PDA

View Full Version : PAP to HDB Voters, “Here’s Why You Should Vote Us Out !”

Sammyboy RSS Feed
17-02-2015, 11:30 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

My initial concerns when the saga made front-page and 3, 4 full pages of news were that Workers’ Party (WP) had walked right into PAP’s trap and it’s a serious blow to the Opposition electability in general.

How could WP, having won the first-ever GRC in S’pore’s electoral history, not be aware – and fully cognizant all the time of the consequences – that a vindictive PAP has its finger on the trigger to call out any sign of incompetence and/or wrongdoing? Also, absent in social media is the obvious but unspoken reality that some non-WP supporters are thinking, serve the ‘Wayang Party’ right for their arrogance and silence on other issues that opposition supporters are vocal about. WP should not take their support for granted.

And whilst die-hard opposition supporters will spin PAP’s spin to fit their own preferred view of the episode, the more important consideration is, “What’s the likely impact on FMMs (fence-sitters, marginal supporters, mal/mis-informed voters)?” It bears repeating and repeating that FMMs are where the next GE will be won or lost. Not the ‘kpkb’ opposition supporters nor the PAP IBs.

PAP’s Strategy
Allotting 2 parliamentary days to debate AHPETC-gate and deploying 3 ministerial guns, not to mention the #153-ranked mainstream media going to town with the happy news of WP’s ‘unlawful’ behaviour, suggest how pleased PAP must be with this staged public flogging.
(As an aside, I have been waiting for this opportunity to test Law Minister Sham’s own assertion of non-defamation to label him a ‘fool’. Hence, I say he’s a ‘fool’ or at least foolish to accuse WP of ‘unlawfulness’. If he so thinks, then send in the CPIB. Otherwise, we call your bluff, Minister of Law, sir.)

PAP thought they landed themselves a freebie to ‘fix’ WP. In one fell swoop, WP, the GRC-intruder and strongest Opposition party of the day, have done themselves in. As such, ‘kiasu, kiasi’ Singaporeans will think twice about electing more opposition MPs who are deemed financially and operationally incompetent to handle estate management issues that affect voters’ daily lives.

No surprise, PAP went for the jugular.

PAP’s Blindside
It’s been said too often how ‘crisis’ written in Chinese brushstrokes refer to ‘danger’ & ‘opportunity’ combined. But so it is. In PAP’s current offensive, Opposition parties find themselves with free ammo, critical to their GE campaign…I see Minister Stumblebum’s (Chan Chun Seng) paw prints all over this half-baked ‘strategy’?

The following should be judiciously used at the next GE rallies – by ALL opposition parties and in unison of purpose.
Two questions to ask HDB voters...http://2econdsight.wordpress.com/201...d-vote-us-out/ (http://2econdsight.wordpress.com/2015/02/17/ahpetc-gate-pap-to-hdb-voters-heres-why-you-should-vote-us-out/)

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?200883-PAP-to-HDB-Voters-“Here’s-Why-You-Should-Vote-Us-Out-!”&goto=newpost).