PDA

View Full Version : PAP ban TPP film, say its pro commie, but gives PLA officer $26K for English lessons

Sammyboy RSS Feed
09-11-2014, 07:30 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

This is typical illogical double speak fucktard thinking by our govt, a govt that claims to be the best, and want to be paid millions $ for that. Here we have a case where Tan Pin Pin's movie about exiled singaporean communists, trade unionists, etc is banned by the PAP for 'national security" reasons. But yet our SAF is entertaining People's Liberation Army officers in exchange programs. And not only that, in order for this PLA officer to better understand our military policies, tactics, orbats, doctrines, etc (I mean that is the purpose of a military exchange, right? if it was just a holiday for the PLA officer, there would be no need to teach him 360 hours of english.) the SAF happily spends $26K of taxpayer money to help this communist officer UNDERSTAND the SAF better. How is this not an even bigger national security issue? I can understand if its Taiwanese army officer, after all, they are our unofficial allies and have allowed us to train in their country for decades. I even understand it if its a jewish officer from Israel with poor english skills. But we buy nothing from China, we have no military treaties or alliances with them. As far as I know, 70 chaps go to Nanjing to do "military exercise" with the PLA, not a great number considering the thousands that we have send to Thailand, Brunei, Australia, Taiwan, India, etc.

Make no mistake about this. The PLA do not send a junior Lt or even captain all the way to singapore to learn english and participate in an extended military exchange. This PLA officer must be a mid to high ranking officer. An officer of his rank is not promoted unless they have demonstrated fervent belief in the communist system and is himself a die hard communist. The conflict here is so obvious, I don't know how the PAP can justify this. $26K is the entire yearly salary of many singaporeans. To spend that on a communist PLA officer for english lessons so that he can spy and commit espionage on us is borderline criminally negligent and grossly irresponsible. His job is to glean as much information on the SAF's capabilities as he can. After all, we could be enemies one day if China continues to flex its naval muscle in SE Asia. For the SAF to teach him english in order to do his espionage job better is plain stupid.

Basic research would have told the SAF that China's army has its own foreign language institute where all their overseas military attaches are trained. Why wasn't this guy a graduate from this language institute? Why couldn't he have taken english lessons from the many english language schools in china before he came to singapore for the exchange. Surely, its a lot cheaper to take english lessons in china than in singapore. And there are many foreign native speakers teaching english in china too.

Basically, the PAP does not respect and care about the citizen's money. This is evident from all the money lost due to Temasek, GIC, etc. Its also evident in lack of oversight for things ranging from Brompton bicycles, to Herman Miller chairs, all the way to this. The citizens money is like a piggy bank for them. Vote them out at the next election. WE CAN DO BETTER THAN THESE FCUKS.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?193697-PAP-ban-TPP-film-say-its-pro-commie-but-gives-PLA-officer-26K-for-English-lessons&goto=newpost).