PDA

View Full Version : Sinkie charbo terrified in Sydney woh. Just how many sinkies are in Sydney?

Sammyboy RSS Feed
16-12-2014, 03:50 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Population growth is not the problem. Its just that sinkies are all overseas and not living in sinkieland. This charbo Ms Chua so terrified go and serve NS lah. She will be used to the gunfire and explosions after that. Sinkies are kiasu even in foreign countries. U can take the sinkie out of singapore but u can't take the kiasu out of the sinkie.

I'm terrified: Singaporean in Sydney after hostage crisis erupts

Singaporeans in Sydney feared for their safety as office workers and residents in the city centre were evacuated on Monday afternoon amid a hostage crisis at a cafe in the city's central business district.

Transport in and out of the city centre, including trains, via Harbor Bridge has been shut down temporarily after reports that hostages had been taken at Lindt chocolate cafe in Martin Place.

A Singaporean student who wanted to be known as C Chua, who stays within a five-minute walk from hostage area, said she learned of potential bomb threats and has moved to a friend’s home further away from the scene.

“This is surreal. Sydney has always been safe,” she told Yahoo Singapore, adding that she and fellow residents received instructions from their building superintendent to quickly leave for the suburbs once Harbor Bridge transport is back up.

Accountant Ashley Goh, 28, said he was evacuated from his office building in Sydney’s central business district as well.

“I’m terrified,” he said. “People are frantically calling their loved ones to check if they are safe and away from all the Sydney landmarks, which are considered bomb threat areas now.” Goh added that his colleagues are also waiting to leave the city to their homes in the suburbs.

Local reports say roughly 10 hostages remain inside the café after a more-than-eight-hour standoff, where some were earlier seen pressing their hands to the front-facing windows and holding up a banner reading “There is no God but Allah, and Muhammad is his messenger”.

Police have said that negotiators have established contact with the person holding the hostages, although they have not yet said whether they have determined the motive behind the standoff.

Meanwhile, 43-year-old Sydney resident Julia Gan, a Singaporean hosting her elderly parents on a visit to Australia, said they were at the Sydney Opera House when news first broke of the crisis, and she panicked when she could not reach them via their mobile phones at one point.

“My parents are in their seventies; they can’t speak English very well and I was so terrified when I couldn’t contact them,” she told Yahoo Singapore. “It was the worst two hours of my life. You never think this is going to happen to you. You just don’t.”

Meanwhile, Singapore's Ministry of Foreign Affairs said that as of noon it had not received reports of Singaporeans affected by the hostage situation in Sydney.

"MFA is deeply concerned about this disturbing development and our thoughts are with the hostages and their families. MFA is monitoring the situation closely," a spokeperson for the ministry said.

"MFA would like to advise Singaporeans in Sydney to take the necessary precautions for their personal safety, heed the advice of the local authorities and monitor developments closely. They should also e-register with MFA, if they have not already done so," the spokesperson added.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?195851-Sinkie-charbo-terrified-in-Sydney-woh-Just-how-many-sinkies-are-in-Sydney&goto=newpost).