PDA

View Full Version : question abt donating blood

middleday
21-03-2006, 12:36 PM
in the questionare for donating blood at HSA they got ask do u want the test result for hepatitis, std etc

do i need to pay them?

do they send the test result to my house ?

thank you in advance

NMNHNLM
25-03-2006, 07:29 PM
in the questionare for donating blood at HSA they got ask do u want the test result for hepatitis, std etc

do i need to pay them?

thank you in advance

i think when ur blood got no problems then they will not come after u... is only ur blood got problem... then they will come knocking at ur door... since u declared tat u have no hepatitis or watsoever...

AfA_hmor
22-04-2006, 03:11 AM
i think when ur blood got no problems then they will not come after u... is only ur blood got problem... then they will come knocking at ur door... since u declared tat u have no hepatitis or watsoever...

Do take note that it is a criminal offence to lie on the health declaration form to be completed before donating blood. Within 24 hours after you have donated blood, you can call their hotline to destroy the blood taken (if you decide to change your mind), with no questions asked.

After that, if a donor blood is found to be infected, he or she can be prosecuted for giving false information on the health and sexual history questionnaire.

TommyPingPong
09-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Dudes,

Dun try to use blood donation as a form of "free" blood test. If the series for test for STD or virus is postive, you will get yourself in trouble with the law. There were a few cases from the blood bank for past few years.

Even if the blood test failed to detect any virus or STDs, your blood will be passed as "celan" and will be transmitted to patients.

What if you falsely declared your sexual history and the blood contained HIV and you will faced two issues, firstly, you will face the blant of the law and secondly, morally you had "Sabo" another innocent person with tinted blood.

So go for anomynous blood test at CDC and I think there are threads on these tests.

AfA_hmor
11-05-2006, 12:24 AM
Dudes,
Dun try to use blood donation as a form of "free" blood test. If the series for test for STD or virus is postive, you will get yourself in trouble with the law.
So go for anomynous blood test at CDC and I think there are threads on these tests.

Thanks TommyPingPong for your post. We must highlight the seriousness of blood donation in Singapore. It is not a casual matter, and definitely NOT “a form of free blood test”. The price to pay if your blood is found to be tainted is probably a legal court case, and maybe your name in the papers. Is this worth it? The anonymous HIV test is conducted by AFA at DSC clinic. Refer to our website www.afa.org.sg for the timing.

For more information, you can always email us at [email protected]. Play safe, test regularly, be responsible to yourself.

BeatAeroplane
11-05-2006, 05:14 PM
Hi Bro
My advice to all bros who are cheongsters is not to be blood donors. I was a regular donor until 8 or 9 years ago. When I first decided to be a regular donor years before that, the questionaire was realitively straightforward. They would ask questions like whether you had malaria ,hepatitis, etc. The last question was, did you have sex with another person of the same gender. All quite simple. Then they tightened up by asking whether you had sex with someone other than your apouse in the last six months. Later they tightened it further by asking whether you've had sex with anyone else other than your spouse. Imagine the info falling into the wrong hands.
At the end ogf the questionaire, they make you sign a declaration which goes something like " I hereby declare that the above answers are true and correct otherwise I shall be liable for imprisonment".

I wrote back in the feedback form that I found the declaration demeaning as I had come forward as a donor and they had the responsibility and obligation to check the blood before usage. If they found it unsafe, then feel free to dispose of it, but in my opinion it was not appropriate to threaten me with imprisonment. There was no response. I then made a decision to stop being a donor.

There was a scare on one of my last donations. They called me up one day and said that my blood was one of 8 bags used on an accident victim who subsequently developed Hepatitis E or F. I did not even know there was anything after C. They were not certain of the source so I was recalled for a blood check. I was given the all clear subsequently.

So bros do consider carefully before proceeding. If you are strongly inclined to be a blood donor, do it in Malaysia cos, apart from the usual health questions, they only ask whether you are gay.:D

LoOpiNg
21-05-2006, 03:27 PM
I agree that there might be some inconsiderate people who donate blood just to get a free HIV test.
One way to solve the problem is to make HIV tests cheaper than it currently is (even if it's $20 now), so no one will ever have this idea in the first place. Maybe subsidised by the MOH or something.

zunbo
30-05-2006, 08:07 PM

do i need to pay them?

thank you in advance

Haloow....I don't think all of them answer what u have been asking. They only tell u don't tell you don't try to TEST WATER...U will Get Drown if u fail...

1) The Questionaires are personal qns...Whether u have been test positive for the a/m STD... NOT that they wish to test for U and U pay them...NO SUCH things.

2) All Blood donated at Blood Bank wil be screened for all the diseases within 6 hrs upon collection.

3) If u wanna get yrself tested. Go to Kelatan Lane ( DSC clinic) to get it done. The cost is less than $50 which is = to a bonking session.

jemz
30-05-2006, 11:30 PM
hi guys...

in my opinion... to all cheongsters, it is NOT advisable to give blood at all... i agree with some of what you guys have said. coz you never know unless you check super regularly...

i know in countries like australia, ppl with herpes can still give blood because the virus is hidden at the base of the spine rather than in the bloodstream. can only detect the antibodies through blood. but den..the gahmen strict la here... so well.... too bad lor...

still.. i applaud the guys here who would like to give blood to save lives! its nice to know that ppl around still care... :D

AfA_hmor
06-06-2006, 02:05 AM
My advice to all bros who are cheongsters is not to be blood donors. I was a regular donor until 8 or 9 years ago. When I first decided to be a regular donor years before that, the questionaire was realitively straightforward. They would ask questions like whether you had malaria ,hepatitis, etc. The last question was, did you have sex with another person of the same gender. All quite simple.

The imprisonment part can be viewed probably as a safeguard against people who declared false information, who donate “infected blood” knowingly or unknowingly, to the blood bank. Anyone who engages in any forms of sex should always “play” responsibly, and take any blood donation seriously. Put yourself into the shoes of someone who receive “infected blood” during transfusion, you wouldn’t want that to happen to you, right?

For more information, do email us at [email protected]. Play safe, test regularly and be responsible for your life.