PDA

View Full Version : Sinkies Brainwashed By Opposition IB! Now Hostile Towards RC volunteers!

Sammyboy RSS Feed
03-04-2015, 01:40 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Dear TRS,

http://therealsingapore.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/RC.jpg?itok=_SgLlBMw

Please help me share this open letter to the RC of The Peak at Toa Payoh and PA!

This is enough. We had enough of your bullying and now you are monetising at the expense of the dislikes 87% of residents.

Here's the storyline, which I hope that all will help to make it viral and spread on ...

We are being bullied by our RC and PA!

They are adamant in building an RC below our block at 139B Toa Payoh. We have gone to our MP previously and he suggested for us to get petition.

We did that and 87% of the residents are against the idea of constructing an RC. But they are still going ahead with it.

Reason against the idea?

1. There is already an existing RC at our estate and they want a 2nd RC. Seriously the residents don't need 2 RCs within 5 blocks.

2. With the 2nd RC being built, the loading and unloading bay will be re-located to a new area, which will be a blind spot for vehicles. An accident has happened previously at the narrow stretch filled with blind spots.

3. The residents here do not need a RC group . We have written in to the authorities to disband the RC as they do not respect the decision made by the residents. To keep the kampong spirit alive and kicking, the residents here organize events without any help from RC, mind you, this group of committee are your true heroes who do not get free season parking, school priority and all that jazz.
We are totally appalled by the reply from PA stating that it is still fine to keep the current RC members and to build the RC despite a 87% NO from the residents.

4. There are still fire safety issues that are not being addressed with the building of the RC.

5. The RC are going to rent out the 1st RC premises to private operators. Which means they are monetising it at the the expense of our displeasure.

I have attached a few screen shots from our fb group . There are uncountable posts on this issue it will be rather time consuming to gather all the shots.

We are all media ready and give our best fight to save our void deck to the horrible oppressors. We need all your help to make this public as they are going to construct the RC.( Which they are already doing so)

We have written several emails to the authorities but they are either not addressing the issue or avoiding the issue.

Heartfelt thanks to all those who help to share my post.

Here are some of the complaints from our resident group:

http://i.imgur.com/rQ5GAIv.jpg

Also, this is the reply we received from our MP Hri Kumar:

Dear Mrs xx,

Thank you for your email.

The plans for the RC Centre have been discussed for some time, and I understand that residents have been given updates. TheRC members have also gone door to door on the issue. (RUBBISH they have simply left a flyer at our doorstep,asking for opinions. when they jolly well know that 87 % are against it.)

As a result, residents have had ample opportunity to give their views. Those views have been varied. Some support having the Centre and have urged the RC not to delay its construction. ( this sentence here is a total rubbish as 87% voted against the idea of building. why do we even want them to expedite.

Some have expressed concerns about safety and access. I agree with you that safety is paramount and am glad that steps have been taken to address it. As a result, the size of the RC Centre was reduced substantially and the necessary permits and clearances were obtained from the different agencies, including the SCDF. ( rubbish again. fellow neighbour have written in to questoon the revised rc on fire safety issue but no reply)

Some have asked that the RC Centre be relocated to other parts of the precinct. The RC has studied all alternative locations, and has determined 139B the most suitable.
( so RC's views are more superior than our votes and dislikes, if residents are against it whats the point of an RC that irritates us? They are not doing their duty of bringing the residents together. Yes the residents are all united now because we dont want RC.)

However, given the feedback, the RC has, after much effort, managed to secure the use of the former Key Collection Centre. This enabled the RC to substantially reduce the size of the RC Centre at 139B.

But not all feedback can be addressed. For example, some have argued that having an RC Centre will conflict with the property’s DBSS status and diminish property values. As you have not raised that argument, I need not deal with that.

I have asked the RC to circulate a note to the residents to inform them of the steps it has taken to address the feedback, so that residents are kept in the loop. ( circulate and tell us that they are going ahead when yhe main point here is that WE DON'T WANTRC)

The issue with the lifts is a matter for the Town Council, not the RC. I had organised a dialogue for residents with a senior representative of Fujitec (the manufacturers) where Fujitec acknowledged that some of the lifts had problems. They outlined their plan to remedy the matter, including stationing a technician on-site to monitor and deal with issues. Nonetheless, the Town Council continues to closely monitor the performance of the lifts. (Taichi)

Finally, the RC now has a new Chairman, Mr Charlie Chew (copied here). Mr Chew is a soft-spoken and conscientious man, dedicated to serving the residents of The Peak. You may speak with him if you have any other concerns. (TAICHI again and not addressing the actual issue)

Best regards,

Hri
http://therealsingapore.com/content/...es-association (http://therealsingapore.com/content/help-we-are-being-bullied-rc-and-peoples-association)

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?204147-Sinkies-Brainwashed-By-Opposition-IB!-Now-Hostile-Towards-RC-volunteers!&goto=newpost).