am extremely sorry if this has offended you much and have nice a day

DL

[QUOTE=pomrakthai]Another newbie openning up new threads...haiiii.....susah nak bilang loh [/QUOT

E]

No offense taken. I seldom gets angry unless the fella has been rude to me or all or fellow samsters...:D

I was just concerned that if newbies dun check out the threads, and kept openning new ones, the information that that newbie wanted could actually be found in established threads and eventually the threads become truncated....just imagine if HDY thread were in over 20 threads...how to consolidate the information and sharing of cheonging knowledge [I wont say that is carnal knowledge..kekekeke]

DeKuip
20-04-2006, 07:56 PM
No offense taken. I seldom gets angry unless the fella has been rude to me or all or fellow samsters...:D

That's true... once i called bro PRT around 4 am asked him go 'Or Gi Gi' (go toilet), to my surprise he wasn't angry and somemore said thanks u to me! :p

pomrakthai
20-04-2006, 09:13 PM
That's true... once i called bro PRT around 4 am asked him go 'Or Gi Gi' (go toilet), to my surprise he wasn't angry and somemore said thanks u to me! :p

Bro DK you are hell of a joker..:D Looks like I need to use "bao da ren" pampers liao!

DeKuip
21-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Bro DK you are hell of a joker..:D Looks like I need to use "bao da ren" pampers liao!

Bro PRT,

Me no joker lah, wait till u have met CBM aka TD0620G lah... u will have tears in ur eyes with laughing... hurururhururu... :D

DickLip
21-04-2006, 09:45 AM
I am glad that there are NO offense taken by yourself bro...

So let's us contribute on reality of 'sexperiences' about this town.

DL

I was just concerned that if newbies dun check out the threads, and kept openning new ones, the information that that newbie wanted could actually be found in established threads and eventually the threads become truncated....just imagine if HDY thread were in over 20 threads...how to consolidate the information and sharing of cheonging knowledge [I wont say that is carnal knowledge..kekekeke][/QUOTE]

NotSuave
25-04-2006, 01:43 PM
Dear ThreadStarter,

I believe the other just don't want the newbie to be lazy. Just go thru this thread and I believe you can get some update information about Betong.

Hee hee,,, I going there end of this month....

Cheers

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?t=17281

DickLip
25-04-2006, 03:43 PM
I think the attached thread doesnt tells much about the town at present nature... Meaning to says, we still lack of sufficient informations about accomadations levels, mongering activities, place of interests and so and so forth. I am been there 7 years ago for severals times and yet I believe there's will a lot a chances had took pplace where others saying the place a dying due riots, hassles and etc..

Pehaps, you could updates us the latest development of that town.

Dear ThreadStarter,

I believe the other just don't want the newbie to be lazy. Just go thru this thread and I believe you can get some update information about Betong.

Hee hee,,, I going there end of this month....

Cheers

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?t=17281

NotSuave
25-04-2006, 08:24 PM
Betong is still a very safe place to go despite the unrest in southern Thailand. To be frank, it is just a small town with more and more KTV joint with China girl (Around 13 joint now) and of course, there is more hotel now. The places of interest is still the same .... hot spring and friendship village, outside the town, by car around 30 mins. Basically you can go around the whole town by vehicle in less than an hours.

KatoeyLover69
25-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Betong

Betong is a district of Yala Province, situated in the southernmost province of Thailand in Sankalakhiri mountain range. With an are of 1,328 sq. km, it borders the Malaysian states of Kedah and Perak. Its terrain is mostly mountainous and hilly with forested plateaus. About 1,900 feet above sea level, it is 140km from Yala and 1,224km from the capital city of Bangkok.

Betong, meaning bamboo, is named in the Malay language. It is administratively divided into 4 tambons, i.e. Yarom, Aiyerweng, Tanah Merah, Tan Namtip, and one municipality - the Tambon Betong Municipality.

With a population of around 48,487 which can be classified into two major groups Muslims and Chinese, the majority of its people are agriculturists. Climatically speaking, Betong is under the influence of the Southwest and Northwest monsoons. Therefore, there is a lot of rain and the weather is nice and cool with fog in the morning. This is perhaps how it got is name - 'A Town in the Mist with Beautiful Flowers'.

World's Largest Mailbox

The world's largest mailbox is located at the Clock Tower Intersection in the town center. It was built in 1924 by Mr. Sa-Nguan Jirajinda, the former head of Betong Post and Telegraph Office and the Lord Mayor of Betong. The purpose of this mail-box is to distribute news and to give services in posting and distributing mails for the people of Betong. It is made of reinforced concrete, with a cylindrical shape divided into 2 parts - the base and the box. The circumference of the base is 265cm and that of the box is 240cm. At a total height of 320cm, it is at present used as an ordinary mailbox.

Betong travel guide

Betong is as far as you can get from Bangkok and still be in Thailand. Often referred to as the 'town in the mist' as evidenced by the mist that tends to bathe Batong in the early morning, in Malay, Betong means 'bamboo' of which today, there is almost none as the town is largely a concrete egg-carton style place.

Set around 140 km from Yala, in a hilly district that borders with Malaysia, Betong is not a 'hill station' by any standard, though the nights here are cooler than elsewhere in the south. Almost completely surrounded by rubber plantations, Betong is a good place to see all the rubber being collected and trucked away.

Rubber and mist aside, Betong is famous for two other slightly more unusual reasons; firstly for its siberian swallows (it is easier for them to get here than you as they don't have to worry about the hairpin turns), hundreds of thousands of which migrate here every year to perch on the city's rooftops and weigh down the electricity cables, and secondly it has the world's largest postbox. It seems unlikely that Betong's postmen could ever get that busy, but built in 1924 this British style red pillar post box stands towards the northern end of town. The postbox is a functioning one so you can post your swallow shit covered postcards here for added prestige.

The town itself is compact and bustling and an interesting place to explore with plenty of friendly locals around. Due to the proximity to Malaysia, Betong has a very multicultural feel to it with the population mix being 50% Muslim, 40% Chinese and 10% Thai Buddhist. There is also a large recently constructed bronze sitting Buddha, a wat behind it which offers good panoramic views.

KatoeyLover69
25-04-2006, 10:50 PM
BETONG

"A beautiful border town, southernmost in Siam" is the slogan of Yala province. The word "Yala" comes from a folk word "yalor", meaning "fishing net" because at the original site of the town, Yalor, there was a mountain shaped like a fishing net. It was a low land and people earned their living by using fishing nets to catch fish. Eventually, many new towns were set up one after another until finally it moved to Nibong, which is its present location. (Nibong means a kind of tree called "laocha-on"). Yala is the southern most province of Thailand with and area of 4,521 square kilometres. It is 1,055 kms. from Bangkok by rail and 1,440 kms. by road. It is the only one of the 14 southern provinces that is not next to the sea. Yala is mostly mountains and covered with forests but has very little flat land.

Amphur Betong

The southernmost borderland located about 126 kms. from Yala township is famous among Thai and Malaysian tourists for its misty mountain scenery and superb local dishes. Its modernization is equivalent to the province itself or better than some certain provinces of Thailand. There is a road linking Thailand and Malaysia to the Betong Checkpoint. The biggest letter box in the world is seen in this town.

Betong : A name with a hint
Betong is a Malay word meaning "bamboo" so pervasive in this town until it becomes an icon of this town. To mark this icon, then at Suan Sud Siam (the public park), the Betong Municipality constructed a reinforced - concrete bamboo replica, with a 3 meter diameter and 9 meter height, as a water tank.

The Historical Bedrock of Betong

The era of King Rama I ruling. The city of Patany was divided into 7 sub - districts. Betong is part of Raman sub - district. In 1901 - 1904 King rama V had revalorised the city ruling structure in order to keep up with the western countries. The division structure were as the following ranging, region, district, sub - district and village. The so called Betong area was nominated as Yarom district which had 6 sub - districts within, which were Betong, Yarom Etom, Gronay, Balon and Zaa(Groa). In the year 1909. The period of colonization hunte, THailand had lost Etom, Gronay, Balon and Zaa sub - districts to Paruk state of Malasia. As the result, only two sub - districts were left in Yarom district which were Betong and Yarom. There after , in 1919, Ai Yer Wang sub - district was established and Hala sub - district were found in 1925. In 1930, Pra Pichid Bunchar sherrif period, had relocated Yarom district house from hanged village moo.1, Betong sub - district to Gumpong Musayid village moo.6, Betong sub - district and changed the name from Yarom to Betong district. Betong is Malaysian Language meaning bamboo. In 1938 Ta Noa Ma Loa sub - districted was added and in 1939 Hala sub - district were Eliminates and joined to Ai Yer Wang sub - district. In 18 September 1984 the ministry of interior had declared Tharn Nam Tip to be one more sub - district. Therefore until the present day Betong district covers 4 sub - districts, which are Yarom. Ai Yer Wang, Ta Noa Ma Loa and Tharn Nam Thip sub - districts together with one metropolitan know as Betong metropolitan.

Part of Malay - Peninsular cities ruled by the Sukhothai Kingdom, Betong has struggled against many obstacles including distinct weather, wars and town establishment. Formerly named as Yarom, it was later alteres to Betong to name it after a Tambon name when its administration center has moved from Ban Ha - Ngud, Zone 1, to Ban Kampong Masjid, Zone 6, Tambon Betong in 1930

Betong Town at Present

Discover this amazing small town hidden in the valley, the town rich of natural resources, serene multi - cultural and traditional ways of life despite many distinct ethnic communities. Local people earn their living by cultivating rubber plantations and fruits while others offer tourist services.

TD0620G
26-04-2006, 01:23 AM
Bro PRT,

Me no joker lah, wait till u have met CBM aka TD0620G lah... u will have tears in ur eyes with laughing... hurururhururu... :D

KNN.. suddenly my nick also mentioned here for nothing :p

Btw GTM how many years already the last time u visit Betong? I think your kids should be around 10 years old already huh? kekeke

Thailand king
26-04-2006, 02:26 AM
I think the attached thread doesnt tells much about the town at present nature... Meaning to says, we still lack of sufficient informations about accomadations levels, mongering activities, place of interests and so and so forth. I am been there 7 years ago for severals times and yet I believe there's will a lot a chances had took pplace where others saying the place a dying due riots, hassles and etc..

Pehaps, you could updates us the latest development of that town.

Bro DL,
Betong is more nor less the same except there are now more hotels. If you like to stay around town then hotels like Merlin and a few newer ones are there. However if u like something relaxing maybe u can try River Inn, Sometimes Resort. As for mongering u can choose from Jockey Pub (Just next to Merlin), Nice Resort (B4 u reach Betong Town) and maybe spend some time in Khong Kha Hotel.(Disco).There is also a few Russian chic in front of Merlin Hotel. They are performing sexy show in the lounge and are also meant for ST or LT.Not too sure they are still there cos been few months ago i seen them. However its costly to book Russian . 2500 b for ST 5000b for overnight. But compare with HDY I think Betong is more costly and not as lively as HDY. Anyway have a nice trip

Cheers
TK

KatoeyLover69
26-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Any 'live' Tiger Shows in Betong ?

I am interested in bonking the Betong Tigress :p ( if any available )

pomrakthai
26-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Any 'live' Tiger Shows in Betong ?

I am interested in bonking the Betong Tigress :p ( if any available )

Ayoyo, Bro KTL wants to bonk "bamboo tigress" [betong is bamboo] after conquering [or in Malay it is pronounced as "kongketting"] the HDY tigress. I think Had-yai means "big beach"...rite?

KatoeyLover69
26-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Ayoyo, Bro KTL wants to bonk "bamboo tigress" after conquering [or in Malay it is pronounced as "kongketting"] the HDY tigress. I think Had-yai means "big beach"...rite?

My dream is to bonk [B]Tigresses all over the World :p It gives me a certain level of sextisfaction ............. I really cannot explain why I am like this ...........maybe I am suffering from a kind of fetish ???

DickLip
26-04-2006, 11:45 AM
Thanks bro,

I hope more bros will contribute their sexperinces about this town.

How about PRC scene, still happening we do i find them?. Would like to try both flavour of Tom Yam and Dim Sum..:p

Do you have any idea on where we could hire a motorbike in Betong. The last time I did was to surrender my passport to the shop owner before i could take the motorbike out. Has this practice still being preserved and how much does this fun cost now?.

DL:)

Bro DL,
Betong is more nor less the same except there are now more hotels. If you like to stay around town then hotels like Merlin and a few newer ones are there. However if u like something relaxing maybe u can try River Inn, Sometimes Resort. As for mongering u can choose from Jockey Pub (Just next to Merlin), Nice Resort (B4 u reach Betong Town) and maybe spend some time in Khong Kha Hotel.(Disco).There is also a few Russian chic in front of Merlin Hotel. They are performing sexy show in the lounge and are also meant for ST or LT.Not too sure they are still there cos been few months ago i seen them. However its costly to book Russian . 2500 b for ST 5000b for overnight. But compare with HDY I think Betong is more costly and not as lively as HDY. Anyway have a nice trip

Cheers
TK

KatoeyLover69
26-04-2006, 12:02 PM
BETONG HOTELS

Betong City Plaza
1 Thammanuevithi Rd.
Tel: 073-230441-3

Jacky Chang Hotel
226 Sukayang Rd.
Tel: 073-230710

Sometime Resort
42/20 Kunujanong Rd.
Tel: 073-245611-2

Betong Hotel
13-6 Saritdej Rd.
Tel: 073-231231

Metro Hotel
8/2 Chantarothai Rd.
Tel: 073-230525

Sri Betong Hotel
29 Jirajinda Rd.
Tel: 073-230188

Betong Merlin
33 Chayachoavarit Rd.
Tel: 073-230222

My House Hotel
27 Rattakit Rd.
Tel: 073-230741

Sri Jaroen Hotel
29 Jirajinda Rd.
Tel: 073-230537

Cathey Hotel
17-21 Chantarothai Rd.
Tel: 073-230996-9

Nice Resort
398/50 Sukayang Rd.
Tel: 073-245620-3

Thai Hotel
25 Rattakit Rd.
Tel: 073-231236

Fha An Rung Hotel
113/1 Chantarothai Rd.
Tel: 073-231403

Penthhouse Resort
68/1 Rattanasatien Rd.
Tel: 073-230501

Thein An Hotel
119 Chantarothai Rd.
Tel: 073-231070

Fortuna Hotel
50 Phaddidamrong Rd.
Tel: 073-231180

Riverinn Resort
42/41 Kunujanong Rd.
Tel: 073-230509

Grand View Hotel
30-34 Grandvilla Rd.
Tel: 073-245510-6

Sang Fha Hotel
90 Rattanasatien Rd.

DickLip
26-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Bro KTL,

Thank you for the hotels listing but how about the room rates and top five hotel that you're suggesting based on your frequency staying in Betong. Perhaps, you also working out on top five farm that mongers to step or step out.

TP.:)

BETONG HOTELS

Betong City Plaza
1 Thammanuevithi Rd.
Tel: 073-230441-3

Jacky Chang Hotel
226 Sukayang Rd.
Tel: 073-230710

Sometime Resort
42/20 Kunujanong Rd.
Tel: 073-245611-2

Betong Hotel
13-6 Saritdej Rd.
Tel: 073-231231

Metro Hotel
8/2 Chantarothai Rd.
Tel: 073-230525

Sri Betong Hotel
29 Jirajinda Rd.
Tel: 073-230188

Betong Merlin
33 Chayachoavarit Rd.
Tel: 073-230222

My House Hotel
27 Rattakit Rd.

Sri Jaroen Hotel
29 Jirajinda Rd.
Tel: 073-230537

Cathey Hotel
17-21 Chantarothai Rd.
Tel: 073-230996-9

Nice Resort
398/50 Sukayang Rd.
Tel: 073-245620-3

Thai Hotel
25 Rattakit Rd.
Tel: 073-231236

Fha An Rung Hotel
113/1 Chantarothai Rd.
Tel: 073-231403

Penthhouse Resort
68/1 Rattanasatien Rd.
Tel: 073-230501

Thein An Hotel
119 Chantarothai Rd.
Tel: 073-231070

Fortuna Hotel
50 Phaddidamrong Rd.
Tel: 073-231180

Riverinn Resort
42/41 Kunujanong Rd.
Tel: 073-230509

Grand View Hotel
30-34 Grandvilla Rd.
Tel: 073-245510-6

Sang Fha Hotel
90 Rattanasatien Rd.

KatoeyLover69
26-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Bang Lang Dum
This huge dam in Tambon Ba Cho, amphur Bannang Sata, is 58 kms. from Yala township on the Yala-Betong route. The dam, constructed as a project of the Pattani River Hydroelectric Plant, offers beautiful scenery of mountains and the lake. It was the first watering project of the south which blocks Pattani River at Bang Lang Village 12.5 kms. From Bannansta-Yala Road,with it's wide and beautiful scenery for relaxation.

Bala-Hala Forest
It is royally registered as a southern rainforest district 2 on Sankalakiree Mountain between the Kingdom of Thailand and Malaysia. Also it is an outset of many important rivers on the far south of Thailand. For instance, Pattni River , Saiburi River and Sungaigolok River. It is full of various wild plants and animals.

Betong Stadium
Arena on the hill : it's the highest arena in Thailand located on the hill and the idea came from Merticda arena, Kualaolamper,Malasia.

Betong Tunnel
Located at Piyamitra Village 3 Kms from Hot Spring, it used to be communist battle field, it's now so called a historical.. both sides are surrounded with natural orchids and..opend eveday.

Bhuda
The biggest golden buddha in Thailand which is..parts by parts And delivered from China by ship , surrounded with trees and on Ratanakij road near Mahathard Jedi.

Flower Garden
Cold Place Flower Garden : With the cold weather for the whole year at Betong, there are various cold place flowers which can be planted. The garden is surrounded with hills at Piyamitre 2 village and the project is held by Princess Sirinthorm command.

Guan-Im Temple
Eleganly standing with the Sino architecture and exteriorly housing a 7 tiered stupa, Kuan Im temple accommosates a worshiped shrine with several prominent statues of Chinese gods and goddess. Recently renovated in 1965 or 36 years ago, this temple gains fame from its superb viewpoint of Betong, thus becoming another tourist spot for many visitors.

Hot Spring
phenomenon in There is a hot spring a natural Jaroh Patai village, Tanoh Maeroh town. 4 kms. from Betong district, on the road branching right which runs for another 7 kms.The hot spring can hard boil an egg 7 minutes. It is also believed that the mineral water can cure skin diseases. Which is the most famous for spa in Betong, located at Bor-nam-ron ( spa ) village, Ta-nor-mae-roh districe, 5 kms from Betong on there highway number 410 and 8 kms from the junction. It's a believe that spa sinking healthy.

Inthasorn Waterfall
To explore this waterfall which is 2 km. close to the Hot Spring, a 15 km drive from betong is recommended. Apart from being a tourist spot, this waterfall signifiles a abundant natural resource, well protected in this area. Even the dry summer season may only lessen the flowing stream.

Betong Mong Kol Rit Tunnel
To lessen the transportation problem in Betong, especially from the downtown to Aiyerberjang Rd. of a new established community, the only vihic tunnel in Thailand, Betong Mong Kol Rit Tunnel, then was constructed. This concrete - reinforced tunnel, 268 meter long, 9 meter high, 7 meter wide, with the 7 meter wide road surface, 1 meter wide footpaths and draining water ways alongside, was opened on January 1, 2001. To commute, vehicle speed is limited to 60 km/hour. THis tunnel becomes another tourist spot in Betong, recognized as the only vehicle tunnel in this kingdom.

Nang-An Bird
A herd of on the roof at night comes from Siberia which is one of one remarkable sybool of Betong. As the city landmark and the city center point, the dazzling Clock Tower attracts visitors with its marble construction and traditional Thai arts as well as traditional sculptures. On the top of this place, visitors might be amazed with a flock of swallows from Siberia only from September to March.

Pudtathiwad Temple
This temple is a developing model temple of Betong with the most beautiful and remarkable architectures and paintings. The design seems to fit the old natural location. It is located on the hill on Ratanakij Road.

Stupa Phra Mahathat Jedi
Stupa or Jede :Srivichai the most gorgious and biggest Jedi of the south, located in Buddhawad Temple Ratanakij Road..on the hill It is situated at Wat Putthathiwat on Rattanakit Rd. the structure of the stupa is an adaptation of Sriwichai style. It is 39 meters wide, 39.9 meters high, the stupa is considered the biggest and most beautiful in the south. It was built to mark Queen Sirikit's 60 th birthday.

The Art and Cultural Center
A Thai styled structure in reinforced concrete, the center encompasses three joining buildings. The center is adjacent with 2 small scaled Mondops made wood. Inside the center, musical instruments, folk handicrafts, local costumes, and other traditional artifacts, all which reflect folklores in the Central and the South. To the left, visitors can witness the similar traditional artifacts but found in the North and the Northeast.

The Biggest Mailbox
The biggest and the tallest mailbox of the world is on the corner of Sookayang road near the clock tower. It's a symbol of Betong which is now renovated as 5 times bigger than the previous one in front of and both can be used regularly.

The Central Mosque
No clear evidence can disclose the history of this mosque except a narrated story from old generation that this mosque was built with 6 round log topped with 6 thatch roofs. After the first Imam named Puedika Karim died, this mosque was relocated to many new places, from Kampong Puetor to Kampong Tuemoh and Kampong Yuror respectively. Until 100 years ago, the mosque was reestablished at the current site with the cement floor, wood walls and corrugated iron roofs. During the World War II, Japan invaded this town. Until when Haji Hama Da-te who just came back from the pilgrimage to Mecca, cooperated with local Muslim residents to begin renovating this mosque.

The Southern Most Border of Thailand
From Betong on highway number 410 around 7 kms is the border between Peruck state of Malasia and Betong district of Thailand, it's also a tourist film shooting spot.

Toh-ni Court
Located in the middle of Betong district, at Werarathprasarn School. It,s a believed that Toh-ni was a strict Muslim and who comes to this place and pray will receive what they wish.

KatoeyLover69
26-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Bah-Jang (Jae Heag)
Mixed from Stick rice and pork spices. It is the recipe individual Jae Heag in Betong Town.

Betong Chicken
Tender steamed chopped chicken flavoured with Betong soy sauce. The transformation of mixed breed of gwoangsai chicken from chai and local chicken turned into famous Betong speciality chicken dish that must be tasted by all visitors.

Betong Noodles
Choice must be made. Yellow one is egg noodle or the white made from wheat flour. Try one and there are dried products,can be bought as a gift from Betong.

Betong Soy Sauce
Betong has a well-known reputation for best soy sauce producer.

Betong Watercress
Looks like parsley ! Taste like spinach ! Delicious in oyster sauce or in pork broth, also a medicine for preventing flue!

Chinese fish or Shalw-Hue fish
A variety of Betong's delicacies are popular with this fish like steamed China fish with plums, deep fried China fish and yellow curried China fish. Visitors must not fail to taste taste these dishes. This Freshwater fish orginally from China, having small plants as food, is usually farmed in floating baskets.

Chogun Orange
Juicy, scented and wonderfully combination of sweet and sour taste make chogun onange to be a perfect refreshment. Originated from Madarin orange and first found in Betong.

Traditional Coffee
Its sweetness and unique aroma can be tasted and smelled when drinking this traditional refines coffee which is made in a traditinal process. Due to a career development in a village, the women group joined to produce coffee powder for sale with the local seed. Today, this is a recommended souvenir in Betong.

Kaw-Hyork
The most famous dish in Betong, involved more than 3 hours in preparation of pork with taro marinated in Chinese medicine and herbs.

Mountain Frog
Completed the exotic holiday with mountain frlg stir fried in garlic and peper or with vagetable. A wild mountain frog could weight up to 1 kilogramme.

Sa Cu Sai Moi
In production have method to pile up. Especially a movement to use time very much and mixed composition spices will be good flavor and private a recipe.

Shal - Guaw
Typical Betong dessert served with scented syrup and crashed ice. Jelly similarity made from the ferm enting alga alga black grass, from china, with sweet potato flour.

putera@8
11-07-2007, 10:15 PM
latest from me, was there a week ago.

New hotel RM138 with 398 rooms opened during cny. Now no need to book ahead. Plenty of rooms, however not much china girls, was looking around @ new shanghai, fantasia and new world, each have about 10 girls, quality not very good.

Was in Nice Resort, kayotee.....almost a fight there when one indian shot a panty at another guy....

Jockey club ........better, saw a real thai beauty wit chinese look, but she was asking for RM500...so tell her to piss off.

Merlin KOK, 2 russian performing.......didnt enquire but was told about RM500 overnight.

As usual food at shangrila is excellent.

Beer now @ RM18 per bottle, @ merlin KOK its RM12 or RM24 for small botttle.

Al in all a nice trip just to lookc look c...

Didnt book any...nothing fancy...

Thailand king
15-07-2007, 02:35 AM
HI all,
Just came back from Betong 2 days ago. Overall this town is very quiet during weekdays. Check into Sometime resort with frens and it seems we are the only ones there. At Rm 60 per nite consider cheap for its nice view but i was very dissapointed with it. Just imagine I have to change 3 rooms due to air cond not working , no hot water . Finally got a room which the air cond working but without hot water. Have to bath in cold water and lose the chance to bath togethr with puying Shit!!!!. I think next time i better go to river inn. Visited Grand view area and i would say only a few are lookers. Dont waste time there! PRC in Betong are getting less and also quality is very low(Better sleep alone rather than waste $$$) Only happening is in Nice Resort. Price range fr Rm 200- Rm 350. Did not go to kongka cos we arrive early and its still not open yet. Any bros have info please contribute.

Cheers
TK