PDA

View Full Version : Pa serves spoilt food, forces elderly to skip dinner during chingay dress rehearsal

Sammyboy RSS Feed
11-02-2015, 06:50 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

PA SERVES SPOILT FOOD, FORCES ELDERLY TO SKIP DINNER DURING CHINGAY DRESS REHEARSAL

Post date:
10 Feb 2015 - 4:31pm

http://therealsingapore.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/chin.png?itok=KrgBuL48 (http://therealsingapore.com/sites/default/files/field/image/chin.png)

The People’s Association recently held a full dress Rehearsal for the Chingay Parade and proudly posted pictures of the Rehearsal on Facebook.
However, one netizen commented on the photos sharing the terrible experience that his elderly mother had had at the dress rehearsal.
He shared how the performers, all of whom are volunteers, were served spoilt food and many of the elderly performers were forced to skip dinner and practice late into the night.
Here is what he had to say about the event:
I've just picked up my mom from the CC near my house. She arrived back after a full dress rehearsal way after midnight (8 Feb 2014).
While on the way home, she told me what transpired during the rehearsal.
I was gravely concerned when she mentioned that the dinner prepared for her and her fellow performers had already turned bad by the time it was given to her around 5pm. Her fellow performers subsequently also discovered dinner packets with food that had around turned sour. This is unacceptable.
Food was later served again but unfortunately, her performing segment clashed with this and her whole performing contingent had to skip dinner!
My mum is already 68 years old. There are other performers in the same contingent, some older than her were similarly forced to finish their routine late into the night without dinner!
She as a Pioneer Generation of the country was very enthusiastic about this Chingay parade and has participated in multiple parades previously.
As her son. I am very disappointed over the organization and arrangement of the rehearsal.

After their segment was over, they had to wait till after 11pm before their transport arrived to ferry them back to their CC. I was already waiting at the CC around midnight with no sign of the bus.
At or around midnight, a bus arrived at the CC with schoolchildren presumably also performers (with their costumes) looking weary and tired with concerned parents waiting around to fetch their kids.
My mum's bus arrived about 15mins after this and the group of senior performers disembarked and my mom was complaining about the lack of coordination of food and transport for them.
I am extremely concerned about the organization and welfare for her and her friends. To me, this is unacceptable and very unreasonable for them as volunteers to be treated this way.
My mom was fortunate as I could be there to fetch her. Those families with no cars had to take public transport home. Bearing in mind that it was already midnight and to get home quick. Some had to bear the brunt of midnight taxi fares to go home with their performing costumes in tow!
I look forward to any response from the organizers of Chingay to rectify these points I have addressed. For her own safey, I had told her that if such situation persists, that she do NOT attend future rehearsals for her own well being and safety.
Lewis Loh (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152998053892279.1073741852.145162027278&type=1&comment_id=10152998614927279&offset=0&total_comments=5)
--
Following his complaint, PA said that they were looking into the matter. To which Mr Loh added that the families waiting to pick up the performers from CCs and RCs were kept in the dark and simply forced to wait for hours without any official notification about delays.
Do you think the PA should get its act together instead of forcing Elderly and young volunteers to suffer?

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?200259-Pa-serves-spoilt-food-forces-elderly-to-skip-dinner-during-chingay-dress-rehearsal&goto=newpost).