PDA

View Full Version : Pope Francis X’mas message and Singapore?

Sammyboy RSS Feed
26-12-2014, 06:00 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

According to the Straits Times news report “Pope’s Christmas chiding ‘a call for Church reform’” (Dec 24) – “Pope Francis warned against what he called a lust for power, hypocritical double lives and the lack of spiritual emphathy among some men of God.”
“Basic truisms:-
Poor church for the poor
- “This is what I want, a poor Church for the poor” (March 16, 2013) – Singapore has an estimated reserves of almost $1 trillion, whilst an estimated quarter of Singaporeans are in poverty
Reboot needed
- “If a computer breaks it is a tragedy, but poverty, the needs and dramas of so many people end up being considered normal” (June 5, 2013) – Singapore spends billions on gardens by the bay, marina coastal expressway, youth olympic games, F1, etc – but the lowest welfare spending in the world
Inclusive
- “If someone is gay and is searching for the Lord and has good will, then who am I to judge him” (July 28, 2013) – Singapore still has S377a
Famous quotes of Pope Francis
“Human rights are not only violated by terrorism, repression or assassination, but also by unfair economic structures that creates huge inequalities” – Singapore has the second worse Gini (income inequality) in the world
“A little bit of mercy makes the world less cold and more just” – Bloggers are being sued for defamation and contempt of court in Singapore
“Every man, every woman who has to take up the service of government, must ask themselves two questions: ‘Do I love my people in order to serve them better? Am I humble and do I listen to everybody, to diverse opinions in order to choose the best path?’ If you don’t ask those questions, your governance will not be good” – This one is self-explanatory and obvious in Singapore
Merry Christmas
Win battles lose war

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?196559-Pope-Francis-X’mas-message-and-Singapore&goto=newpost).