PDA

View Full Version : MP Alex Yam shared: "Even the clouds shed a tear...

Sammyboy RSS Feed
11-03-2015, 09:00 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10945401_1005173166160750_1227793065568555142_n.jp g?oh=8d1902be0a45a1d0341f5cba5c71a535&oe=557130DB&__gda__=1438401764_771762cf74a19c82161ce3e2c7bd1a7 2

Stay Strong Kelly!

MP Alex Yam shared: "Even the clouds shed a tear... :.( Dear friends, many of you know Kelly, our young resident. A precocious girl, she has been suffering from Gaucher's Disease for the last few years, resulting in fits and convulsions. At the start of the year, it was such a joy to see her a little better and with a broad smile on her face. Our volunteers were greatly cheered and were also happy to see her dear mother looking better too. It has been physically and emotionally draining for her.

DPM Tharman Shanmugaratnam also had the opportunity to present her with her favourite Doraemon plush toy when he visited Yew Tee. It really made her day.

I visited a heavily sedated Kelly in the Intensive Care Unit. A severe lung infection has placed her in a critical situation. Her mother is devastated... As I held Kelly's hand at her beside, I didn't know what to do for the first time in a long time. I prayed hard, and I quietly teared. The convulsions have seized her with a renewed intensity and helping to calm her down even for the half hour was emotionally draining.

Many of you, dear friends and residents, have been journeying with us. You contributed milk powder to support her, you joined us as we launched Project Doraemon in August and folded origami cranes to encourage her in January. Now more than ever, she needs your thoughts and prayers as she battles against this infection. Her mother and family needs your encouragement too. So I ask each of you to spend a moment to wish her well. Kelly, 加油!"

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?202441-MP-Alex-Yam-shared-quot-Even-the-clouds-shed-a-tear&goto=newpost).