PDA

View Full Version : More and More SGs Will Emigrate if FAP Traitors Remain in Power

Sammyboy RSS Feed
02-11-2014, 04:20 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

WHAT THE FUTURE MAY BRING FOR SINGAPORE

.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;} Post date:
2 Nov 2014 - 9:07am

http://therealsingapore.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/singapore2_1_12.jpg?itok=ZlB6XIBh (http://therealsingapore.com/sites/default/files/field/image/singapore2_1_12.jpg)

Looking at the general direction in which Singapore is progressing towards I am very curious to find out what could possibly happen if trends continue and no action is taken to remedy the common problems that plague Singapore. I have thought about them and decided to pen some down based on the fact that humans will always be humans.

Loss of loyalty and brain drain

This possibility is a lead on from what people common refer to the dilution of the "true blue Singaporean". In this day and age the term “true blue Singaporean” is so subjective and divisive that I have decided to forgo it entirely. Even within the demographics of Singaporean “Citizens” is rather fluid and is subject to policy manipulation.

What I am talking about here is loyalty. That feeling that you want to stay, you want to make a future and settle down. Not the feeling of staying due to the lack of other options.

Singapore’s fertility rate is one of the lowest in the world (bottom 3rd according to the UN and CIA factbook) while being the densest populated country in the world by political boundaries. People procreate by choice and it is my opinion that the fertility rate is a vote cast by all women and by extension families of Singapore.

People who complain about whatever they are unhappy about (loads of things apparently) in Singapore are often criticized by their detractors with the statement “Not happy then migrate to another country la”. An effective response to these people because conditions in Singapore have deteriorated so rapidly that there was no way to prepare or predict this eventuality. Most people would be stuck because they are not prepared to migrate because of family, jobs, debt or comfort zone. This response is a knee jerk reaction and is very shortsighted.

Remember the Singapore dream? Work hard, get your 5Cs and life will be good. Parents chased the dream and told us to do so and boy did we listen, only to find that dream now out of our reach. Now imagine what parents will be telling their kids now. They missed the chance to migrate and those that did have kids will be telling their kids to chase a good life. (which parent in the right mind would tell their kids NOT to chase a good life)

Singaporeans are hard workers and a great education system with relatively high wealth (even the middle). Now try to think what will happen If these families focused their resources on to developing their children to be highly sought after by other countries. Even if a few did not succeed, a large number will. Numbers large enough to put a dent in the people-powered-economy of Singapore.

This is what I meant by the loss of loyalty. Families that can, will move on to greener pastures. Families that cannot, will keep trying until they succeed.

Is there any alternative to this? Not with the current policies and mindsets. They have tried to change the environment but everybody in Singapore knows how hard that is (even most have given up). They could certainly try working harder to make more money, but at the end of the day they will still be limited by the size of Singapore. The easiest option is to leave the environment.

The stigmatization of “quitters” another factor as to why this possibility is not brought up often. People think Singaporeans care too much about face to escape and be labelled quitter. However, I think many people have been considering this possibility and the consequences are quite really and dire. The “good life” has always been one of the greatest motivators of people and we all know how hard we are willing to work to improve our lives.

Let’s face it, we may ridicule these “quitters” who take the “easy way out” all we want but we are all humans in the end and who would want to suffer unnecessarily when the label is only just words.

Plebis
TRS Contributor

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?193172-More-and-More-SGs-Will-Emigrate-if-FAP-Traitors-Remain-in-Power&goto=newpost).