PDA

View Full Version : SG Begs Pinoy FTrash to Treat SGs Nicer in SG. WTF!

Sammyboy RSS Feed
26-10-2014, 03:00 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

I REALLY HOPE FILIPINOS CAN SHOW SOME BASIC RESPECT TO US SINGAPOREANS

.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}
Post date:
25 Oct 2014 - 11:24am

http://therealsingapore.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/ion11_0.JPG?itok=Fqi5wIBw (http://therealsingapore.com/sites/default/files/field/image/ion11_0.JPG)

I refer to the article: "FILIPINO WORKING IN SINGAPORE: I FEEL LIKE TRS READERS SHOULD BE NICER TO US PINOYS (http://therealsingapore.com/content/filipino-working-singapore-i-feel-trs-readers-should-be-nicer-us-pinoys)"

Last I check, this is still Singapore. Frankly, you are working on someone else's sovereign soil and country. Have some respect for the host country.

Let's level with you in a fair manner. Singaporeans are already struggling to make ends meet and we have our own families to feed. Our fresh graduates need jobs as well to feed their own families. Our retirees, senior citizens and the much "beloved policies of the Pioneer Generation (PG) are neither the best enough for the pioneers of Singapore.

We have poverty as well in this first world nation in the Malacca Straits, aka the tiny red dot in South East Asia.

ESPECIALLY, don't forget the brave SONS and DAUGHTERS of SINGAPORE serving National Service to safeguard our borders from domestic and international threats to this nation.
Was it your people or your sons who have to sacrifice 2.5 or 2 years of their lives to serve the country and put their lives on the line so that you as a foreign worker or foreign talent can sleep peacefully at night knowing that terrorism and crime will not strike when you are most vulnerable?

When you pick up the telephone to call for help, who is the Singaporean son or daughter on the other line dispatching help to you? Are you not taking our peoples efforts and sacefices for granted?

You expect us to be nicer to you, we Singaporeans expect you to be humble and gracious to the host country that you work in and not insult our intelligence by telling us that we should be the ones being proactive and to welcome you with open arms of grace.

Yes, unfortunately the number of gracious, respectful Filipinas are few and not many. (What I mean is there good Filipinas out there, just very few.)

Put yourselves into the shoes of Singaporean, you came to our country to work. We did not ask you to come here, please don't quote our leaders speeches of financial diplomacy, because they do not consult the people's counsel or consensus before doing things, they just do it for the sake of GDP and economic growth. (May the Gods strike me with lightning, if I lie)

Why don't you be nicer to us instead of telling us to be nicer to you?

Its weird you know, there are many Filipinas in the US, why don't you go send a letter to the NY Times or the CNN and tell Americans to be nicer? Why are you saying this to us Singaporeans only?

There is something called M-U-T-U-A-L R-E-S-P-E-C-T

No longer are Singaporeans push overs for foreigners to dictate OUR domestic policy or how the way Singaporeans should treat you. We are human beings also living under a "Happy Dictatorship"

How would you like if Singaporeans went to Manila, Philippines and told you to be nicer to us, not just 1 or 2, but this time around, thousands of us working there in blue collar jobs or the lower-end jobs, maybe some of us in white collar jobs.

Check yourself, back in the Philippines former Philippines president Ferdinand Marcos or Joseph Estrada were neither that good as well, loads of corruption

Am I insulting your leaders? Hell no. I am trying to tell you that you best reflect about how our political system is then understand WHY Singaporeans are pissed.

When you step into someone else's rice bowl, you know there will be blowback. You are in Singapore now, I don't want to be cliché, but!

"When in Rome!"

You want respect, you EARN it, You DON'T DEMAND it.

If you find my post utterly unacceptable, please take a moment and think about us Singaporeans also, many of us also have our families to feed, taxes to pay and give so much to our nation, sending our sons out to protect our way of life. Can you do that huh? Spare a thought for us Singaporeans.

Jerichó Kunze Tan

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?192719-SG-Begs-Pinoy-FTrash-to-Treat-SGs-Nicer-in-SG-WTF!&goto=newpost).