PDA

View Full Version : Roy Ngerng – The saga takes a nasty turn

Sammyboy RSS Feed
13-01-2015, 08:20 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

For more than a month, nothing was heard of Hsien Loong’s libel case against Roy Ngerng. Privately I thought the two parties were trying to work out an amicable settlement out of court. I personally thought that would be a good thing for both parties. An outright confrontation when both refused to give an inch and went for body blows would only hurt both badly. None will walk away triumphant but with wounds and bruises all over. So I thought wise counsels must have prevailed and both will walk away with the least harm possible. Then I read Roy’s article posted in The Real Singapore, ‘ROY NGERNG: PM LEE TAKES ISSUE WITH 9 MORE OF MY BLOG ARTICLES TO PAY HIS LAWYERS $50,000 – 11 January 2015 – 1:48pm’

What Roy wrote in this latest article was not what I hope to see. Roy was acting like someone being pushed to the wall and would either scale over or bite back with all he got. It is a case of you want me dead, I will fight you to the end. And Roy has little to lose.

I have a lot of misgivings after reading the article. This development is bad for both of them. What happened? I can only guess that Hsien Loong was given the wrong advice again to raise the stake, to take Roy to the High Court and to demand higher compensation in the process. Assuming Hsien Loong won and Roy is made to pay a huge sum for damages, so what? Roy would be down and likely be made a bankrupt. Or he could go to the public for financial support to pay the damages like before. The latter would only excite more negative emotions and bad publicity for Hsien Loong and his party.

What would these bode for Hsien Loong? I could not see any good coming out of this for him. There is nothing of benefit to Hsien Loong. It would not only be a hollow victory but worse. How would the people look at Hsien Loong in his tenacious pursuit of this case? I am sure Hsien Loong would know that it can only do him harm than good. Then why pursue this case to such an unpleasant ending that would cost him dearly politically?

Who would benefit from the fallout of this case? Definitely not Roy, and not Hsien Loong. It would be like the proverbial saying, when the clam and crane fought, the fisherman would stand to reap the rewards. Who is or are the fishermen in this case and waiting eagerly and patiently on the sideline for the two to fall? Who would stand to gain the most when both parties ended in the gutters?

I must say I am taken aback by this latest development. Why is Hsien Loong forced to take this drastic step and in the process hurt himself more than he could hurt Roy? Some may think otherwise and thought this is a good thing for Hsien Loong, that he is doing the right thing. I choose to disagree. I would advise Hsien Loong to take the middle path if asked.

http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/01/12...-a-nasty-turn/ (http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/01/12/roy-ngerng-%E2%80%93-the-saga-takes-a-nasty-turn/)

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?197909-Roy-Ngerng-–-The-saga-takes-a-nasty-turn&goto=newpost).