PDA

View Full Version : My response to pm lee’s 2015 new year message

Sammyboy RSS Feed
04-01-2015, 06:10 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

MY RESPONSE TO PM LEE’S 2015 NEW YEAR MESSAGE

.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;} Post date:
3 Jan 2015 - 9:22pm

http://therealsingapore.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/pm%20lee_6.PNG?itok=CNbQy6lk (http://therealsingapore.com/sites/default/files/field/image/pm%20lee_6.PNG)

Dear PM Lee,

These days when I read your annual messages, I get a sense of “deja-vu”. I get this feeling that I have read or heard them somewhere before. There is nothing new.
You seem to have given up calling on Singaporeans to copulate and populate. No more baby bonuses, collapsed SDS schemes, maternity and paternity leaves – all of these seem to have fallen on deaf ears.

But Mr. Lee, you have been warned that more foreign workers doesn’t mean the right kind of GDP growth for Singapore and so you have to make a show of restriction in order to fight the next GE but after that how? Supposing you lose another GRC or 2 what will you do? Supposing you win big time what will you do?

I also wonder about your sad recitation of the lack of real productivity growth. What has happened to the National Productivity Board and your Labour Chief Swee Say whose portfolio is to foster productivity growth in the work force? Is he still busy reading his CPF statement every night and pontificating on tooth-picks from Din Tai Fung?
What has happened to the QC Movement and the fish-bone chart? Has it gone to feeding the dogs? Then again what about “Japan as Number One” written by Vogel which all civil servants were required to read? What are they reading now? Is it Malcolm Gladwell’s little tome of nuggets? Or is it “How to aspire to the Swiss standard of living by ex-PM Goh Chok Tong? Maybe it’s not too late for both of you to revive this goal and learn from the Swiss how they improved productivity for the last 150 years to get where they are today? And mind you without importing a lot of foreign PMET’s and foreign workers.

Mr. Lee I am not an economist but a mere observer with a penchant to give some honest tips from time to time. As a pioneer I have yet to out-live my usefulness. I would like to offer a small packet to you, the father and the Holy Goh on how to get out of the dilemma. One way is to get closer to the people and listen and really listen and you might just get some new ideas and vision.

For a nation to back you up behind a powerful productivity movement you need to fire up the imagination of the people. You don’t have that at all and you like to major in minors like setting up a supra agency to pick up fish-ball sticks.

Your President Tony Tan has also not been doing much except for state sponsored travel and patronising at charity events. Why not tap his acumen and knowledge as an economist, ex-banker and ex-minister to champion your flagging productivity movement. In that way Singaporeans will sit up and say “WOW – we are really seeing something new. If our minority President can roll up his sleeves to help lead us out of this productivity dilemma why sure as hell we will follow!!
Go on Mr. Lee, let him do something useful for you. Then by 2016 your new message will be different and not so deja vu anymore.
Yours sincerely

Patrick Low

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?197106-My-response-to-pm-lee’s-2015-new-year-message&goto=newpost).