PDA

View Full Version : What is love?

jackson555
24-11-2014, 04:50 PM
Don't know if anyone will answer this thread, but as title says it..

What is love?

Does it mean anyone treat you nice, take care of you and make you happy means love?
Does it mean crying and feeling heartache after a break up means you love the person? What happens to the said 'love' after that?

Deep questions and confused. Wondering if anyone would enlighten me with their wisdom :)

porscheclub
24-11-2014, 05:23 PM
Love often spoken hardly meaningful & overrated. Greatest love IMO is from parents & those who sacrifice without asking for returns but don't be an idiot to give love to the undeserved.

topcook1
24-11-2014, 05:49 PM
Parental love is the greatest...is unconditional...

jackson555
24-11-2014, 09:01 PM
Love often spoken hardly meaningful & overrated. Greatest love IMO is from parents & those who sacrifice without asking for returns but don't be an idiot to give love to the undeserved.

I guess it's a very thin line between giving without returns and to someone ungrateful?

Parental love is the greatest...is unconditional...

Haha, is parental love really that unconditional? What happens if the child is constantly rebellious even as an adult? Will the parents give up on them?

PPGirl
25-11-2014, 12:37 AM
Depends on which type of love are u referring to?
Love can be an unconditional commitment to a imperfect person.
It can be a love to ur parents, siblings, frds, ur other half or even to animals.
I think there is no definite answer on what love is all about.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love

No offense but just find this pic cute or quote has nice meaning
http://img2.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/20260/202601723cbcf997545f3a795683fa625f343c6b.jpg

jackson555
25-11-2014, 01:35 AM
Depends on which type of love are u referring to?
Love can be an unconditional commitment to a imperfect person.
It can be a love to ur parents, siblings, frds, ur other half or even to animals.
I think there is no definite answer on what love is all about.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love

No offense but just find this pic cute or quote has nice meaning
http://img2.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/20260/202601723cbcf997545f3a795683fa625f343c6b.jpg

Thanks PPG, that's a really cute photo! Haha, wiki has got so many definitions and ideas about love :eek:

sammyboyfor
25-11-2014, 03:30 AM
Love is chemical process and nothing more. Google "Chemistry of Love".

Don't know if anyone will answer this thread, but as title says it..

What is love?

Does it mean anyone treat you nice, take care of you and make you happy means love?
Does it mean crying and feeling heartache after a break up means you love the person? What happens to the said 'love' after that?

Deep questions and confused. Wondering if anyone would enlighten me with their wisdom :)

oxeso
25-11-2014, 10:29 AM
What is love?

Bluntly put, Love is jus a feeling, fades wif time.
Wat lingers on is Affection, grows wif time.
My pov..:)

sammyboyfor
25-11-2014, 10:45 AM
Bluntly put, Love is jus a feeling, fades wif time.
Wat lingers on is Affection, grows wif time.
My pov..:)

If you want a lasting relationship, you have to be "best friends" first and foremost. Passion plays no part in the process after a few years.

That is why I always advocate NEVER marrying a whore. Fucking them may feel great but imagine trying to be best friends with a girl who has a whore mentality. It is next to impossible.

oxeso
25-11-2014, 01:46 PM
If you want a lasting relationship, you have to be "best friends" first and foremost.

Makes perfect sense to me. Thanks for d sound advice, boss.:)

Captainoceania77
25-11-2014, 02:27 PM
I only knows how to make love......most love feelings will fade one day. I can only trust parental love only.

Firelord
25-11-2014, 05:14 PM
If you want a lasting relationship, you have to be "best friends" first and foremost. Passion plays no part in the process after a few years.
Very TRUE. after 20-30 yrs, all passion go down the drain.

maxsee
25-11-2014, 09:35 PM
Usually true love will exist when both of you know one another during youth days and stick through together....But then again this seldom happens in today's context....:D:D:D

seabass
25-11-2014, 11:28 PM
Dear TS

Permission to be brutally honest; yours is called unrequited love.

Being in love with somebody who doesn't love you can be a heartbreaking experience. Follow these steps to move past the pain and get on with your life.

1. Do you feel depressed- this is your mind telling you your body is tired and need rest.

2. Fight or Flight - you do know the answer as Mr X have put it bluntly to you...

3. Time - Is it not time to move on and let your wounds heal? The heart speaks so let the mind listen , no?

4. There are plenty of fish in the ocean - you cannot add until you subtract. Simply put : ask yourself what is in your hand? Open your hand and let him go. In so doing, you will find release and someone else will surely come before you.

Finally you poor baby, I wish you well, TS : stay hungry, stay foolish.

magicafe
25-11-2014, 11:35 PM
bro,
If love is from WL or FL , LOVE = Lies Only Very Easy. (LOVE) . I always believe that WL have feelings only not love. LOVE = MONEY.
I rather prefer a gal to give me her true heart than love. LOVE is changeable. THe truth of heart is unchangeable.

dyelook
26-11-2014, 12:48 AM
i myself also looking for the meaning of LOVE...
ps: see my signature... :p

Rocode
26-11-2014, 01:10 AM
Morning TS,

To Me Love.., is Understanding Pain, and Mending A Heart.

Love Is About Being Positive, Patient & True To Ones Self.

From Then Then Can You Truly Love.

Love Yourself Before You Love Others.

Cheers
Rocode

jackson555
26-11-2014, 01:42 AM
Wow, didn't expect so many replies from different pov. I'm very glad to read through and ponder upon the wise words of bros around here.

That is why I always advocate NEVER marrying a whore. Fucking them may feel great but imagine trying to be best friends with a girl who has a whore mentality. It is next to impossible.

That is true. In today's context, people jump straight into a relationship without knowing if they can be friends first. It's really difficult to skip this trend though, unless they are schoolmates or something...

Dear TS

Permission to be brutally honest; yours is called unrequited love.

Being in love with somebody who doesn't love you can be a heartbreaking experience. Follow these steps to move past the pain and get on with your life.

1. Do you feel depressed- this is your mind telling you your body is tired and need rest.

2. Fight or Flight - you do know the answer as Mr X have put it bluntly to you...

3. Time - Is it not time to move on and let your wounds heal? The heart speaks so let the mind listen , no?

4. There are plenty of fish in the ocean - you cannot add until you subtract. Simply put : ask yourself what is in your hand? Open your hand and let him go. In so doing, you will find release and someone else will surely come before you.

Finally you poor baby, I wish you well, TS : stay hungry, stay foolish.

The steps that you mentioned sounds logical enough, the hardest is to take the first step out of the zone. I can't say enough of how difficult it is; but I like what you just said, definitely pondering long and hard over it.

i myself also looking for the meaning of LOVE...
ps: see my signature... :p
haha, that's quite funny though. may you find what you are looking for :)

bbmapple
26-11-2014, 08:06 PM
I quote Dalai Lama -->> " Love is the absence of judgement. "

ts,
if u can love an imperfect person perfectly, then that is love.
for a while, I found the male version of me, I thot that is love. We were best friends who understood each other almost perfectly. But its not so simple. He was rather judemental about the way I handled certain issues and he couldnt trust me completely. Once doubts creeped in, the emotions all changed.
I am still hanging around, didnt end that friendship. But hoping all the best for him now.

Another quote, “买卖不成 ,情义在。”

Edyta
26-11-2014, 08:40 PM

ts,
for a while, I found the male version of me, I thot that is love. We were best friends who understood each other almost perfectly. But its not so simple. He was rather judemental about the way I handled certain issues and he couldnt trust me completely. Once doubts creeped in, the emotions all changed.
I am still hanging around, didnt end that friendship. But hoping all the best for him now.

To love without judgement is very difficult

demonhunter
26-11-2014, 08:43 PM
To love without judgement is very difficult

Only animals such as dogs , will love without judgement / unconditional love .

:D

PPGirl
26-11-2014, 10:10 PM
Only animals such as dogs , will love without judgement / unconditional love .

:D

cats can or not? Cats lover here :p

jackson555
26-11-2014, 11:01 PM

ts,

bbmapple, it sounds like you love your partner a lot. Having found someone who's so similar to yourself and having to let it go, could you? Completely?

hahaha,demonhunter and ppg, I love my dog too! unrequited love man. But he died recently :(

PPGirl
26-11-2014, 11:06 PM
hahaha,demonhunter and ppg, I love my dog too! unrequited love man. But he died recently :(
dun sad.. he must be glad that he has a nice owner whom love him. Hope he reincarnate n be happy in next life :)
I have gone thru d stage of seeing my love one passed away..
Anyway cheer up!

jazp
26-11-2014, 11:16 PM
love is a mid-term to long-term chemical reaction so two can come together and eventually mate and give birth to the next generation. in short, it is for pro-creation, in biological terms.

google helen fisher for more information. she did a whole load of studies about love.

porscheclub
27-11-2014, 01:06 AM
I guess it's a very thin line between giving without returns and to someone ungrateful?

Haha, is parental love really that unconditional? What happens if the child is constantly rebellious even as an adult? Will the parents give up on them?

That's why the greatest love of all is sacrifice (IMO) you don't seek for returns so why bother if they are grateful because all you want is for the recipient to be loved & happy then you'll be at peace with yourself. The same applies for parents because we'll never know if our children will be filial but as long as we do our part by teaching and giving them our best then we have done our duty.

Agree on the first part but for the second if the man is a whoremonger then perhaps they are a suitable couple. That's why we see so many men here fall in love with WLs.

porscheclub
27-11-2014, 01:20 AM

Love is just part of our life and growing up; it goes on with & without it. So, don't take it too hard and if you believe in fate then let things flow as it should like a river looking for the sea or are you a person who likes to grab a knife by it's blade? Then fight for your happiness.

At the end of the day, we need to feed ourselves because we'll go hungry & time will wash away pain. Love is just like taking a bus; some of us keep changing buses to find our journey, the purpose in life before we reach the terminal.

KetupatSeller
27-11-2014, 03:45 AM
Love is just like taking a bus; some of us keep changing buses to find our journey, the purpose in life before we reach the terminal.

Very well said bro

Yakuza_AV
28-11-2014, 05:41 PM
Blind is love. Trust me.

Greenfrog
28-11-2014, 08:22 PM
maybe there is no such thing as love?

figure11
29-11-2014, 01:26 AM
Our Heart is like Mother Earth (Gaia)
Unbiased and unconditional, she embraces and supports all lives on this planet of ours.
When we're in love, it is like digging a well on the crust and it barrows deep down into the Earth.
The deeper we are in love, the deeper the well goes.

Gaia will swell the well with water (Love), in the form of rain, underground water and streams.
So that the well can services Man for the purpose of Life.
When Gaia stops filling the well with water, Man will find it harder to get the water he wants.
Man will starts to use instruments to fetch water deep down the well that is beyond his reach.

Gaia will never allow the well be void of water and continues to serve Man.
As long as Man understands and appreciates the dependancy and the balance that Man needs to maintain.
Man must remember that he needs to maintain the well and the water it holds constantly.
Never to take it as constant and for granted.
Left unattended and forgotten, the walls of the well will decay and the water will turn foul.

The well dried up when Gaia makes the ground that the well was dug from into a desert.
Walls of the well will collapse eventually and nature will fill back the cavity where the well was previously.
When that happens Man will return to realize and regret that he will no longer can find the well.
And the ground he stands upon is Lifeless...

bbmapple
29-11-2014, 04:29 PM
bbmapple, it sounds like you love your partner a lot. Having found someone who's so similar to yourself and having to let it go, could you? Completely?

It doesnt matter now. Isnt it?
Most impt, that person is happy. And our conscience is clear. Love is a very big word, but people always use it too loosely.

shazai
29-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Only you will know what is love cause different people interpret love differently

siri
07-12-2014, 01:18 AM
love is feeling hopeless. yea u will feel hopeless cos you know you will do anything for that sick thing called love.

why so emo sio!

TheCoolDude
09-12-2014, 12:08 AM
Only you will know what is love cause different people interpret love differently

Very well said bro

PoundIt
13-12-2014, 02:47 AM
Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

Love is blind, but never kind bro

EtherC
13-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Love is Evolution's way of making you do illogical things in order to propagate future generations for Mother Nature's evil pleasures.:D