PDA

View Full Version : Kim Jong-un impersonator disrupts Hong Kong broadcast of Lee Kuan Yew's funeral

Sammyboy RSS Feed
29-03-2015, 09:30 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Source: South China Morning Post (http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1750277/kim-jong-un-impersonator-disrupts-hong-kong-broadcast-lee-kuan-yews)

Kim Jong-un impersonator disrupts Hong Kong broadcast of Lee Kuan Yew's funeral
Protester branded the former Singapore prime minister the 'world's greatest dictator'

Ernest KaoPUBLISHED : Sunday, 29 March, 2015, 4:13pm
UPDATED : Sunday, 29 March, 2015, 4:13pm

http://www.scmp.com/sites/default/files/styles/486x302/public/2015/03/29/kimbo.png?itok=-wOcS5RW
The Hong Kong-born Australian musician made headlines after posting pictures of
himself online as the “Young Leader” in 2013. Photo: SCMP

Hundreds of Singaporeans who gathered in Hong Kong to watch a live broadcast of the state funeral of Lee Kuan Yew reacted angrily when a Kim Jong-un impersonator took to the stage and branded the former Singapore prime minister the "world's greatest dictator".

The sombre mood of the broadcast was shattered as the protester yelled out "long live one-party rule in Sinagpore".

Shouts of “crazy” and “get out” erupted from the crowd as security guards ushered out the man, who goes by the single name Howard, and told him not to return.

“Singaporeans have everything one would want in a first world city, materialistically, but not in terms of civil liberties,” Howard told the South China Morning Post.

“My presence will make them understand this and I hope they will grow as a nation, socially.” Drawing parallels between Kim's hermit state and the Lion City, he said it was important to “support countries that did not have the freedom of speech”.

The Hong Kong-born Australian musician made headlines after posting pictures of himself online as the “Young Leader” in 2013. He made an appearance in the city last year during the 79-day occupy protests.

Hundreds of Singaporeans, many in tears, had gathered on the 46th floor of the Central Plaza skyscraper to watch the procession on large projector screens and televisions.

“I feel like I lost a grandfather. I don’t know why,” said charity worker Angeline Koh, 33, who has lived in Hong Kong on and off since 2011. “I wouldn’t say [Lee] was a dictator. He was the right man at the right time for the job and he was a good politician.”

Koh said Lee’s biggest legacy was in education adding that he had left behind a culture of incorruptible “integrity” and frugality.

Singaporean Hannah Wang, 34, said after living in Hong Kong for seven years, she had finally began to appreciate that Lee’s Singapore was a “very good place”.

“Hong Kong is run by businessmen. Singapore is run by politicians,” said Wang, who works in finance. “I’d say the world needs more Lee Kuan Yews.”

On Howard’s protest, she said: “Everyone has the freedom to say what they want."

The Consulate-General of Singapore, which co-organised the event with the Singapore Association and the Singapore Chamber of Commerce, estimated that more than 1,000 had turned up for the service.

End of Article

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?203848-Kim-Jong-un-impersonator-disrupts-Hong-Kong-broadcast-of-Lee-Kuan-Yew-s-funeral&goto=newpost).