PDA

View Full Version : He Remained Trapped in Vegetative State for 12 Years. Then He Miraculously Awoke ....

Sammyboy RSS Feed
13-01-2015, 11:50 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

It was the late 1980s. Martin Pistorious, only 12 years old at the time, was initially hospitalized with what doctors diagnosed as Cryptococci Meningitis. The boy’s condition quickly worsened, ultimately leaving him unable to move or speak.

Doctors ended up delivered heartbreaking news to the boy’s parents, telling them that their son’s time was limited and he would likely never be anything more than a vegetable. The parents were told by the hospital to keep Pistorious as comfortable as possible until he inevitably died, according to NPR.

Prepared for that unfathomably devastating outcome, the parents took their son home. But instead of dying, “Martin just kept going, just kept going,” Joan Pistorius, the boy’s mother, told NPR.

For 12 years, the parents took care of Pistorious, which was a serious undertaking. The boy’s dad, Rodney Pistorius, would wake up every morning to dress his son and take him to a special care center. He would then pick him up eight hours later, “bathe him, feed him, put him in bed, set my alarm for two hours so that I’d wake up to turn him so that he didn’t get bedsores.”

Throughout all those years, Martin Pistorious showed no signs of improvement and the parents had very little hope that their son would ever recover.

Joan even remembers once telling her son, “I hope you die.”

“I know that’s a horrible thing to say. I just wanted some sort of relief,” she said.

More at He Remained Trapped in Vegetative State for 12 Years. Then He Miraculously Awoke and Had a Jaw-Dropping Story to Tell. (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/01/12/he-remained-trapped-in-vegetative-state-for-12-years-then-he-miraculously-awoke-and-had-a-jaw-dropping-story-to-tell/)

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?197918-He-Remained-Trapped-in-Vegetative-State-for-12-Years-Then-He-Miraculously-Awoke&goto=newpost).