PDA

View Full Version : Ida fracas - another brompton bike saga?

Sammyboy RSS Feed
23-04-2015, 03:50 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

IDA FRACAS - ANOTHER BROMPTON BIKE SAGA?

Post date:
22 Apr 2015 - 9:04pm

http://therealsingapore.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/TKInternetSign04112013e_0.jpg?itok=s7xd5Xnc (http://therealsingapore.com/sites/default/files/field/image/TKInternetSign04112013e_0.jpg)

Is it just me OR does the IDA saga share a lot of similarities to the Brompton bike case? Case of déjà vu perhaps?

When news of the Brompton bike corruption broke, first thing was minister Khaw Boon Wan stepped out and said nothing wrong with NParks buying brompton bikes. He did so without even COMPLETELY investigating the case. It was until netizens continued to press for further action AND even showed pictures of NPark executives being close friend to the bikeshop owner that the ministry FINALLY owned up. By then, the case was referred to CPIB.

Fast forward to this day, same thing is happening all over again. When news broke about Nisha’s lie, IDA came out and said nothing wrong there. But as netizens continue to pressure IDA for full investigation into the matter, it finally relented and said the investigation will start. Will this case be referred to CPIB again? Seriously I don’t know. The only difference in this case is no smart aleck minister dared to step forward to comment on the case. YES, mum’s the word now. SERIOUSLY, even when an enthusiastic friend of mine emailed to Tan Chuan Jin personally, he too has maintained radio silence and chose not to reply at all.

Kudos to these ministers!! It shows that they are learning from EVERY folly they have made. Last time Khaw Boon Wan jumped the gun by claiming no problem when there were actually tons of problems! The whole thing blew up in his face and came back to bite him in the “you know where”. My QUESTION now : IS this the right thing to do for these MILLION-dollar ministers?
What is so complicated about the employment of a CHEAT in a government organization? If you feel that she is not a cheat, then come out and declare that she is not. If you feel that she is a cheat too, then just fire her. When something that is so straight forward, you also do not have a stand OR cannot decide, what makes you think that you are capable to plan for us for the next FIVE years?!?!

I got friends who say I very gung-ho, single-handedly took the charge at IDA. They are WRONG!! I am no RAMBO!! IF my article was only read by few of you, there will be no momentum on the case and it will be easily brushed aside as NOISE. Thanks to EVERYONE’s support and comments on the case, it showed that I am not just being picky AND there was a SERIOUS lapse at IDA. SO, I alone did not challenge IDA. ALL OF US helped to demand that IDA wake up their idea!!

They then asked me if I am disappointed that my petition was only signed by 734. Are you kidding me? I am THRILLED!! Yes, my petition did not hit the original 2,000 signatures. BUT, guess what? People no longer “kia si” and choose to be anonymous anymore!! All of them were so BRAVE and went straight to IDA facebook to give them an earful!!

This would not have happened in the past as we are always scared the authorities will come after them. NO!! Nowadays, we Singaporeans are very COURAGEOUS!! We are so prepared to come out to fight for what is rightfully ours in the first place!!! Someone please get me a few bottles of champagne to celebrate SINGAPOREANS’ coming of age!!! It certainly took a while . . . Fifty years to be exact. Nevertheless, it was certainly worth the wait!

It so happened that my identity was revealed to The New Paper by a friend and they wanted to arrange for an interview with me. I politely rejected them and told them I am not here for the fame or fortune. I am just an ORDINARY man on the street who can still tell what is RIGHT and what is WRONG. This does not make me special from any other person who has a righteous mind. If they really want to interview people, just go to the IDA facebook, and you can see tons of people whom you can interview.

And last but not least, I must really must thank all the other netizens who went around to snoop and discovered more of such cases. AND I was so shocked to learn that a degree mill was operating just in our backyard! Thank God that Kings International Business School is now closed. How come the directors of that school are not arrested and charged for bringing the education system in our country into disrepute?! This part, I can only pray that our friends at the Commercial Affairs Department can pick up the ball on this.

MC First
TRS Contributor

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?205231-Ida-fracas-another-brompton-bike-saga&goto=newpost).